New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Infinite World IC

One of the dwarves turns to look and says "A do adastra yur da'alact. Ma speck caamon" The language sounds a somewhat like the common of the prime, but with a clearly dwarfish accent.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen

Azgen repeats the last statement he made in common.

Well met, travelers. I am Azgen Thorya. (clearly dwarven name) We have been on quite an adventure lately, and were wondering if you wanted to share food and drink a moment with my companions to share tales? What say you?
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-06-25 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dwarf looks baffled "Ved ees tad? E kheens uf girpish?"
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-06-25 at 12:36 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

Somewhat stumped, Maj steps forward, palms open wide before him to show he's unarmed. He takes a moment to think, before nodding to himself. He points at the dwarf with his right hand and moves his left to his mouth, moving it forward and backwords as if something was coming out. Then he points to his ear and shakes his head. his left hand goes to his side pocket and draws a pinch of sand and soot. After a soft chant in infernal the dust seems to evaporate and his left hand glowls gently. Once again, he points to the dwarf and motions as if something was coming out of his mouth. Then he points to his own ear and nods.

If the dwarf is following all this or he's at least still standing there, he'll step forward and tap him on the shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting comprehend language.

Caster Check (1d20+5)[10] vs DC 4 IIRC
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Misha sheathes her swords, though she keeps her hands on the hilts.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maj
    "Hei! Vad de yu.. think your doing?" The dwarf exclaims as the words become clear to you
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

Maj nods. "Well, I can understand you now... You probably can't understand me though." He looks down, a hand on his face as he thinks. "Perhaps we share another tongue? How about infernal? Perhaps Abyssal? Or possibly Terran? Ignan maybe? May be a stretch but how about Celestial?" He goes through each language without trouble, switching between them with little pause.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dwarves look baffled. It appears they understand none of thos planar languages
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Althid

Perhaps this will help our communication problem. Althid will use his telepathy to act as a translator between the dwarves and the rest of the group.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

As Althid's words appear in his mind, Maj snaps his fingers. "Alright, we might be getting somwhere then. Tell em... I dunno, that we're weary travelers looking for a place to rest or something. You know, that stuff that the luckiest prime I know," He nods over to Azgen "said a while back."

Spoiler
    Show
    The illusion will be our contingency then.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Well met, travelers. I am Azgen Thorya. We have been on quite an adventure lately, and were wondering if you wanted to share food and drink a moment with my companions to share tales? What say you?
    Althid will send this message to all the dwarves, along with the thought that these words are coming from Azgen.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

CELESTICA

Celestica addresses the group for a moment...
    If this does not work, I think we try a different path. Clearly, they do not seem to be hostile, so perhaps we should just back away from them and continue down one of the other tunnels. Presumably the one that Althid is currently hiding in, since we do not want to have the dwarves going crazy at the sight of an illithid. Keeping a watch backwards until they are out of sight, of course.
    Last edited by MikelaC; 2009-07-04 at 07:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dwarf looks around as if trying to find the source of the voice in his head, but gives up and answers still speaking in his own weird variation of common, but Maj understands the meaning "adventure..?" The dwarf looks oddly relieved for some reason "We won't turn down a potential friend in these times, but we have a lot of problems of our own, starting with those idiots in the surface and ending with the dread monster of the deep." the dwarf seems to shake a little when he mentions the "dread monster" "But after our business is done we can take you to our town."
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-07-04 at 09:12 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

14. - Top - End - #224

BardGirl

A dread monster of the deep? Is it evil and causing trouble for you? As a paladin of Hanali, I am duty bound to deal with such abominations. Lead on

Celestica suddenly realizes that they cant understand her, hopes that Althid is providing a quick telepathic translation.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A monster of the deep...great. Ah well, got nothing better to be doing right now...what is it? Althid, could you ask them what the heck we are going to fight? Wait, they didnt actually mention that we were going to fight it, did they? Im confused now.
    Last edited by Olo Demonsbane; 2009-07-04 at 09:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen

At this point, I'd welcome a battle. This day has been so unusual that I need some time to just break away and beat something till it stops moving! Azgen flexes his considerable forgehardened muscles slightly.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC View Post
    A dread monster of the deep? Is it evil and causing trouble for you? As a paladin of Hanali, I am duty bound to deal with such abominations. Lead on
    Althid projects this to the dwarves as she speaks. He also asks what type of 'monster' is causing them trouble.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Oh, I'm no expert, but it's a huge serpent with two tails that lives in the lake." The dwarf points to the lake you recently crossed "It's smart and downright evil, that bastard. It inflicts curses upon us and there are many who have defied the monster. Then their hair fell out and they began rotting like corpses. Then they died. The thing leaves acid sometimes when it breathes, and it demands tribute."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen

