New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    It's really cool and fits my criterias perfectly. But you draw really fast I'm beyond envious ;_;
    Pfft, you? That would take me about a week.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for quick sketch (><)
    This reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics. And it's a really nice sketch.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elizabeth always looks really really cute in kasanip's drawings.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Speed sketch go!*
    Spoiler
    Show

IT BURNS

*Speed = approximately 1 hour
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-13 at 01:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they're Kasanip's drawings. Everything is cute.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Here, I hope this look magipunk/steampunk enough
    This is Cool. I think it to be bigger though. The soldier seems like he won't fit inside the torso.

And while we are that how its weponry looks like

BTW, Fri. what game is Elizabeth in? If it's somewhere online I want to take a peek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    This is Cool. I think it to be bigger though. The soldier seems like he won't fit inside the torso.

And while we are that how its weponry looks like

BTW, Fri. what game is Elizabeth in? If it's somewhere online I want to take a peek.
    It's from this steampunk campaign that's actually the longest running game I've ever been involved in so far

http://plothook.net/RPG/forumdisplay.php?f=1729
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

It could use some bulk on the kneejoints, some sort of support structure. A pair of gears is a bit flimsy-looking given the overall size. Adding back the V-shaped plates on to the greaves might be a good idea as well.
    But otherwise it's solid .

How come you haven't posted the mkII cyclops here* ? It's quite neat, i like the line patterns.

(*Though i do have a knack for missing the obvious, so it might be just another case of that.)
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

It's from this steampunk campaign that's actually the longest running game I've ever been involved in so far

http://plothook.net/RPG/forumdisplay.php?f=1729
    Wow, that's indeed quite a long lived game. You take quite a bit from there for our current game, aren't you?

...waidaminute

Didn't realized it before but this and that Elizabeth is the same person aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Wow, that's indeed quite a long lived game. You take quite a bit from there for our current game, aren't you?

...waidaminute

Didn't realized it before but this and that Elizabeth is the same person aren't they?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

A Flumph Paladin
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-12-24 at 01:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

A Flumph Paladin
    Ingenious. Although not as awesome as a halfling paladin with a flumph mount....
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

13. - Top - End - #163

Damn, I honestly didn't think of that.

edit: by the way do you prefer that version or this one?

Last edited by Fri; 2010-12-24 at 01:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The new version.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

So... Kasanip's recent progress on her comic and my recent success on my last college class made me want to try to draw my own series of comic. You know, one of those 'update whenever I want' style of comic?

Then. I was chatting with my friends yesterday, about something. Can we make a mecha serieswithout fighting? Well, Basquatch had done that, but still.

Anyway, I had an idea about a setting back then. It's about a peaceful post apocalypse world. Basically, there was a big chaotic war, and most of the worlds are destroyed, but it was years ago. Nowadays, life had been peaceful again. The raiders, cannibals, and sort, are things of the past. I'm suddenly thinking about it again. Not helping that I've been playing fallout NV more often than healthy these days. So I do some quick preliminary sketches.

The gist of the setting is that it's a peaceful post apocalyptic world with mecha. There's an ancient system of satellite that shoot down anything that goes past the stratosphere, so people can't leave the world, or send new sattelite. And one of the side effect of the war is that there's a lot of uhm phlebotinum particle in the air now, so radio communication is jammed. People are left to communicate with letters, visual signals, or cables. This obviously limit wars and battles as well.

I have two ideas on the main character. One of them would work as a 'prospector.' That is people who dives into ruins with mecha/powered armor to salvage ancient artifacts. Another is a postman that travel from town to town. Basically it would be about the daily post apocalyptic life, and not about battles or wars.

Will this go anywhere beside idea? Dunno. But I know there's one big problem before I can do anything about this.

I draw slow. Really slowly. For example, to turn that sketch on the lower right corner to the line arted version above, took me one hour! Not counting coloring or formatting. If I ever want to make a series, whether this one or not, I really need to work on my speed.

Anyway, I tried to learn speed sketching, as Kasanip suggested. It's surprisingly fun and satisfying

I played too much Fallout New Vegas. Suika and Cass would make good friend with each others.
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-07 at 05:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

The comic idea sounds like a good solution to the problem - maybe the mechs are relics of a past war, and useful enough that people keep them around even though they wouldn't need to build such things themselves. You might want to give them some sort of unlimited power source unless you want fueling and maintaining them to be a big drain on the characters' time and resources (and such a thing would make them even more attractive to keep around).

17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground

... too much Fallout New Vegas....
    Heresy ! No such thing as too much NV.

