New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Autumn-DragonLance II

Hertz

As part of him wished he had the talent to go over Bryce and Vleric, Hector ran around the obstacles and to the eight-legged freak he intended to participate in killing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double-movement if needed. If I could get there with one, use the rolls in the other post (although I do recall something about them being bad. Oh well!)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss arrives and suddenly drops out of the ceiling onto the hard floor, nothing to cushion him from the fall. He manages to roll the opposite way from Vleric and avoids getting stuck to him.

Lagri smashes out of the webbing as he flexes his mighty muscles.

Vleric is very unsuccessful in his attempts and remains trapped in webbing.

Hector goes around the people still recovering from the fall and attacks the huge spider. In his enthusiasm to join the fight, he misses the spider.

Bryce stands and unsticks himself.

The spider views all these potential opponents and lunges forward and viciously bites Hector. ((roll a fort save DC 16 against poison or lose 8 STR))

---------- Round 3 ----------

Gneiss 20
    Lagri 14
    Bryce 10
    Hector 8 (dam: 15)
    Pearl 2
    Tygerlilly
    Vleric
    Spider

Kalrin

((In the room at the bottom, Lagri, Vleric, Hector, Bryce, Gneiss. Still to arrive Kalrin, Tygerlilly and Pearl.))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

The barbarian darts forward, meaning to corner the arachnid. Lagri leads with his halberd's barb and stabs at the flexing chelicerae of the spider. With each jab he shuffles forward. The vermin's fang hang over its diminutive assailant's axe head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging, -3 for PA

Attack: (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage: (1d10+13)[15]
    A post about nothing.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

It takes Gneiss a few seconds to recover from the hard landing. Scrambling to his feet, he looks around at the group's new surroundings.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #95

Hector

There is a sharp intake of breath as Hector is bitten and he reflexively steps back. His eyes go wide when he feels his muscle weaken and his first impulse is to shake his arm wildly - as if the trashing could get the poison out.

It seems to work, too, because he feels almost immediately better. Angry at himself for letting his guard down and angry at the spider for taking advantage of it, Hector glares at the eight-legged monster and snaps his ranseur back into action.

For once, he remains silent.

Spoiler
    Show
    All of this, of course, provided Lagri hasn't reduced it to a pulp! The Fort Save is in the OOC thread, for 17.

PA -2/+4
    AttackRoll - (1d20+8)[16] and DamageRoll - (2d4+13)[18]

AC 19, HP 22/48

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

Bryce bellows "Solamnia!" as he charges toward the spider, freeing his sword and shield along the way.

Spoiler
    Show

Bryce will charge for a +2 to attack/-2 to defense, if the terrain permits. He'll power attack at a -2 penalty, thus negating his charge bonus. [If the charge isn't permissible, the attack roll will be two lower, obviously.] AC decreases to 22 until the start of his next turn.

All rolls have been adjusted for Power Attack.

Attack (Longsword): (1d20+9)[16]
    Crit Confirm (Longsword): (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage (Longsword): (1d8+6)[12]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss scrambles to his feet and the most immediate concern is Lagri and Hector attacking a huge spider in the corner.

Lagri darts forward, trapping the spider in the corner as he applies brute force with a sharp edge. By the time he’s finished…

Bryce joins the fray only to find out that the spider is so much goo and pulp.

Hector feels the bite of the poison, but manages to shake it off before he feels the full effect. He gets the feeling that it would have significantly weakened him.

Pearl and Tygerlilly are still making their way down the pipe, there’s a faint sound of laughter. Kalrin shoots out in front of them and onto the hard floor.

Vleric is enraged as he struggles and finally frees himself. He stands and it’s obvious there is damage to one wing, but he’s more concerned about getting the filthy spider webs off himself.

---------- Round 4 ----------

Gneiss 20
    Lagri 14
    Bryce 10
    Pearl 2
    Tygerlilly
    Vleric
    Spider (dead)

Kalrin

((In the room at the bottom, Lagri, Vleric, Hector, Bryce, Gneiss, Kalrin. Still to arrive Tygerlilly and Pearl.))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Lagri heaves his halberd out of the perforated remains of the spider. He steps back and out from between the monster's massive fangs to admire his handiwork. The pool of ichor did not surprise him so much as how well he had compacted it into the wall. Lagri grips the beast's fangs and rips them out as a trophy. He measures them against his hands and neck, imagining how they'd look in a necklace or fetish.

