New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne!! (Game Started)

A figure creeps slowly along the roof of a slightly tall building.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

He doesn't blink at her height. "Well, if you need a place to stay for the night, I know a little shed that isn't used anymore. I'm the only one who goes there as far as I know. Its free to use." He smiles. "Just don't tell Osari I said that."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

In the shadows of Eshter's hood, a small grin can be seen. [size=1]You don't need to worry about that. And...thanks. I'd appreciate that. I do kind of need a place to stay while I'm here. So...lead on?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Jericus nods and leads her through a nearby forest. The path is long gone, but soon they get to a shed. He holds open the door for her. "There is a small cache of dried food and a few jugs of water. Stay as long as you need to, but I'd avoid the castle." He looks around. "I'll try to check in once in a while, but it won't be often. Good night, my lady." He bows before he leaves.

Soon enough, he is back on his bed, sleeping easily.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Night 1

After Jericus leaves, Dani, um Esther, heads out once again.

She searches the town, hoping to hear some rumor, some gossip that will let her know her brother is alive and well.

She enters a small tavern, called the Dragon's Hare. A strange name she thinks. She almost leaves before she gets completely through the door. The main room is filled with Imperial Guards.

But a t second glance, she notices that most of them are well on their way to forgetting the day.

She smiles to herself. There would be no better place to find out what is going on inside the palace.

She heads to the bar and begins to talk with one guard, then another. Not long, and she's sitting with a group of them, hearing all the gossip of how the palace is haunted.

How Emperor Iames "finds" new recruits for assassin training, or a much worse fate, his private harem.

After a few hours goes by, Esther gets up to leave, and none of the guards even tries to stop her. She'd made it quite clear early on that she not only was not to be touched, but that she could stop any who tried.

As she walks toward the door, her mind is singing with information, when she slams into someone.

Hey! Watch it! she says as she falls onto her behind for the second time today, barely keeping her hood up.

She looks up into a pair of piercing green eyes. Eyes she recognizes instantly.

And there is recognition in the eyes that look down at her. And then confusion.

The man lifts Dani up and pulls her outside and around a corner. What are.... I must take you to Master, Dani. You shouldn't have.... I thought you were dead. Shrike looks as if he's torn about what he should do.

But Dani isn't. She slaps him hard across the face. How dare you betray us Shrike. How dare you turn on father when he needed you most.

There is venom in her words. And they bite deep into Shrike's heart. I.. I thought I'd lost everything. You, Mom, Alexis. Even Dad was dead on the inside. I just had to get away. I couldn't stay and watch any more. Shrike begins to cry.

Dani comforts him, letting him cry as she leads him back toward her temporary home.

Once she gets him inside, she tells him about what happened after she "died" and he left.

The next morning, Shrike finds himself being lead out of the city. He is leaving Emperor Iames Osari and his only friend, Murska the Younger.

Murska the Younger may find a note waiting for him, but I'll leave that detail to someone else, if they wish to do so.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shrike (played by Evnafets) has found his sister alive and well. He has left the palace of the Assassin Lord. (Night Killed)

He was a Mason.

Missed 1 Day
    the Bookworm
    Szilard

Day 2 Begins

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Calar passes the lazy guard without paying him any heed. After he almost got lynched yesterday, the large man was trying to keep a low profile. He's even left his bat and ball at home.

"I am taking my job seriously, because guarding Lord Iames is serious business! Yes indeed, no-one will get past me!"

The guard then immediately falls asleep leaning on his spear.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll go for Murska this time around.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Di you hear? One of Osari's assassins ran away!
    They say it was the one that betrayed the princess before!
    Apparently he'd been a traitor all along! A double agent!
    Oi, be quiet! Shouted the washerwoman. Osari has a foul temper when he's angered, and imagine what'll happen when he hears you lot yammering on about him and his assassins, and note finishing those uniforms! She shouts. I'm going to bring Osari his garb now, and by the time I get back, I expect those clothes washed! She storms out of the room, pausing slightly by the door, as she did every day.
    Be safe... She says quietly before continuing on. On her way to Osari's bedchamber she passes a sleeping guard. She gently nudges him, saying quietly:
    You better keep more awake today, or Osari'll be at your throat. Before continuing on her way.

((Cyrano))
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Darthil wakes up from his so-called 'watch' and begins the arduous task of climbing down the tower.
    "why anyone would willingly attack this place is beyond me!"
    As he nears the bottom of the clock-tower, he hears a shout from the street. Some lunatic had just stolen a woman's purse and was making quick progress through the crowd.
    "Help me!"
    "Don't you worry ma'am"
    Darthil unslings his crossbow and aims at the criminal. He is careful to climb slightly up the ladder so that he has no chance of hitting a member of the crowd.
    "HALT THIEF! LAST WARNING! here goes"
    He levels the crossbow with the thief's head and fires.
    *fhink*
    The bolt strikes him in the ankle and causes him to spin into a somersault.
    "Hey, what are you doing, you're coming with me. Whats your name?"
    "Thufir sir" Yea that's right hes a thief! (Nothing against him, random point)
    "Aye? well then, lets see how you enjoy my the watchtower basement"
    Too bad that Thufir hadn't been shot in the ankle (just the heel of his sandal),
    the vagrant then struggled free and escaped, still holding the woman's purse.
    "Whoops, probably should have given that back"
    "Ya' think?"

