New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Time to Murder and Create - Amber Diceless

Roland

Roland extends his hand and leads Rose to the center of the dance floor. "I guess being a prince does have it's perks after all." He thinks to himself as he whirls Rose about in an energetic jazz dance.
    "Whatever Happens, you can face it on your feet" Lan, The Great Hunt

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime just raises a brow. "Maybe. In its place." He finishes his wine, getting up without a word to get another glass.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Peven

Peven nodded calmly, taking Random's hand and shaking it. His mother's evaluations would stay with him, but he did not plan on retreating into the Shadow. His mother had died protecting Amber. This is not the way she would have had it, but he would see this place.

"Do not worry, uncle. I do not intend on sneaking off into the Shadow. At least not yet. I'll stay for a while. I know I haven't been very sociable recently, but I've spent enough time with my grief."

Peven had resolved that before he came here. Sitting alone, trying to come to grips with it hadn't helped. His Mother was gone, and nothing would close the hole in his life that opened. It was better to find something to occupy him, then sit in contemplation of that.

"Have you had any word of Uncle Corwin?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Orick
    - to Forbes

"Of course we're enjoying ourselves. There's nothing like getting together with a family who just recently tried to kill each other. It's not like were huddled around the bar, imbibing fire water to take the edge off." Orick says with a smirk as he raises his glass in a feinting toast.
    <--- Avatar made by bayar

5. - Top - End - #35

Orick

"I like that," Forbes says with a nasty grin. "Yes, this little family reunion may just turn out to be some fun after all. Forbes, by the way. Caine's son," he says, extending a hand to Orick.

Peven

"'fraid not. I think he's off in his new Pattern. Can't say I blame him," Random says, looking around the room. "It's like a collection of snakes."

Jaime

Jaime reaches the knot of princes by the bar in time to hear Orick and Forbes have their exchange.

Roland

"I'm Rose, Prince Roland, daughter of your Aunt Floramel." She smiles, teeth glittering. "You dance very well."

6. - Top - End - #36

Orick

Orick takes Forbes's hand and shakes it firmly.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Gentlemen." Says Dyson, approaching the bar, nodding to Orick and Balthous. "Meet Pearl, daughter of Llewella. Pearl, this is Orick, Fiona's son and that is Balthous, son of Eric. Though we haven't properly met I couldn't help but overhear your introduction..." He glances at Forbes, and offers a handshake. "...I'm Dyson, son of Brand."

He shrugs. "As to your earlier question, 'Course I'm having fun. Life's a barrel of laughs, I'm currently unstabbed and something in this bar is likely to give me the one true hangover, of which all others are shadows." The light glints off his spectacles as he leans back, and pulls out a seat for Pearl, before ordering a tall glass of the good stuff.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Peven

Peven flashed a smile at Random.

"Just remember my Lord, they are your snakes now."

Peven was saddened by Corwin's withdrawl, if that's what it was, but he wouldn't let it drag him down.

"Now if you will excuse me, I believe I will talk to your much better looking half. I wouldn't want the Snakes growing agitated."

Peven laughed again, before walking over to Vialle. He knew her name, but not much more then that. His Mother had never told him much about her, beyond that the blind woman was Rebman of origin, and Randoms wife. Unlike the Wives of his Grandfather, including his Grandmother, it seemed likely she would play some roll in events to come.

"Hello my Queen. Or would you prefer if I called you Auntie? If I might have the honor of introducing myself, I'm Peven, son of Deidre."

Peven knew she had likely been listening to him speak to her Husband, but a formal introduction was always polite. And without her sight, it confirmed for her that she was speaking to him.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime finally steps forwards to speak, getting Dyson's attention. He puts on a charming smile. "So you're Brand's kid, eh? I suppose you must be one of a kind..." He smirks, and continues. "So, how well did you get to know father dearest?"
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2009-08-14 at 10:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Roland
    "As do you and there's no need to call me prince all the time. I get enough of that from the courtiers." Roland can't help but fear at being this close to a cousin. Despite the fact that his mind tells him he is in no danger in this setting, he can't help but wonder if he's about to get a knife in the gut. To calm his nerves, he begins to hum along with the tune in a pleasent, though not world-class, bass.

11. - Top - End - #41

Dyson considers Jaime for a moment, letting the light roll off his lenses.

"One of a kind? As far as I know, you're right." He takes the tumbler of whiskey, and kicks it back.

"And to answer your question, I met him twice in my life for less than five minutes each time. Which was fine by me, my foster parents are good people."

"Most of my foster relatives are good people."

He looks Jaime up and down again.

"Don't know about the biological ones. Jury's still out, there. Drink?"

Dyson offers him a glass full of amber liquid.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime laughs at the comment. "Oh, I assure you, I'm a paragon of all that is good and honest in this world. You can trust me." He laughs, and when offered a drink, he holds up his glass. "No, I already have one, though thanks for offering. Still, that is very, very interesting..."

13. - Top - End - #43

"Fair enough." Dyson pushes the empty glass he's holding away, and takes a pull of the one he just offered. He smiles. It might even be genuine.

"Actually, since you're the soul of honor, goodness and mercy, maybe you can answer a question?"

"We're standing in a room full of people who can go anywhere their minds can imagine, and do damn near anything they want to."

"What kind of things do people like that... Like this... talk about? Seems to me that the usual fallback about sports teams, wars, and weather don't work so well."

While he talks, he uses the eyeglasses to hide a quick check on Pearl.

Good. They're paying attention to me. If I read her right she's a bit shy... And that's dangerous in a situation like this. This'll let her get her feet wet, test the waters without having too much focus on HER... And if I guessed right, then she'll open a conversation on her terms. Then life'll be a bit easier for here, at least here and now.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2009-08-15 at 12:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Roland

"You know, everyone in this room, with the possible exceptions of Llewella and Pearl, and the current rulers, of course, wants the same thing, the throne. You have to wonder if any of them have ever given a thought to what they'll do if/once they get the damnable thing. It strikes me that they'll most likely just want to give it up again as soon as they get it, but won't dare for fear of the inevitable chaos. Some life."

15. - Top - End - #45

*cough....

16. - Top - End - #46

((I'm betting the GM disappeared.))