Lagri looks up and laughs deeply.

"Zis is for vat icefolk haf no fear! Hukk vältimatu! Not-escapable death!"

The barbarian walks back to pick up his thrall. He rips most of the webbing off the dragonman's legs and neck, only to wrap it thicker over his rope bindings and mouth.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-10-04 at 07:03 PM.
    A post about nothing.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Standing up gingerly, Kalrin gives the smashed spider a look of surprise. He then looks at Lagri and puts together what happened. Walking over to the barbarian, Kalrin looks with great interest at Lagri's totem construction.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Lagri rips out the fangs out of the beast’s head before he walks over and further ties up a furious Vleric. When he tries to gag him, Vleric lunges to try and bite him, but misses completely and Lagri succeeds in gagging him.

Kalrin gets up only to have Tygerlilly land on him, fortunately she’s light. She tumbles off him and lands with a Ta-Da on the floor. She giggles, she can’t help it, Wasn’t that great Kalrin! It was such great fun! Didn’t you hear me all the way down! She falls over laughing, completely missing the spider stain in the corner and Vleric’s furious look.

Pearl is next to arrive…

Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Having gagged his thrall, Lagri locks his hands around the bellicose dragonman's neck and gives a pair of warning pumps to his neck.

"Hyu vait till hyu meet icefolk voman! Hyu try zat, she break hyur face!"
    A post about nothing.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Picking himself up, Kalrin returns the chuckle. "I did indeed hear you little one, that's how I knew we were still going somewhere, and we hadn't all been whisked to some never-ending pipe dimension." Looking back up the pipe, Kalrin muses to himself, "Although this does make me wish I'd picked up that levitation spell when I had the chance."
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103

Hector

"We'll find a way up when the dragon's done for."

Though disappointed that he was denied a chance at comeback for the spider, Hector remained cheerful. If he thought the dragon would be any harder, he certainly didn't show.

"We're still missing the Lady Pearl, I believe."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Made aware of his party's circumstances and position, Lagri turns back to the assembled adventurers.

"Da, ve are missink voman jarl. But vere ve goink after zis? Un vat signifies 'die-men-zun?'

Recognizing that a lull like this was the best time to receive edification on mainland culture, Lagri turns to Kalrin.

"Un hyu know mainland kirjanik, ja? I vish to buy kirjanik for makink charm oof spider teef."
    A post about nothing.

15. - Top - End - #105

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

The knight sheaths his sword and shield, looking a little disappointed that all the action was over before he joined in. "So," he begins, "has anyone seen any of the gully dwarves around? I don't know how we're going to find this Highblip or whatever without them."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Vleric is unrepentant, but he doesn’t do anything in retaliation to Lagri’s rough handling and he doesn’t really understand a word he just said.

After a few moments, Tygerlilly bounds up, Ah, that was great! She starts trying to wipe off her clothes with a rag she pulled out of a pouch.

Pearl pops out of the pipe next and barely misses Kalrin, she lands heavily on the floor.

It’s unknown whether or not any gully dwarves followed the group or not.

Hector (dam: 15)
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #107

Hector

As soon as Pearl is out of the pipe and to the ground, Hector shuffles over and extends a hand to help her up. "Welcome in the hall of squished spider, mylady."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl grunts, and lifts a hand to Hector, requesting his help up. She glances over at Lagri and the remnants of the spider.

"Charming. On the other hand, I suppose that squished is better than not-squished in this context.

"Anyone know where we are now? Gneiss - do you have any sense of how far we just slid?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-10-06 at 07:30 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

19. - Top - End - #109

Hector

"It is, yes," Hector replied, unconsciously reaching for his deep bite gash. It was more painful than he cared to admit to anyone but he hoped the wound wouldn't go bad. I'll check it tonight. Or whenever we rest.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin merely stares at Lagri for a good minute, taking a while to register the barbarian was addressing him, and then longer to extract his meaning from the tangled mire of accent. "Another dimension is.......another world, that doesn't follow our rules," he explains. A little put off by Lagri's request, he adds, "As far as enchanting the teeth, I could probably do something depending on what you want. Otherwise there's plenty of wizards to be found when we get out of here." Then an inquisitive look come over Kalrin, "Lagri, would you mind speaking a little bit more of your language? That accent's perculiar."