((They hitsded evnafets!))
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

10. - Top - End - #160

Naila wakes for her first day off in a fortnight. She stretches out on her rough cot, smiling. Finally, a day to relax, hit the tavern, and escape the choking feeling surrounding the castle. She sits up...and frowns. Usually the laundry service had a pile of her clothing just inside the door to her cramped quarters. Today...nothing. She gets up and storms down the hall to the washing room, demanding her things. The maids working don't look her in the eye, but one finally confesses the problem. They had accidentally washed all of her clothing in the vat where they bleach all the fine white tablecloths for the grand dining hall. And they were all stained or riddled with holes from the chemicals. Apologies are muttered, but Naila is NOT pleased. She storms back to her room and growls quietly. All her bindings for her chest were in that load, and everything else aside from her armor, and the tunic and leggings she is wearing now. She checks her reflection in the dirty, cracked mirror of her room and growls. She looks entirely too curvy for her own liking. I'll never get any respect around here if they think of me as soft and girly. Still, unless she wants to be caught in this predicament for good, she needs to go to town and purchase new clothes. She just hopes the tailor is willing to wait until she gets her monthly salary next week for payment. She runs a hand through her short, curly dark hair and storms out, eyes fixed in a glare. They flicker to Oddity briefly, a withering stare that elicits a whimper.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"Naila, my lady. If you have a moment." Jericus stands in the hallway with a bundle in his arms.

12. - Top - End - #162

Naila pauses in her storming to turn curiously to the butler. "Yes? What is it, Jericus?" She flushes, her cheeks vermillion against her dark, sun-kissed tan. "I don't want people to see me like this." She gestures down at herself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

I vote for Mordokai to avoid the auto.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Dirk Kris for no apparent reason.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

"This report strikes me as something of an Oddity. A common thief, claiming my name? This will not stand. This could very well be connected to these wretched infiltrators!"
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

A young woman dressed in all black clothing walks down the hallway, a bit pleased yet angry at today. Osari himself came into the trainee's quarters today and announced that one of his assassins had betrayed him. If he was ever found, he was to be killed instantly. And a new position had opened up.

Everyone smiled at these words. What might have been a normal competition now grew extremely dangerous.

Calar
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-08-27 at 11:22 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

It's quite late in the afternoon by the time "Eshter" returns to the city, her body language indicating a happiness that wasn't there previously, even though the cloak and hood still hides her features completely...

She slips into the Tavern and asks for a small mug of mead, and starts humming to herself as she waits. Pondering if perhaps Murska might be one of those Assassins she hates so much.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #168

Naila, having dealt with the tailor and waiting on her new clothes, comes into the tavern. She uses the last of her coins to buy herself a drink - she needs one today. She stretches out her long, muscular legs and runs a hand through her dark, curly hair. Despite her attempts, without the bindings and armor, she's a fairly attractive woman. Likely, even the people who know her - which would be a few of the palace guards - wouldn't realize it was her. She eyes a hooded figure. Because as a guard, that's her job, you know.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Said hooded figure doesn't seem to notice the attention. The hands, all that's visible, appear to belong to a petite young woman, and she's sipping her mead from time to time, but otherwise she seems to be thinking more than anything else - if her sitting there merely looking straight ahead between drinks is any indication.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170

Naila glances towards the girl and a group of leering men not too far from her. She leans a bit closer and keeps her voice low. "Hey, you alright? None of these guys messed with you or anything, right?" She seems concerned, her scarred hands clenching at the handle of her mug.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

The hood turns a little in Naila's direction; the shadows hide the girl's face, but her voice sounds slightly amused. Nah, they know better than to mess with me. Or they will if they try. But thanks for your concern. In the shadows of the hood, she can barely be made out to be smiling. I'm Eshter. You?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right back at you Banjo.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ugh, sorry for deadtiming, brother needed me then I had class )

Jericus returns to doing his daily duties. Naila had certainly looked... different, but he had other tasks to keep his mind busy. Namely, cooking today's meals.

Jericus tosses some wood into the stove and begins to sing as he cooks...

Tim Finnegan lived in Watling Street
    A gentle Irishman mighty odd
    He'd a beautiful brogue so rich and sweet
    To rise in the world he carried a hod
    You see he'd sort of a tippling way
    with love for a liquor poor Tim was born
    To help him on with his work every day
    He'd a drop of the Craythor every morn' ...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lisa tip toes into the kitchen hearing Jericus's singing. She'll wait patiently until Jericus turns arounds then smiles.

Hi Jerry! she says, with a grin on her face. She loved calling him that cause she knew it agitated him a bit.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Today, he doesn't seem to mind. He pauses his singing, but continues to chop veggies for stew. "Hello Lisa. If you are looking for food, there is some fruit in the cabinet. Anything other than that will have to wait."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lisa makes a face. Fruit? You know I don't like fruit. she says teasing him. Either way she'll head over to the cabinet and pulls out an apple.

Noticing the stew she asks. Stew again? Come on Jerry... she whines. We had that two days ago. She takes a bite out of the apple after she says this.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry, I'll make this one completely differently." He looks around and gestures towards an unlabeled bottle on a shelf. "Hand me that please."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lisa eyes the unlabeled bottle and heads over to it and grabs it. As she returns and is about to give him the bottle, she pauses. You wouldn't happen to be trying to poison us now would you? she says looking at him, a smile on her face.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiles. "Of course not. Just you." He pulls the cork out of the bottle and takes a quick pull before dumping it into the cauldron. He sets the bottle down. "Don't worry, it was just to sweeten it up."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lisa leans back against the table. You know Jerry? I think the only reason you make stews is because you don't know how to make anything else. Some days you make roast or something, but it's not that hard to make a roast. Didn't you ever learn how to cook, and i mean truly cook. She looks at his back to see if she vexes him.