New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with Disney. Okay, there used to be nothing wrong with Disney, back when they did good movies and cartoons that people loved. Now they're just... well, High School Muscial, Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers is all I have to say.

And everyone needs more catmuffins.
    Butbutbut. Now Disney own both Marvel AND Pixar, so they are still awesome, Disney channel can be safely ignored. AT ALL COSTS.

Not me. No siree. I have plenty of muffins of both cat and non-cat varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Never heard of Peter Broderick. He good? I'm also assuming he's a musician.

You're nineteen either this month or next; and you're a medium eccentric who's a crazy artistic sailor dude who likes citrus flavoured gelatine desserts.
    Now I've shattered your paranoid illusion go curl up in that corner there and nibble on crumpets.

I know the film's not much like the book, but I haven't read the actual book since I was ten. I remember it was good though.
    He's great. On spotify, if you ever bothered getting it.

I don't recall saying I liked lemon je- oh. I see what you did there. Very clever. No I don't think I will. I shall stick with my chocolatine and sob uncontrollably because you can't remember my birthday. Ahuhuhuhuhuuu. :P

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    *pouts*

But I WANNA be sixteen and seventeen, even eighteen too!

(If I throw a childish temper tantrum will everyone believe that I really am only 15? )

I find it very odd, because people mistake me for much older than I am IRL as well, even thought I think that I act like really immaturely and look about twelve.
    I know how it feels to have your age mistaken. Although people tend to think that I'm younger than I actually am rather than older. It gets irritating sometimes, but it isn't that bad.

Dr.Bath, you are right, unfortunately, my sister doesn't think so.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know how it feels to have your age mistaken. Although people tend to think that I'm younger than I actually am rather than older. It gets irritating sometimes, but it isn't that bad.
    See, but when you're 30 or so, looking younger will be a benefit. And then you can laugh in the face of all the people who look older than they are. Laugh like a crazy young person.

I have no idea how old I look or come across as, though I can't remember the last time someone IDed me, so I must look at least 18.

ION: I feel oddly self-conscious when practicing presentations. I don't need to, because there's no one here to hear or see me talking to my laptop screen. But I do, all the same.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    See, but when you're 30 or so, looking younger will be a benefit. And then you can laugh in the face of all the people who look older than they are. Laugh like a crazy young person.

I have no idea how old I look or come across as, though I can't remember the last time someone IDed me, so I must look at least 18.

ION: I feel oddly self-conscious when practicing presentations. I don't need to, because there's no one here to hear or see me talking to my laptop screen. But I do, all the same.
    I mentioned something like that to a friend.

I said: "I may be 16 and I may look 12, but when I'm 60, I'll only look 56."

And I always laugh like a crazy person. Wait, are there different ways to laugh?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Most of mine were Disney too. And Wishbone. And the Iron Giant is an AMAZING movie, if so cheesy you can only watch it once a year.
    Suuuuuuuperrrrrrmaaaaaaaaan!!

I adored that movie growing up...

And yes, it's cheesy. But even so, a must-watch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

And I always laugh like a crazy person. Wait, are there different ways to laugh?
    Yeah, sure. You can cackle (a friend does this to disturbing effect), chortle, chuckle, cachinnate, crow or even crack-up.

All are subtly different.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Yeah, sure. You can cackle (a friend does this to disturbing effect), chortle, chuckle, cachinnate, crow or even crack-up.

All are subtly different.
    But in the end, nothing beats the good old maniacal laugh that causes lightning to come down in the background.
    MUAHAHAHA!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

And I've yet to see anyone to do it as consistantly well as Count Von Count.

...Though I wish he drank more blood on-screen... just sayin'...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

A sinister chuckle is often more disturbing. And that trails behind a small girl's evil giggling in skin-crawlosity (a very technical term. The SI unit for creepiness)

'They're burning the ma-an... They're burning the ma-an...' sung by a little girl as a huge wicker statue blazed is possibly the creepiest thing I've ever heard/witnessed. *shudder*

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    And I've yet to see anyone to do it as consistantly well as Count Von Count.

...Though I wish he drank more blood on-screen... just sayin'...
    I don't think he's ever drank ANY blood on-screen, but at least he isn't a Twilight poser-vampire.

Dr.Bath, that is very creepy. But I still prefer the classic maniacal laugh.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

*yawns and stretches*

Good morning playground. It would seem that I still can has tiredness.

Also, people used to guess that I was 3 or 4 years older than I actually am. These days I don't know, simply because nobody has guessed my age (and told me their guess) in years.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I once saw this one episode...

Oh, wait, that was a dream.

