New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Facebook.
    It inspires silly ships.
    Dirk Kris Commented on Your Status
    Dirk Kris/FdL/Rabbit
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I r writing ships."
    "Be about me!"
    "Me too!"
    Rabbit looked back and forth between the two, her eyes quirking in confusion. Dirk and FdL seemed just so...eager.
    Slowly, she reached out, grabbing Dirk gently by the arms and pushing him closer to FdL, who she adjusted carefully as well.
    When she was done, the two were quite snuggly.
    And, erm, confused
    "Ta-da! Now you guys can have edition war arguments and make out!"
    "Not what I had in mind."
    "Me either." The younger girl couldn't help but giggle at their less than enthusiastic expression, and leaned forward to peck both of them on the cheek before bouncing off, mumbling something about finishing some series or another, pulling Curly back in, trying to do something for Helgraf...
    They were left in shocked silence.
    Teh gigglez was produced. ^^

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Little Rabbit is little evil today, I see.
    Ain't she always?

Not that I would know-I just like commenting on things totally unrelated to myself

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Facebook.
    It inspires silly ships.
    Dirk Kris Commented on Your Status
    Dirk Kris/FdL/Rabbit
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I r writing ships."
    "Be about me!"
    "Me too!"
    Rabbit looked back and forth between the two, her eyes quirking in confusion. Dirk and FdL seemed just so...eager.
    Slowly, she reached out, grabbing Dirk gently by the arms and pushing him closer to FdL, who she adjusted carefully as well.
    When she was done, the two were quite snuggly.
    And, erm, confused
    "Ta-da! Now you guys can have edition war arguments and make out!"
    "Not what I had in mind."
    "Me either." The younger girl couldn't help but giggle at their less than enthusiastic expression, and leaned forward to peck both of them on the cheek before bouncing off, mumbling something about finishing some series or another, pulling Curly back in, trying to do something for Helgraf...
    They were left in shocked silence.
    Cute. Very cute. And so very you.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

Boo!

Don't dye, err, dyke, err dy, errrrrrrr, die on me shipping!

Dun't you die on me.

I would go write a ship right now, but Dallas(I iz back, or atleast the name is. :P) is at school.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Another time to ressurect the thread. And what better way then the 9th installment of my self glorifying ship! As usual, here's part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7, and part 8.

Cast-
    Silverraptor
    Grim ranger
    Nameless
    Reinholdt

Spoiler
    Show
    'I'm sorry, sir. Can you please explain what you mean?'

Silverraptor sweeped his fingers and the map quickly showed the outskirts of the city. The streets inbetween the buildings were covered in a cloud of dust, atleast as high as the towering buildings. Outside the city, quickly setting up, was the enemy preparing an ambush. The robotic troops he commanded were entering the dust cloud, side by side, in each of the streets and advancing as one.

It's really self-explainitory. You see, according to Machiavelli's novel "The Prince", it is better to be feared then loved by your subjects. And in general sense, that's true. But it also has a weakness when it comes to war. The soldiers will fight for fear of your wrath, dying themselves because they know they'll die for sure if they turn on the leader. He then takes his fingers and points in the midst the tanks and troops who were lying in wait. His finger almost touches what looked like a communications output. That is where the commander in charge of this enemy batallion is. He rules through excessive force and is loved by no one in his army. In a fight where he has the advantage, such as against Vulion's unprepared nation, he can control his army with extreme ease. He curls his fingers and the outline of his troops appeared in the dust cloud. But if the situation were to suddenly turn on him...

'I get it now. All you really have to do is make the enemy more scared of you then they are of their commander they fear.'

Exactly! And that's were the love issue comes in. Because when they're more scared of us then they are of him, then there is no "loyalty" to get in the way. They will simply turn and run. They are almost as bad as mercenaries. The only differance is mercenaries will empty your funds, and then run when things turn against them.

'So, that's why you wanted the dust clouds. Then the enemy can't see how many of our troops are left. All they will know is an advancing army of robotic soldiers are coming out in perfect formation that doesn't end, no matter what they do.

And nothing says fear like a never ending supply of enemy reinforcements.

'Genius. Troops are almost in range.'

Silverraptor watched the map intently, grinning. Let the fun begin...

The commander of the Moral Justifiers was enraged. "You are all a bunch of cowards and will die like them! This new enemy is nothing more then a pathetic sack of dog crap! They only gained ground because you let them!"

He was yelling at a frightened sergant. 'B-But sir! These things are like nothing we've seen before!'

"No Excuses!" He pulls out a gun and shoots the sergant in the head, who collapse where he stood. He then reached out for a mike as two nervous privates were moving the body. "Attention all troops! We made a promise the the General that we would have this pathetic nation today! You may not care about keeping your promises, but I always do! So here's a promise to everyone of you! If anyone is caught abandoning your position or abandoning it, you will personally be tracked down and killed! I am making my final order! Not One Step Back!!!"

