New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Avatar: The Legend of an IC

The City of Ba Sing Se, 42nd year of Avatar Kyoshi
    OOC

The summer has begun in the Impenetrable City of Ba Sing Se, the day's refugees are starting to arrive and the marketplace is opening up for another day of trade with the growing amount of travellers bringing news about warlords and chaos beyond the Outer Walls.

This day in particular, there is much more activity than there have been for months. Soldiers putting up wanted posters at the Market's centre, weary Sand Tribesmen telling tales of raiding bandits, poor families in rags pleading the people of the city for coin and those more fortunate selling what they have left to start a new life far from the city.

You all find yourselves entering the marketplace from the East, prepared to search for news of the war, admire the higher class of Ba Sing Se's youth, barter or other endeavours.

What do you do?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend of an IC

Serena walks through the marketplace, Sweets following along dutifully behind her. As she passes begging families, she tosses a Mid-Weight Fire Nation Mark to each of them, seeming to not be paying attention, unless there is a boy near her age in the family, in which case she'll wink at the boy. She continues walking, and her stomach grumbles. "Hmm... Boys or food first..." She muses, and sweets jumping up to nip her ear makes her decide! "Food it is!" And she's off to buy some food!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Serena walks through the marketplace, Sweets following along dutifully behind her. As she passes begging families, she tosses a Mid-Weight Fire Nation Mark to each of them, seeming to not be paying attention, unless there is a boy near her age in the family, in which case she'll wink at the boy. She continues walking, and her stomach grumbles. "Hmm... Boys or food first..." She muses, and sweets jumping up to nip her ear makes her decide! "Food it is!" And she's off to buy some food!
    It may slightly damage the effect of her sexiness that a fourteen year old girl with red hair, soft green eyes, and a tremendously hyperactive disposition is bouncing along behind her, with a literally endless stream of whitenoise falling from her mouth like water droplets from a waterfall.
    "....sothiscityisreallyprettyandthepeoplearesofrien dlyweshouldmakefriendsandooooohlookatthatclouditlo okslikeaplatypusbearandoooohapenguinand (GASP) aghostclouditlookssoscaaary..!"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #4

... Serena's eyebrow begins to twitch. So much noise. She turns around and tries to stick Sweets on top of Amelia's head. "Pay attention to that!" She says, hoping that it will at least make her look like an adorable little sister or something.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-08-11 at 10:52 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Isca strolls through the marketplace, leading her ostrich-horse, making some last-minute preparations before leaving Ba Sing Se. She rolls her eyes at the crazy redheaded girl headed her way, and continues on, determined not to make eye contact.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

The reigns of his mount tied securely to his hand, Shao makes his way through the marketplace towards the wanted posters. His search for allies from the city has not yeilded results thus far, but then again he can hardly expect it to happen all that quickly. Besides, one has to know his enemies before being able to fight them... But he has the advantage of being unexpected factor wherever he goes. A rare few expect someone who looks quite the part of your common earth kingdom sell-sword to be a firebender, after all.

Looking around the marketplace as he walks on, the young firebender chuckles slightly to himself as he sees a young girl pestering somewhat older one, to which the older girl responds by placing a turtleduck on her head. Shaking his head in amusement, he also spots a woman leading an ostrich horse of her own through the marketplace, sporting quite curious garb. It is odd to see a member of water tribe so far away from polar ice caps where they usually live, but then again he is far from the volcanic islands of Fire nation as well. He has definitely not expected to lay eyes on actual water tribe member and expecially not here, even if he has been taught about the different nations by his teachers back in the capital island.

His curiousity getting better of him, Shao decides to approach the woman. Perhaps he can hear news from bit further away from her mouth... After all, not many scouts go beyond the walls of Ba Sing Se while the warlords try to claim the position Chin the Conqueror held before.

"Hello! Are you, by any chance, member of water tribe?" he asks after a small moment of silence and gathering his nerves. Even if he has learnt to fight and suffer through horrors of war, talking to girls is still not his strong suite.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2011-08-12 at 04:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

... Serena's eyebrow begins to twitch. So much noise. She turns around and tries to stick Sweets on top of Amelia's head. "Pay attention to that!" She says, hoping that it will at least make her look like an adorable little sister or something.
    "Ohhihihihsweets!" she swings the turtleduck into her arms and cuddles it wildly, with a constant stream of cuteness

