New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: The Goblet of Malice IC Thread

You all head to bed. By six o'clock the next day, people are already up and bustling around. Most are packing their stuff into backpacks for the trip ahead. They pack lilght, as they have no idea how far they are going to travel. As you all get ready as well, a messenger comes in and hands you a note.

You all crowd around it, and read the following:

There will be no breakfast today, but meet me in the dining complex.

~ Kashol

P.S. I like my eggs scrambled.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arthen:

Arthen wakes up, refreshed from the previous day's fight. <<That's funny,>> he thinks. <<I barely remember anything from my dreams... unusual. I usually meet up with him.>> He then murmurs aloud, "Maybe Caelenna would know... she does have some training after all. More than me, that's for certain. He then sits down, cross-legged, with his spear on his lap, and begins to enter his "inner mind," praying to Trithereon "for the strength to understand, the knowledge to overcome, and the humility to hide until necessary..." His prayers drift off into a mumble that is completely incoherent as he enters his mind's sanctum of thought.

When he is done with his meditation, (about an hour/half-hour later, whatever is most convenient) Arthen rises, stretches like a great cat, and begins to think about why Kashol would say that he likes his eggs scrambled. "Some sort of code?" he ponders.

Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies for not being able to RP much after the fight. I have been off because of the AP exams as my signature says, but they are done Monday. I'll still try to get on every day if possible. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets
    Pico's Law #7: The fastest way around a wall is to blast a hole in it.
    Sorcerer: "I! Am! The! Charismabitch! You WILL like me!"

I'm a teen, not a convict. Please treat me as such.

Looking for a good way to play Warhammer games online. PM me if you find one.

My Games:
    Organized Crime--Adrian Alastar

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin

Martin jerks awake, his eyes snapping open. Every night, it was the same nightmare...every night, the same screams. He shakes his head slowly and clomps over to the wash basin. Staring at his reflection in the glass, all he can see is the twin orange glow of his eyes at first, then the rest of the details flow into perspective. Tentatively, he pokes at the scales on his neck and face with his normal hand. They're so thick that he doesn't even feel his own touch through them, let alone any hostile blows. The area almost feels like it's permanently numb, devoid of the feeling of human skin. Martin's gaze droops to the dark tendrils that his arm has sunk into his chestplate. His armor is fused into the scales of his arm, making it impossible to remove without breaking it open. Will I spend the rest of my life in this armor? he wondered bitterly. Even the parts not covered the armor are slowly losing sensation. What will happen when I can no longer....feel? He shudders, forcibly driving his thoughts away from that dark cliff. He'd been down there once, and had no desire to return. Awkwardly, he began donning what little of his armor he had been able to remove with one hand.

About 10 minutes later, the azure knight clomps into the dining hall, fully kitted out with equipment slung over his human shoulder.

(Warning: Big image)
    Spoiler
    Show

Glancing around silently, Martin flexes his claw, his stomach grumbling. No breakfast? Sigh. This had better be good...

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Imani

The night before, Imani replied with a Night for Caelanna before locking her own door.

The next morning she wakes up, packs everything back up, says a quick prayer and she's in the dining room wondering what he meant by he likes his eggs scrambled... Does that mean he expects them to provide him with breakfast? She has her opinions on that.

She stands, waiting, her arms crossed and a neutral look on her face.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-05-06 at 07:13 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pico
    33/33

"...forty-seven...forty-eight...forty-nine...fifty!"

With a final grunt, the young monk unfolds himself from the corner of the bedroom's ceiling where he had been doing a series of acrobatic sit-ups while hanging upside down from a wall recess. He dons a thin blue open vest and matching pants, which tighten to match his frame. Closing his eyes in concentration for a second, a series of tattoos spill out from the center of his chest, spiralling into a galaxy of constellations and stars, linking in patterns, symbols and unruly animal shapes. He offers a grin to the meditating Arthen, muttering "My focusin' goes a little quicker, I think," before hopping out the door, gathering his belongings up in a single sweep of his rucksack. As he follows Imani to the dining hall, he whistles a rather irritating and pointless little tune to himself, the star tattoos on his arms and chest slowly rotating.
    Official World's Most Unbalanced DM. My characters had a Ring of Three Wishes at 3rd level.

Official World's Most Dense Players. They wished for slightly better armor and gloves.

Pushing Daisies avie pushed into place by Baboon Army.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

As you all try to enter into the dining complex, a few guards stop you.

There will be no breakfast served today. Trail rations will be provided upon leaving the complex. You can eat while you march.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fror Uthred

"Understood, however Kashol has told us to meet him here and I at least am not going to start my association with the Covenant by disobeying my commander." Fror says, adopting a steady stance in front of the guards blocking their entrance, both hands resting on the blade of his axe, which he has been keeping at hand and using partly as a walking device this morning, saying to any of the party who might've asked that it's in case the keep comes under attack again.
    "Now, the sooner you let us along to see Kashol the sooner we'll be munching stale jerky whilst we march." He says simply enough, non confrontational but also in a tone that says that he's not likely to be turned until he's seen Kashol.