In response was the yells of his soldiers acknowledging what he said. The commander put the mike down and looked out.

^Sir? Maybe we better pull back and rethink this. We should analize what this new foe is capable of before trying something like this.^

The commander pointed the gun at the man who spoke. "Is this cowardice, Lieutenant?!"

^N-No sir! I was saying we should take a logical response!^

"We don't need logic in this kind of situation! This enemy is nothing! We outnumber them and are waiting for them to come to us! Everything will be alright!"

Just after he said that, he heard a faint sound coming from the city. He turned to look, but couldn't see anything yet in the cloud of dust. He distiguished what the sound was, and despite his best efforts, felt a twinge of fear himself.

What he heard was a soft rhythmic sound of marching footsteps. They were increasing in volume steadily, but the sound gave off something more. The sound of it was in perfect unison, and their were a lot of them. Each was giving off a faint metalic clank each step.

He saw his men start to shake a little with fear, and that brought him back to his authority. "Hold Your Position! We Will Win Through!"

Just then he saw the shadowed outlines of men appear at the same time in the dust clouds. "FIRE!!"

Machine gun fire and tank shells were all launched at the shadows. While he couldn't be sure, it looked like only the tank shells worked. But that was impossible, no one can wear bullet proof armor. It hasn't been invented yet.

Another row of shadowed people appeared. The disipline was obvious, they didn't seem at all disturbed that their first row was demolished. What was worse was the tanks hadn't had time to reload yet. "Fire at will!"

The soldiers open fire with their machine guns, yet nothing happened. And then he saw why. Emerging from the dust in perfect formation was a bunch of robotic soldiers. The moment they were clear of the dust, they opened fire themselves while staying in formation.

This blue laser fire was cutting through the cover for his soldiers and killing them in the process. Some of the robotic troops had devices that launched large explosive projectiles destroying several of his tanks.

The sounds of explosions announced that his tanks had finally reloaded and were firing. Most of the metalic soldiers were destroyed, yet more came from behind them. They didn't flinch and kept in the same formation, killing and destroying his troops.

^Uh... sir? We should retreat!^

The commander shot his lieutenant in the foot. "I didn't ask for your opinion!" He spoke out onto the intercom "Keep firing! Destroy every one of these metalic bastards!"

Then started emerging larger shapes from the clouds. At the same time, enormous tanks were coming out. Immediately they were launching rockets that were curving and hitting his troops behind cover and destroying more tanks.

"Anit-Tank Shells, FIRE NOW!"

The explosion of artillary shells fired and impacted a couple of Tarotanks, resulting in their explosion. But the Tarotanks were firing at a faster velocity. Every second, a plasma burst from the tank incenarated more and more of his troops.

"Get Those Anti-Tank Shells Reloaded! NOW!!"

The sound of propellors were coming from the city as well. Emerging quickly came a bunch of Satocoptors. They all quickly transformed, energy going into their propellors for shields.

The Anti-Tank shells had finished reloaded. One impacted the shield of a Satocoptor before it could fully charge, and it was cut apart from remaining shells. The other Satocoptors however, managed to deflect all the remaining shells with their shield, protecting the Tarotanks.

Then came the sound of Jet engines. He looks and he could see a few of his aircraft through the trees. He smiled with relief, he had air support now. Though no sooner had he thought that. The aircraft were consumed by missles from behind. Weird aircraft flew over, launching missles at his troops on the ground. Some even transform with energy flowing over their swords and dropped down on his troops, cutting through the remainder of his tanks.

One of his squads started to panic, but he quickly put a stop to it, having several of his anti-tanks shells fire into them.

He then turned just to see a Satocoptor turn it's cannon at him and fire. The blast flew past the lieutenant, who could feel intense heat and some of his clothes burning. ^Uh... sir^

A loud *Thud* hit the ground and at the lieutenant's feet were the blackened legs of his commander. Almost immidiatly, one of the remaining squads saw that their commander was dead and began to retreat. Just like a wild-fire virus, the contagious diseases of routing spread through the rest of the troops and they all began to abandon their postion and run.

'Their routing already. Satocoptor 112 has stated it has killed their commander.'

Excellent work! Now prepare everything. It's time to build a base.

Damn! Look at that!

He wiped them out like they were nothing! He is certainly a formidable foe.

Just then, Reinholdt cursed out loud. I need to get back to work on the time machine quickly!

What's the rush? Silverraptor is taking this war for us.

Yes he is! But what do you think he's going to do when he's done!

Grim Ranger and Nameless looked at each other. Crap! Then he'll be coming for us! The whole war will start again!

Not to mention, it will be difficult to get our troops to attack these machines he has, since they would have saved their lives...

And here is the end of this chapter. Tune in next time.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, very nice.

The ^'s are weird, though...
    Spoiler
    Show
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Heh, very nice.

