New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Goodbye, So Long, Farewell II

Well, I seem to no longer be turning into an Angry Marine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

?

Glad to hear you are less ragey Coid.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Im going on a small hiatus for a few months. I've been drowning in work recently and I don't seem to be able to keep up with my reading for my new study (Sociology) I'm beginning in a few weeks.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Banned

I'm outta here folks! I often drop in and out but this latest period of visiting has not been fun at all. Two slightly related things happened in this day alone that have just cinched it. I might come back, nothing is certain after all. Especially with me.

Peace! We out!

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Uh. Yeah. I hate coming back to this thread. I'm not gone, but something occurred today that freaks me out so badly I have issues posting now. I'll continue to post in the PbPs I'm a player in, but otherwise, don't expect to see me around much, if ever.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Uh. Yeah. I hate coming back to this thread. I'm not gone, but something occurred today that freaks me out so badly I have issues posting now. I'll continue to post in the PbPs I'm a player in, but otherwise, don't expect to see me around much, if ever.
    Ah, man. Sorry to hear that.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Good news everyone! I've got a delivery to make to the No Internet Planet in the Virtual Addiction Star System!

...is what Farnsworth would say if he were in my shoes.

So, I've been diagnosed with internet and gaming addiction. As such, I've to quit both in a week. Meaning I won't be able to come back for a long time after that.

Just wanted to say what crappy people you've been and how I'm never gonna miss you. Ever. You all suck and I'm glad to be rid of you.

((I intend to come back once my psychologist allows me to, even though it might not be as often as now. The above comment is a joke. Please don't ban me.))
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    So, I've been diagnosed with internet and gaming addiction.
    What?! We don't have any of that here!

Bye TRD. Good luck with life out in... that... place out... there. What do they call it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

TDR! We'll Wiss Moo! Also, so that you can come back all the faster, I reccomend you do a sport. I don't know if you already do a sport, but here are a few faves. I don't know if you already do one, or if you would want to do one, but here are some nevertheless.

1) Karate/ Kickboxing/ Other martial art that focuses on working out almost, if not more than, fighting/ technique. Doing this 4 times a week is awesome and, after the first few weeks you actually sorta know what it is you're doing (and in the long run can do like a zillion push ups)

2) Tennis. I did this for four years I would have continued but... that's a long story. I find it to be a fun pastime that you can play with friends. Also lessons are always good. And Pong doesn't count.

3) Kayaking Club. Excluding this summer, I did this three hours a day five days a week. And it's the most fun I've had in a long time.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    I'm outta here folks! I often drop in and out but this latest period of visiting has not been fun at all. Two slightly related things happened in this day alone that have just cinched it. I might come back, nothing is certain after all. Especially with me.

Peace! We out!
    Oh my god. After leaving this forum I stared into the abyss of mind crushing boredom, I was able to claw myself back here in time before I went absoloutley insane. So yeah... I'm back.

11. - Top - End - #611

Well, I've started college, and has it ever been horrible. But it didn't quite kill me, so here I am again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #612

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, I've started college, and has it ever been horrible. But it didn't quite kill me, so here I am again.
    Good to know that you're surviving, Rec! You still have time for Playgrounding these days?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #613

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Good to know that you're surviving, Rec! You still have time for Playgrounding these days?
    I have plenty of time. I just don't know if I have the willpower to do anything but drag myself to classes. Life really, really sucks right now. So I may well take a break again soon.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #614

No doubt someone is already reading this, ready to make some snarky comment about how I came back again. Well shut it, no snarky comments are allowed here.

Anyways, I kinda wanted to give a bit of an update. It's been a while since I announced that I was leaving, and I only popped in a few times after that. For those that missed the last memo, I'm going to be incredibly busy with studying in seminary to become a Catholic priest. Given that this will take up an enormous amount of time, I will simply no longer be showing up here again. Ever. Life is calling, I'm growing up, and moving on. Goodbye, it was fun. Thank you to those of you who were friendly with me and provided me with great discussion and entertainment. You know who you are better than my absent mind does, so I won't name any names. If anyone here feels some outrageous longing for me then contact me at [email protected]. Otherwise, goodbye.