Sounds lovely. How do we kill it? Anyone got any ideas?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Althid

Telepathically to everyone but the dwarves: Why would we kill it? Unless we plan on doing it for a bargaining chip to form an alliance with these dwarves, I fail to see the point. If all we need is information, I'm sure the dwarves will share it with us even if we don't slay the lake monster.
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-07-07 at 11:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

BardGirl

CELESTICA
    (out loud and in our language, since the dwarves dont need to hear everything)

Destroying a dread monster of the deep is service enough in and of itself.
    Celestica has a twinkle in her eye.
    Besides, dread monsters of the deep often have a huge hoard of treasure, especially if they have been demanding tribute, like this one has been.
    Last edited by MikelaC; 2009-07-07 at 11:49 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen

Azgen drapes a massive arm over Celestica's slight shoulder. Now there's an idea I can get behind. Glorious battle against evil for glorious battle's sake! If you fall in battle, trust that I shall sing the tail in the halls of my Dwarven brethren should I ever find myself in their company again! To BATTLE! Azgen pumps his other arm, still holding his massive sword Dwarfriend, into the air in salute.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-07-07 at 12:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

To GOLD!

Misha grins.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

I may be stuck with more primes then I thought... Maj considers the odds here, a two headed acid spitting snake versus a group of misplaced gloryhounds. ...Geesh

"I'll cover you're back then, don't worry, any of you fall you can be sure I'll 'sing' the tale around a good drink."
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2009-07-09 at 07:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dwarves finish loading the boat and row to the center of it. Then they fling all their cargo overboard. They row back and one of the dwarves says (in his tongue, but the Maj's spell translates) "Now that we've taken care of that, well be going back to town. You people can follow us if you want."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

26. - Top - End - #236

BardGirl

CELESTICA
    Trusting that Althid will "translate"

Yes. We shall come with you. If you wish, you can fill us in on the way about this monster, or leave the telling to your leaders. I take it that what you just dumped in the lake was the latest 'tribute' to the beast? If you dont mind me asking, what sort of tribute does the beast demand? Gold, jewels, food? And will your people welcome being freed of its evil clutches? Or demand that we do not anger it further?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen

Yes, let us go on and meet with the dwarven leader. I am very interested in meeting with them. At some point along the trip, Azgen pulls out the ancient book of dwarven runes he found before being transported to Sigil and shows it to the dwarf who seems to be leading the expedition. Does this make any sense to you?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sure, whatever, fine with me...

Misha relaxes her guard slightly, now that she is with a party of armed dwarves in their own territory.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The dwarf in front looks at Celestica and responds "Oh it wants anything that's valuable. Those crates were packed with the finest of gems. Yes, we'd do anything to get what's ours, back. Our kobold friends are no help either. They said a queen had come to them and they had no choice, but to obey." He takes a short break and looks at the runic text Azgen pulled out "Sorry, no. Looks like a warped version of the ancient texts of Khezgin. Cholber would love that book of yours though. He's a linguist." He takes a long look at the elf as he awakens and immediatly begins trashing on Azgen's shoulder, trying to get free. "Hahaha. Appears this elf is not one of your companions on nap time" He says in his version of dwarven, confident that the elf won't understand then taking a more serious look "if you have an elven prisoner, we don't want word to leak out. We have enough problems already without the elves of Telvir on our tail specifically." The elf recognises the dwarf's tone and exclaims in common (their common) "Listen you idiot. These people are with the sacriligers! Don't side with them or it'll end badly!" The dwarf responds angrily in their common "Why? Force of arms?! Well you don't have that here." The elf does not respond, but continues wriggling.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-07-18 at 02:43 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

30. - Top - End - #240

BardGirl

CELESTICA

Allied with sacriligers? Im afraid you have been misinformed. We are not allied with anyone, we have only recently come to this area, having traveled through some sort of temporal gate out of Sigil. Although we are happy to help you deal with this monster. As for the elf, we arent really sure what we are doing with him, we just sort of stumbled over him.