New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A diplomatic mission IC;

Nightveil (Davidicus)

"Very well then." Davidicus begins walking quickly in the direction towards their quarters, leaving her behind. As soon as he's out of her line of sight, he whispers a word of magic and vanishes, turning invisible. Then, he carefully sneaks back the way he came, avoiding Selinda as he does, making his way to the Thayan tower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Invisibility.

Move Silently - (1d20+13)[17]
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

SELINDA

Selinda walks back to their quarters. When she arrives, she finds Thara as quickly as possible.

I have something to tell you, something to tell everyone in fact. Could you bring the rest of the group in here? Davidicus was walking back with me, however I seem to have lost track of him, so I dont know where he is. The rest of our group should hear this.

Selinda sighs, as if a great weight is on her shoulders, as she sits down in chair, to wait for the group to show up.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Back in the ambassador's rooms, Selinda, Davidicus, Korvis and the others find Thara with more guards around her, some of them entirely new faces;

The first is a very imposing man in a black cloak with a short beard. His brown eyes are constantly scanning any room he is in, his ears always ready to listen for possible problems. His clothing consists of a Steel Grey Cloth Tunic, Brown leather belt, a dark brown vest, light brown leather boots and Black Breeches. A fancy sword is on his side in a black scabbard, its hilt the only part visible while it is sheathed. He also has a silver handaxe on the opposite side hooked to his belt.

Although he can't be more than 35 years old, the second new man you see has hair the color of snow. His eyes are of a similar hue. He wears a polished white breastplate with a serpent emblem on the front. A longsword is strapped across his back and a battleaxe is on his hip. He wears white fingerless gloves on his hands. He is a tall muscular man and he has a cold expression on his face that matches the icy color of his eyes.

Thara the sorceress, in her usual garb of brown and black that matches her skin and hair, smiles at you as you enter.
    I called on a few more guards from the reserves at the ship. I've sent our more divinely inclined assistance to set up anti-demon wards for the meeting tomorrow. Since the threat is now over-Claire said she could no longer feel a demonic presence around-I thought we'd have some much needed rest before the festivities tomorrow. You can get to know eachother if you want as well but make it quick-I want you fresh for tommorow.

Noticing Davidicus' impatience, the sorceress frowns.

Any concerns you might have need to be cleared in private; we can't afford not to show a united front now.
    Thara's wording is... unusual. As soon as Davidicus and Selinda think about it, they realise someone must be spying on them; a little telepathic nudge from Thara clears why the sorceress thinks so. The demon seemed to know how to cause conflict within the group, where each one of them slept and where best to attack...

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

The man in the black cloak seems to be sizing up the others in the room, clearly taking mental notes about each person. He pauses whenever he sees a weapon and pauses on them for about 1/2 a minute, smiling as he gets a good look. He then looks up at the ambassador and bows, saying Permission to introduce myself madam. His voice has a gruffness to it, a hoarseness as if he has spent much of his life yelling.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Nightveil (Davidicus)

Davidicus bowed, though a bit stiffly as he stares at Selinda in the corner of his still-magical eyes. "I am Davidicus Norrell, master wizard." A quick flicker of his fingers brought a dramatic swirl of light to spin around him for a moment, then dissipate. "Good to see some more refined company around here."
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells

6. - Top - End - #216

BardGirl

SELINDA

Selinda flinches at the comment from Davidicus, but quickly recovers herself.
    My name is Selinda Torvyn, diplomatic attache to Thara for this conference

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

The mans face softens a bit as he sees Selinda, but returns to its hardened, wary face as he bows slightly and says, My name is Jaren Grandel, bodyguard to the diplomat
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Turin takes Selinda's hand in his own and kisses it. "Turin Frostbite. I am your's to use as you see fit."
    Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 2009-09-01 at 10:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219

BardGirl

SELINDA

Selinda smiles warmly at Turin as he kisses her hand, and whispers to him

Turin only
    Spoiler
    Show
    I may just take you up on that offer

She then turns to address the group.

I am now more convinced than ever that the demonic attack came from the Thayan delegation. And more than that, they are more than willing to assume other forms in order to confuse us. I spent several minutes speaking to a person I thought was the elven ambassador, only to discover that it was some sort of demonic imposter. As well, the elven ambassador possesses some sort of magic that I have never seen before, and judging by his reaction, neither has Nightveil.

She looks to Nightveil for confirmation of the strange spell the elf used to dismiss the demon.

If there is some way to share the true seeing ability that Nightveil possesses, it would really be helpful to all of us. As well, there is a lot of magic being used at all times at this conference, I think Nightveil can enlighten us more on some of the stuff that he detected that was going on.

Selinda sits back down at that point, and ruffles through some of her papers, waiting for someone else to speak.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Nightveil (Davidicus)

"Eh, quite. It was strange magic, to be sure, likely sorcerous or some other unconventional type, or else I'd be aware of it. Nothing a few hours of research can't handle, I'm sure. Magic-wise, I've seen more than a bit of disturbing things around the other ambassadors' towers, auras indicating without a doubt of the Thayans' demonic summons for one. Another, stranger discovery is that of the aura of necromancy over the elven ambassador's tower, something I find both disturbing and... fascinating. Eh, regardless, as Adviser of the Arcane for this delegation, my prescription is to keep careful watch on all of the other delegates, and possibly even our own. After all, demons have tried to infect our own staff at one point; who knows what one of us may be capable of when under the influence of demons."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Thara, her long black hair swinging wildly as she steps up to the middle of the room furiously, glares at everyone;

What did I say about privacy? Now is not the time to discuss security matters we can do nothing about-you can voice your concerns to the castellan tomorrow. Just prepare as much as you can and, for Savras's sake, keep your preparations from prying eyes.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

12. - Top - End - #222

BardGirl

SELINDA

Selinda quietly nods in acceptance of Thara's words, and then looks around to the rest of the group.

My preparations are more mental than anything else, I just need to study the various proposals and initial demands of the numerous factions here today, and see how they mesh with our own needs and wants. Therefore I am going to retire to my room now, and see if I can map out some sort of strategy for Thara to start from. If anyone needs me, I will be in my room.

Selinda gracefully rises, gives a big smile to the two new members of the party and with a sway of her hips, heads off to her room to study her papers.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing as nobody has anything to add to the discussion, the Thayan envoy leaves for her rooms, letting you prepare for the diplomatic meeting tommorow as best as you can in what little of the night is left.

OOC:
    Seeing as no-one is posting, I am fast-forwarding. Please note all preparations you do in an OOC post.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

The campaign will continue in a new thread for chapter two here;

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...35#post6896835