*gracefully exits*
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2010-08-27 at 09:37 AM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #615

Oooookay... I don't quite see why you getting ordained means you have to rule out even the possibility of having some connection to this forum in the future, but whatever. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Oooookay... I don't quite see why you getting ordained means you have to rule out even the possibility of having some connection to this forum in the future, but whatever. Good luck, hope it works out for you.
    Well currently I'm about 8 years away from being ordained. However, those 8 years are filled with studying philosophy, praying, doing pastoral work (visiting the sick and poor, teaching, etc.), and learning theology. It's all very demanding, and for the last 4 years my summers will be spent helping run parishes. Once I am ordained, I will have a ton of work to do, since my diocese has a severe shortage of priests, which means that pretty much any parish that I'm assigned to will have an overload of work.

In the end, this is something that I am dedicating myself to totally, without any compromise.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #617

Still doesn't explain why the burning of bridges is a necessity.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't. It just means he'll have a crapton of work, don't expect him back. Why is that so hard?
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

19. - Top - End - #619
    Banned

This is Dragonprime. You've met, right? (For newcomers, Dragonprime used to have a revolving door relationship with quitting the forum, but he's had that under control for some time. Now it's just fodder for the occasional joke.)

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Heck, I think his revolving door relationship with quitting the stronger is even bigger then mine.

As I said before DP, good luck with life and have fun!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Dragonprime, you'd have many kudos if you could work your interest in D&D and whatnot in with your ministries, especially youth ministries. I think it would have been awesome to play D&D with my old pastor. It really is an awesome easy way to reach out to youth and teach.

GL to you, hope you'll pop in and check in every once in a while to let us know how everything is going!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

22. - Top - End - #622

I commend you on your dedication, DP, and I believe you are doing the right thing. I wish I could be as uncompromising as you. Good luck.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm leaving.

Not leaving the internet, but leaving nonetheless.

The fact is, I'm cruising through high school. Doable, and I'm getting good marks, but I could get better. Looking over my past week, I think I've spent more time in the playground than I have sleeping. I've made any number of attempts to cut down on how much time I spend here, and nothing works. Drastic measures are therefore called for.

Until I develop a work ethic, be that days, weeks or years, I shall not post in the playground. The closest I'll come is to see if OOTS has updated sometimes. I'll be back, of course, but that could be a long while away. My apologies to people in games with me or run by me, naturally, and I wish the playground as a whole happy gaming.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Well currently I'm about 8 years away from being ordained. However, those 8 years are filled with studying philosophy, praying, doing pastoral work (visiting the sick and poor, teaching, etc.), and learning theology. It's all very demanding, and for the last 4 years my summers will be spent helping run parishes. Once I am ordained, I will have a ton of work to do, since my diocese has a severe shortage of priests, which means that pretty much any parish that I'm assigned to will have an overload of work.

In the end, this is something that I am dedicating myself to totally, without any compromise.
    Good for you, buddy.
    I wish you the best

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #625

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    This is Dragonprime. You've met, right? (For newcomers, Dragonprime used to have a revolving door relationship with quitting the forum, but he's had that under control for some time. Now it's just fodder for the occasional joke.)
    *sticks head slightly through the revolving door*

Hush you. The distinction between a bored lazy high school student and a seminarian is a big one.

*pulls head back out*
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #626

We'll just go with "I find absolutes silly and rarely accurate".

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    We'll just go with "I find absolutes silly and rarely accurate".
    Given I've seen you advocate somethings in absolutes before, I find this... amusing. Not like I have place to talk, of course.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-08-28 at 03:56 PM.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

That's why she said "rarely" instead of "never".
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

DP, college student. I'm doing my thing, you yours. Thenk you.

The reason is the same, this place distracts us from what we should be doing.(even though that is no longer valid for me, since I pulled toghetter the willpower to just not go to Giant during workhours.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Given I've seen you advocate somethings in absolutes before, I find this... amusing. Not like I have place to talk, of course.
    Really? When? Usually I'm pretty careful about my qualifiers... It'd have to be something I feel really, really strongly about.