New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gotei 13 In the Playground

The 3rd squad captain could be seen wandering about sereitei, appearing silent and brooding, eyes shielded by a broad straw-hat as usual. He thought to himself, I don't know what to do... I feel so useless... so... alone... he laughed at himself, ever since Kiku died I've been alone... ever since I killed Kiku... maybe I should just kill myself and end this, I'm just a burden right now, I can't even fight without risk of losing control of myself! he thought. Confusion swept over Katsu's mind, he'd expected Raikiba to answer, say something affirmative to keep him from brooding. Now I don't even have him. What will I do without Raikiba in these dark times? he moaned internally. A familiar reiatsu flared, familiar... but... bigger? He used shuunpo to reach the source glad to be relieved of his mental prison of self-pity.

Katsuhito arrived several yards from his Vice-Captain, hearing only one word:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow
    "...Bankai"
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-06-07 at 07:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Without taking his eyes off the effort to save Satoshi, "You better Anuton. Also, until this is all over, your priority duty is to accompany away teams sent to deal with the accursed Espada."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Notna
    Guest in the Playground

Yagumoto bows and says:
    -Yes Captain! I'll go now. I'll help our 4th seat in his fight against a Hollow.
    Yagumoto starts to feel where Taniko is and then makes a shunpo over to hers place.
    -I've come to help you. This will do it. Live Forever, Hanshiro!!!
    The sword gives Anuton the Broad Golden Collar and lands around his shoulders and top of his chest.

The small sandstorms are landing on Tanikos skin and starting to heal his fatigue. Then he throws the two rings he has formed directly at the Espada.
    Last edited by Notna; 2009-06-07 at 07:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #784

As her reiatsu exploded with the first release of her bankai, Akako's blade disappeared completely as it dissolved into red-gold dust that swirled around her. As she held out her limbs, gold scale armor materialized over her body with red decorative streamers billowing in the breeze. But that was not the only change that manifested.

Though her own Reiatsu was impressive, it was no longer the only one present. As the red-gold dust flew around her it multiplied til it was a large cloud of the fine spirit particles. Suddenly it conformed into a solid shaped that flashed brightly with gold light. There curled around her was Ryu, the dragon spirit of her zanpakuto. The beast was an immense creature covered in red-gold scales and large butterfly wings that displayed gaudy shades of red and glittering gold. It's shape was decidedly of the Chinese dragon with a long serpentine form.

She turned to look at the presence she suddenly felt, her startling blue eyes gazing from beneath the visor of her skull-cap helmet. "Captain..." She looked like a heroine from ancient tales.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

5. - Top - End - #785

Quote Originally Posted by Notna View Post
    Yagumoto bows and says:
    -Yes Captain! I'll go now. I'll help our 4th seat in his fight against a Hollow.
    Yagumoto starts to feel where Taniko is and then makes a shunpo over to hers place.
    -I've come to help you. This will do it. Live Forever, Hanshiro!!!
    The sword gives Anuton the Broad Golden Collar and lands around his shoulders and top of his chest.

The small sandstorms are landing on Tanikos skin and starting to heal his fatigue. Then he throws the two rings he has formed directly at the Espada.
    (... If the players in that scene have an issue with this post. Feel free to talk it out with Notna.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

6. - Top - End - #786

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian continues to wander pretty much aimlessly. She seems to be off in her own little world, smiling inanely.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Vince finished the last of his bowl of rice that he brought with him, and begins to drink from his sake container, sipping idly from the gourd, as he began to play a sad, melodic song.

8. - Top - End - #788

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian slows her walk and blinks several times. Something odd has happened. Something has pulled her out of her walking daze. And it was something short of her walking into somebody. She glances around for the source. Identifying the general direction, she heads off in that direction, heading towards Vince and his music.

9. - Top - End - #789

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow View Post
    As her reiatsu exploded with the first release of her bankai, Akako's blade disappeared completely as it dissolved into red-gold dust that swirled around her. As she held out her limbs, gold scale armor materialized over her body with red decorative streamers billowing in the breeze. But that was not the only change that manifested.

