New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    What are you programming in? For Java, netbeans is supposed to be one of the best (I don't/have never programmed in java, but have friends who do). There's also the windows virtual suite, although the user interface sucks for that. Bloodshed is supposed to be pretty decent as well.

I'd probably just dual-boot linux and use vim, but that's what I'm used to as well.
    C++ actually. I suppose netbeans would probably work since Java and C++ share lots of syntax. I don't suppose there is a windows version of vim? I mostly need this for my parents' computer, so installing linux would probably not go over well. There is a c++ compiler installed, so I don't need to worry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

^: I wish I knew. Actually, I wish I had continued on my education of programming languages...

Mhm. Though I must say, either it's rather spotty in its development in the populace in general or it's just a side effect of moving just before puberty hit and living in a community of immigrants from all over when I was a kid, but I don't really feel like I'm part of an "us" on the state level.

It's quite interesting to feel that disconnect there.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-09-08 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #813

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    I must say, Curly, that your use of the language is truly lovely.
    I read, that's all. All my eloquence, what little I possess, is therefore atributed to far greater writers, speakers and poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Yep. Though apparently the tenors were slightly flat on the final note
    I didn't notice it, though I am purportedly tone deaf. It was beautiful anyway.

That did occur to me. In the afternoon rehearsal Nick McGegan said something about us being the future of choral music. I never thought about myself as being really part of big things in choral music, but then I've just performed in one of the proms at age 21, so maybe I should rethink that point of view.
    There you go. Maybe you'll be world famous one day.

I heard about the Stephen Fry interview. He also posted about it on his twitter. And came backstage after the performance and signed autographs (I couldn't be bothered to wade through the crowd to reach him, so I didn't get one). Oh, and apparently he said our diction was excellent, which is astounding for such a large choir.
    D:
    Shame you didn't get the autograph. And the diction was really good, I could make out virtually every word. Unlike the (bass?) soloist. And I think the mezzo - soprano. Mezzo - soprano's deeper than soprano right?

I loves my music highs Though of course the Royal Albert Hall does apply to the performance as well as the standing ovation. So it's kind of like it just put everything at a higher basic level.
    And thinking about it some more, really a standing ovation just lets you keep feeling the elation. The extent of the elation is down to the quality of the performance - in which the Royal Albert Hall was obviously a factor. Amazing setting and excellent acoustics.
    *Is envied*
    *And kinda smug*
    You deserve being smug. I wish I could see the Albert Hall, but the acoustics, even I could tell were excellent.

Your awesome, it is truly overwhelming.
    And of course this is another example of how things can't be incorrect english. A dictionary would tell you awesome is an adjective, but I just used it as a noun, something you have.
    It's a good defence, and what I really feel. I don't see why some people believe it's that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    We talked about it: There are different tiers of Us and Them. I have a lot of Us:

If I go out around town, I'm a Whitman student.

If I cross to the other side of the state, I'm from Walla Walla.

If I go to California, I'm from Washington.

If I go to Pennsylvania, I'm from the West Coast.

If I go to England, I'm from the USA.

Presumably if I leave the planet, I'm from Earth.

The difficulty lies in where US stops. Because eventually it does, and that's where wars happen. In the American Civil War, people's concept of "us" didn't really extend beyond the state they lived in: A person was a Georgian first, a Southerner second, and an American last of all. People in the north may have been Americans, but they were Northerners. Pennsylvanians. Not Us.

(For my ancestors, it was the southerners who were Thems). And it was after the war that things started to reverse so that people were American first, West Coaster second, Washingtonian third.)

