New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread III

*facepalm* and again I confuse the names.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyozo View Post
    *facepalm* and again I confuse the names.
    Now this is a new method of squeezing extra answers out of me...
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

Siraaj isn't a hellhole everywhere, but the motes of civilization a relatively few & far between. The wilderness is extremely deadly, with harsh weather, sparse vegetation, & few oases. Oh yeah, & demonic beings roaming around, trying to consume flesh & soul alike. It has a rather "Points of Light" feel to it, which is one of the few things that actually facilitates compatibility across both editions.

Najmah is a place of wonders. The air is cleaner, the stars are brighter, the colors are more vibrant. It is a realm of dreams & wonders. The flowers bloom in the moonlight, & the plants can be any color of the rainbow. The seas sparkle like diamonds on a sheet of black velvet, reflecting the heavens above. In some places, even the barest pretense of reality fades away, leaving mutable realms where the ground has no hold & time flows like a gusty wind.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Najmah is a place of wonders. The air is cleaner, the stars are brighter, the colors are more vibrant. It is a realm of dreams & wonders. The flowers bloom in the moonlight, & the plants can be any color of the rainbow. The seas sparkle like diamonds on a sheet of black velvet, reflecting the heavens above. In some places, even the barest pretense of reality fades away, leaving mutable realms where the ground has no hold & time flows like a gusty wind.
    Awesome.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Want...so much...to play...

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SwordGoddess View Post
    Want...so much...to play...
    Don't worry, you shall soon enjoy the fruits of our labor. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a day since this project was started that I didn't work on it. We're over 60% done now, & we're working constantly to complete the project to our mutual satisfaction. I eagerly anticipate its publication at least as much as you do.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Now this is a new method of squeezing extra answers out of me...
    That afro is like a sponge. Except instead of water, it releases knowledge!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    That afro is like a sponge. Except instead of water, it releases knowledge!
    Not according to most of my audience it doesn't.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Not according to most of my audience it doesn't.
    That's prolly 'cause they're squeezing rocks instead of oranges. "Ask the right questions"; IT'S METAPHORICAL!
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-09-10 at 02:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

That afro is like a sponge. Except instead of water, it releases Awesome!
    There, fixed for you.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Don't worry, you shall soon enjoy the fruits of our labor. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a day since this project was started that I didn't work on it. We're over 60% done now, & we're working constantly to complete the project to our mutual satisfaction. I eagerly anticipate its publication at least as much as you do.
    I appreciate all this work you guys are doing, truly. Putting together an entirely new campaign setting is an enormous undertaking and I'm impressed by the amount of work and dedication you folks are putting into. I always see people start new settings but then abandon them, so this one has me especially excited because it looks like THIS time, it'll come to fruition.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to mention they managed to turn a campaign setting built effectively by committee into something not only plausible, but rich and intriguing.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Juhn View Post
    Not to mention they managed to turn a campaign setting built effectively by committee into something not only plausible, but rich and intriguing.
    Gotta applaud that, but you guys definitely started off well, with the dedicated build team instead of the whole community-built thing.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

The intrigue is all my doing. I take all the credit.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    That afro is like a sponge. Except instead of water, it releases Awesome and Malice!
    There, fixed for you.
    Fixed again.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Fixed again.
    Man, you guys can't get this right, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000
    That afro is like a sponge. Except instead of water, it releases POWER!!

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's roughly what POWER!! is, actually. A mixture of awesome and malice.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-09-11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I hath invoked the fury of Gdo, the god of typos.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Gotta applaud that, but you guys definitely started off well, with the dedicated build team instead of the whole community-built thing.
    Oh, we're mad dedicated.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordZarth View Post
    Man, you guys can't get this right, can you?
    Well, to be fair, it's been a while since the POWER has been mentioned.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, to be fair, it's been a while since the POWER has been mentioned.
    Well I didn't wanna be the one to say it...

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Well I didn't wanna be the one to say it...
    We'll do a silly demotivator contest at some point and then everyone will keep repeating it. It'll be fun.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

The cookies have put me in a very good mood. Mmm, cookies.

I am authorizing one question, which I will answer to the best of my ability, without equivocation, obfuscation or omission. I will answer the next question posed on this thread in bold blue text.

Any sort of "stacked" or sequential question, or an attempt to hide one question within another in the hopes of getting multiple questions answered, will meet a similar fate. A question so broad as to effectively encompass upwards of five or six will not be answered, but I may allow you to narrow it; this means no "what are the population distributions for each major city" or anything of the sort.

A further warning: your question must be a question. "Tell us about" or "Explain" are requests. Trying to make a request into a question via "could you," "would you" or similar will get you a rather snarky "Yes, I could/would" and waste this valuable opportunity.

There is a catch: there is one question that, if posed, will waste this opportunity. I am not telling you what it is; however, I have edited it into a post I have previously made; the edit timestamp is 11:05 AM EST, September 12, 2009, so you know I'm not pulling any shenanigans.

Think hard about the merits of your question before you pose it... someone else may have a better one. Discuss if you like; I will take the first question posed in bold blue text.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

You are an evil, evil person Afro. But I'm sure that's hardly news to you.

Edit: You must be in a REALLY good mood, putting the banned question where you put it.

Anyways, I'd vote for asking the Afro about the ghuls' creation process/whatever it is. If we happened to be voting about it
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2009-09-12 at 11:04 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright folks - I've got my running shoes, my fake I.D's, my disguise kit, my mercy pistol...okay, I'm prepared for the lynch mob. FOR GLORY!

What are the 3.5 statistics for Ghuls?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Really? I offer you anything and you ask for another monster? What a waste.

3.5 Ghul statistics are not currently finalized. Did you want them anyway, or would you like to reconsider that waste of a question?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-09-12 at 12:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Firbolg in the Playground

I will retract my question; thank you for the opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

You're welcome.

For the record, if the question is unanswerable, you'll get another shot.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Alright folks - I've got my running shoes, my fake I.D's, my disguise kit, my mercy pistol...okay, I'm prepared for the lynch mob. FOR GLORY!

What are the 3.5 statistics for Ghuls?
    You could've had the origins of Zihaja, or purpose of the Pit of Fate, or the reason that people speak Common. And all you want is a stat block. Afro's generosity is like rain in the desert. I hope that this quenches your thirst.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-09-12 at 12:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

The rules again:

The cookies have put me in a very good mood. Mmm, cookies.

I am authorizing one question, which I will answer to the best of my ability, without equivocation, obfuscation or omission. I will answer the next question posed on this thread in bold blue text.

Any sort of "stacked" or sequential question, or an attempt to hide one question within another in the hopes of getting multiple questions answered, will meet a similar fate. A question so broad as to effectively encompass upwards of five or six will not be answered, but I may allow you to narrow it; this means no "what are the population distributions for each major city" or anything of the sort.

A further warning: your question must be a question. "Tell us about" or "Explain" are requests. Trying to make a request into a question via "could you," "would you" or similar will get you a rather snarky "Yes, I could/would" and waste this valuable opportunity.

There is a catch: there is one question that, if posed, will waste this opportunity. I am not telling you what it is; however, I have edited it into a post I have previously made; the edit timestamp is 11:05 AM EST, September 12, 2009, so you know I'm not pulling any shenanigans.

Think hard about the merits of your question before you pose it... someone else may have a better one. Discuss if you like; I will take the first question posed in bold blue text.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

...I figured Common was a derivative of Admajai, considering most people on that continent seem to share that origin.