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Isca strolls through the marketplace, leading her ostrich-horse, making some last-minute preparations before leaving Ba Sing Se. She rolls her eyes at the crazy redheaded girl headed her way, and continues on, determined not to make eye contact.
    "GaaaaaaaaaspIhaven'tmetyouandyou'trtryingtoavoidme youmusthaveaseeeeecreeeeetwhoareyouwhatareyouhidin gareyouworkingforChinorgaaaaspthespiritsGASpyou're tryingtotakeovertheworldaren'tyouorwhyelsewouldyou behiding?!"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #8

Isca nods to Shao, still avoiding Amelia's gaze. "Yes, I am of the Northern Water Tribe. My name is--"

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "GaaaaaaaaaspIhaven'tmetyouandyou'trtryingtoavoidme youmusthaveaseeeeecreeeeetwhoareyouwhatareyouhidin gareyouworkingforChinorgaaaaspthespiritsGASpyou're tryingtotakeovertheworldaren'tyouorwhyelsewouldyou behiding?!"
    She rolls her eyes. "No, ma'am, I am not trying to take over the world. I am just trying to gather some supplies for my journey. In peace. Now, if you don't mind, I'll be on my way." She tugs at the reins of her horse and continues walking through the market.

Love wins. S'agapo.

9. - Top - End - #9

Korro smiles sleepily from his seated position, and a quick slap on the face from an elderly woman sitting across him wakes him suddenly.

"Oi. Pay attention Korro."

"Yes Granny Korra."

"Now. While I did promise your parents I'd keep you as safe as possible, I was the one who taught you what you know, and as far as I'm concerned, you can take care of yourself. Just don't tell your mother okay?" The old lady said with a wink.

"Yes ma'am." he says with a smirk.

"That's my grandson. Now, go out and make your fortune kid." she says with a smile.

Korro stands up, affectionately pats the lady on the shoulder and walks away. He wanders for a little while, before bumping into a very small girl with a turtleduck.

"Oh, I'm very sorry miss." he says with a hearty laugh. "I didn't see you there."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ignoring the blabbering girl for the time being, Shao walks along as Isca moves, feeling glad about the fact that his thoughts about the heritage of the woman were correct... At least it shows that all the history classes he has taken in his life have not gone to complete waste.

"Northern Water Tribe? That is quite far away... Have you, by any chance, got any news from the outside world?" he asked with certain degree of hope filling his mind. "It has been hard to gather most recent news while all this warring is going on... It seems like the defeat of one great tyrant did not put end to the problems. Then again, it rarely happens like that."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    Korro stands up, affectionately pats the lady on the shoulder and walks away. He wanders for a little while, before bumping into a very small girl with a turtleduck.

"Oh, I'm very sorry miss." he says with a hearty laugh. "I didn't see you there."
    Gaaaaasp!
    "It'sokaywhoareyouwhoareyouIhaven'tmetyoubeforearey oufromaroundhereorfromsomewhereelseoooohareyoufrom thefirenationnoIbetyou'reanairbenderyesHimisterair bender!" she babbles, barely coherently.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Gaaaaasp!
    "It'sokaywhoareyouwhoareyouIhaven'tmetyoubeforearey oufromaroundhereorfromsomewhereelseoooohareyoufrom thefirenationnoIbetyou'reanairbenderyesHimisterair bender!" she babbles, barely coherently.
    Korro just laughs.
    "I'm so very sorry to disappoint you miss, but I'm from directly around here, and I'm definitely not an airbender. I prefer to hit my problems head on little one." he chuckles. His voice is only at a normal volume, but it feels loud.

I'm Korro. It's a pleasure to meet you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.

13. - Top - End - #13

Serena blinks again! ... She just ran off with Sweets! Serena has to follow her now! She comes up behind the slightly smaller girl and tries to take back her little turtleduck! "Amelia, you may want to slow down your speaking a little bit if you want people to be your friends."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Oooh so are you an earthbender orsdoyoujustpunchstuffthatssooooooawesomei'maneart hbendertoowellasandbenderwellonlyalittlebitbutit's soawesometohaveanotherpersonlikemewe'regonnabebest friends!"

She... then hugs you!

She lets Serena take Sweets back and tries to pull her into the hug!
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-08-12 at 01:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Serena is pulled into a hug! There is a boy in it... But she also has to make sure Sweets doesn't get squished, making her not like this as much as she could! "Why hugs?!" She asks.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

16. - Top - End - #16

Serena is pulled into a hug! There is a boy in it... But she also has to make sure Sweets doesn't get squished, making her not like this as much as she could! "Why hugs?!" She asks.
    "My thoughts exactly miss. But it doesn't look like either of us has any choice in the matter. Nice to meet you both, I'm Korro."