The ^'s are weird, though...
    I was trying to distinguish between the commander and Lieutenant. Sorry.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Who wants to be in a Rabbit ship?
    Okay, who's a Star Wars nerd who identifies themselves as Jedi? Gender doesn't matter- I can work around preferences.
    I'm so obsessed >.O
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2009-11-09 at 09:33 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, who's a Star Wars nerd who identifies themselves as Jedi? Gender doesn't matter- I can work around preferences.
    I'm so obsessed >.O
    I do. I've never been shipped before! [Expected reference about "first time"].

. I'd love to be shipped.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    I do. I've never been shipped before! [Expected reference about "first time"].

. I'd love to be shipped.
    Mine.
    >>
    ::goes off to write::

— Iain S. Thomas

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Darn. Missed my chance. *fingers snap* Ah well..I need to make a proper avatar first anyway.

...<.<; And maybe RP a little in the Town...but gosh that thing is huge. *Trembles in fear* I must not fear, fear is the killer, fear is the little death inside...

*POOF*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Darn. Missed my chance. *fingers snap* Ah well..I need to make a proper avatar first anyway.

...<.<; And maybe RP a little in the Town...but gosh that thing is huge. *Trembles in fear* I must not fear, fear is the killer, fear is the little death inside...

*POOF*
    Ever need help with the town and it's ilk don't hesitate to ask people there are friendly and except for me don't bite.

Still has unfinished ships that really need to be done >.< , Perhaps I'll post the first part of my Nano novel.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

I'm so obsessed >.O
    *head pokes out of hole*
    Star Wars? :D Yes please.

*goes off to read Silver's ship*

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Firbolg in the Playground

*POOF*
    Don't be afraid of it. It can't hurt you unless you let it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

curses, missed my chance as well. Such is life.

In the meantime, have a ship from me. Some new faces, so let's take one new face and one old hand and see what shows up, shall we?

The City Never Sleeps
    Silverraptor/Curly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rain beat against the window of the small, cramped office. Sitting at his desk, Silver didn't pay it any attention. Rain was too common around here for him to even notice it anymore. He noticed the smaller things instead. The sounds of the city, distant cars, the fact that he still needed to get a new nameplate for his desk. The old one had broken last week.

Night had fallen some hours ago, but Silver's office never closed. He was always there, and the motto under the logo on the window explained why: 'crime doesn't sleep. Neither do we.' It was just him, of course, but putting 'we' on the sign had seemed much more official somehow.

A bell rang as the door was pushed open, and Silver raised his head. Evening, ma'am. What can I do for you?

The young woman who had entered the tiny space looked out of place this late at night. Her clothes were soaked by the rain, though they did not appear to be the sort that were once expensive. That was good. Not sensible to wear expensive clothing on a night like this one.

Actually, it's what I can do for you. I'm looking for a job.

That earned a raised eyebrow. Really now? I usually work alone...

The sign says 'we', she pointed out. Figures that would come back to bite him.

That it does. Alright. What can you do?

Paperwork, mostly. I'm good with words. You need someone to type up your findings, don't you? The woman smiled a knowing smile as she spoke.

That set off multiple alarms. Ostensibly, this was a detective agency, but Silver's actual business was a little different. For the right price, he investigated paranormal activity as well as regular crime. But not just anyone knew that. He leaned back in his chair, sliding open the desk drawer in the same motion. A loaded revolver lay inside, within easy reach in case he needed it.

Go on...

Well, I'm observant, as you've probably guessed by now. I notice things others might miss. You won't, for example, be needing the gun in that drawer. I only came here to ask for a job.

That surprised him as well. He was sure she hadn't been able to see the revolver from where she was standing by the door. Very well. I'll give it a shot, and we'll see how you do, miss...

Curly. You may call me Curly.

Alright then, miss Curly. You've got yourself a job.

Thank you, Silver. I'll get started immediately. Curly stepped around a pile of papers and slid through the door to the back room.

Outside, the rain continued its incessant drumbeat. In the distance, someone screamed. The city was always awake, and Silver's work was never done. He pushed the drawer closed and stood up. Once more, the need for a new nameplate floated through his mind.

Then it connected with something else.

Silver glanced towards the back room door, and bit his lip. He had never told her his name.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I missed it, too. But I'm not the best choice for a Jedi anyway, unless you count the Sith...

I miss Koorli.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooooo...

Nice ship Destro!

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nice, Des.
    Also, Rabbs, if ye be needin' another victim, I be volunteerin'.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

For those who missed out, I'm sure I'll be writing lots more ships set in the SW universe, so you'll all get your chances.
    I promise <3

As for now, in the spoiler are spoilers, but also important background information. I s'pose the spoilers are only for episode three, so, if you haven't seen that yet and you don't want it ruined, don't read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This ship takes place between Order 66 (the part in Episode III when the Clones turned on their Jedi Generals) and Episode IV, most commonly referred to as the Great Jedi Purge. Which, I mean, is pretty straight forward. Vader was hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi.
    Mandalorians, for those of you who don't know, are my favorite things to come out of Star Wars ever. They're a culture built upon warriors, mostly nomadic, and many of the bounty hunters in Star Wars (::cough:: Boba and Jango Fett::cough::) are Mandalorians, or follow the Mandalorian code.
    And I think that's all the ship includes that isn't explained. So, um, yeah >>

