New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness (Game Thread)

*follows along*

*points at Mustiado*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Because night ended very abruptly.
    ((Hey, the night lasted longer then 24 hours if you look at the time the day ended.))

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Lady Luck's finally balancing the scales. The wolves have been unbelievably lucky this game considering their behaviour this game
    Luck nothing, that was all mad skillz.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Halfling in the Playground

Mustiado. We all know why. And then there will be one left and I have two suspicions as to who it might be.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Mustiado. Outright admission makes this a rather obvious day.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Orc in the Playground

Mustadio

I do enjoy it when we can be civil about leading someone to their death via strangulation. None of this fuss with 'survival instinct' and such nonsense.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

But... uh... WAIT!!

I'm... uh... ACTUALLY A VILLAGER! YEAH! AMONO WHATS HIS FACE MADE ME DO IT!

I swear.

Aw, who am I kidding.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

I totally believe you! *nodnod*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #729

The following person is up for auto-lynch:

EagleWiz

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Allright chumps, lets do this! Mustadio

11. - Top - End - #731

Outside of Kyou, close to the border of Yokai forest at the place where they had buried Simone three graves now laid, one still unfinished. Cessies grave was still empty. Arik had refused to give up his sister’s body which chilled both Promise and Hope to the core.

“I should have been there. I should have been able to protect them."

Promise just holds her without speaking. He has no comfort to offer as he feels the same sense of crushing failure and guilt.
    They sense the air grow colder around them, the grass quickly becomes covered in a thin layer of frost.

Hope gives Promise a sad smile. "Our turn then," she says, as they leap to their feet, back to back. Hope draws Aegnor's spirit knife, as Promise drops his ice-enchanted spear, knowing that it will not hurt the ice-whore.

He prepares to do combat with tooth and claw.
    The soft breeze becomes a gale, cold air is blown right into Hope's face, and they can hear a cruel laughter echo around them.

Just let us die together Hope thinks. Not with one of us left alone and suffering like Cessie was.

The air suddenly becomes heavy; a thick fog fills the graveyard. It becomes almost painful to force the air down their lungs.

“You have already failed.” Yuki’s voice comes from every direction.
    Hope curses at Yuki-Joro in the language of her lost tribe. She does not intend to go down easily.

They can hear the voice again, now sounding very amused "All your friends are dead, all your hope is gone, and why do you still go on?”
    "We fight for vengeance," Promise snarls.

"It won't bring them back." She cuts off rather shortly.
    “If you've already won, then show yourself. Surely you have nothing to fear," Promise says, mockingly.

A mad laughter follows Promises reply and a white shade flies out of the mist and knocks Promise flat out and as quickly returns from whence it came. Promise slashes at her with his claws as he goes down but to no avail his claws goes right thorough it.

Hope see moments in the mist, Yuki is circling around them, still laughing. "Its all too late!"

Hope lowers her weapon. "Then take me now. End it." she says, in a defeated whisper.

"Hope, no. Don't give up," Promise says, trying to get to his feet, though his joints are starting to freeze up.

The shade stops briefly and takes a more female form, smiling at Hope
    "It ends here."

Hope nods; her eyes lowered, and steps closer to Yuki-joro.
    Yuki steps out of the mist, now more a woman then a shapeless shade. "Don't worry; it will be over so very quickly..."

She lashes out against Hope but at the same time, Hope stabs for the gut, dragging the blade upwards.
    "You stupid bitch," she hisses. "Did you really think I wouldn't go down fighting?"

Hope feels the dagger hit something, Yuki moans and... falls down. There is another cold wind, Hope closes her eyes.

When she opens them again Yuki lies in front of her, not as icy spirit, but like a real woman.

But she is still alive, laughing at something that is beyond the realm of sanity "You... haha... so perfect... haha... you stabbed me... finally someone… haha."

Hope slashes out again, to open Yuki's throat and finish her off, just as Promise reaches them, moving slowly and on all fours.

"HAHAHA-" Yukis laughter is suddenly silenced as Hope cuts her throat, this time blood sprays like a fountain all over her. Yuki's face is perfectly frozen in a mad laughter.

