New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Acro] Taverna Generica 20: Questions

Taverna Generica
    "Θα θέλατε ένα ποτό;"
    TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
    or
    PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Please do not update this thread if it goes past 50 unless you have express permission to do so.

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
    On the front door, someone, seeming recently, has inscribed the words Enjoy your time! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
    The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades (where the portal to Town currently is). This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano, and well-worn dartboard. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis. Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently displaying an advert for the nearby time and dimesional travel service, Time Tours, a posh flyer for Restaurant Enchanté and a simple note for Professional Services.
    Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
    Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
    There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
    2. No killing the staff.
    3. No vandalism.
    4. No thieving!
    5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
    6. No drug use.
    7. No food and drink brought in from other establishments is to be consumed here without staff permission.
    Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
    2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
    4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
    5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.

Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
    Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2009-08-26 at 06:33 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Taverna Generica 20: Questions

One of The Computers Oracles is buzzing around.
    Buzz...Buzz buzz...
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

3. - Top - End - #3

WolfInSheepsClothing

Mademoiselle, an honorific used when speaking to a member of the fairer sex. He has no idea. =P

The girl wakes up with a bit of a start. She looks around, then checks to see that her wings didn't turn anything into a pile of ash while she was asleep.

((Mean Happy simued me <.< >.> ))
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2009-08-21 at 10:16 AM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cat is still asleep in her arms.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #5

WolfInSheepsClothing

She finds that the chair behind her has been turned into a single board of wood with a series of branches coming off of it. But aside from that... She pets the cat and flags down one of the NPC bartenders to order some breakfast.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cat wakes up stretching in her arms and yawning.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #7

WolfInSheepsClothing

The girl pets the cat and waits for her food to arrive. Sleep well? I ordered some food for us.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cat nods and hops up on the table to start to eat. Yes I did, how about you?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well enough... I have dreams whenever I sleep... not good ones either. The tender comes by and delivers a plate of food. It smells very good. She also sets a bowl of milk down in front of the cat.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cat laps it up. No I would not imagine that having that thing inside you is would cause pleasant dreams.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #11

WolfInSheepsClothing

She smiles as the cat laps up the milk. Regardless of how serious the conversation is, the cat is just too adorable for her to not grin. You know... I don't think I ever asked what your name is.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Erin undeadtimes at her table, yawning.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's ok, my name changes all the time. Right now I think I would like to be called Ames. It enjoys it's milk.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #14

WolfInSheepsClothing

The girl smiles. Ames. I like that name. She chuckles a little. Then deadtimes as her player goes off to work.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.))

The cat will continue drinking till she gets undeadtimed.

---------------

Meanwhile Eric comes inside and goes to sit down next to Erin.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Erin looks up from her plate of pancakes and smiles at Eric. G'mornin...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morning to you as well. So want to know what we have found out?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

P-probably not. Erin can't help but giggle a little at herself, before turning serious. But you can tell me anyway.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir is by the bar again, looking bored and frustrated, and still wearing a helmet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Greg is at a table, also looking bored and frustrated. Lousy PEACE members, what with their being practically non-existent. Or just not visiting the Taverna, or whatever.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

A portal opens up in the Taverna, and a swan with devil horns flies through, does a circuit of the room, then lands at the bar. She takes off her feathered cloak, reverting to the shape of a young woman with devil horns.

((Decker is a member of PEACE, if Greg has any way of knowing that.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric nods, Well good news first, she is still alive, at least at least that we know of. We talked to a couple of dealers in Town. One of them had a broken nose, and after a little persuading he told us how it happened. A girl matching Angie's description came to him looking for some dangerous drugs. He gave them to her. Later on some guy bursts in and kicks this guys ass and takes her away. Eric gives a fairly accurate description of Alexi. We are trying to find this guy now. From what we gathered, the dealer likes to... play with passed out girls. So we are hoping this guy is nice and was just rescuing her from that. So that is why we think she is still ok.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Sadly, Greg doesn't, although the devilness does attract his attention. He's looking for evil people in general, because anyone of them could be a PEACE member, and because they might know a PEACe member.

So he slides down the bar to a chair next to Decker's. "Hello."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"Hi, I'm Decker!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Erin takes a quick, surprised look in Decker's direction, then turns her attention back to Eric.

At first she looks grateful. Then shocked. Then angry...
    He'd better hope so. I need to find her - and if that dealer did anything, he's dead.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Nice to meet you. I'm Greg." He looks her over carefully, mostly as an automatic threat assessment. "Been around the Nexus much?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric's eyes get very serious, and Erin should recgonize this look as something Eric wore often back in Old Town, before he got all happy with Jay. I had a personal talk with him. He is regretting even having thoughts of doing stuff. And I doubt he will again. If she remembers her past she should guess why he is so serious.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, and after a moment's considering Eric's expression, Erin nods, and softens. T-thanks, Eric. She sighs and looks down at her cup of coffee.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Unless he has some way of identifying her weird crossbreed abilities, she appears to be a perfectly harmless girl in her 20s.

"Not very long. Only about a year? Maybe? I don't remember exactly."

She looks to the bargirl. "Can I have some bogwater?"

Back to Greg. "But my friends are here, so I usually come here when I'm not in Hell."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

"I see. That must be interesting."

"Who are your friends?"