New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (IC): Thread 2

Megiddo will go downstairs, have some breakfast, and inquire about a place to purchase arcance reagants in town.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Tell

Tell never seems to be a morning person when he's sleeping indoors. Moaning for the elf to leave him along, he turns over and goes back to sleep.

Some time later he comes down, looking grumpy, and joins Megiddo at breakfast. He suggest which items they should identify...

((as per OOC thread))
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grigor, human cleric

After sharing a few more drinks with his new friend, Grigor finally goes to bed.

The next morning he rises relatively early, eager to tell his companions about him. After all, they are scheduled to meet at the sage's place later this morning.

"Morning guys, guess what? I met a bard here last night. One Redithidoor Halfmoon. Seems like he knows a bit about the old moat houses' history. He's going to come over to the seer's place later, wouldn't you wnt to come along and see what the two can share with us?"
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Frowning into his tea, Tell nods his agreement.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

"I have some small business to attend to first, but given two or threee hours, I should be ready to pursue this action."

Presumably he would have found some place to purchase spell components and crafting supplies, he will go and do his shopping, buying components for two scrolls, and and a pearl for an identify spell. He will then return to his quarters to prepare the scrolls and identify the shortsword Tell had indicated as a priority for identification.

OOC: I'll work out the cost for the scrolls I need once I work out what scrolls I need.
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Inn of the Welcome Wench: Planting 10, Morning

Vesta is already up and keeping an eye on the inn when Megiddo comes down. She suggests that there might be a few worthwhile items amid the odds and ends of the Old Trading Post. Failing that, Spugnoir (( the guy you found in the moathouse )) or an elven scrollmaker by the name of Zerosh Nubric probably have supplies the would be willing to sell or trade.

Not long after Tell finishes his breakfast, Redithidoor enters the inn. Though no longer dressed in his performance clothes, he only makes a slightly better impression. He seems to have made an attempt to keep up with current fashions without really understanding them. Everything from his hat to his boots is of a fine and attractive cut on its own, but in actually assembling the pieces, Redithidoor made a number of wrong decisions. Nothing really complements anything else, and in a few cases, they actually fight each other for attention.

The bard takes a moment to scan the room before finding his friend from the night before. “Ah, Grigor, my friend! You haven’t left without me. Good!” He holds his arms out as he heads for Grigor and Tell’s table.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Aratos Tell

Tell nods approvingly. "You look good," he says.

He's not kidding.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

(since Grigor and Megiddo were early risers, and Tell was emphatically not, might it be safe to say Megiddo had a couple hours before Red showed up, and got his stuff done beforehand?)
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Two scrolls and an identify—three hours. Hmm…

I think the trouble here is that you needed to go shopping first. Unless we’re adjusting it to more “Late Morning” rather than the mid-morning I’ve been assuming, I’m not certain you would have been able to get into the Trading Post for it all. ))

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

((I think we're all willing to depart later in the day if need be, so he can take all morning as needed.))

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

(to keep things going, we'll say Megiddo got the shopping done, and if there isn't time after the meeting to make stuff due to schenanigans, then I'll mark off the scrolls I won't put the scrolls on my sheet)
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2010-10-12 at 04:01 AM.
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

(( All right, then. Everything’s Late Morning, and Redthidoor shows up just after Megiddo joins Tell and Grigor. ))

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Inn of the Welcome Wench: Planting 10, Morning

(( Ah, yes. I should probably give the result of the identify, at least. ))

After studying the sword, Megiddo finds that it simply holds the most basic of enchantments to enhance its performance (( shortsword +1 )).

He also takes a look at a potion that Tell left. It is one of the more potent healing potions one can make (( potion of cure serious wounds )).

[hr]

Inn of the Welcome Wench: Planting 10, Late Morning

“Why thank you, good sir,” Redithidoor replies to Tell with a large grin. “I am Redithidoor Halfmoon. I take it you are also an acquaintance of Grigor.” His glance shifts between Grigor and Tell.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-10-13 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Megiddo will come downstairs after his divination, and hand the curved shortsword back to Tell. "This blade holds merely the most trivial of enhancements."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grigor, human cleric

Grigor is pretty upbeat as he joins breakfast. The last night was quite enjoyable after all and the morning promises to become interesting. In the good way.

"Okay people, that bard guy, Redthidoor, is going to join us shortly. Now the poor guy loves a good story as much as any other bard, so how about you tell him your versions of what happened in the moathouse cellars? Especially since one of us defeated an evil cleric all by himself!" Grigor suggests with a wink.