The mists are clearing, and in the distance Hope and Promise can see a beautiful sunset
    Promise takes Hope in his arms. "You did it. She's finally dead and by your hand."
    Hope buries her face in his shoulder. "...Then why do I still feel so empty?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mustiado was lynched, he was Yuki-jorō (Threat).

Night Starts and will end in 24 hours.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, now we just need the list of who the masons think might be wolves (If one of the masons could provide that, that'd be great)
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733

Off the top of my head, Selrahc is next.

I can't remember why but I did work it all out and share it with the masons. There is logic behind it. Something about all the wolves we know jumping on a bandwagon pointing at Recaiden when two other wolves (HappyTurtle and Mustiado) were being pointed at. There were two unknowns also pointed at Recaiden, and Selrahc was the most supicious of the two.

Something like that.

I think the reason there was no night kill and no Yuki-Joro action today might have been because I baned myself last night. Not sure if we know when baning works.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't remember why but I did work it all out and share it with the masons. There is logic behind it. Something about all the wolves we know jumping on a bandwagon pointing at Recaiden when two other wolves (HappyTurtle and Mustiado) were being pointed at. There were two unknowns also pointed at Recaiden, and Selrahc was the most supicious of the two.
    I've spent pretty much this entire game pointing at Recaiden. Because I was pretty sure that he was a wolf. Everyone else, I was less sure about. So I pointed at Recaiden over the other people.

I mean normal accepted logic is that wolves will bandwagon wolves to gain credibility. Not that they will consistently lobby to have other wolves killed over several days. For example, the day that you got Banjo lynched instead of Recaiden, making us waste another 2 fricking days of lynches, I was actively trying to get him lynched.

Also, I don't see why I wouldn't have pointed at Happyturtle. From the looks of it the wolves didn't know who she was.

Happyturtle was lynched, she was Nia (filler wolf). Happyturtle started as a blind wolf with no abilities at all.
    The other thing I did was help get Kyouhen lynched. Back when he was revealed people were intentionally voting away from him so we wouldn't "waste" a day on a day baned wolf. I think if I hadn't tried to clear up the misconception there was a real possibility that Kyouhen could have escaped lynching for at least a day (Maybe not... but still!)

Seriously. Looking at my voting record isn't going to tell you anything much, except that I went after the people who had all but confessed to being wolves, or actually confessed to being wolves. In a game where the object is to hunt wolves, there isn't much else to do. I'd say that how I've been playing is pretty much not a help to the wolves however.

EDIT: I've literally pointed at nothing but wolves so far this game. Happyturtle day 1, Evnafets day 2, Kyouhen day 3 and 4, Recaiden until he was lynched, then Mustiado.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2009-06-18 at 04:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #735

Can you also provide the next one (two?) targets for lynch so we know who to kill are in case you're night killed. Or tell one of your confirmed villagers/masons so they can tell us.

Show

16. - Top - End - #736

Oh FFS, Billtodamax.

You just went to the top of my suspicions list. I can't help feeling that you lost your brain somewhere. If I start posting in the main thread as to who the masons and trusted villagers are, the wolves will start killing them!

To paraphrase, what you just asked is:

Please tell me who the people the wolves most need to kill to win this game are.

And why would you want to know that? Also what makes you think I might get night killed? I do have a bane ability you know, and I am most likely to use it on myself. Also the masons/trusted villagers all know who each other are, so in the event that my brain melts and oozes out of my ears and I forget to bane myself on exactly the same night as the wolves try their luck, they can tell you who they are. There's one wolf left. A wolf wouldn't dare try a trick like that. He'd get lynched that very same day when all the other masons and trusted villagers promptly outed him and lynched him.

Selrahc, after both Evnafets and Kyouhen were publically admitted wolves I find it very unlikely that HappyTurtle would not be in contact with them. I find you suggesting otherwise suspicious. Trying to sow misinformation are you? Also because they publically admitted they were wolves it would be the perfect point for a wolf so as to make them seem like a villager. So "I pointed at Evnafets and Kyouhen" does not make you seem innocent in my eyes. Ditto with Recaiden, who anyway was being daybaned as all the wolves knew, and also with Mustiado who was an obvious target.