The dwarf had been polite to the rest of the party during the night, however he also quickly went asleep, armor and everything. Perhaps it was a dwarf custom, or perhaps it was because of the infiltration by the undead the night before. In any event, he's also quite early to rise, having already combed out his beard by the time the others are about, and takes a moment of time to himself, muttering arcane words under his breath and polishing his axe in what seems a somewhat sacred practice. When he was done he had just enough time to make a comment about Pico being a bit of a fool to risk his neck in such a fool matter with his strange exercise before they had to be off with the other recruits.
    Last edited by Pink; 2009-05-07 at 01:28 AM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Imani

Imani stands by Fror at the entrance to the dining facility, That's correct. Kashol specified that we were to meet him here. She folds her arms over her chest and waits to see what happens. She finds this encounter irritating. She was told something and she intends to follow through.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

You were told eh? Well then, if you were told, then you should know what the password is. He says this with an obvious smile, not expecting you to get it.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin

The azure knight's glowing eyes stare at the guard for a moment, his expression unreadable under his helmet. Wordlessly, he holds out Kashol's note for the guard's inspection.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The guard reads the note, looks back to you guys, then reads the note again. He frowns, but reluctantly lets you in.

As you guys enter, your mouths drop wide. Inside this room are a bunch of machines, some of which you have never seen before and have no idea what they do. Predominantly, a large metal body with two metal clips and a tail stands in front of you. It looks very much like a bird, except only made of metal.

Other peope are hurrying about and carrying stuff as well. Stuff that they might or might not know how to use, but you definitely don't. Kashol spots you and heads your way.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin

Martin stares around the room curiously, but remains silent as he waits for Kashol to reach them.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fror Uthred

"By Moradin's beard!" Fror says, eyes going wide in awe as he takes in the scene. He had been slightly curious before about the strange materials and devices this organization possessed, but now he was simply amazed. He'd seen great halls hewn from the mountain by dwarves, and even seen a little and heard more about the odd but usually useless (except as an explosive device) devices of the gnomes. These things however, where something entirely different.
    As Kashol approaches the dwarf struggles between tying to be a good subordinate and asking about the devices. So he tries doing both.
    "Morning sir, we're here as instructed. However, what are those fascinating devices that the covenant possesses, and where do they hail from?"
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Caelanna Naionna

Caelanna woke up early, removed her chain shirt and stretched out her sore muscles, making careful not to interrupt Imani's prayer. She redresses fully, then pulls some small reeds from the bottom of her bag and begins chewing them to clean her teeth. She gathers around the note with the others and reads it curiously. What are eggs?, she wonders. Unused to such heavily manufactured environs, she can't come up with a place to get rid of the pulp of chewed reeds, so she swallows and spends the rest of the walk coughing.

They finally reach the strange room and Caelanna's jaw drops. What frightening metallic contraptions surrounded her! No wonder their world has gone to the Nine Hells, there's not a plant around.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Kashol smiles, mistaking Caelanna's mouth drop for enthusiam. That. he says. Is the biggest reason why we can't let Dallemi have this place. And all of these things around it as well. As to how we got them, well, let's discuss that over some breakfast.

He leads you around the room to a nearby table. On it, theres some toast with butter as well as tea and other drinks. He grabs a piece of toast himself, and motions for you all to grab one as well, and sits down.

So, how much do you know exactly of The Covenant?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since you asked...

Knowledge (religion) check to see how much I know about the legends and lore surrounding the Covenant.

(1d20+9)[15]
    Official World's Most Unbalanced DM. My characters had a Ring of Three Wishes at 3rd level.

Official World's Most Dense Players. They wished for slightly better armor and gloves.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Caelanna Naionna

Caelanna sits and reaches for a piece of toast. The strange machines reminded her of the difference between her world and this one, and she decided to be a bit more cautious. After Kashol asks what the group knows about The Covenant, she says one word, "Galen." She has a searching look on her face, waiting to see if the name rings a bell for Kashol.

Spoiler
    Show
    If he seems to recognize it only partially, she says, "Korgan."

By the way, how much exp did we get from that battle? For the purpose of updating the character sheet.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Pico
    Spoiler
    Show

you know that they are a secret organization against Lord Dallemi, and formed when he came to power. They work in secret, and don't give much away. Their numbers are way lower then Dallemi's but that is expected with any resistance group.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

As Kashol seems to continue on, he stops when he hears Caelanna say that name. He turns to her and asks How do you know that name? he is frowning.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Caelanna Naionna

"May we step aside?" She gestures away from the table.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pico

"Not much," Trepicor admits, appraising the metal bird before turning his attention to the group and the light breakfast. Buttering a piece of toast, he racks his memory. "A resistance group fightin' the undead and your lord Dallemi for... well, whatever reason. Secrets come and go, and you folks seem to be well known for yours more than anythin'... and with good reason, I see." He takes a sip of tea. "It seems from this... what d'you call it? That you've all got a little more power than an average resistance group. Not to state the obvious, but..."

