New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nobody View Post
    ...And the result would probably be the equivalent of my grandpa cutting my hair with garden shears, and without wearing his glasses.
    You just need some good mirrors. The sort of medicine cabinet that folds out in three sections. That made it SO much easier.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I also find Miss Nobody's and Captain Happy's avvies to be rather taking. Especially Miss Nobody's.
    Oh yeah, her avatar is a true piece of art.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You just need some good mirrors. The sort of medicine cabinet that folds out in three sections. That made it SO much easier.
    I have one of those mirrors, so I may try it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    I also find Miss Nobody's and Captain Happy's avvies to be rather taking.
    Because everything's better with hats! And thank you, by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Catmuffin by Captain Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ikari
    We're having pirate/steampunk combat outside a temporal rift to a goth club run by the Playground senate.

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

So true.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    C++ actually. I suppose netbeans would probably work since Java and C++ share lots of syntax. I don't suppose there is a windows version of vim? I mostly need this for my parents' computer, so installing linux would probably not go over well. There is a c++ compiler installed, so I don't need to worry about that.
    netbeans does have a C++ edition, but you have to pay for it; only the Java one is free.

If you've got your own compiler, you may fare well using the Microsoft stuff, as the annoying part with it is mostly compiling and debugging.

Fake edit: also, vim for Windows

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Sooo, guess what sucks? I'll give you a hint. It's the ten minute drive between me and the skytrain station.

know why it sucks? I don't have a driver's license, and there aren't any buses at 1AM when I'm coming home.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #847
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Sooo, guess what sucks? I'll give you a hint. It's the ten minute drive between me and the skytrain station.

know why it sucks? I don't have a driver's license, and there aren't any buses at 1AM when I'm coming home.
    Feet are made for walking?
    And for the record I've gone walking alone outside at three a.m before. It's dark and quiet. A bit boring really.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes, but if it's a ten-minute drive, then that means it's about an hour's walk, assuming that his walking speed is 5 mph and driving would be at 30 mph.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's not the time that's the problem. I've walked home at all hours. It's more the distance. Approximately 6.5km, which won't be too fun to walk.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I intimidate and scare people?
    *cries quietly in a corner displaying none of her impressive posting ability (which I don't have)*
    It isn't you so much as all women. Your gender is truly an intimidating one. Furthermore, you make these huge, multiquoting posts that look worse than they actually are. This is especially true if someone is jumping into the thread after not having been in it for 3 or four iterations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Women scare me, yes. If only because when I look in any female's eyes they seem to know more about me from how I hold myself than I know from living with me all my life.

It's the constant desire of the male to appear the best he can when observed by the female. Only in the most platonic relationships (relatives, for example) is this not true. It's all strut strut accept me I can be the seed to your bearer genetic imperative behavior that's really hard to fight.

So... I suppose women don't actually scare men, but make us feel watched and judged, which makes us nervous and such.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I dunno, I usually feel as at ease among girls as I am among guys. I guess I don't have as strong an urge to impress most femmes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Females are not scary to me, unless they are planning on inflicting physical harm. But considering that I do not have an urge to impress females, the fear of rejection is minor or non-existent.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I refuse to read 6 pages of RB. Deal with it. I know you guys care.

Yah, most of my friends are female... then again, about half are batting for the other team, and the other half are taken, so what's the point in trying to impress anyone?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Take note that my postulations are dealing with most cases, not all, but the need to impress is subconscious in any event. Many users here are likely to have a reasonable number of friends of the opposite sex. Hell, at least half my friends are female, and I'm closer to some of them as well.

In other, less me pretending to know what the hell I'm talking about news, school looks like it will be good this year.

16. - Top - End - #856

@Phase: The same need to impress and the resulting nervousness can affect women/girls too.

@Phase again: What subjects are you taking?

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently I've got Honor's Bio, American History, Hebrew, some Math, PE, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Not exciting, but that's the way I like it.

18. - Top - End - #858

I'm jealous. I haven't gotten to take Hebrew ever since I started college, since my school's foreign languages department isn't the greatest, and doesn't offer any higher-level foreign language classes besides French and Spanish.
    Last edited by Groundhog; 2009-09-08 at 06:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    I'm jealous. I haven't gotten to take Hebrew ever since I started college, since my school's foreign languages department isn't the greatest, and doesn't offer any higher-level foreign language classes besides French and Spanish.
    I took Hebrew in secondary school actually, didn't really enjoy it much though. I wanted to take history too, but the way the time table worked meant that I couldn't. *Grumbles* A subject I actually liked, and I couldn't take it. *mumbles to self*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-09-08 at 06:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860

Well, you have managed to get more than I. I really want to study Hebrew. It is up there with Ukrainian among the languages I want to study but have never had the time for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Language... took one year of latin as a high school freshman. Never. Again.

22. - Top - End - #862

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Language... took one year of latin as a high school freshman. Never. Again.
    What's wrong with Latin? It's a nice language. And it's great for ominous chanting.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

23. - Top - End - #863

It's great for ominous anything, actually. Morituri te salutamus...

24. - Top - End - #864
    Banned

Jawesome.

I just completed Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.

25. - Top - End - #865

It's great for ominous anything, actually. Morituri te salutamus...
    Y'know, unless you're talking to someone who knows Latin. Then you probably sound silly.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

26. - Top - End - #866

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Y'know, unless you're talking to someone who knows Latin. Then you probably sound silly.
    Well, if I'd said that right before final exams, it wouldn't sound silly at all.
    "Morituri te salutamus" means "We who are about to die salute you."

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if I'd said that right before final exams, it wouldn't sound silly at all.
    "Morituri te salutamus" means "We who are about to die salute you."
    I dislike exams as much as the next person, but isn't "we who are about to die" a little extreme? I mean, even after factoring in dramatic license (I mean, most of that license was taken up saying it in Latin ), its still a little extreme.

In other news, my classes on Days 1/3 are: Java, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, in that order. I have all three science disciplines consecutively. Talk about being about to die...
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    In other news, my classes on Days 1/3 are: Java, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, in that order. I have all three science disciplines consecutively. Talk about being about to die...
    If all of those are as difficult as biology was for me last year, then yeah, that'll be a lot a work. Fun, too! But also work. I mean, it was a good amount of work, but I still did better in it than I did in grade 10 science. It was the kind of hard work that can still be done very well as long as you put in the effort.

Tomorrow I have my first class of Biotech (I suppose you do as well, Shadow), and I'm excited about that. Woo!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

*snuggles Curly*...no worries, hun, I'm just teasing.

*snuggles everyone else sleepily*...woo for being done with classes for the day! And perfect scores on tests! =D

*snuggles Miss Nobody, too, just for making the cutest avvies of all time*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

30. - Top - End - #870

What exactly is Biotech?