So, you're right that we can't tell much from "who" you pointed at, but the "when"? Oh yes. Your point at Recaiden on the day HappyTurtle was lynched came just before all the other wolves jumped on the bandwagon. It looks like there was a lot of co-ordination in the wolf camp that day. It looks like someone sent a PM to all the alive wolves saying "Hey, why don't we all point at Recaiden because he's daybaned anyway", did as he himself had suggested, and then when the other wolves read their PMs, they all jumped to point at Recaiden too.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737

*shrugs*
    Okay, lynch me if you want. There's one wolf left and it won't really matter if we take an extra day to find him/her.

Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Selrahc, after both Evnafets and Kyouhen were publically admitted wolves I find it very unlikely that HappyTurtle would not be in contact with them. I find you suggesting otherwise suspicious. Trying to sow misinformation are you?
    We've seen games where "Publically admitted wolves" turned out to be traps set for the wolves by the masons(For example, WoD:The Seven). We've also had games where the wolves haven't trusted admitted wolves, and the game remained blind(Mirrodin). Maybe she was in contact, maybe she wasn't.

Also because they publically admitted they were wolves it would be the perfect point for a wolf so as to make them seem like a villager. So "I pointed at Evnafets and Kyouhen" does not make you seem innocent in my eyes.
    Fricking hell man! If someone publicly admits to being a wolf, or acts suspiciously enough that they're probably a wolf, then your logic is that I *shouldn't* be voting for them? I'm a villager. If I know someone is a wolf I'm going to point at them.

Plus y'know, I didn't actually say I was innocent because I voted for Kyouhen and Evnafets. I mentioned Kyouhen because I think I did help get that lynch done, with all the people voting at others in order to avoid the "useless" lynch. Evnafets was never mentioned in relation to my argument. If you're just going to make up what I'm saying then what's the point of me even defending myself?

Ditto with Recaiden, who anyway was being daybaned as all the wolves knew, and also with Mustiado who was an obvious target.
    Except for that day when he wasn't daybaned, and I heavily lobbied people to lynch him. What happened then again? Oh that's right, *you* decided that the time when we'd just used up a lynch to remove the daybane from protecting was the perfect time to give Recaiden a little break and be lynching someone who was guaranteed not to be a wolf.

Now if I was a wolf, why would I bother actively lobbying for Recaiden to be lynched on that day? I could have just voted for him and given an exasperated sigh. By actively drumming up support against him, I was clearly not acting in the wolves interests.

So, you're right that we can't tell much from "who" you pointed at, but the "when"? Oh yes. Your point at Recaiden on the day HappyTurtle was lynched came just before all the other wolves jumped on the bandwagon. It looks like there was a lot of co-ordination in the wolf camp that day. It looks like someone sent a PM to all the alive wolves saying "Hey, why don't we all point at Recaiden because he's daybaned anyway", did as he himself had suggested, and then when the other wolves read their PMs, they all jumped to point at Recaiden too.
    I wish I'd not made that bloody edit, since you seem to think my throwaway statement at the end of my post is the thrust of my entire argument.
    Look at what I've done in the game, I've tried to lynch wolves. I voted for Recaiden that day because I thought Recaiden was a wolf, and I wasn't sure why everyone else was going for Happyturtle and Mustiado. On the one hand I had someone who had been protected 3 times already. Hard evidence of wolfishness. On the other, I had two arguments that were clearly a lot more prevalent among the secret society folks than on the thread. Mustiado was "I scried someone and they weren't a wolf so clearly Mustiado is." and Happyturtle was... um, something or other. Nothing to compare with hard solid evidence. So I voted for the person I was certain was a wolf.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry, everybody. SC asked me to do the night end update last night since he's away for the weekend, and I totally forgot. Will get to it soon. >.< ))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #740

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Except for that day when he wasn't daybaned, and I heavily lobbied people to lynch him. What happened then again? Oh that's right, *you* decided that the time when we'd just used up a lynch to remove the daybane from protecting was the perfect time to give Recaiden a little break and be lynching someone who was guaranteed not to be a wolf.

Now if I was a wolf, why would I bother actively lobbying for Recaiden to be lynched on that day? I could have just voted for him and given an exasperated sigh. By actively drumming up support against him, I was clearly not acting in the wolves interests.
    A good point well made, but I'm still a bit suspicious.

