New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Old Republic: After the War (IC)

Lierolla moves quietly over to a spot near the door being asaulted, and waits for the lightsaber to complete its work...

Spoiler
    Show

Readied Action: Force Disarm whoever's cutting through the door.
    [roll="'UTF Check"]1d20+13[/roll]

Edit:....what?

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-08-10 at 07:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lierolla
    The hole appears in the door, and then your power causes the masked sith on the other side lose grip of the lightsaber. The hole is just big enough to get through without significant trouble. The sith on the other side doesn't seem to give up yet, but pulls a backup weapon, a blaster pistol, and fires.
    Initiative: (1d20+7)[14]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage Roll: (3d6)[13]
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Lierolla
    "Initiative" - (1d20+2)[19]

Well, if Lierolla loses Initiative she's unconscious already, so...

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Lierolla
    Lierolla calls the lightsaber to herself and deftly catches it in her off-hand - this brings her personal collection of Lightsabers up to 4. Maybe she should find someone to sell the spares to...

Before the Sith has a chance to finish drawing his pistol, Lierolla's accomplished two things: First, the ignition of her lightsaber (just the one - she hasn't got two weapon fighting), and second, an attempt at using Telekinesis.

Spoiler
    Show

"UTF" - (1d20+13)[24]
    Hopefully that's enough to bypass the Sith's Will Defense. I'll roll the 4d6 damage in the OOC thread.

Incidentally, she's tossing him against a wall around the corner from her... so he cannot shoot back at her;)
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-08-12 at 01:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lierolla
    The sith tries to draw, but gets slammed to the wall instead. He stays there, not wanting to present himself as a target apparently.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Leaving his weapons behind him, Volner attempts to use the Aural Ampification* systems in his helmet to determine the position of the attackers.

*OOC: The thing in helmet packages that gives +2 to perception
    Last edited by Squark; 2010-08-15 at 07:17 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Continuation!
    "UTF" - (1d20+13)[29]
    I'll put the Damage roll in the OOC thread once I know how many dice I get this round.

Hugging the wall, just around the corner from her target, Lierolla's mind tosses him back across his corridor again.

It's a hard balancing act: She has to keep bashing him into walls without dropping him, flinging him too far away (which would lead to her dropping him), or pulling him too close to the corner (which would allow him to shoot her, possibly). Likewise she's stuck near the corner by the limits of her own range: If she retreats and he's still conscious it just means he'll hunt her down...

...above all else, Lierolla's thinking to herself, 'I hope he didn't bring friends'.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-08-15 at 10:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

I can't sense them, come on, lets do this the old fashioned way, Alek hefts his sabers, turning to explore the base for intruders, How will we know them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"Silver Armor and Red Lightsabers like this one, probably." Volner briefly gestures to a confiscated lightsaber he has stowed in his tool belt, before returning to trying to pinpoint the sith with his scanner, then suddenly slaps himself on the forehead. "I am such an idiot. They've got to be after the prisoner- It's a rescue mission- Or maybe they're here to silence her. Quick, which way are the holding cells?"
    Last edited by Squark; 2010-08-15 at 03:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Alek ignites one of his sabers momentarily, Good thing I don't have silver armor then, eh?
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"Right. You're in the lead then, Jedi. I'll cover your back- As much as I hate to say it, I'm in no condition to fight, and I'll only slow you down with this limp." Without waiting for an answer, Volner stows his rifle in the crate he brought in and pulls out a heavy blaster. "I'd prefer not to leave carbon scoring all over the walls." Is all the explanation he gives.
    Last edited by Squark; 2010-08-17 at 09:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pip
    Not wanting to stand around doing nothing. Pip sneaks out into the hallways and has a look around for any signs of intruders. His slugthrower rifle at the ready.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just in case here's my initiative. (1d20+8)[18] Stealth (1d20+8)[18] and for in the hallways and seeing what the commotion is a perception check (1d20+7)[9]
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

