New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Concordium

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Concordium

Thank goodness Cargean says, breathing a sigh of relief, I knew he was smarter than that, he meant to say Bronze. It lends credence with a knock to the head.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Eshalyn looks up to the person speaking to her.

It all happened so quickly, I really didnt get a good look at their coloring. It could have been copper, it could have been bronze. Please, do you know of any hunters that could come and aid with the problem these good folk are about to have? We werent looking for trouble and those dragons attacked for no reason. This town will be their next target for sure. They will need protection.

3. - Top - End - #183

Cluverius is still in the main room, but he's getting frustrated by his lack of control. Waiting for someone else to do a job doesn't seem to sit well with him. The old wizard is fidgeting with the crystal device he'd brought with him, and he keeps polishing its spotless lenses unnecessarily. Damn. Since things seem to be in hand, I'll be in my chambers. Gormengast, stay here and monitor the plan. If anything goes awry, come and inform me. The devil manages to extinguish a frown before it forms, and nods. Fierna, take me to my chambers!

The she-devil surreptitiously wraps her tail around his ankle, and the two disappear with a slight pop of sudden vacuum.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

the priests turns away with a grave look on his face. "oh god, what are we going to do! oh god, a dragon!"
    Un-expected spanish inquisition avatar by Half_Halfling

Spoiler
    Show

When people say "life is short". What the h*ll??? Life is the longest d*mn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer? - unkown

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --J. Danforth Quayle

"Sanity is a small price to pay for happiness." --Marabeth Madsen

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown

5. - Top - End - #185

Not just any adventurers can take on a dragon, but i've heard that recently a group of adventurers had shown up at the Citadel of the righteous path, perhaps they could be enlisted to help us, the gods know i'm getting to old for this kind of endavour now As he says this, Daken directs the crowd towards the Alcazr

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

the entire crowd led by several preists walks to alcazar and knocks on the door.

Spoiler
    Show

When people say "life is short". What the h*ll??? Life is the longest d*mn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer? - unkown

7. - Top - End - #187

Cluverius has barely settled himself down to a good book - Fierna having seated herself in a chair in the corner and looking displeased at being ignored once again - when Gormengaust pops into the center of the room, a mean-spirited smirk on his face.

There's a mob outside the gates. Cluverius slams his book shut, but the devil continues before he can say anything. It seems that one of your 'allies' has lead them here. Best look to your hide, master, before the riffraff singe it from your back.

Oh, be silent. Hm. Is this a double-cross? Why would they make their move now, before they have anything to gain from it? In the corner of the room, still draped over a chair, Fierna chuckles to herself. No point in worrying over it now, I suppose. Gormengast, take on the appearance of the druid. Fierna, bring the three prisoners from the dungeon to the front gate. If my colleagues seek to test us, we'll have to prove just how resourceful we can be.

Having said as much, Cluverius speaks two words in the langues of magic and becomes totally undetectable by any sense, no longer even making sound as he breathes. A moment later a perfect illusion of the adventuring mage so recently murdered by Lazarus wavers into being and marches out of the room and down towards the gate. Gormengast follows behind, bearing now the face and shape of the druid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gormengast is using Polymorph Self to become the druid.

Fierna's going to Greater Teleport to the dungeons and then Greater Teleport herself and the three prisoners to the main gate, still under her domination.

Cluverius just cast Superior Invisibility and Permanent Image, allowing him to concentrate on maintaining the illusion of the mage without being detected.

To the mob (and anyone else witnessing), it will appear exactly as though the mage, druid, and three fighters from the adventuring party are answering the summons.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

(ooc they coming out now, or what?)

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

As Cargean sees the "Adventurers" Leaving the castle, he will begin calling on the winds and lightning itself to disperse these troublesome townsfolk. Let me show you why the storm should be feared! Cargean says softly, as sparks begin to gather around his hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cargean is using his call storm power. It's like Control Weather cast by a druid of my level (19) and can only summon a windstorm, thunderstorm, or hurricane force winds. Casting time ten minutes

Show

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler
    Show
    Storm's duration
    (4d12)[22] hours doubled. Storm effects a three mile radius

Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Inside the main entrance, Fierna, Cluverius, Gormengast, the three warriors, and the illusory mage convene. The invisible wizard's voice orders the devils quickly in preparation for their performance.

Gormengast, keep silent. If you're asked a question, play your part and volunteer nothing.

Fierna, command the men to stay behind and follow my lead, agreeing with whatever I say. Then go back to the main room and remain there until I come for you.