Children of Mandalore
    Mr. Mud/Rabbit (With a very, very short appearance by Dirk Kris =D)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He'd been running for so long. Eternities, nested chaotically in his mind, wounds of his memory that would never scab over and scar. His legs were exhausted, his feet sore, though neither could compare to the state of his mind.
    The anxious whisperings of the Force that wound its tendrils through his thoughts, his soul. It never let him rest. The images of faces, younglings, Padawans, Knights, Masters, all gone from reality, but stuck firmly in his minds eye as a reminder.
    And of all the immortalized faces, hers was the most frequent, the most beautiful, the most tragic. As quickly as his feet could carry him away from the searching 501st, colloquially known as Vader's Fist, they could not carry him away from the nightmares of her.

She had been a Padawan during the Clone Wars, just as he had. Cheerful, eager, just like a young, inexperienced soldier should be. Strict in her faith to the Force, the jedi ways, but ever so self-reliant, Rabbit had intrigued Mud. And when they were younger, in the Academy, she was the only one who's wits stood up to his, her grades neck and neck with his own.
    They spoke often, even as the wars pushed them, too young, to be promoted to Padawans, given away to Masters, forced to fight for the glory of the Galactic Republic that would soon turn its guns on them.
    Alongside the clones, they fought, watching their fellow Jedi slaughtered.
    Through it all, they remained close.

Jedi weren't meant to fall in love. It meant attachment, which meant weakness, which lead to anger, jealousy, fear- all symptoms of a fall to the dark side. Even so, it wasn't uncommon for young Jedi, Padawans, to become infatuated with eachother.
    "You'll grow out of it, Padawan." Master Dirk patted Mud gently on the head.
    "The Force will fill you, and you'll easily be able to deny your lust. Of course, Padawan Rabbit and you will remain close, but without such faults and impurities. The attachment will remain neutral, harmless. Such is the way of the Jedi."
    Dirk was dead now, killed in Order 66, and Mud had never bothered to listen to him. Not as he secretly snuck off in the middle of the night to see Rabbit, not as their soft lips touched, as their hands intertwined, as they whispered vows of love and eternity to eachother.
    Not even as Mud watched her cornered, Clones to the front of her, cliffs to the back of her, the frantic look of terror so clear on her face as she clung hopelessly to her indigo lightsaber.
    He couldn't watch as he body was pitched to the bottom, a rocky, horrible fate of nothingness awaiting her.

So he ran. Away from the Clones they had once lead to battle, death, her body and the world that continued on despite her absence, he ran and hid and ran. The Republic became an Empire, and so many civilians went on, as if the stability around them was not built upon death and betrayal.
    The Force was no comfort to him, but he watched and listened. The Jedi were outlaws, what few had escaped the massacre and the on-going purge. One of their own, a once glorious General Jedi, lead the hunt, mercilessly and vengefully killing.
    Mud sought him out. If Vader was gone, the Empire would be gone, and so would the backstabbing army that had killed Rabbit.

Not exactly my best idea... The jedi was again running, this time a ghostly figure in ebony hot on his trail. He needed an escape; The corridors could only protect him for so long.
    Left, left, now a right...and, finally, there was fresh air. And a cliffside.
    A dead end. He had found the outside, only to be given nothing but a fifty foot drop to jagged and sharp rocks.
    Perhaps like the one Rabbit had been given.
    Behind him, the slow, deliberate steps of a Sith Lord, deep, mechanical, sinful breathing meant to intimidate reaching his ears.
    "I suppose this is it, then." Death. Death would come to him one way or another, finally, with a choice Rabbit had not been afforded.
    Mud could fall to his death like his lover, or be cut down, bravely, by the one who had initiated it all.
    His knees shook with terror.
    His hair stood on end with the strong winds from a ship that had just stopped short of ramming into him.
    "Get in."
    The helm of a Mandalorian warrior peeked down from the drop, and Mud hesitated, the split visor so similar to those of the clones.
    "Get in, or die." It was a very commanding voice, that, and entirely genderless, vented through the helmet. Mud found that he couldn't deny it, and jumped in, just as the ship took flight once more.
    The Mandalorian warrior clicked a few buttons on its arm, opening communications with the pilot droid.
    "Set the course. We're going home."
    "Where are we going, exactly? Excuse my distrust, but even I know the Mandalorians aren't too taken with Jedi."
    The figure stopped in its tracks, sighing, and spoke once more.
    "We're going to Mandalore. You shouldn't worry; the Mando'ad took in quite a few lost Jedi after Order 66. And, of course, the renegade Troopers who refused to pull the trigger. The whole place is full of refugees who took the pledge of Resol'nare."
    Mud remained silent, frowning, his hands nervously twitching over his lightsaber.
    "And what makes you think I'd take the Mando'a pledge?"
    The Mandalorian chuckled, lifting hands to remove the silver and green armored helmet from its head, shaking long umber hair free of its confines.
    "Well, we can't get married if you're Aruetii, outsider, not one of us." Rabbit's hazel eyes sparkled with a familiar mischief, her free hand reaching out to the shocked Jedi.
    "Bes'uliik got your tongue, cyar'ika?" Breaking his own silence, Mud laughed. Loud, long, until tears streamed from his eyes and he pulled the lost jedi-now Mandalorian woman into his arms.
    "Look, if we're going to get married, you're going to have to teach me that crazy language."

