New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Schoolmate is an Evil Overlord (IC)

Haru Narita

Haru frowned at Hiro. "After that line? You don't get to write lyrics. Ever." Haru claimed his mansion key. He'd doodle thunderbolts and other totally awesome metal things all over it later.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

@ Kuro

Spoiler
    Show

About half an hour later, you see him smugly reading some book in the library. Genta is still beside him, eventhough it seems that he's not really interested in reading any book.

Kuro's luck had turned a bit worse though...

OOC: wait I thought it was 5?
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Kuro (20/20) (8)

Kuro continues her previous actions.

For the GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kuro still continues following him (trusting in luck that she will not be spotted and that he will lead her eventually to some secret that he would not want revealed)... ;) No, her luck actually got better, 10 to 15... Luck: (1d6x5)[5]

Edit: NOW her luck just got worse...
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-07-20 at 01:29 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #244

@Kuro

Spoiler
    Show
    Kuro realized something. For some reason, she had this gut feeling that this chubbier guy isn't really what he seemed to be. But she can't really explain why, since her supposedly catlike cunning or perception isn't really that good. Catlike cunning isn't made for something more complicated than hunting anyway. It's just her luck.

She might be able to get more if she continues, she might be not.

But luck is such a fickle thing. As she curiously watched her mark from the library's window, one or two people started to notice her, though the rest of the bystanders were still ignorant for some reason or another.

Last edited by Fri; 2009-07-21 at 08:58 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Kuro (20/20) (8)

Kuro focuses her mind... she thinks about being a cat predator, stalking prey. In the past this has sometimes boosted her luckiness. Her moves take on an unconcious catlike grace.

For the GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kuro continues, if you want a focus - she is aiming at finding out something she can use against the detective, she keeps an eye out for the chubby guy as a secondary focus to see if she can figure out why he seems... off.Luck: (1d6x5)[15]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #246

Hitomi has been quietly considering the problem. "If we are to misdirect him, then we need to know what he'll respond to. I suggest I tail him for the evening, and try to learn what kinds of cases and clues are likely to catch his interest."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Amy (2) (12/30)

"That's a good idea, but unless you know where he is right now, you should wait tomorow."
    Amy takes her key and grabs her coat.
    "If he's that good, he probably already made the local newspaper a few time. I'm going to check to see what i can find there.."

OOc:

That last part is of course assuming that there is a freely accessible archive of said old newspaper exists, either because they have one on the internet (somme newspapers do) or bacuase there is on at the local library (if it's still open it this hour of the game)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-07-22 at 12:44 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #248

Kuro...

Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly... Kuro heard a scream from the library!

Kuro can't hear anything from her place, but she can see a woman. It seems that she's a librarian.

That woman looked panicked. Shinichi stopped reading and got this intrigued look on her face. He stood up, and moved toward the librarian. His sidekick followed not far from him.

They dissapeared into a room. Kuro can't see or hear anything else at this moment.

It seemed that there's a criminal case, happening, right at this moment! Is this luck?

I suppose he's been in the local newspaper for a couple of times. You can check the library, or the internet. The library isn't that far from here. For the internet... damn, we really need more computer. There is one in OUR library above.
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-07-22 at 12:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Amy

"I'll go to the library first, before it closes. I can check on the internet later."
    And as soon as said as done and without need for futher useless description (that's robotic efficiency for you, or maybe just player writting lazyness), Amy goes to the library and checks the old newspaper section to find anything she can on the target* while quietly humming the "cold case" theme song to herself.

(1d6*5)[20]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...as well as her new boss and teamates because she trusts them only as far as she can throw them. (although I expect only Susan might have already made the news)
    (1d6*5)[30]
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-07-22 at 01:01 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

10. - Top - End - #250

WHAT A TWIST!

Before she even managed to use her keen intellect for data gathering in the library, Amy saw some kind of commotions. With her keen robotic senses, she figured that there are actually two, somewhat unrelated commotion. The smaller one is about one or two people that spotted a curious looking tail that for some reasons, popped from a bush somewhere around the corner of the library. In fact, Amy can see the afromentioned tail wiggling in a somewhat hidden corner of the library's garden, just under a window.

The other commotion is... it seemed that something happened in the library. Amy can catch some words like...