Pico's mutterings to himself die down as Caelanna pulls Kashol's attention with a single name. He frowns, storing the information, but simply takes a sip and waits for them to finish.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Kashol fills in the name for Pico. An airplane. It's called an airplane, or at least that's what the book says. He stands up and motions for Caelanna to come with him. Stay here and enjoy some breakfast, I need to talk to Caelanna alone. He glares at you all to make sure you get the hint, and then the two go off.

[You can pm the conversation if you want, or you can put it in spoilers here. Depends on just how secretive you want it to be.]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Imani

Imani walks in, takes a look around, tries to understand the machines and fails. She hasn't seen anything like them before. She follows the others over to the breakfast and when asked about the Covenant, I know very little, only that you seek to overthrow the current regime. When Kashol steps aside to talk to someone else, she eats a little breakfast while she waits to learn more.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

I'll PM it. I need to go in like 15 minutes, can we pick it up in an hour? Sorry to stall everyone else.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

they can wait. If anything i'll have him explain the airplane. I myself have a test in 3 hours. (my last one! ) So i probably won't answer back until tomorrow most likely. Although I just might stay up to celebrate.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arthen:

Arthen gets up stiffly right after his new friends go by. "Crap! Looks like I missed something! Why does that always happen while I'm meditating?" he groans. He runs down the hallway and shouts to the guards, "Hey! I'm with them! Just ask! Wait up guys!"

If the guards just let him through:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arthen's jaw falls farther than an evil solar at the sight of the funky machine. "Am-ma-mmaaaazing!" he exclaims. He begins to glance around for the inevitable gnome tinkerer that created this wonder. "What's it do?..." he murmurs to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    roll spot: (1d20+3)[5] to see a gnome that appears to either know about the machine, or looks like he built it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets
    Pico's Law #7: The fastest way around a wall is to blast a hole in it.
    Sorcerer: "I! Am! The! Charismabitch! You WILL like me!"

I'm a teen, not a convict. Please treat me as such.

Looking for a good way to play Warhammer games online. PM me if you find one.

My Games:
    Organized Crime--Adrian Alastar

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Crel, you dont need to post all that, you can safely assume your with the group, although i don't mind you posting that.

Kashol and Caelanna return, and he picks up where he left off, a bit distracted. He keeps glancing at Caelanna.

We used to keep moving from base to base in remote places so as to keep our base hidden and keep Dallemi confused. It was by chance, and a little bit of luck that our scouts found this place. I don't know if any of you realize this, but we are underground.

He lets this fact sink in for a moment. We found this place, and all the ancient artifacts it holds. We think that this place is at least 500 years old. A cave-in blocked the entrance but we dug it out. Now we use a fake boulder in place. But many of the things you see before you, we have no idea how to use some of them, or what they are used for. The fact remains though that we can't let Dallemi use them either, or even get his hands on them for that matter.

We also found books that explained some of the artifacts. We hid those as well in a secret spot, no I can't tell you so don't ask. he says, rasing a hand to forestall any questions. But... I did bring one book back with me. He pulls out from his bag a book. And slides it towards you all.

It reads: A Pilot's Guide to Flying in Common
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-05-08 at 12:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Caelanna Naionna

Caelanna's mood was pensive since she returned to the table. She came to focus again when Kashol raised the small book for the whole table to see. She read the title quickly and then burst out laughing. She bangs her fist on the table and rests her head on her arm as her body quakes violently. She finally sits up, sucks in a deep breath and says in mirthful voice, "Who needs a guide for that! Just ask any old sorcerer or wizard!" As soon as she gets the words out she begins to lightly chuckle again.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Kashol frowns at her. I guess I should mention that all these artifacts are not magical. As such, they function perfectly without any magic at all, and even in the vicinity of magic. Needless to say if Dallemi got his hands on any of this, he would have control over technology and magic. We wouldn't want that.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pico

"The maiden has a point," Pico notes, smiling at the sound of Caelanna's laughter. "If that's what this thing's built fer, then it seems kinda unnecessary. Hells, I bet our wizardling here could fly away right now if she wanted to." He nods towards Marianya before running a hand over the cover of the book.

"Or does your book say this... airplane... is good for anythin' else?" He shakes his head and a pair of red falcon tattoos sweep down his shoulderblades. "And... well, excuse me if I'm bein' too bold, but if you're protectin' something this big with... a fake boulder?" he shrugs, "Then it's no surprise it keeps gettin' scouted and invaded and the like by this Dallemi fellow. Y'all need to keep it on the move."

Spoiler
    Show
    Who wants the book? Highest Wisdom/Intelligence bearer?