Not exactly what I had intended, but I'm writing it as part of my NaNo, so editing and such isn't my first concern. Hopefully, it isn't a letdown.

— Iain S. Thomas

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

*cries happily for Mud*
    Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    *cries happily for Mud*
    Yay.
    O.O; Reinholdt? What the heck happened? When did you become the new Catwoman?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

O.O; Reinholdt? What the heck happened? When did you become the new Catwoman?
    Two days ago.
    *whips*

Not like I could show up looking like you. That'd just confuse everyone whenever we posted in the same place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Now Rein can be real damsel in distress, with less risk of being abducted by the ladies

*avoids the whip and taunts some more*
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2009-11-11 at 06:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

<snipzorz>
    I cried. And this time, it's not because I have the flu, mono and bronchitis all at once ! Well no, I didn't cry, but that was still awesome Rabbs .

Hmm... I'm beginning to like this whole shipping business...

*wanders off to lurk* Wait, am I part of your NaNo? ?

EDIT: Rein, until now, I thought you were a Masochistic Catgirl... .
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-11-10 at 03:48 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

Very much enjoyed the new ships. Now, to break the trend of good stuff before it gets out of hand, the next bit of my setting setup.

Restoration
    Starring Ghost_Warlock and Brandi, with Reinholdt and Kara_Kuro mentioned
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadows danced along the walls in time with the flickering flames of candles. The bare stone of the floor had been sanded and polished until it gleamed as if illuminated by an inner light. In the center of the room, the man knelt with a chisel, carefully etching a runic pattern into the softly glowing rock.

He stood slowly as he finished the design, legs wobbling after countless hours folded underneath his body, and examined his work. The gentle curves giving way to sudden whorls, lines, abrupt corners… all was ready. He unsheathed the silver dagger at his belt and slashed his forearm. He held the blade underneath the wound, taking care to catch every drop of blood, tilting the knife so that it received a smooth, even coat. That done, he transferred the dagger to his other hand, muttered a quick incantation, and ran his fingers over his arm, wincing as black flames licked the wound, cleansing and sealing it. Returning his attention to the dagger, he began to chant and wave it through the air in intricate patterns, watching as it began to glow, the light distorted and reddened by the blood upon it, until it shattered into a swirling vortex or silver and crimson that became so intermixed they could no longer be recognized as disparate substances. He held his hand underneath the whirlwind as it collapsed into a pile of dust, raised it to his lips, and blew it over the pattern, where it settled into the etched lines. The subtly glowing stone flashed as the last of the flakes eased into the runes.

Flushed with exhilaration at his triumph, he strode to the center of the pattern, a white mist rising from the stone to the height of his knees as he walked. Pale, greenish lights flickered within the cloud as the various runes began to give off their own light. The man stood within the gathering mist, eyes closed, head drooping back, his hands at his sides with the palms forward, and simply breathed, basking in the rush of coalescing power.

He opened his eyes and glanced around the chamber. The candles were out, snuffed by the mist or burnt all the way down, he neither knew nor cared. The cold glare of the runes supplied more than enough light for him. With a sigh, he stepped out of the pattern and departed the chamber, closing and locking the door behind him. He had designed the spell to reach full potency at the next moonless midnight, nearly two weeks away, and he still had other preparations to see to…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A firm knock resounded throughout the cottage. Brandi hurried to the door and was surprised to find the man at her threshold. She threw her arms around him, exclaiming, “It’s great to see you!”

A small smile played over his lips at memories of the times they had shared before Kara had entered his life, and he saw the same recollections in her eyes as she stepped back. “I missed you. How have you been?”

“Well, you know I got married…”

“Really? Who’s the lucky guy?”

“His name is Reinholdt. He’s the captain merchant ship. He just set sail a few days ago to the Coral Coast.” A wistful look swept across her face.

“That’s on the other side of the world! He’ll be gone for weeks!”

“Yeah. But he always brings me such nice things when he gets back from his trips.”

“Well, why don’t you come over tonight? The servants always make too much for me to eat. We can relive the old days.”

She gave him a mischievous grin. “All of the old days?”

The man blushed. “Well, maybe not all of them, but it would be nice to have company.”

“Sounds great. I’ll be there.”

