New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fred's Flying Fishy, Fighting, Fiery, Fantastic Face Off Random Banter #125

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    What about women who can transform into guitars?
    *breaks down crying*

Why!?!? Why did I blow up the imagination machine? Why, when so much awesome could have been created!?!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fred's Flying Fishy, Fighting, Fiery, Fantastic Face Off Random Banter #125

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    *breaks down crying*

Why!?!? Why did I blow up the imagination machine? Why, when so much awesome could have been created!?!
    Don't worry Dragonprime, I created a miniature version. It can only do a few wishes a day, and it can't create worlds, but I reckon it could make a woman who could turn into a guitar.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #243

Don't worry Dragonprime, I created a miniature version. It can only do a few wishes a day, and it can't create worlds, but I reckon it could make a woman who could turn into a guitar.
    Hmmmm, this shall indeed be useful.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmmm, this shall indeed be useful.
    Take it and make sure that no one else but yourself uses it. Understand?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #245
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Reality has already one-upped you...

My goodness, it's as if that mad cyclist downtown (who keeps a pipe of similar length and caliber tied down and duct-taped to his bike at all times) had actually got hold of enough coherent thought to realize the flaws in his plan. There's the friendly sort of bicycle-riding crazy, there's the functional sort of bicycle-riding crazy, and then there's. . .that guy.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    My goodness, it's as if that mad cyclist downtown (who keeps a pipe of similar length and caliber tied down and duct-taped to his bike at all times) had actually got hold of enough coherent thought to realize the flaws in his plan. There's the friendly sort of bicycle-riding crazy, there's the functional sort of bicycle-riding crazy, and then there's. . .that guy.
    It must have been the Mythbusters. That cannon probably fires raw chickens.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #247

It must have been the Mythbusters. That cannon probably fires raw chickens.
    But what if it fired cooked chickens? Think of how much you could eat by aiming the cannon into your mouth!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

But what if it fired cooked chickens? Think of how much you could eat by aiming the cannon into your mouth!
    Dude, they tested it on an aircraft cockpit and each chicken shattered the front windows. I wouldn't fire that at myself even if I was paid an absurd amount of money.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #249

Dude, they tested it on an aircraft cockpit and each chicken shattered the front windows. I wouldn't fire that at myself even if I was paid an absurd amount of money.
    Clearly you're jaws are too weak to handle the intensity of cannon-fired chicken. Go out and fight until you've leveled up enough to handle this sort of eating.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Clearly you're jaws are too weak to handle the intensity of cannon-fired chicken. Go out and fight until you've leveled up enough to handle this sort of eating.
    DEMON SOUL POWER!
    *Gains spiky hair, red skin, torn up martial arts clothes and a necklace of evil beads*
    SHINKU GOU-HADOKEN!
    *Fires Super Demon-Fireball at*
    Street Fighter is one of the best beat 'em up games and you know it.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #251

DEMON SOUL POWER!
    *Gains spiky hair, red skin, torn up martial arts clothes and a necklace of evil beads*
    SHINKU GOU-HADOKEN!
    *Fires Super Demon-Fireball at*
    Street Fighter is one of the best beat 'em up games and you know it.
    Interesting. Can you use this fireball for cooking? I bet it would save me a lot of time during barbecues.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting. Can you use this fireball for cooking? I bet it would save me a lot of time during barbecues.
    Well, it's a demon fireball. And the Shinku version is more of a large beam of demon energy.

Shoryuken is dragon punch, which is a rising-spinning-flaming-uppercut. The Shinku version has 3 consecutive Shoryukens and then a big jumping one with even more fire.

Tatsumaki Senpyaku is a Hurricane kick, and the Shinku version has added lightning.

Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #253

Well, it's a demon fireball. And the Shinku version is more of a large beam of demon energy.

Shoryuken is dragon punch, which is a rising-spinning-flaming-uppercut. The Shinku version has 3 consecutive Shoryukens and then a big jumping one with even more fire.

Tatsumaki Senpyaku is a Hurricane kick, and the Shinku version has added lightning.

So it won't just cook the meat, but it will also tenderize it? This is excellent.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

So it won't just cook the meat, but it will also tenderize it? This is excellent.
    Indeed it is. I also have a Mid-Air version of Demon Fireball, which is a rapid barrage of Demon Fireballs from the air.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #255

Kitchens hurt.
    Because ours arrived today. All seventy boxes and one bag of it. All stashed in important places around the house and accounted for on our recepit.
    And the floor came too.
    277 or so half inch thick blue slate tiles. I ended up standing bent double in the van handing out the tiles to the Curlykin and the tile man. I got tired, achey and nipped hands because of this.
    And we're going to have to move the tiles again on Sunday because we had to put them in the half - done kitchen and the builders can't work in there with all the tiles stored there.

