New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Sereitei (Shinigami Home) [BleachitP]

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Taniko nods, sighing and staring at her lap. "Captain Sigmund isn't the only one I miss, though... It'd be a play on words to say I fell for the Espada's disguise..."
    Satoshi winces.

"I'm sorry about that, too. I don't know really what to tell you in that case. I can listen, and I can point you at good places to blow stuff up. Beyond that..."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

"I probably wouldn't have shown interest if there had been others my age in the Sereitei. Been waiting decades for someone my age..." Remember, folks, Taniko was a Little Genius in the day. She crosses her arms across her chest, squinting her eyes shut. "Everything's always had to be at arm's length, and finally someone I thought I could relate to gets recruited... So glad we weren't sharing a bed..."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi gently laid a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Taniko. I...I know romance can be difficult, and something like this has to hurt. A lot. I think maybe you should give it a bit of time. Who knows. Maybe once this storm blows over, someone else, someone who's actually a Shinigami will come along? I mean, it's not like you're the only person at all in your age category. Beyond that...Don't stick too hard to your age range."

His face smiles slightly, even as his eyes get misty.

"I mean, I'm 500, and Greta was about 190. We weren't exactly close in ages. But...Anyways, sorry. I'm sure you don't want to hear me mope about my lovelife."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Taniko nods, but she's starting to cry again. "Aregato... Still hurts, though."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Taniko nods, but she's starting to cry again. "Aregato... Still hurts, though."
    Satoshi sits for a moment...before hugging her again. It's really more of a familial type gesture.

"Shh. I know. Just let it out, Taniko. Let it out."

He closes his eyes, a single tear escaping.

'Damn you Toho. Damn you Espada. Damn you all to Hell.'

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

((Planet of the Apes!))

Taniko is bawling at this point, barely able to get words out through the sobs as she grips Satoshi's uniform.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Satoshi just holds her, occasionally patting her hair and making "Shh" sounds.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Taniko eventually manages to compose herself after some deep breathes. She wipes the tears from her eyes, smiling weakly at Satoshi. "Again, aregato."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

He's offering her a hanky.

"Here. And no need to thank me. I understand the need for a good cry, trust me. Better now, with me, who won't tell anyone, than through stress build up in the middle of your job. If you ever need to do this again, feel free to visit myself, or likely Aiko. I'm sure she'd be willing to give you a shoulder to cry on."

He's also wearing a fresh, dry black haori.

Have we mentioned he's a speedy ninja?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Taniko takes the hankerchief and smiles meekly, nodding as she wipes away the tears. "I should probably finish eating..."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You do that. I'll be in the other room if you need me."

With that, he walks out, leaving Taniko to the remains of her meal.

He spends a moment looking forlornly at the one picture of Greta and himself that he has.

Then he sits down, and begins drafting a proposal of how to bring the Bount who are willing safely and securely to Soul Society. Starting with Xander.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Taniko goes about her meal, slowly and quietly. It's a rather large ammount of food, though, so it's going to be a while. She occasionally mutters to herself that he wouldn't want her blaming herself.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Deep in the dimly lit bowels of 12th Division, the light from a lone computer screen flickered ominously, the gears that run the schizo-tech of the division unhappily juddering.

Then someone gave the Spiritron-power generator a good kick, and the flickering stopped. Idly moving his lank hair out of his face, the kicker squinted up at the screens through green-tinted lenses, catching up on the latest reports.

The clocks claimed he'd been in his workshop/office/junkyard/bedroom for weeks, and he knew they were trustworthy (he'd built them, after all). It would be best, therefore, to catch up on things before venturing out to get some fresh air and food. And a bath, maybe. It shouldn't take long, not much generally happened around-

Hoh-lee ****. He'd... missed quite a bit. Wow. Um.

Swaying uneasily on his backwards-jointed metal legs, Kinkuzo Kukakya became steadily more bewildered as he skimmed a few of the reports, eventually flicking back whole weeks in order to start from the beginning.

Finding it a hopeless task, the Lieutenant of 12th Division raised what appeared to be a combination of a skull and brass hearing trumpet to his mouth, before speaking into it.

"...Hello? Anyone there?"

The voice that responded was vaguely frantic, and more than a little whiny. "Lieutenant? Lieutenant! Where are you? We thought you were dead!"

"No, still ticking away."
    Kinkuzo tapped the clockwork linking his legs to their stumps. Just his little joke, and one that was utterly lost on his subordinate. "So. What's, uh, what's been going on with you?"

There was a disbelieving silence on the other end of the trumpet, followed by: "Sir?"

Kinkuzo's reply contained a veiled note of hysteria. They could have his head for this... "Come on, I can't be everywhere at once. Status report. Spread over the last, ah, few weeks or so. Bullet point it for me."

This was going to take a while.
    Last edited by Revlid; 2009-07-04 at 05:31 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "[COLOR="DimGray"]Starting with Xander.
    ((Is this actual Xander this time or Xavier again. ))

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    ((Is this actual Xander this time or Xavier again. ))
    ((Bount Xander.))