The man smiled coldly at the knock and the ensuing sound of the outer doors opening to admit his guest. An hour late – right on time. He cracked the bottle of wine he had set aside for the occasion, upended a pouch of yellowish powder into her goblet, and poured. He was just setting the glasses down when she entered.

She was as radiant as ever. A long, form-fitting gown of dark green velvet swept past her ankles, a string of fine pearls woven into her long blonde hair… And, to cap it all, the simple silver pendant he had given her all those years ago. His hand bore the ring she had given him that night. He ushered her to a seat near the end of the table and sat opposite her, brushing her foot with his own as he pulled his chair forward, eliciting a blush and a shy smile from her. He raised his glass; she lifted hers and they met with a musical clink.

They reminisced together throughout the meal. As the night drew on, she rose and hid a yawn behind her hand. “Thank you for a lovely evening. I really should be going, though.”

He stood as well. “Are you certain? It’s so late. Why don’t you just stay here tonight? I’ll have a guest room made up for you.”

She grinned and came around the table. “I don’t think the guest room will be necessary.”

“So you’ll stay the night? Good. I have something I want to show you.”

“Oh, I’ve seen it many times before. I’m sure you remember. And I’m looking forward to seeing it again.” She stumbled slightly as she stepped into his arms, feeling a warm lethargy spreading through her body.

His lips met hers, and they remained as they were for several minutes, before he broke the kiss and slipped her around to his side. “I meant something else. Come.”

She was leaning heavily against him by the time they reached the bottom of the stairs and he opened the door. The cloud was waist-high, tendrils of mist sweeping throughout the room, the glowing runes casting the whole chamber in emerald light.

His eyes sparkled as he eased her to a seat against the wall, and he walked into the mist, black and red ripples spreading in his wake. He turned to face her and raised his arms as he began to chant in a long forgotten, forbidden tongue.

A brilliant portal opened in the air between them. A dark chain lashed through it, binding a spectral shape and yanking it through into the room with them. Another cord formed between his hand and Brandi’s throat. The chain cracked, whiplike, propelling the spirit toward the woman as a leash formed around her throat. He snapped his wrist, twisting the cord and chain together. Brandi screamed as her own soul was ripped from her body and the chained spirit transplanted into it. The man cast Brandi’s soul through the portal and slammed it closed. Her body lay in a sobbing heap on the floor.

“What have you done?”

It was her voice. It had worked. Kara had returned to him.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?”
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Firbolg in the Playground

For those who missed out, I'm sure I'll be writing lots more ships set in the SW universe, so you'll all get your chances.
    I promise <3

As for now, in the spoiler are spoilers, but also important background information. I s'pose the spoilers are only for episode three, so, if you haven't seen that yet and you don't want it ruined, don't read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This ship takes place between Order 66 (the part in Episode III when the Clones turned on their Jedi Generals) and Episode IV, most commonly referred to as the Great Jedi Purge. Which, I mean, is pretty straight forward. Vader was hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi.
    Mandalorians, for those of you who don't know, are my favorite things to come out of Star Wars ever. They're a culture built upon warriors, mostly nomadic, and many of the bounty hunters in Star Wars (::cough:: Boba and Jango Fett::cough::) are Mandalorians, or follow the Mandalorian code.
    And I think that's all the ship includes that isn't explained. So, um, yeah >>

Children of Mandalore
    Mr. Mud/Rabbit (With a very, very short appearance by Dirk Kris =D)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He'd been running for so long. Eternities, nested chaotically in his mind, wounds of his memory that would never scab over and scar. His legs were exhausted, his feet sore, though neither could compare to the state of his mind.
    The anxious whisperings of the Force that wound its tendrils through his thoughts, his soul. It never let him rest. The images of faces, younglings, Padawans, Knights, Masters, all gone from reality, but stuck firmly in his minds eye as a reminder.
    And of all the immortalized faces, hers was the most frequent, the most beautiful, the most tragic. As quickly as his feet could carry him away from the searching 501st, colloquially known as Vader's Fist, they could not carry him away from the nightmares of her.

She had been a Padawan during the Clone Wars, just as he had. Cheerful, eager, just like a young, inexperienced soldier should be. Strict in her faith to the Force, the jedi ways, but ever so self-reliant, Rabbit had intrigued Mud. And when they were younger, in the Academy, she was the only one who's wits stood up to his, her grades neck and neck with his own.
    They spoke often, even as the wars pushed them, too young, to be promoted to Padawans, given away to Masters, forced to fight for the glory of the Galactic Republic that would soon turn its guns on them.
    Alongside the clones, they fought, watching their fellow Jedi slaughtered.
    Through it all, they remained close.