'criminal... case'

OOC: I figured that you used cunning?
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-07-22 at 01:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

OOc: Nope, Skill (Although the line between the two can be pretty thin at moment. You want me to reroll with cunning ?)

IC:
    Amy

With a complete indifference, Amy decide not to check the tail. Even if it is what she think it is, that is absolutly none of her buisness.
    She will enter the library to check out what just happened. (and also because she still want to check those newspapers if she can.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-07-23 at 05:35 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Haru Narita

Hmmm. The library scene is starting to involve more characters. I'd better get over there quickly. But I need an in character reason to do so...

"Hey, I'm going to go sneak into the library and play rock and roll as loud as I can. Because defying those fascist librarians is totally metal and an awesome way to stick it to the man." And off he goes!

13. - Top - End - #253

Unseen, as much out of habit as any other reason, Hitomi slips in to the library behind Amy.

((OOC: assuming that's okay with everyone?))

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki followed Haru out, seeing no reason to stay when it would be him, the slave, and the crazy one.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Kuro (20/20) (8)

Kuro seeks the library vent to see what information she can gather on this strange occurance.

For the GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not rolling to see if Kuro gets a chance to see what's going on... after all, I Saw It! ;) I am rolling though to see if what she saw revealed any weaknesses or limitations of the "great detectives" personality. Luck: (1d6x5)[25]
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-07-23 at 07:59 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Susan Simpson (23/30) (4)

Susan turns to Haru as she too heads to the Library, "So you're rebellious in a very standard sort of way? That's... actually pretty Japanese now that I think about it.
    I'll probably alternate between reading things, and conspiring to make the lives of others a living hell."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-07-23 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #257

Kuro:

Spoiler
    Show
    Other than looking really smug and confident, Kuro can't really see anything interesting on Shinichi. And she got this gut feeling that, he is at least fairly competent at this snooping business.

You can't really see a weakness on him, at least right now. But you now got this feeling that his sidekick, for some reason, is TOO sidekick looking. Kuro saw enough tv to recognize all the sidekick tropes. Is it true that there is someone that's really born to be a bumbling sidekick?

Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blah. later

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki walks over to Hitomi, reasoning that she seems to be the most practical of his fellow...

Minions, I suppose.

He was going to get rid of this. He probably would put his plan into action tomorrow. But he wanted to complete the preperation tonight. And, he still hadn't quieted his suspiscions about this quiet girl.

"Would you mind taking a walk with me?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Hitomi blinks at Taki. "Very well."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki walks out of the library calmly, not bothering to see if she was following. He first walked over to a Vending Machine, putting a few coins in it and getting a can of Cola. He looked over at where he was pretty sure she was, and shrugged.

"You want something?"

21. - Top - End - #261

She considers. "Milk tea."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki buys it wordlessly, considering the cash something in the nature of business investment, tossing it back to her. He then walked over and sat down on a bench, closing his eyes and leaning back.

"I haven't decided whether I'm going to join Miss Sakuraba's little crew yet, but I am curious. And beating a nationally known detective at his game sounds fun."

Taki opened his can, taking a sip.

"I seriously doubt our... friends would be any use on this. They might have their own strengths, but I haven't seem much proof of their usefulness. And since nobody took me up on my bet, no reason to try to do it the hard way. I think between us, we possess the skills necessary to take care of the good detective."

Taki sat back up, looking at her straight on.

"You up for trying? Or at least hearing me out?"

Taki took a sip from his can, waiting for her response.

23. - Top - End - #263

Hitomi studies the other in silence for a span. "What sign have you seen that I am more useful than they?

"For my part, I do wish to aid Sakuraba-sama. Seeing how the others approached this problem would teach me much that would help me to do that. But if you have an idea, I will hear it."

She takes a drink.
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2009-07-23 at 10:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki decided to answer her question first, before continuing.

"You seem... more practical then them, with the possible exception of... Amy I think it was. They all seem to be the kind of person that can't do something without trying to make it grandiose. I prefer to expend the minimal amount of effort. There is an elegance in efficiency. Or maybe I'm just lazy."

Taki shrugs. He really doesn't care which way she takes it.

"My plan requires only two people to work, and I need the other person to be someone who can be reliefd to do his or her part. You see why I choose you?