When Redthidoor finally shows up, Grigor wonders about his lack of fashion sense. He decides to joke about it and says "Heh, seems like you finagled every tailor in town to give you a commission for showing of their finest pieces, eh? Good job! ", adding a hearty and good-natured laugh at the end.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Tell nods a greeting at the newcomer.

As Megiddo hands hin the curved short sword and explains that it has "merely the most trivial of enchantments," Tell weighs it in his hand and evaluates it. Then he holds it out hilt-first to Redithidoor.

"If you're traveling with us, then take this. It's one of the most powerful magic swords ever forged."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

(( Is Tell saying that with a straight face or as an obvious joke? ))

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

"While I am sure our good, dear friend is appreciative of your gesture, Tell, I would prefer we refrain from giving away our... what was it that charming halfling in Aemrithin said... 'teh phat lewts?' I do have research to fund, after all."

OOC - trying to get things moving if we can...
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2010-10-17 at 11:05 PM.
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Inn of the Welcome Wench: Planting 10, Late Morning

“Hey, now!” Redithidoor scolds, “It’s very rude to offer a gift and then take it back right away.”
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2010-10-18 at 04:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grigor, human cleric

"Tell can do whatever he wishes with his share of the loot." says Grigor, "and you should take a leaf from Olidamarra's teachings and not be too hung up about wordly posessions. A sword, in it's essence, is barely more then a sharpened metal club. What gives it it's worth is the person who wields it, for good or for ill. And if this 'most minor of enchantments' helps a friend of song and dance to spread joy among the poeple, on account of it helping him to fend of bandits maybe, then it is doing more good then merely being sold off for mere gold."

He reaches over and pats the mage on the shoulder "Fear not, we will certainly unearth more ill-gotten riches from these sunken halls, you will get to do your research. Right now, however, there is some other kind of research that needs doing. Come, let us go see the Seer!"

Grigor gets up, eager to meet the sage and maybe learn more about the secrets hidden under the old moathouse.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

"Fair enough, there is no need to be bothered over such things, let us go and consult this seer."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Todariche Nem’s House: Late Morning

Todariche Nem lives in a medium-sized house on the north end of Hommlet. The house and grounds are well maintained, with a few white flowers growing along the base of the house’s wall.

Upon knocking at his door, a voice calls from inside, “All right! I’m coming!” A few moments later, the door opens, revealing a short, middle-aged human man with graying hair and a large nose. He takes a moment to look over the group before muttering to himself, “Interesting…”

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Todariche’s House: Planting 10, Late Morning

After a moment more looking over his visitors, Todariche suddenly says, “Oh! I’m sorry. May I help you?”

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

"We were hoping to ask a few questions about the history of this place, specifically the temple and the moathouse. We were told you were something of a sage in those topics of interest."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Retro:

Spoiler
    Show

Tell meant it as a joke, but with a straight faced delivery; he has low charisma, so no worries that it was bungled.

Tell

Tell surveys the white flowers. He decides to pick a few and start popping their leaves in his mouth. If they're edible, he's doing it because he's hungry; if he knows they're not edible, he's doing it almost as if to test that fact. (He spits them out if they're bitter, as most non-edible plants are.)

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Perhaps a quick test, to see if this supposed sage is trustworthy, the elf thinks to himself, fingering the medallion of the cultist. Pulling it out and showing it to the sage, he aks "Perhaps we could start with this symbol. Do you recognize it?"
    Sense Motive: (1d20)[10]
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Todariche does not seem to notice Tell’s activity.

“Hang, on, now! Let’s not be too hasty,” Todariche says, holding up his hand. “I’m not one for conducting business on my front doorstep. Come on in.” He steps away from the door to let everyone in. “Though, I should say before we begin that if you are looking for hidden treasures or similar at the moathouse, you will be disappointed. The place has had twelve years to be picked clean.”

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Not being perfectly trusting at this point, Megiddo will manifest Inertial Armor, being careful to avoid any overt displays, before stepping inside.

[taking 10 on concentration check, augmenting Inertial Armor to max]
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grigor, human cleric

"Yes, this may well be the case, but some people have shown some unusual interest in that old place. Fanatics. We would like to know who we are dealing with here and what could have led them there." says Grigor, eager to find out who would be so misguided to rather die then negotiate.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

“Fanatic about what?” Todariche asks Grigor, but before anyone can answer, he goes on. “Now, you can have a seat at the table. Don’t mind the books. I’ll take care of them. Would any of you care for some tea?”

The inside of Todariche’s house stands in counterpoint to the neatly appointed exterior. It seems every available space above floor-level has been appropriated for use as a bookshelf or display area for various bric-a-brac. Athough it may be that Todariche has some sort of method to the organization, there is a distinct feeling of cramped clutter.