Jedi weren't meant to fall in love. It meant attachment, which meant weakness, which lead to anger, jealousy, fear- all symptoms of a fall to the dark side. Even so, it wasn't uncommon for young Jedi, Padawans, to become infatuated with eachother.
    "You'll grow out of it, Padawan." Master Dirk patted Mud gently on the head.
    "The Force will fill you, and you'll easily be able to deny your lust. Of course, Padawan Rabbit and you will remain close, but without such faults and impurities. The attachment will remain neutral, harmless. Such is the way of the Jedi."
    Dirk was dead now, killed in Order 66, and Mud had never bothered to listen to him. Not as he secretly snuck off in the middle of the night to see Rabbit, not as their soft lips touched, as their hands intertwined, as they whispered vows of love and eternity to eachother.
    Not even as Mud watched her cornered, Clones to the front of her, cliffs to the back of her, the frantic look of terror so clear on her face as she clung hopelessly to her indigo lightsaber.
    He couldn't watch as he body was pitched to the bottom, a rocky, horrible fate of nothingness awaiting her.

So he ran. Away from the Clones they had once lead to battle, death, her body and the world that continued on despite her absence, he ran and hid and ran. The Republic became an Empire, and so many civilians went on, as if the stability around them was not built upon death and betrayal.
    The Force was no comfort to him, but he watched and listened. The Jedi were outlaws, what few had escaped the massacre and the on-going purge. One of their own, a once glorious General Jedi, lead the hunt, mercilessly and vengefully killing.
    Mud sought him out. If Vader was gone, the Empire would be gone, and so would the backstabbing army that had killed Rabbit.

Not exactly my best idea... The jedi was again running, this time a ghostly figure in ebony hot on his trail. He needed an escape; The corridors could only protect him for so long.
    Left, left, now a right...and, finally, there was fresh air. And a cliffside.
    A dead end. He had found the outside, only to be given nothing but a fifty foot drop to jagged and sharp rocks.
    Perhaps like the one Rabbit had been given.
    Behind him, the slow, deliberate steps of a Sith Lord, deep, mechanical, sinful breathing meant to intimidate reaching his ears.
    "I suppose this is it, then." Death. Death would come to him one way or another, finally, with a choice Rabbit had not been afforded.
    Mud could fall to his death like his lover, or be cut down, bravely, by the one who had initiated it all.
    His knees shook with terror.
    His hair stood on end with the strong winds from a ship that had just stopped short of ramming into him.
    "Get in."
    The helm of a Mandalorian warrior peeked down from the drop, and Mud hesitated, the split visor so similar to those of the clones.
    "Get in, or die." It was a very commanding voice, that, and entirely genderless, vented through the helmet. Mud found that he couldn't deny it, and jumped in, just as the ship took flight once more.
    The Mandalorian warrior clicked a few buttons on its arm, opening communications with the pilot droid.
    "Set the course. We're going home."
    "Where are we going, exactly? Excuse my distrust, but even I know the Mandalorians aren't too taken with Jedi."
    The figure stopped in its tracks, sighing, and spoke once more.
    "We're going to Mandalore. You shouldn't worry; the Mando'ad took in quite a few lost Jedi after Order 66. And, of course, the renegade Troopers who refused to pull the trigger. The whole place is full of refugees who took the pledge of Resol'nare."
    Mud remained silent, frowning, his hands nervously twitching over his lightsaber.
    "And what makes you think I'd take the Mando'a pledge?"
    The Mandalorian chuckled, lifting hands to remove the silver and green armored helmet from its head, shaking long umber hair free of its confines.
    "Well, we can't get married if you're Aruetii, outsider, not one of us." Rabbit's hazel eyes sparkled with a familiar mischief, her free hand reaching out to the shocked Jedi.
    "Bes'uliik got your tongue, cyar'ika?" Breaking his own silence, Mud laughed. Loud, long, until tears streamed from his eyes and he pulled the lost jedi-now Mandalorian woman into his arms.
    "Look, if we're going to get married, you're going to have to teach me that crazy language."

Not exactly what I had intended, but I'm writing it as part of my NaNo, so editing and such isn't my first concern. Hopefully, it isn't a letdown.
    Well that was simply excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Very much enjoyed the new ships. Now, to break the trend of good stuff before it gets out of hand, the next bit of my setting setup.

Restoration
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadows danced along the walls in time with the flickering flames of candles. The bare stone of the floor had been sanded and polished until it gleamed as if illuminated by an inner light. In the center of the room, the man knelt with a chisel, carefully etching a runic pattern into the softly glowing rock.

He stood slowly as he finished the design, legs wobbling after countless hours folded underneath his body, and examined his work. The gentle curves giving way to sudden whorls, lines, abrupt corners… all was ready. He unsheathed the silver dagger at his belt and slashed his forearm. He held the blade underneath the wound, taking care to catch every drop of blood, tilting the knife so that it received a smooth, even coat. That done, he transferred the dagger to his other hand, muttered a quick incantation, and ran his fingers over his arm, wincing as black flames licked the wound, cleansing and sealing it. Returning his attention to the dagger, he began to chant and wave it through the air in intricate patterns, watching as it began to glow, the light distorted and reddened by the blood upon it, until it shattered into a swirling vortex or silver and crimson that became so intermixed they could no longer be recognized as disparate substances. He held his hand underneath the whirlwind as it collapsed into a pile of dust, raised it to his lips, and blew it over the pattern, where it settled into the etched lines. The subtly glowing stone flashed as the last of the flakes eased into the runes.