My meager homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Gneiss finishes brushing the dust off his clothing and pauses to look around the chamber, finishing by turning his gaze briefly on the ceiling above before answering Pearl's question.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+11)[14]
    Spot: (1d20+8)[11]
    Looking for tracks. Particularly tracks that lead toward an exit.

Also, and this may have been stated earlier and I missed it, but: what sort of light source do we have down here?

EDIT: Oh, come on.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2009-10-06 at 10:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

"Suitsetanud tass minu piip, pilves sees saun" Lagri pronounces in a sibilant, yet husky voice.

"I do not need vizard kirjanik, I look for totem kirjanik," he continues, "A man oof crafts un arts."

Spoiler
    Show
    The rough translation from Estonian: Sitting in the sauna, I smoked my pipe.

Throw in some meatballs and you have the most stereotypical Finnic scene possible.
    A post about nothing.

23. - Top - End - #113

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

"Hector, you'd better let me take a look at that bite," Bryce says, loosing the staff from its bindings across his back as he walks over to Hector and Pearl. "It could be poisoned, and we don't want to find that out later."

As he examines the bite, Bryce realizes that he doesn't really know what he's looking at or for. Smiling a bit ruefully, he mutters a prayer to Mishakal and touches the wound with the staff--just in case.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal: Take 10 for a roll of 13

Gotta love untrained skill checks.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin nods, here was something he didn't know before. Then however, he shakes his head, "In that case my friend, I cannot help you. Can't be too hard to find though."

My meager homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115

Hector

"It is poisoned, I think," Hector said, already fairly certain what that muscle-tightening feeling was. If he was aware that was not reassuring in the least, it did not show. "I've taken worse in the arena."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

"We're more than a hundred feet deeper than we were," Gneiss says after a moment, "And I hope there's some other way to get back out of here, because I don't much want to think about trying to climb up the way we came down. We have a more immediate problem, though." He slips his dagger from its sheathe and gestures toward Vleric. "The dragon-man. It's not just that he's not helping us, or even that he's slowing us down: 'surrendered' or not, he's clearly waiting for his first chance to betray us to his comrades. Dragging him along is going to get us all killed."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss notices that the ceiling used to be the floor and the floor used to be the ceiling. There are two doors leading out of this room, one in the west wall and one to the south. There are faint tracks leading out both of the doors.

There is a dim light coming from the spider’s web. The light is slowly dimming and goes out in less than a minute.

Bryce takes a look at Hector’s wound in the dim light and as a warrior and knight he knows that it’s serious. He touches the staff to the wound and with his prayer to Mishakal it closes up, and Hector will feel much improved.

Tygerlilly laughs a little and begins investigating, she’s curious about where they are. When she reaches the giant spider she looks up at in awe, Wow! I can’t imagine what it looked like when it wasn’t smushed. That is one dead bug!
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri

Lagri gestures towards Vleric with a flippant upward wave.

"Hyu are feared oof rope-covered man? He kick hyu to deaf maybe? Or valk like leetle svimmink-snow-bird for to help?"

The barbarian grabs his captive by the scalp, bowing his head and dragging him along as he walks for the southern door.
    A post about nothing.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

Pearl shrugs at Gneiss.

"The Measure says, 'It is sometimes needful to make a tactical error in order to make a strategic victory.' Perhaps this...Vleric will prove the key to something important."

She glances ahead at the trussed, gag, snarling creature.

"In the future. Sometime. I hope. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would build a building upside down and a hundred feet underground."

She slides her sword off of her back, and follows Lagri.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

30. - Top - End - #120

Hector

Hector was about to thanks Bryce when he heard Pearl's question. He looked puzzled and tilted his head to the side. "You think it was built that way?"