Though her own Reiatsu was impressive, it was no longer the only one present. As the red-gold dust flew around her it multiplied til it was a large cloud of the fine spirit particles. Suddenly it conformed into a solid shaped that flashed brightly with gold light. There curled around her was Ryu, the dragon spirit of her zanpakuto. The beast was an immense creature covered in red-gold scales and large butterfly wings that displayed gaudy shades of red and glittering gold. It's shape was decidedly of the Chinese dragon with a long serpentine form.

She turned to look at the presence she suddenly felt, her startling blue eyes gazing from beneath the visor of her skull-cap helmet. "Captain..." She looked like a heroine from ancient tales.
    Startled, Katsuhito remained silent for a time, then he spoke, Bankai... the feeling is... truly amazing, isn't it, Akako? he looked down, pensive then swallowed, Would you mind having tea with me?

10. - Top - End - #790

"Yes, Captain, it would be my pleasure." Akako smiled. She ended her bankai; Ryu and her armor disappeared--the gold dust they were composed of becoming her sword once again. She sheathed it and joined her captain.

11. - Top - End - #791

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian narrows down her search and comes upon the cherry tree Vince is seated in. She pauses and looks up at the source. Her smile fades for a moment as she sees the source.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Vince continues playing the music in his cheery blossom perch, sitting one of the rare branches thick enough to hold him, he seems to be... crying for some reason as he plays. The sad melody that he continues to play, fingers gently striking note after note, each one seeming to contain a different story, a story of pain, and of loss. He doesn't really seem to notice Lian, as he focuses on each note. (wewt for untold backstory.)
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-06-07 at 11:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793

Thank you. Katsu said, and led them to his quarters where an unseated shinigami poured a cup of tea for each of them. He said looking detached, almost lost, When you've lost someone dear to you... how did you... he looked down, searching for a word, finally he gave up and sighed, react? How did you get over it? Finally looking up he waited for an answer.

14. - Top - End - #794

To put it simply, Akako was shocked by the question. Setting her tea down, she lowered her eyes and thought for a moment. An expression of sadness passed over her countenance. "I was very sad for a long time. I wasn't sure if I was capable of going on, and only my duties kept me going. Not to mention, the fear I felt at the prospect of potentially loosing someone else, and the shame of being to weak to protect my loved one." She realized she didn't really answer his question and sighed before continuing, "I guess... I guess, I really haven't gotten over it in some ways. I still remember his touch, his voice, his laughter... his face. But deep inside, I feel as if he's still with me, and wants me to go on with the life I still have."

The vice-captain smiled like a mother comforting a child. "You'll never really get over it, Katsu, but if you remember why you cared for them, you'll understand how to accept it... and I think you'll find that you do their memory a disservice by dwelling in the past wallowing in grief." She put her hand on his shoulder and smiled.

15. - Top - End - #795

The captain dipped his head downwards to shield his eyes, Thank you, Akako he sniffed, and rubbed his eyes with his sleeve,I'm sorry I had to bring that up. He stood and chuckled dryly to himself, I won't give up, he finished in his head, for you.

16. - Top - End - #796

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian looks up at him and remains silent for the moment. She would rather not disturb him by talking. Instead she takes a seat on the ground and closes her eyes, taking in the sound of his music. Her zanpaktou resonates slightly with the tune.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground

Vince continues playing, fingers taking great care with each note, as he continues softly weeping, the acoustic notes playing softly over the cherry blossom garden, the trees seeming to bend and sway to the tune of his music, after a second though he looks down, and sees Lian, his music stopping as soon as he sees her, and his face turning red...
    ..."How.... How long have you been there?"

18. - Top - End - #798

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian's eyes snap open. She looks up at Vince and her near constant smile returns. Long enough. That is a beautiful song. May I ask the inspiration?