So kitchens hurt. Quite a lot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

You know what's awesome? Bombes are awesome. Specifically, a scoop of lemon sorbet coated with dark chocolate. Mmmm...
    Amazingly cool avatar by Mauve Shirt. May she ever be promoted and not demoted! *promotes*
    Books are a mind-altering substance. Therefore, I am high all the time.
    My old avatars. Thanks, y'all!
    Some poetry I've written. Constructive criticism warmly welcomed.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Kitchens hurt.
    Because ours arrived today. All seventy boxes and one bag of it. All stashed in important places around the house and accounted for on our recepit.
    And the floor came too.
    277 or so half inch thick blue slate tiles. I ended up standing bent double in the van handing out the tiles to the Curlykin and the tile man. I got tired, achey and nipped hands because of this.
    And we're going to have to move the tiles again on Sunday because we had to put them in the half - done kitchen and the builders can't work in there with all the tiles stored there.

Have you considered using slave labor to do everything for you?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Have you considered using slave labor to do everything for you?
    She IS the slave labor.

19. - Top - End - #259

Family: ancient word meaning "free labor."

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    She IS the slave labor.
    Ahh, then I believe that the best course of action for Curly is to outsource her job.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Kitchens hurt.
    And the floor came too.

Once we'd managed to get the tiles for my kitchen up to my flat, we just dragged them in the boxes from one moderately inconvenient location to a slightly less inconvenient location until they were finally... uh... placed, tiled? Whatever one does with tiles.

My main problem when I got my kitchen done was sawdust. So much sawdust. I am still wiping sawdust out of corners of my kitchen/lounge four months after the damn thing was finished.

22. - Top - End - #262

She IS the slave labor.
    Story of my life.
    Koorly, go here, there and everywhere. But not there!

Best part? The bathroom comes next week and we're alreay so out of space at home that Littlest Brother literally has the kitchen sink in his bedroom.

I made the obvious joke first. Then mum, the Little Sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Family: ancient word meaning "free labor."
    If I have sig space I am going to sig that. Because it's both true and hilarious.

Ahh, then I believe that the best course of action for Curly is to outsource her job.
    Tile Man and siblings were the outsourcing. Heck, I managed to coerce Mouse into doing some carrying. Which was rare as he doesn't do physical labour. Or any labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Once we'd managed to get the tiles for my kitchen up to my flat, we just dragged them in the boxes from one moderately inconvenient location to a slightly less inconvenient location until they were finally... uh... placed, tiled? Whatever one does with tiles.
    Our floor didn't come in boxes. It came loose. Hence the worries over bleeding on the tiles, cracking them or marring them in any way.
    The parents couldn't care less about the living creatures in the house, but the tiles cost money.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the color test: I scored a 57. I have no idea what this means.
    It means your colour vision sucks. Like mine. I got a 98. >.>

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    It means your colour vision sucks. Like mine. I got a 98. >.>
    Maaaaaan.

My trouble is, I can see that something's wrong with the gradation, but I can't tell what would be RIGHT. I move them around but once they're more or less ranked from one end to the other I can see variation within each section but I have difficulty discerning further than that.

25. - Top - End - #265

Perhaps we could build a machine that makes imagined things real? As long as it stays out of the hands of Rutskarn and the many weird fetishists on the internet, all should go well.
    There are lots of books about how this destroys civilization. Just so you know.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Maaaaaan.

My trouble is, I can see that something's wrong with the gradation, but I can't tell what would be RIGHT. I move them around but once they're more or less ranked from one end to the other I can see variation within each section but I have difficulty discerning further than that.
    You people are all talking about that colour vision test, but I didn't even bother taking it. I already know that my colour vision is at least below average, as the optician said that I have colour deficiency (especially with reds and greens).
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #267
    Banned

Eh. Rutskarn probably wouldn't use it for much.

The real evil would be giving me god-like power.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maaaaaan.

That is exactly what happened to me. In the end I just thought "Oh, to hell with this." and pressed submit. After a while it just got frustrating to see problems, but not to see a solution. My vision is pretty good overall, but not with colour.

29. - Top - End - #269

Perhaps we could build a machine that makes imagined things real? As long as it stays out of the hands of Rutskarn and the many weird fetishists on the internet, all should go well.
    I came up with this idea in a shipfic. Only in mine it was a room rather than a machine, and the effects only worked in that room. Otherwise it would've just turned me into an unstoppable god.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

A red/green band was only one part of it, though. I'm still hoping that the poster who drew attention to blue/purple confusion (I'm blanking on your name right now--sorry) takes that test and maybe gets everything right. It isn't judging on whether you know the names but can detect gradations.

I will say that they could make that test an order of magnitude more difficult by not making the tiles' edges perpendicular and adjacent to one another. Glad they didn't. Wonder if it's possible to cheat it with the Colorzilla cursor.