16. - Top - End - #256

((Okay, 'cause I remember someone calling Xavier Xander yesterday...))

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    ((Okay, 'cause I remember someone calling Xavier Xander yesterday...))
    ((Unpossible. I have no idea to whom you are referring. >.> <.<))

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

The report is handed to the Vice-Captain by the third seat. Detailing a LOT of events. "Probability of Captain and/or Vice-Captain wanting a summary of events after they get out of their respective laboratories: About 82%. Everything is detailed within, but can be summarized thusly: We're at war with the Arrancar, we've suffered several casualties of Vice-Captain rank and above, and once we're stable that's a 94% chance that Captain Satoshi will come down on anyone who didn't assist in defending against the last attack, when Captain of the 4th Squad Sigmund Nobel fell in combat when the enemy leader make a personal appearance in Soul Society. In conclusion, you are screwed."

Elsewhere, Taniko is returning to 4th Squad after having recovered. Fresh orders are given, resources requisitions are made for reconstruction, and all around Taniko is channeling her late Captain.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiljaeran wandered through the streets of Seireitei, seeking to clear his head. His contribution to the medical efforts had ended after the wolfgirl's appearance combined with a message saying that Satoshi was increasing the patrols yet further. His thoughts were now too muddled to continue helping out in such a crowded area. No matter how much he walked, he couldn't take his mind off the things that he'd seen. There were just too many connections, too many implications; He'd need to observe, analyze, review, re-hold on...

He came to a sudden stop as the direction of his thoughts became apparent. Wasting no time, he closed his eyes and sent his consciousness elsewhere.

Mindscape:
    Spoiler
    Show

He walked past the questioning glances of his companions and along the labyrinthine passages, turning when he reached a very familiar door. It took a while to get the portal open due to the ridiculous amount of locks, chains and bolts that were scattered around it, but eventually it swung open. He descended the stairs that were revealed and entered a large and surprisingly comfortable looking dungeon. Its single occupant had already made two chairs ready, in one of which he now sat.

"Well well, this is indeed a pleasant surprise. I would have thought that you'd be content to leave me to rot. What can this humble captive do for you, Art?"

His cyan counterpart sat down and sighed as a sad expression graced his features.

"Please don't make this difficult. If there was a way to let you safely roam free I would take it, but you're just too dangerous."

"To you? Yes. To Soul Society? No. You know as well as I do that the 8th Division ran smoother under my direction than the five of you put together."

"No I don't, and neither can you. You never even gave us a chance to find out. But all that's in the past; What's important is that you need to stop doing this to us and let us try things our way."

Prime's expression was one of apparently genuine confusion. He raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"'Stop doing this'? Stop what? I've been imprisoned far too securely to harm any of you."

Art rose to his feet in a gesture that could have been mistaken for anger in those who didn't know him.

"You're influencing us. I don't know how, but you're whispering in our ears and making us jump at shadows. It needs to end, before someone gets hurt by our panic."

Prime smiled indulgently from his seat, making no effort to rise. He shook his head slowly and spoke as if to an idiot.

"You have so much to learn about this world. An army of Arrancar is preparing to strike at our very doorstep and traitors are weaving grand schemes in hidden rooms. In a situation like this, jumping at shadows is the natural response."

His smile widened and he looked straight into his target's eyes. He spoke now with the tone of someone imparting a great universal truth.

"I'm not whispering in your ears or setting traps ahead of you. Your panic comes because you've all just begun to realise what sort of actions are needed to save this world of ours. If you don't become just as cold and ruthless as your opponents then they will literally eat you alive. And you can't handle that, can you?"

He didn't get to see the full reaction to his words, but judging by the speed at which the cyan figure left the room it was probably more than sufficient. Leaning back in his chair, Prime closed his eyes. The world may be burning around them, but at least he wouldn't be bored...

It was only a second before Kiljaeran continued his aimless walk. A frown now adorned his face, though; Art had left in such haste. Hopefully he would return soon, but something was obviously wrong.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In accordance with the laws of probability and comedy, at that moment, a Hell Butterfly flutters into the lab.

Instead of the normal black, it's red.

We won't repeat exactly what it said, but suffice to say it was Satoshi reaming the Vice Captain of the 12th for their squad doing almost nothing in the attack.

He'd also like to speak with the Vice-Captain at his earliest convenience.

Edit: @Anyr: Satoshi actually decreased the number of patrols from his first set of orders. His division (which, again, is the smallest), along with all others, will only field 120 men, rather than 150. As well, the patrols are concentrated in Mortal World and Rokungi, not Seireitei. He did end up listening to Aiko.
    So in short, he's actually ordering more, yet fewer, patrols.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-07-04 at 11:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Shirubaru wakes up groggily. He remembers his inner fight with the Hollowified Captain Raithe... but nothing that happened in the real world.

