New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness #120

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I have a question for any and all musicians of any skill level:

Do key changes make you inexplicably happy? I've just listened to two songs with key changes in them, one a major song, the other a minor, and in both incidents, a quiet, usually timid voice in my head said, "Yay! Key change!" (In that colour. )

Happy really isn't the best word to use here, since this personified feeling exclaims its love of key changes even in the most depressing of songs written in minor keys.

...It's a key change. I must be crazy. And enjoying it, admittedly.
    Yes. But what makes me happiest is complicated time signatures.

See Apocalypse in 9/8 for more details. Not just in 9/8.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness #120

Yup, still bizarre.

Now I'm even more interested in seeing the two pieces of writing and finding out what this other source was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Yes. But what makes me happiest is complicated time signatures.
    Have a listen to these guys.
    First song on the on-site jukebox. Figure out the time signatures. It's fun!
    Also, they're awesome.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm learning a song on the piano that switches between 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, and 6/8. It's not THAT hard to play, but switching between counting 4/4 and 6/8 in particular is really annoying.

But sounds cool.

Randman: Yeah, key changes ARE happiness-inducing.

My five-year-old brother made an insightful observation the other day:

"Guess what, Mem! I know how to tell when a song is about to end. You know how? I can tell when they start singing the same words over and over again that it will be over soon. I also can tell when they sing the same words in a different way [meaning, I think, a key change]."

He is very articulate.

Also: "Mem" is just his nickname for me and bears no resemblance whatsoever to my real name.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Just wanted to say how awesome DeeRee is for making my new avatar!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    It is, indeed, awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

7. - Top - End - #157

You look like how I imagine you look whenever we talked over MSN: a look of "why exactly am I talking to this jerk?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    You look like how I imagine you look whenever we talked over MSN: a look of "why exactly am I talking to this jerk?"
    Heh, you got a good point. I figured it was just me fussing over a tricky chapter that just won't end in a way I like.

On that note, why the hell aren't you on MSN more?
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-06-02 at 12:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Heh, you got a good point. I figured it was just me fussing over a tricky chapter that just won't end in a way I like.

On that note, why the hell aren't you on MSN more?
    Because i'm usually either: a) drunk, b) working on 40K miniatures, or c) using the laptop in order to minimize potential distractions while writing because I am a lazy lazy man.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Have a listen to these guys.
    First song on the on-site jukebox. Figure out the time signatures. It's fun!
    Also, they're awesome.
    What... Time... Sig.... That's into sixteenth notes, or something!

That or how bad I am with figuring out time signatures is starting to show.
    This avatar by Phase.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Because i'm usually either: a) drunk, b) working on 40K miniatures, or c) using the laptop in order to minimize potential distractions while writing because I am a lazy lazy man.
    Heck man, you choose productivity over me? When my wife is out an entire week and I can actually socialize?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

You might wanna put that in your sig. It's the courteous thing to do after all.

13. - Top - End - #163

Heck man, you choose productivity over me? When my wife is out an entire week and I can actually socialize?
    Generally speaking

There's also Fallout 3, Space Empires 5, Night Watch, and probably at least one more that I'm forgetting...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    You might wanna put that in your sig. It's the courteous thing to do after all.
    I already have a shout-out to her in my sig for the avvie... but the wording could be a bit better I suppose...

@Cristo: And I got C&C 3, Wing Commander Prophecy, Fallout 3, and Fable 2 but I still like chatting now and then.

15. - Top - End - #165

@Cristo: And I got C&C 3, Wing Commander Prophecy, Fallout 3, and Fable 2 but I still like chatting now and then.
    Oh yeah? Well I have a Rhino-Bug!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Very Tzeentch, but it almost looks like a very well-made birthday cake.

17. - Top - End - #167

Better'n it looked before...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought it was meant to be Nurgle... >_>

Needs more purple. And gold and octarine.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. I forgot to mention. That nap sucked. I only had about an eighth of my covers, because I was so tired, I didn't bother to move the junk that littered my bed. I was barely asleep, and I hovered in and out of the dream state as if I were riding a horse with seizures.