The other person who is an unknown who voted for Recaiden that day was Aemoh.

Billtodamax makes me suspicious with his requests to know who the masons are.

Szlizard has been quite inactive, and that inactivity could have been part of the reason why there was no night kill the previous night.

I'd like to hear anyone else's suspicions too.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741

Selrahc just got me really suspicious. Why would you defend yourself so much? A win for the villagers is still a win for the dead villagers. There's what, one person that we have to lynch after checking you?

EDIT: Oh, and JX?? the reason I wanted the list public is because the last villager network I was in (USB3) I knew happy and DS7 (Seer/fool, cause I was crystal) and one PM that was sent to me and Lex after DS7 died, telling me that she was part of the group as well.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2009-06-19 at 06:57 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Selrahc just got me really suspicious. Why would you defend yourself so much? A win for the villagers is still a win for the dead villagers. There's what, one person that we have to lynch after checking you?
    I've always been a proponent of actively defending yourself, even if you're just a villager. Check out my past record if you don't believe me, but I do tend to mount a defence of myself, whatever my role.

23. - Top - End - #743

The sound of someone running could he heard through the streets of Kyou, despite the extra guard patrols there was none other in sight of the runner. Why she was running from was also impossible to tell, the woman just ran.

She stopped and looked around, there was nothing in sight, the streets were completely empty of life. Where was everyone? The question had repeated itself inside her head for some time now as she ran.

But even thought she knew there was nothing here she felt she needed to continue to run, like she was escaping from nothingness itself. But as she continued forward she suddenly found herself in front of a great hallway, something she had never seen in Kyou.

She stood there bewildered, where had it come from? How could she have missed it for all these years she lived in this city? But all these questions somehow seemed less important as there was something that drove her onwards, something that she had a great fear of facing alone.

She ran into the mysterious hallway, thought a hallway, there were crude carvings on the walls of things she never had seen before, but it didn’t matter to her at the moment, she continued to run further into this very old stone building.

The ceiling rose higher and higher and she also saw that the door ways grew larger and larger around her.
    She decided to enter one of these now massive doorways, she turned right and suddenly found herself inside a smaller room. Of the far side of it there were more carvings, a chaotic pattern she could not recognize.

Suddenly she heard screams, inside her own head, it started to hurt and the carvings started to swirl before her eyes. On the wall appeared four men, each one carrying a sword. Except – except the picture was blurred. Ghosts, there were ghosts, second images that almost overlapped the first, but not quite, not completely.

And then she saw a third image and a fourth, and suddenly the picture cracked and it was as thought she was looking into an infinite array of mirrors.

Long rows of sword carriers sat on top of each other, blurring into one another, growing smaller and smaller until they dwindled into nothingness. In unison – they dropped their swords and looked at each other and begun to laugh.

Wild, high pitched laughs; they laughed and laughed and laughed and she watched as the fires of the madness burned into their eyes and the swordsmen hunched off their armor and seemed to have become feral and more animal then any human she had ever seen.

She backed away, away from the madness she had encountered into this strange building, but still the nothingness was behind her. Instead of running out, she ran deeper into the temple city of Kuraz, deeper into the madness that had been awoken here so long ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lex-kat lost herself into the temple city of Kuraz, she was a Villager of Kyou

Day Starts and will end in 48 hours
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2009-06-19 at 06:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Orc in the Playground

I hate to do this two games at the same time, but sorry billtothemax, I think you're the last threat.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745

I don't! So, are we lynching me or Selrahc?
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2009-06-20 at 04:20 PM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Awwww. Why'd you have to go and kill poor little me.

I even updated my Spreadsheet and everything.

*Cries and runs off* Lost forever in the Temple City of Kuraz.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-06-19 at 06:35 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #747

I just remembered that I'm supposed to fix my webserver this weekend after seeing a broken image for my avatar.

Anyway I'm going to go with Billtodamax in honour to Lex-Kat who thought he was the most suspicious.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know, I'd probably get a lot more enjoyment out of your bickering if I had actually bothered to remember who the last wolf was.

*Does the Go Team Evil dance*

29. - Top - End - #749

Billtodamax

Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

billtodamax it is.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!