His lower jaw and chin, formerly mutilated wreckage, has now been replaced by the lower half of a shiny new Hollow mask, which extends right around to the back of his head. The upper half of the Hollow mask is attached to the lower with a hinge, and currently resides lying flat on top of Shiru's head, looking somewhat like a baseball cap's peak.

He also has two shiny new white Hollow arms, etched with strange symbols and markings. Amongst these odd, curving engravings can be seen the Kanji for "Sword" on one arm, and the Kanji for "Shield" on the other.

Where the hell am I? Shiru rasps.

Then he pauses.

And how the hell am I talking out loud? And where the hell is Abokku?

He looks around him. He appears to be tied up in a Captain's apartment.

Why the hell am I tied up in a Captain's apartment?

He looks down at himself. And how the hell did I get arms?

In short, what the hell???
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

22. - Top - End - #262

Giriko is sitting in a small chair, reading as Shirubaru wakes up

"You killed one thousand seven hundred and twenty innocent people after you entered your hollow state. You are currently in my appartment as I wanted to talk to you before you turned yourself in."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

23. - Top - End - #263

Xavier

Xavier reports to Taniko. Wanting to know if there's anything he really needs to be doing, or can he work on the cure for Wolfgirl.

24. - Top - End - #264

Zombie

Shirubaru just stares, his one eye devoid of expression.

How many? he says hoarsely.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-07-04 at 12:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

"One thousand seven hundred and twenty. It was pretty violent. Cars...buildings. You even almost killed those young people several times. You were a complete monster. Don't worry though...they're comming to save you anyway. So why don't you turn yourself in and just relax. Chances are they'll get into Soul Society without my help...and you'll be safe. How was Raithe...by the way."

Giriko dosn't seem to be reading, just staring at the book
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Taniko is looking over written reports when Xavier comes into her office. It still bears the scars of the fight between Sigmund and Toho. "I can handle the administrative work from here out. As for your patient, I want a report summarizing the work you've done on her already. A written report, I can't memorize everything that's said to me. Given the nature of her transformation, though, I don't think the solution will be a quick fix."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Inu-chan is likely back in Xavier's apartment, sleeping peacefully. Or somewhere with a bed or couch.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #268

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "One thousand seven hundred and twenty. It was pretty violent. Cars...buildings. You even almost killed those young people several times. You were a complete monster. Don't worry though...they're comming to save you anyway. So why don't you turn yourself in and just relax. Chances are they'll get into Soul Society without my help...and you'll be safe. How was Raithe...by the way."

Giriko dosn't seem to be reading, just staring at the book
    Shirubaru stares at Girikio.

No, he says, his voice breaking. You did this. You... you made me... you gave me the Hollow mask...

Oh gods. One thousand, seven hundred and twenty. No. No. This can't be - I can't have -

Oh gods. I hope there weren't... were there... children? Please tell me I didn't hurt any children.
    There is a long pause. No. No. Don't answer that. A tear trickles down his face. Oh gods.

Raithe. Nukari. And now me. Look at me. Just another 11th Division killer. And... And I'm the worst one by far...
    He sits with his head bowed.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

Xavier

Of course. Xavier leaves... and comes back in a few minutes. Handing the report to Taniko.
    Extent of mutations - The human patient has grown thick fur on her forearms and shins, as well as canine-like teeth, ears, and tail. Her eyes have turned yellow as well. She appears to have severe brain damage, impaired language skills, as well as many mannerisms commonly associated with wolves and dogs, such as a love of meat and chasing moving objects. All of these effects were caused by being possessed by a malevolent reiatsu. In addition, she has the insignia of the 11th division branded on the back of her neck.

Treatment - I have successfully removed the reiatsu using my bankai, but the damage caused by it remains. Surgically removing the mutated body parts would most likely be a bad idea, as she is dependant on them to function, she seems to need the fur to keep warm and the tail for balance. She still seems to have the capacity for learning, however. Attempts at teaching her how to act more human has not worked so far, but these have mainly been informal attempts, trying to get her to eat less meat and trying to make her walk on two legs, but I believe it could be possible.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-07-04 at 12:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Shirubaru stares at Girikio.

No, he says, his voice breaking. You did this. You... you made me... you gave me the Hollow mask...

Oh gods. One thousand, seven hundred and twenty. No. No. This can't be - I can't have -

Oh gods. I hope there weren't... were there... children? Please tell me I didn't hurt any children.
    There is a long pause. No. No. Don't answer that. A tear trickles down his face. Oh gods.

Raithe. Nukari. And now me. Look at me. Just another 11th Division killer. And... And I'm the worst one by far...
    He sits with his head bowed.

Giriko shuts the book, looking finally at the poor 11th Captain...former...Captain

"Your right. I did it. I gave you the mask, my hands are stained with their blood as well. But now your better. Stronger. When you get over this little mental break down and understand everything...Toho can finally be brought down. So in the end. This was all for the best. The human souls were all cleaned and sent to Soul Society. They really didn't die. They've just had a....long vacation planned for them. When your done freaking out. I'd suggest you turn yourself in"
    My Current Works