Sorry. It's interesting.
    I know.
    And when it gets to such a small place like Britland Us and Them goes very deep. There's even a secondary school Us, Them and Those People because we have three secondary schools.
    And the Us and Them dichotomy is fascinating and yes, politically important. I've often wondered how far Us and Them has affected literature.
    Answer: all literature is Us and Them, but often it's family v. family or country v. country and not often dwelt on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Epic-length Curly multi-quotes intimidate me. Mostly because I have no idea what's going on. >.>

*hides from giant pink boxes o' doom*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Epic-length Curly multi-quotes intimidate me. Mostly because I have no idea what's going on. >.>

Those boxes are not pink. They are light brown. Those pink boxes you speak about are spies.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Join the club, we've got jackets.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #817

v.v
    Sowwy.
    I don't want to scare the cute Cobra.
    *hugs sowwy*

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #818

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It's a good defence, and what I really feel. I don't see why some people believe it's that awesome.
    Because you're eloquent in your impassioned expression of what you feel.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    v.v
    Sowwy.
    I don't want to scare the cute Cobra.
    *hugs sowwy*
    No be sowwy! *snuggles*

There aren't enough pink boxes o' doom in the entire world to keep Cobra away from a cutie like you! I dun care if they're actually light brown, they're close enough to pink for me, and pink boxes o' doom sounds better. =P

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Mhm. Though I must say, either it's rather spotty in its development in the populace in general or it's just a side effect of moving just before puberty hit and living in a community of immigrants from all over when I was a kid, but I don't really feel like I'm part of an "us" on the state level.
    That's because, at least in the region where I live, the whole "state Us" thing is largely no longer existent. Somehow, post-Civil War, we became more about The Country and less about The State.

11. - Top - End - #821

NecromancerGuy

I only get frisky about people I want to seduce, myself. I'm just too staid to get all up for it unless there's a possibility of romance in it.

That might just be the spoony bard in me though.

haha. Spoony bard.

Hmm. I wonder if the fascination cats have with boxes and cubby holes to hide in is from some kind of carry over from when they lived in deserts and would bed down in little nooks, crannies, and caves... My brother's cat just crawled into a little flat space in my bedside bookshelf, almost tipping the phone in there over.

Cobes: I hope you know just how wrong it all sounds when you turn 'em pink and associate them with curly and fearing her.

Curly: Your words convince some of us that you are hot, mostly. In addition to what Thufir said.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-09-08 at 02:35 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #822

Though I must say, either it's rather spotty in its development in the populace in general or it's just a side effect of moving just before puberty hit and living in a community of immigrants from all over when I was a kid, but I don't really feel like I'm part of an "us" on the state level.
    I found the same thing here in Michigan. There is, however, a very deep divide between Detroit and Everywhere Else.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Cobes: I hope you know just how wrong it all sounds when you turn 'em pink and associate them with curly and fearing her.
    ...you've completely lost me. What are you accusing me of now?

14. - Top - End - #824

NecromancerGuy

^: Something lewd, Cobra. Something quite lewd. involving pink and box as keywords. Curly is another keyword, but that's a given.

<_< I think that's because there's two camps on Detroit. The camp that lives there that think everyone should be moved out of it and the place wiped off of the map and replaced with something where people would want to live and the camp that just thinks it should be wiped off the map with the people who live there still in it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-09-08 at 02:44 PM.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #825

...you've completely lost me. What are you accusing me of now?
    I think he is accusing you of being afraid of Curly's feminine side. I think. She is an intimidating person, though, in my mind, it has more to do with her impressive posting ability than her use of feminine wiles. Then again, all women are scary because of their feminine wiles. Such things are not for mere mortals(i.e. men) to grok.

<_< I think that's because there's two camps on Detroit. The camp that lives there that think everyone should be moved out of it and the place wiped off of the map and replaced with something where people would want to live and the camp that just thinks it should be wiped off the map with the people who live there still in it.
    Then there is the camp that thinks that everybody outside the city is out to get the city and its denizens. Then there is the camp that just wants to dance as it burns. Hence Devil's night.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2009-09-08 at 02:46 PM.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I think he is accusing you of being afraid of Curly's feminine side. I think. She is an intimidating person, though, in my mind, it has more to do with her impressive posting ability than her use of feminine wiles. Then again, all women are scary because of their feminine wiles. Such things are not for mere mortals(i.e. men) to grok.
    Curly intimidates me with her being so much smarter than my puny reptilian brain can understand.