Cluverius, invisible, pulls the door open and has the illusory mage appear to answer it, Gormengast and the rest behind. Yes, hello? What's this? Can we help you with something?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

"we heard you could handle a problem with dragons? they just attacked this one. we REALLY need your help." he looks worried...

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

The illusory mage holds up his hands to quiet the crowd, who were muttering quietly. Yes, we know. We have in fact already been contracted by the Society whose castle this is to seek out the dragon and speak with it on behalf of the townspeople. Behind him, Gormengast is looking surly as the druid, but nods anyway. The three fighters wag their heads more enthusiastically, still obeying Fierna. We will set out tomorrow. Don't worry; we've handled dragons before. And even if we should fall, the Society has promised to lend you their protection. One way or another, this problem will be dealt with!
    Last edited by Vox Clamantis; 2009-07-04 at 10:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

"thank the heavons" (gain 2 xp, for using correct colloring. Just vox) a look of relief falls over the crowd and they slowly disperse.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

The illusory mage stands in the doorway, looking confident and nodding agreeably at anyone who meets his eye. When the crowd has completely dispersed, Cluverius has the illusion walk back inside and then closes the door and bolts it. With a thought he dispels the illusion and his invisibility.

Bah. Foolishness. Gormengast, get Fierna down here to lead these idiots back to their cells. And resume your normal disguise, damn you.

Completely irritable, he casts a spell and teleports to the war room. Upon seeing Cargean's storm appearing outside the window, he grunts approvingly. Good. That should keep those morons in their houses, stop them from asking questions. Now, I told the people that the adventurers would set out tomorrow. It would be incredible, but not impossible, for them to find the dragon on the first day. Therefore I say we should destroy the dragon the day after tomorrow at the very latest. Cargean, what say you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay, 2 xp.
    Last edited by Vox Clamantis; 2009-07-04 at 11:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Now cured of her "injuries" Eshalyn pushes her way to the front of the mob.
    I was the one who was attacked by the dragons. I can provide you with the information you need as to where and when they attacked me and my group.
    Eshalyn proceeds to walk up the steps to be with the group.
    I just hope my information can be of help as she walks by.

As she walks deeper into the castle. she passes by Fierna, and smirks at the devil, sticking out her tongue as well.
    So sorry to spoil your fun, but I got better.

17. - Top - End - #197

Cargean finishes casting his spell and looks at Cluverius, I think your plan sounds just fine. I'm just glad I got to bring the storm around. By my calculations it will last for around 45 hours, giving us time to kill the dragon without anyone from the town really being able to do anything.

Cargean then walks over to Eshalyn, Are you ok my dear? I hope those fool priests were able to heal you without too much idiocy and carrying on about gods and such. I was a little worried about you and ready to get you out of the town at a moments notice, but it is good to know you can take care of yourself.

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Eshalyn smiles at Cargean.
    They barely said a word about deities as they were healing me. The stupid fools were probably too busy falling over themselves to be the first to touch me. But its good to know that you were watching out for me. I like having a knight protector that will rescue me.

19. - Top - End - #199

I don't know if Knight is the right word, but I like to keep an eye on those I care about Cargean said, blushing slightly,
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2009-07-05 at 12:04 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Lazarus

Lazarus emerged at last from his tower, having just finished the laborious process of enchantment, and left the druid with Tom for safekeeping. Giles followed bearing a small white box, tied with gold ribbon, which he gave Eshalyn. Inside was a diaphanous, shimmering shirt, cunningly woven of fine silk, but as strong as steel - though it would provide neither the protective properties of armor (at least, not directly, though the enchantment upon it certainly would.) nor its hindrance to a spellcaster. The shirt itself appeared almost as snakeskin, and a small embroidered snake above the right breast had an eye of black sapphire, which held the gem used to power the enchantment

Lazarus smiled wryly at both of them. "Good afternoon. Or whatever time it is. I tend to lose track when I work. In any case, you two are just precious. Reminds me rather of my brother and his wife, the Princess. Though obviously, less wretchedly wholesome." He grinned wider. "I hope this little trifle is to your liking, my dear." he added.

21. - Top - End - #201

Cargean looks at Lazarus wit a wry grin,from anyone else, I would take that as an insult Lazarus. Eyeing the shirt in Eshalyn's hands, Cargean says, You do very good work my friend, perhaps you would be the one to ask about perhaps helping me procure a glove that would allow me to cast the druid spell faerie fire. Tis a delightful little spell. Cargean then turns back to Eshalyn, they seem to be talking quietly to one another.

Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Cluverius, partly - but not completely - over his irritation, acknowledges Lazarus and his omnipresent butler with a curt nod. Lazarus. Fine work there. He's not a man who's free with his compliments. Eshalyn, Lazarus: what do you say to killing the dragon the day after tomorrow? Any one of us would be sufficient to the task, but I thought we might make a day of it. Bring a picnic, perhaps? The briefest ironic smile curls the corners of his lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does anyone have anything they're planning to do before then? If the answer is no, I'll just update Cluverius' spells memorized and be ready for the outing.

23. - Top - End - #203

Tom comes walking in, leading the druid. "Did anyone else want the druid for anything?"
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

24. - Top - End - #204

Daken is going to slip by the crowd, and walk through the castle wall before heading up into the meeting room (he carries alot of magic items, dosen't he). I hope i did'nt do to badly, that was a stupid slip, messing up lke that, but it seems to me they didn't even notice iI slipped out of character, when did we plan to do the actual killing?

25. - Top - End - #205

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Eshalyn shakes out the shirt to completely display the completed item, and beams with a wide smile. You can tell she is very impressed with the workmanship, and the nice detail of the snake sigil. Without a second thought to the number of people present, she casually strips off her current upper robes, and slips into the new shirt. It fits over her like a glove, displaying her curves perfectly, as she turns this way and back to model it.

Thisss isss exactly what I wassss looking for, thank you ssso much Lazarusss. It will make me that much harder to deal with in a pitched battle.

She turns to Cluverious as she hears him mention the dragon.

Dont you dare cut me out of that fun with a laugh I have a nice potent combo ssspell that Im itching to unleasssh on one of them. Im presssuming you want the biggessst one for your componentsss, ssso I will concentrate my attacksss on one of the lessssser beassstsss....because there wont be much left of it after it tearsss through it. Day after tomorrow isss fine with me for the hunt.

She turns back to Cargean after that, and the two of them seem to drift off together.
    Last edited by MikelaC; 2009-07-05 at 12:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Lazarus

Lazarus looked at his creation with a critical eye as Eshalyn donned it, then smiled approvingly. "Good... yes, it looks good. Of course, I daresay anything would, given whose wearing it." He laughed a warm, wicked little laugh, and his fingers twitched, sparks of green and violet dancing between them like the harbingers of a storm. "Indeed... I look forward to it. It shall be... interesting."

27. - Top - End - #207

Cluverius looks at the druid sternly for a moment - the druid withers a little beneath this heartless glare - before seeming to make up his mind. You. Come here. When the druid cringes back, the old wizard points ominously at his forehead and begins to mutter in Infernal. After a moment, the druids eyes glaze slightly, as though he were distracted. Cluverius stops moving, simply staring into the druid's eyes for a little over a minute before tearing his eyes away.

Alright, I have what I need. A few words complete another spell, and all fear leaves the druid's face, leaving him looking contented and at peace. Somebody get our friend here to the dungeon.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, he cast Probe Thoughts (6th level, Spell Compendium, DC 33). If the druid fails (I assume he will), Cluverius gets complete access to all of his memories and thoughts. Technically he should get 21 questions, but I'll summarize what he wants to know:

- the names of the adventurers (including the dead mage) (five questions)
    - each of their professions (five questions)
    - where each is from (five questions)
    - why they came to this town (five questions)

You don't have to tell me all of the details. If you want to save time, just say that Cluverius knows the answers and we can go from there.

Also, that last spell was just Charm Monster (DC 34).

28. - Top - End - #208

"Cluverius, is gathering components going to leave the corpse intact? A zombified dragon makes an excellent siege weapon, or a mount for that matter. The souls are not necessary for a zombie, so that means you can feel free to bind them, Lazarus."

Tom prods Azazel to get his attention. "Stare any longer and your eyeballs are going to fall out of your skull."

"No idea what you're talking about. None whatsoever.

"Do me a favor and fetch enough black onyx to reanimate the other dragons; I'm only carrying enough for one, and I have to show our friend here to his room."

Tom hands Azazel his Handy Haversack, and he flies off. Tom proceeds to the dungeon, druid in tow.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

29. - Top - End - #209

Spoiler
    Show
    FYI, Eshalyn and Cargean aren't in the room anymore

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC culveris knows the ansewers )
    Last edited by teh_meh; 2009-07-06 at 08:38 AM.

Spoiler
    Show