He smiles, turning his attention to Amelia.
    "Yes. I am an Earthbender. And it is a pleasure to meet another one my new friend. I'm sure it would be easier to be your friend though if I knew your name little one."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Because hugs are great!" she cheers.

"My name is Amelia and I come from the desert!" she says happily, having slowed down a little.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-08-12 at 01:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

"Well Amelia, it is a pleasure to meet someone with such energy in their heart." he booms.

"And you miss?" he asks Serena with a gentle smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

"I prefer a slightly different kind of hugs..." Serena mutters under her breath, wriggling a little bit. "I'm Serena. Serena Xiao Huo. From the Fire Nation. My little turtleduck that's probably getting squished is named Sweets."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

20. - Top - End - #20

"Pleasure to meet you Serena." he says with a big smile.

"So, what brings the two of you all the way here to Ba Sing Se?"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Serena shrugs. "I got sort of a bad reputation in my hometown, so I decided to leave." She looks at her feet and kicks at the ground. Seems she doesn't want to talk about it.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"The Sand Spirit asked me to explore the world and seek out knowledge!" says Amelia happily. She seems serious.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar: The Legend of an IC

One of the beggars Serena had helped, dressed in strange and heavy cloaks suddenly seems to be standing behind Amelia. Almost as if appearing out of thin air.

"The spirits talk to you? Then you must help us! Only one who can speak to the spirits can save our families!"

She croaks desperately, grabbing hold of Amelia's shoulder as if scared the girl would disappear if she didn't.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

She spins around on the spot to see the beggar!
    "You want help I'll help you! How can I help?" she says, excited and flushed with pride at her usefulness!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar: The Legend of an IC

The beggar motions at a few other strangely dressed beggars and explains, occasionally pausing as she coughs.

"Our village was attacked by a vengeful spirit, trapping our families and neighbours in their realm. But the Elder, she who speaks to spirits, told us that another friend of spirits would be able to free them."

She points at Serena and Korro, her arm shaking.

"She also mentioned others, the turtleduck's friend, an earthbender who wears bracers just like those and two more. A Waterbender and a firebender with orange eyes."

She turns back and tightens her grip on Amelia's shoulder.

"Please spirit friend! You must help us or I fear never to see my family again!"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #26

"If you require help ma'am. Then I will be more than willing to lend a hand where I can." he says rather quietly.

"I have not yet met a foe I could not force into the dirt with a good sturdy rock." he boasts happily.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Serena blinks! Again! "... This all sounds sort of suspicious to me. I mean... A prophecy specifically about three of us and two other people... It's just..." Sweets turns her head around to look at Serena, peering at her. "... Alright, I'll help too."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Gaaaasp!
    "AboutUSOhmygodwe'llsurehelpwe'llhavetofindtheother twobutIbetthey'rearoundRIGHTNOWit'sgonnabesomuchfu nwe'regonnabeheroesandhelyouandSQUEE!"

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Ignoring the blabbering girl for the time being, Shao walks along as Isca moves, feeling glad about the fact that his thoughts about the heritage of the woman were correct... At least it shows that all the history classes he has taken in his life have not gone to complete waste.

"Northern Water Tribe? That is quite far away... Have you, by any chance, got any news from the outside world?" he asked with certain degree of hope filling his mind. "It has been hard to gather most recent news while all this warring is going on... It seems like the defeat of one great tyrant did not put end to the problems. Then again, it rarely happens like that."
    Isca smiles slightly. "I'm sorry for the interruption. My name's Isca. I'm sorry, but I have little information from the outside. I have been in Ba Sing Se for the past three years, and you know how hard it is to hear news from the outside here."
    She sighs heavily as she pays for and picks up several days' worth of trail rations. "From what I hear, things have only gotten worse since Chin's defeat. I'm sick of being cooped up within the walls of this city. If an end to the war is not coming, I will make it happen."

(OOC: Isca's still avoiding Amelia, and probably a little distance off, so someone may need to drag her and Shao back.)
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2011-08-12 at 09:27 PM.

Love wins. S'agapo.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nodding at her words, Shao smiles weakly and shakes his head. "No, it does not seem to show signs of stopping anytime soon... Crazy world, huh? I would go to fight the warlords myself, but a single man is propably not very good match for entire armies they have at their disposal... So I came here to find some help in that endeavour."

Slapping his forehead and looking bit embarassed, he scratches his dark brown hair slightly. "But where are my manners? I am Shao, and I come from Fire Nation. It was quite a surprise to see a member of Water Tribe here, but I guess that it is no less impropable than me myself ending up fighting in this war."