Anyway, g'mornin' Alteran. What's it like waking up with a Cobra inside you?
    Last edited by V'icternus; 2009-09-05 at 10:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

Wait, what? *looks inside*

EAAAAAAGH!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

On an unrelated note, I hate typo's. *Grabs Typonius, the God of Typo's, and ties him to a chair for some pistol-whipping*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think he's ever drank ANY blood on-screen, but at least he isn't a Twilight poser-vampire.

Dr.Bath, that is very creepy. But I still prefer the classic maniacal laugh.
    I think Dr. Bath looks like Archimedes after he found a method of displacement.

Edit: No wait, that is just how he looks, his actions and words are creepy.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-09-05 at 10:50 AM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #316
    Banned

A sinister chuckle is often more disturbing. And that trails behind a small girl's evil giggling in skin-crawlosity (a very technical term. The SI unit for creepiness)

'They're burning the ma-an... They're burning the ma-an...' sung by a little girl as a huge wicker statue blazed is possibly the creepiest thing I've ever heard/witnessed. *shudder*
    That film was hilarious.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

...What film is that, exactly? I'm intrigued.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Common Cold? I have that too right now.

*Sits down with handkerchief*
    Hey. You're not allowed to have me! I'm for everyone to revel in the delicious destruction of the universe together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hey. You're not allowed to have me! I'm for everyone to revel in the delicious destruction of the universe together!
    Does said destruction involve cake? Or is it a lie that will lead to destruction?
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

No destroying the Universe.

On another, unrelated note, I'm addicted to Inkscape...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Does said destruction involve cake? Or is it a lie that will lead to destruction?
    No, CAKE is attempting to build a religion. You can't build a religion if you destroy the universe.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Banned

...What film is that, exactly? I'm intrigued.
    Wicker Man.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324

On another, unrelated note, I'm addicted to Inkscape...

Why is there a G in there? Shouldn't it be TOHWWTXP? Or possibly TOoHWWTaXP?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

The cube has a point.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

...I... don't... know...

...I'm gonna fix that.

...I also think there should be at least one female in the party. (Not counting the fairly feminine looking Knight who is a guy... and definately not coutning the Gender Changing Belt incident...)

...I also use "..." way too much. I always have, actually... Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    *pouts*

But I WANNA be sixteen and seventeen, even eighteen too!

(If I throw a childish temper tantrum will everyone believe that I really am only 15? )

I find it very odd, because people mistake me for much older than I am IRL as well, even thought I think that I act like really immaturely and look about twelve.
    Ha! You're too young child, sixteen and seventeen will bore you and soak you in cynicism.

Also, in plaits I look twelve. I wore plaits when I went town with Best Friend a fortnight ago, we went into a shop and she slapped a straw hat on me. I looked in the mirror and burst out laughing.
    Honest to Deity, I looked ten. And I'm short which doesn't help.

I don't recall saying I liked lemon je- oh. I see what you did there. Very clever. No I don't think I will. I shall stick with my chocolatine and sob uncontrollably because you can't remember my birthday. Ahuhuhuhuhuuu. :P
    I have a very good excuse though! My grandad is eighty on the thirteenth. And my grandpa is seventy six on the ninth. And two of my uncles and three cousins also have birthdays this month.

But you shall have no chocolatine! Just a crumpet. Untoasted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

...I... don't... know...

...I'm gonna fix that.

...I also think there should be at least one female in the party. (Not counting the fairly feminine looking Knight who is a guy... and definately not coutning the Gender Changing Belt incident...)

...I also use "..." way too much. I always have, actually... Hmm...
    ... Same! I tend to... trail off, especially when writing on the interwebz/Instant Messenger... I wonder if there is a syndrome of something... .

Honestly, only one of the ellipses were added on purpose...
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

29. - Top - End - #329

I also use a lot of ellipses. Probably because I tend to speak like that as well.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Ellipses are fun, if not overused, but there's one way you shouldn't ever pull them out:

Recently, Little Timmy Interwebs saw a forum post he really disagreed with. That man was wrong, and his argument was wrong too! Timmy found himself not respecting the man OR his opinion. He needed to frame a rebuttal to really show that guy just what a kook he really was!

And so he wrote a snarky, sardonic post. But it was missing something. It didn't really carry over the holier-than-thou attitude Timmy was going for. He wanted to completely belittle his opponent! Finally, he came across the solution: he prefaced his argument with an ellipsis, showing just how utterly shocked he was by the gross stupidity of his fellow forumer! And just to add a little bit of extra kick, he left a line break between the ellipsis and his argument.

Now, Timmy has really show how much he disagrees with his opponent, at the reasonable cost of sounding like a complete ass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show