...but everybody kinda does that. =P

*snuggles everyone anyway*

17. - Top - End - #827

NecromancerGuy

I dunno, I'd quite enjoy being able to grok a dame like Curly or Deary.

Now as to whether that's possible, I guess we'd just have to find out the hard way.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno, I'd quite enjoy being able to grok a dame like Curly or Deary.

Now as to whether that's possible, I guess we'd just have to find out the hard way.
    My tactic is to simply assume all women are out of my league, as it's most likely true. It makes it sooo much easier to be comfortable around someone if you don't think there's any chance of a relationship happening.

Then, if they do end up liking you...hey! Pleasant surprise AND and ego boost! Awesome! =P

Cobra does not advocate this as a valid tactic for wooing women. Rather, Cobra acknowledges his incompetence when it comes to the art of romance and wishes everyone the best in such endeavors.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Orc in the Playground

So, guys, tomorrow I have to go and get a haircut. And I'm paranoid about hairdressers who cut too much hair.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Catmuffin by Captain Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ikari
    We're having pirate/steampunk combat outside a temporal rift to a goth club run by the Playground senate.

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

20. - Top - End - #830

NecromancerGuy

So tell them you're starting with a trim and ask for about an inch off to start with and then go from there?

I mean, as long as you communicate with them, they generally won't do anything to actively go against your wishes.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #831

The same thing has been stopping me from getting a haircut.

Does anyone here know why fruit thee smells like the thee they are suppose to but taste like regular thee? And why they can't make the thee taste like the fruit

22. - Top - End - #832

NecromancerGuy

What dost thou speakest of, good sir? Fruit Thee? I have never heard of such a thing.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #833

And now, I must leave you once again, to return to my student house, because my food is there. I really look forward to when we get internet installed there so I can stay online at all hours and not miss vast swathes of random banter.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nobody View Post
    So, guys, tomorrow I have to go and get a haircut. And I'm paranoid about hairdressers who cut too much hair.
    Helpful Hint: Make sure you know exactly how long an inch is. I don't...

This has been the source of many unexpected results on the rare occasion I get my hair cut.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #835

It was a gift box with 9 different "flavours" so I'm definitely going to drink it all, I was just wondering if anyone knew.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra
    Helpful Hint: Make sure you know exactly how long an inch is. I don't...

This has been the source of many unexpected results on the rare occasion I get my hair cut.
    One inch is enough. The scissor wielding person who cuts more than 1 inch of my hair will not live to see another day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

We're having pirate/steampunk combat outside a temporal rift to a goth club run by the Playground senate.

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

You COULD just take my solution and cut your OWN hair.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Or mine and shave your head!
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

29. - Top - End - #839

Because you're eloquent in your impassioned expression of what you feel.
    Thanks.

No be sowwy! *snuggles*

There aren't enough pink boxes o' doom in the entire world to keep Cobra away from a cutie like you! I dun care if they're actually light brown, they're close enough to pink for me, and pink boxes o' doom sounds better. =P
    They look pink - brown to m.
    *huggles the Cobra*

Curly: Your words convince some of us that you are hot, mostly. In addition to what Thufir said.
    But . . . I'm not. Guess I'll trust to my beautiful words then to fashion an illusion of physical beauty then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Curly intimidates me with her being so much smarter than my puny reptilian brain can understand.

...but everybody kinda does that. =P

*snuggles everyone anyway*
    I intimidate and scare people?
    *cries quietly in a corner displaying none of her impressive posting ability (which I don't have)*

Seconded.

I also find Miss Nobody's and Captain Happy's avvies to be rather taking. Especially Miss Nobody's.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

...And the result would probably be the equivalent of my grandpa cutting my hair with garden shears, and without wearing his glasses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

HOW ARE YOU BORED???