The comic sounds like a good idea.
    I think you should make a few one-shot (short, self-contained) comics of it first. It's easier and faster to draw something you've drawn before, right? Pin down character's personalities and design before a longer plotline gets rolling?
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

18. - Top - End - #168

Hm, thanks for the idea. I'll mull over it for a bit.

Anyway, I color the suika pic.

Even if I manages to draw quicker, coloring it is still such a chore... hmm...
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-07 at 03:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe time to try speed-colouring?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you have good color for all your pictures.
    What tools do you use for drawing? What is strong and not strong situations for drawing?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

21. - Top - End - #171

I'd really like to answer that kasa, but I sadly don't understand what you meant by your last sentence... m(_ _)m.

Anyway, despite all things I've been doing lately (starting an lp, recruiting for another game, joining kasanip's game) I'm actually still thinking about the comic premise.

After some thought, I think that the protagonist might be a little bit too plain. Can he/she hold the whole series?

I'm thinking... maybe to make the protagonist a bit more unusual. Maybe a deadpan cloudcuckoolander...

Someone that can make day to day stuffs like delivering mail a bit more interesting...
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-15 at 06:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Remember any quirks you give your protagonist are going to affect the setting of your series; if you want believable you need realistic characters in unrealistic settings, not the other way around. Rather than make the main character weird while delivering post, make weird things happen while your protagonist delivers post.

Well that's just my £0.02 anyway...
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe make them a postman and a prospector? (there's jobs and there's hobbies) Or make the mail somehow unusual, like crystals containing peoples' memories. Or make the method of travel unusual.

EDIT: Have you considered To Be A Master?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-01-15 at 07:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

I had a strange dream.

It's actually about Kasanip's comic. In my dream, it's translated into english already.

It turned out to be gorgeously painted series of humourous 4 koma.

That gave me an idea to turn my comic into 4 koma. Make some of them 4 koma at least, and maybe have some full comic adventures, like azumanga daioh.

My idea is something like this.

The protagonist, or at least the viewpoint character is a female. She left her hometown for 10 years following her parents as a kid.

10 years later, for some reason or another, she came back to her hometown. Maybe she's a doctor, or a mechanic, and want to work in her hometown.

She found out that her hometown is different than what she remember. She found that it's full of strange and quirky characters.

She will mostly be the innocent/naive straight man in the comedy.

The other main character might be her childhood friend, the prospector/mailman, and he'll be the eccentric one.

I can even put a romantic-comedy feel to this series. Make that she promised marriage to a childhood friend but she forgot who he was. Now there's a bunch of quirky young male in that town, and she must find out who he was . It will just be the background story and not the main one.

What do you think? I was actually just joking around with the romantic-comedy, but after a while it just seems natural. The only problem is that I can't write romance stories
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-16 at 02:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

PMMM is so friggin cool that I have to draw something about it.

I believe most of it is because Kajiura Yuki's soundtrack though. I'd happily watch dragon ball again if it's soundtracked by kaijura yuki.

On the comic, I already got some ideas about the character, but now I figured that I need to learn to draw backgrounds more.

I want it to have beautiful post apocalyptic environments like sunken cities and villages as backgrounds, but I realized that I rarely practiced drawing backgrounds.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a strange dream.

It's actually about Kasanip's comic. In my dream, it's translated into english already.

It turned out to be gorgeously painted series of humourous 4 koma.

That gave me an idea to turn my comic into 4 koma. Make some of them 4 koma at least, and maybe have some full comic adventures, like azumanga daioh.
    My favorite comic is 4koma comic. But I am not humorous person, so I cannot make such a thing except bonus picture maybe.

On the comic, I already got some ideas about the character, but now I figured that I need to learn to draw backgrounds more.

I want it to have beautiful post apocalyptic environments like sunken cities and villages as backgrounds, but I realized that I rarely practiced drawing backgrounds.
    Yes I also like background very much but am very unskilled at such a thing. Recently to work very much on this.
    Of course in 4koma comic a background is not necessary I think.

27. - Top - End - #177

You're right, usually 4koma don't really have that many backgrounds. But I feel like to draw something like from my dream. That is, 4koma, but with beautiful backgrounds. It'll be hard though.

edit: maybe not in all of the panels though. Maybe in establishing shots in between the 4koma. But I still want the series to have good backgrounds
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-19 at 08:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it is a good dream.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-01-19 at 08:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Artists with good backgrounds tend to use photo references and models (CG or physical). Just a tip.

30. - Top - End - #180

Colored the Mami pic. Tried to do quick colouring, to complement my quick drawing attempt, but still took too long. Much too long.
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-01-19 at 10:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show