Flushed with exhilaration at his triumph, he strode to the center of the pattern, a white mist rising from the stone to the height of his knees as he walked. Pale, greenish lights flickered within the cloud as the various runes began to give off their own light. The man stood within the gathering mist, eyes closed, head drooping back, his hands at his sides with the palms forward, and simply breathed, basking in the rush of coalescing power.

He opened his eyes and glanced around the chamber. The candles were out, snuffed by the mist or burnt all the way down, he neither knew nor cared. The cold glare of the runes supplied more than enough light for him. With a sigh, he stepped out of the pattern and departed the chamber, closing and locking the door behind him. He had designed the spell to reach full potency at the next moonless midnight, nearly two weeks away, and he still had other preparations to see to…

A firm knock resounded throughout the cottage. Brandi hurried to the door and was surprised to find the man at her threshold. She threw her arms around him, exclaiming, “It’s great to see you!”

A small smile played over his lips at memories of the times they had shared before Kara had entered his life, and he saw the same recollections in her eyes as she stepped back. “I missed you. How have you been?”

“His name is Reinholdt. He’s the captain merchant ship. He just set sail a few days ago to the Coral Coast.” A wistful look swept across her face.

“Yeah. But he always brings me such nice things when he gets back from his trips.”

“Well, why don’t you come over tonight? The servants always make too much for me to eat. We can relive the old days.”

The man blushed. “Well, maybe not all of them, but it would be nice to have company.”

The man smiled coldly at the knock and the ensuing sound of the outer doors opening to admit his guest. An hour late – right on time. He cracked the bottle of wine he had set aside for the occasion, upended a pouch of yellowish powder into her goblet, and poured. He was just setting the glasses down when she entered.

She was as radiant as ever. A long, form-fitting gown of dark green velvet swept past her ankles, a string of fine pearls woven into her long blonde hair… And, to cap it all, the simple silver pendant he had given her all those years ago. His hand bore the ring she had given him that night. He ushered her to a seat near the end of the table and sat opposite her, brushing her foot with his own as he pulled his chair forward, eliciting a blush and a shy smile from her. He raised his glass; she lifted hers and they met with a musical clink.

They reminisced together throughout the meal. As the night drew on, she rose and hid a yawn behind her hand. “Thank you for a lovely evening. I really should be going, though.”

He stood as well. “Are you certain? It’s so late. Why don’t you just stay here tonight? I’ll have a guest room made up for you.”

She grinned and came around the table. “I don’t think the guest room will be necessary.”

“Oh, I’ve seen it many times before. I’m sure you remember. And I’m looking forward to seeing it again.” She stumbled slightly as she stepped into his arms, feeling a warm lethargy spreading through her body.

His lips met hers, and they remained as they were for several minutes, before he broke the kiss and slipped her around to his side. “I meant something else. Come.”

She was leaning heavily against him by the time they reached the bottom of the stairs and he opened the door. The cloud was waist-high, tendrils of mist sweeping throughout the room, the glowing runes casting the whole chamber in emerald light.

His eyes sparkled as he eased her to a seat against the wall, and he walked into the mist, black and red ripples spreading in his wake. He turned to face her and raised his arms as he began to chant in a long forgotten, forbidden tongue.

A brilliant portal opened in the air between them. A dark chain lashed through it, binding a spectral shape and yanking it through into the room with them. Another cord formed between his hand and Brandi’s throat. The chain cracked, whiplike, propelling the spirit toward the woman as a leash formed around her throat. He snapped his wrist, twisting the cord and chain together. Brandi screamed as her own soul was ripped from her body and the chained spirit transplanted into it. The man cast Brandi’s soul through the portal and slammed it closed. Her body lay in a sobbing heap on the floor.

“What have you done?”

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?”
    Certainly, a very interesting tale. Much better than your standard adultery story.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Now Rein can be real damsel in distress, with less risk of being abducted by the ladies

Oh yeah. Cause Catwoman really represents a damsel in distress...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    EDIT: Rein, until now, I thought you were a Masochistic Catgirl... .
    Wait... what?

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

Restoration
    Spoiler
    Show

“What have you done?”

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?”
    Mangosta is so good at dark and creepy and mean things.
    *glares at the unfaithful wife and the creep who killed her*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes head into thread*

Fine work all, fine work indeed. You may live... For now.
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Now Rein can be real damsel in distress, with less rick of being abducted by the ladies

Wise is the man who already has a gender-bent avatar in existence and refrains from taunting lest it be used as an illustration. . . (dangles said avatar just out of reach)

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Wise is the man who already has a gender-bent avatar in existence and refrains from taunting lest it be used as an illustration. . . (dangles said avatar just out of reach)
    What? He totally deserves it! And besides, it's not like I would become a lady by choice, inlike Reiny here