25. - Top - End - #265

Hitomi takes another sip.

"Let's hear it, then."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki smiled. His plan was a little over the top as well, but he had a feeling that was what would make it work. Anybody who went through such an attempt to align himself with Sherlock Holmes had a sense of... 'theatricality' to them.

"Alright."

Taki removed his glasses, cleaning them with his uniform as he spoke his dastardly plan.

Spoiler
    Show
    "It is quite simple. I will pretend to be an Assassin, sent by Ms. Sakuraba's illustrious father's former employer. After a suitable period of time, you will enter his room, and attack me. You will defeat me, and then explain to the good dectective my supposed point of origin, along with some truth's about Sakuraba Industries, and that they feared he was too close to discovery."

Taki set his glasses back on his face, smiling quietly.

"Rather simple, isn't it? Of course, there remain difficulties to be worked out, but those can be dealt with through further planning."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2009-07-23 at 10:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267

"You hope to set him on Sakuraba Industries to make trouble for them and distract him from us? It has potential. But who will he believe me to be working for?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki took a sip, and shrugged.

"That's something we need to figure out. We can either use one of the groups positioned against Sakuraba Industries, or one of the ones he has aligned himself with in the past. Both have potential."

29. - Top - End - #269

Hiro waved.

"Goodbye. Don't make too much trouble out there, you guys."

Kuro:

Spoiler
    Show
    Other than looking really smug and confident, Kuro can't really see anything interesting on Shinichi. And she got this gut feeling that, he is at least fairly competent at this snooping business.

You can't really see a weakness on him, at least right now. But you now got this feeling that his sidekick, for some reason, is TOO sidekick looking. Kuro saw enough tv to recognize all the sidekick tropes. Is it true that there is someone that's really born to be a bumbling sidekick?

You also heard that it seemed that all of the library's monthly allowance had been missing. Lucky, you also heard, that coincidentally, a teenage detective was there. He's investigating it right now.

Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    While browsing the old newspaper archive, you heard that it seemed that all of the library's monthly allowance had been missing. Lucky, you also heard, that coincidentally, a teenage detective was there. He's investigating it right now.

As you browsed the newspaper, you found a lot of articles about Shinichi.

He's the only son of a rather famous mystery writer. He lived in japan alone, since his parents lived in US. Since he got fragile health, his only friend in childhood was books, and after finding holmes, he idolized him. Like his idol, other than investigating, his other hobby is violin. His only regret is that he can't fence and fight like his idol because of his weak body.

He's only involved in cases regularly since highschool. He actually got his first 'real' case in his first year. Most of his cases are simple burglary, but there are one or two murders, and even some close encounter with the mob. With his newfound popularity, it's said that he got a lot of fans and enemies. He got a lot of threatening letters, but he said that its all rubbish, he never even got 'physically involved' with a criminal even once, even after he directly caused the folding of two yakuza family.

In each of his pictures, he always looked smug and confident. And in each of his picture, you can see his partner, just around the corner. In one interview, he said that Genta is his first real friend. In fact, before he met him just two years ago, he's not actually really interested in becoming a 'teenage detective', he simply want to be a mystery writer just like his dad, maybe with crime solving as a hobby. It's Genta that said that it'll be a waste of his talent.

From his picture, you can only say one thing about Genta's appearance. Perfect specimen of a bumbling sidekick.

On your new team-mate, you got a minor article about 'small time mad scientist named sampson or something got killed in a raid by the Amazing Vigilanteman.

You also got some article about the recent death of Evangeline's father a couple of months ago. He's killed in a freak whaling accident. The only survivor from his boat was his brother, Sakuraba Industries' handsome prince regent.

You also found an interesting article from ten years ago, about a fire in Sakuraba Mansion. Two people were found dead, the Sakuraba Family's butler, and an eccentric playboy businessman from Wayne industries.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Amy (2) (12/30)

Spoiler
    Show
    having gathered the info she needed, Amy closes the newspaper compilation and heads to the scene of the "crime" and melts into the crowd to see the "detective" in action.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The playboy from Wayne industries bit was hilarious.

Also very nice drawing of Susan in the OOC. it took me a bit of time to notice the tongue but I couldn't stop laughing once I did.
    Her left hand seems a little off though (a bit too small)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-07-23 at 07:33 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-