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

"The death of my sister. She loved these cherry blossoms. I come here every day to remember her, and pay my respects."
    Vince then motions to a small circle of stones with a single head stone in the middle, around it are various flowers of varying age, and type, but the pre dominant type seems to the the same cherry blossoms from this tree.

20. - Top - End - #800

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian looks at the grave. She closes her eyes and bows her head towards it for a moment. She looks back at Vince. May I ask how she died?

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, she died in the actual soul society rather then the Sereitei, I used to bring her up here on weekends, and holidays as a special treat for her... She died down there during one of the less pleasant riots over conditions down there... Trampled to death under the feet of a hundred angry men."
    He tears up abit as he says this, but manages to keep himself steady.

22. - Top - End - #802

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian averts her eyes. She remembers the riots. Remembers being on the other side of the line, holding back the masses with her newly developed shinigami powers. She wonders if she might have been present at the one that killed his sister. I'm sorry. What was her name?

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

"Rei.. My parents named her after my grand mother... But why do you care? I thought you were supposed to hate my guts or some such?
    "

24. - Top - End - #804

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian is quiet for a long moment. You are strong. She pauses again. Rivalry between near equals does not require that the parties involved be hateful. Consider it a show of... Respect. She places her hand on her Zanpaktou. That, and your music seems to resonate within my zanpaktou.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"Heh, well I'm glad SOMEONE likes it, it's not exactly a popular tune with it being sad and such, and while I may not SHOW it much, I kind of respect you too, your a strong woman who doesn't take crap from anyone, and at the same time manages to keep the world from getting her down even when it tries. I hate to say it, but that takes some major strength to do with the state of things being what they are."
    Vince says cracking a small smile.

26. - Top - End - #806

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian's ever present smile extends ever so slightly. This world and my world tend to be out of touch with each other much of the time. Perhaps you have noticed already. Most are too polite to point it out in my presence, but I know what is said. She looks at Vince. Speaking of the state of things. I have heard much commotion lately. Do you know what exactly is happening?

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

"To be honest, I've been out of it... With that slash wound you gave me putting me in the hospital for a few days. I dont know WHAT is going on."

28. - Top - End - #808

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lian nods. Perhaps we should find Captain Ryuuji then. She stands and waits for his response.

((deadtime for me though. Night NS))

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sigh."

John continues sitting on the roof, watching the shinigami girl and the hollow-freak fight. He wondered how long it'd be until Siegfried got a response from the Commander-General.

30. - Top - End - #810

"I do not require a war in order for me to help others. However, the war is neccesary to maintain the spiritual balance just as surely as it is neccesary for us to regulate the involvement of the Quincy.

"Think about it. If there were only shinigami, there wouldn't be any death or killing in Soul Society, and there wouldn't be any way for new spiritual energy to feed into the living world. If there were only hollows, there would still be conflict, but the spirits of the defeated would be consumed and the same problem would exist. Although tragic and abominable, the conflict between our people is neccesary to maintain the spiritual balance."

As Taniko speaks, Kagekyoku begins an incantation, a bead of yellow energy forming between the tips of the blade. "Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring."
    And still you do not attempt to understand. He sighs. When there is only One, conflict will not exist. But I can see this is going nowhere.
    The hollow straightens its neck, gargling slightly as it speaks.
    Now this is an interesting vessel, an opportunity far too good to pass up.
    A hilt springs from its mouth, followed quickly by its blade. The sword has a light blue hilt and an ornate guard depicting fountains.
    The hollow's shell and skin crack, shedding and disintegrating to reveal a being in a tattered Shinigami uniform. It is ripped and faded, and squad identifications are long gone.
    It appears to be human, aside from a bowl-like mask covering its entire head from the top lip upwards, and there are no eye-holes.
    Ah ha ha ha haaa! Cool your jets, Izumi!
    The blade spins releasing a jet of water, quickly forming into a cool mist which obscures all senses but sound and touch.
    I'm back... possibly... any minute now... brb.

Horny Halfing Avatar by Anna Molly