"But halfway home I changed my tune,
    And when I saw my lonely room,
    The mirror caught my eye.
    When I sat down, I cried.

Big lie, small world
    It was a big lie, small world" Weird dreams leaving me with a feeling akin to the mood/tone of that song. :S
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-06-02 at 12:32 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #170

I thought it was meant to be Nurgle... >_>

Needs more purple. And gold and octarine.
    It's a salvage job, pure and simple. The Rhino met with an unfortunate incident that resulted in needing a lot of green stuff to fix. Too much green stuff, actually. So I just did what I could to at least make it look daemon-possessed.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a salvage job, pure and simple. The Rhino met with an unfortunate incident that resulted in needing a lot of green stuff to fix. Too much green stuff, actually. So I just did what I could to at least make it look daemon-possessed.
    If you're gonna be doing salvage jobs, play Orks. That would be why my Ork army is ferried about by open topped Predators and two tiered Land raiders. Also they had a Dreadnaught made from a helicopter kit (sadly smashed now)

22. - Top - End - #172

If you're gonna be doing salvage jobs, play Orks. That would be why my Ork army is ferried about by open topped Predators and two tiered Land raiders. Also they had a Dreadnaught made from a helicopter kit (sadly smashed now)
    I had a buddy way back when whose Ork Trukk was made from K-nexx (basically Legos).

Ordinarily I would've just scrapped the Rhino for bitz, but it's my only Rhino right now.

23. - Top - End - #173

There are a few universities that can expel a student for plagarism. I only said it can happen, not that it probably would. No one's getting expelled for a first offense, but someone that's dumb enough to try repeatedly and get caught...
    In most Britland universities any proven plagiarism (I'm talking about more than just a few phrases or one or two sentences) results in failure of that module, and possibly expulsion from the whole course and university.
    For theses it's especially strict.

@Tooby: Little/Big Sister DeeRee rocks. Strangely, that's how I picture you a lot as well.

ION:
    Fourth hot day has resulted in Curli being sunburnt. On her feet. At least I have cooling aftersun.
    *cuddles bottle*
    And I totally got in some revision too!
    And I got to hang out with Favourite Aunt No. 1! Tomorrow we're off to the Mount.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    In most Britland universities any proven plagiarism (I'm talking about more than just a few phrases or one or two sentences) results in failure of that module, and possibly expulsion from the whole course and university.
    For theses it's especially strict.
    I pretty sure that my alma mater could expel you for plagarism, I just don't think they ever went through on it.

ION:
    Fourth hot day has resulted in Curli being sunburnt. On her feet. At least I have cooling aftersun.
    Heh, I'm still peeling a bit from the sunburn I got on my vacation two weeks ago...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, I'm still peeling a bit from the sunburn I got on my vacation two weeks ago...
    Ew.

Well I went to sleep revised in the sun for most of today and I'm just dandy.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

I cut school on my 16th birthday, fell asleep on the beach, and turned my head to the side. When I went back to school the next day, my face was half red and half white. I looked like Two-Face...if he was a dorky clown. Needless to say, I were busted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

I had a buddy way back when whose Ork Trukk was made from K-nexx (basically Legos).

Ordinarily I would've just scrapped the Rhino for bitz, but it's my only Rhino right now.
    k-nex aren't legos! Legos are blocks (unless you count Bionicles, which are mostly balls and joints); k'nex consist of ribbed bars and lots of gears that snap together. They're more like Next Generation Tinker Toys.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    k-nex aren't legos! Legos are blocks (unless you count Bionicles, which are mostly balls and joints); k'nex consist of ribbed bars and lots of gears that snap together. They're more like Next Generation Tinker Toys.

I wasn't going to assume that if I just said K'nex anyone would know what I'm talking about.

Spending a year on a board where you tend to get curb-stopped for assuming that someone in another country knows what you're talking about when you're talking about something from your own country makes you cautious

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

I want to make some snarky, joking comment, but considering I know the difference as well, and still have a ton of Legoes (but not the k'nex), I think I'll keep my mouth shut.
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #180

I wish I still had mine, they made great terrain pieces for Warhammer and other games...