She rolls her eyes impatiently.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lierolla
    You slam the sith into the wall once more, and he falls limp. You briefly see him from the hole as he falls down on his face. A blaster drops down after him. There do not seem to be any more sith there.
    Everyone Else
    All the doors are closed for now. "The holding cells are that way." Gorram points at one door. "They may well be after her, so let us go there." He speaks in the comlink. Squad 1, guard the mechanics hall. Squad 2. Split up to guard all info sensitive areas. Contact me if trouble arises. Gorram makes his way to a door, and placed his hand on the mechanism, opening the door. "The sith have the camera room." He said. The hallway lead to the holding pens, and you see one barred cell in the back of the hallway, before it turns a corner.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Use Computer" - (1d20+12)[28]

With her assailant down, Lierolla calls his weapon to her. A moment is all it takes to switch it to its stun setting, and unload several shots into his body. Enough to keep him down without needing her to resort to shooting the wounded.

Then she returns to her quarters, and locks the door behind her. She switches her comlink on to Gorram's men's frequency, and places a call while she's getting her sensor gear and her computer set up.

"This base is under attack. Heads up: Who else is still alive?"

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Which way is the camera room? I can take it back.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"I'll go with you. In my condition, I'm probably more useful acting as CI. Pip, can you help these men secure the cell block?"

Over helmet com: "Gorram's alive, as are Aislin, myself, and a few other mercs Gorram's hired."
    Last edited by Squark; 2010-08-23 at 01:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408

Pip
    "Not a problem, but will need someone to open door for me." He raises his rifle into a ready position and positions himself next to the door Gorram is pointing at. He flicks his rifle to rock and roll. He is apparently ready to fire at the first enemy on the other side.

"Also, remind me. Afterwords to requisition some flashbang grenades. Tactically handy in combat, specifically clearing scenarios. Feel foolish for not having them."

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to fire at the first enemy on the other side of the door. And the swift action prior to this to go into full auto.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2010-08-23 at 11:22 PM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

(Helmet Com)"Lierolla. We're trying to recapture the security room and use the cameras to set up a CI. Can you rendezvous with us there?"

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Whoiam
    "We know already." An unknown voice speaks back into the comlink. From the sounds of it, he's busy with something. "Boss put the entire facility in lockdown."
    Cell Area
    Turning the corner, you see that this are is yet to be breached. There are cameras swiveling around in the hallway, and the sith is meditating in one of the cells. "This is the only way in. They shouldn't have gotten here yet. But it's their probable objective, and you never know about sith." Gorram seemed to be in deep thought for a second. "Back to the hall."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

21. - Top - End - #411

Pip
    "Hmmm..." He looks from the prisoner in the cells to the cameras. He fires at the cameras in the jail and destroys them. He looks at the guards who came with him.

"Need ambush location, stay hidden in this room. I wait outside hiding, when enemy arrives will ambush him, must remember. Stay here going to shut out lights in hallway. Humans generally have less than amazing night vision. Alek I will let you choose own initiative, not sure of your skills yet. Could use help with ambush though, or.... if you really want to help. Can lure Sith here and distract him so he does not notice me so easily. Up to you, but not much time left. Think fast."

With that he heads out into the hallway and looks for some sort of switch or panel he can pull back to disable the lights. He also tries to find a nook or somewhere he could hide lying in wait for the Sith to try get his ally out of prison.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed an attack roll to hit cameras. (1d20+4)[16] Dmg (2d8+1)[13] And finally a perception check and in case it need it mechanics to disable the lights int he hallways leading to the cells. Perception (1d20+7)[15] Mechanics (1d20+16)[30]
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2010-08-31 at 10:47 PM.

Exile

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Cell Area
    Gorram nods and so do the guards. Gorram turns to leave, noting the guards to leave with him. He turns to Alek "This is the key to the camera room." He hands a peculiar looking key to Alek. "The camera room is located in a hallway, second door from the right from the mess hall."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Lierolla

Over the comlink: "I don't think I'm in the right state for heroics. I took down one but that's about the top end of my potential right now."

Slight pause as she checks the sensor's readout. Her quickly sliced-together program isn't up to the task of telling friend from foe, but at least it gives her an idea of how many life signs there are about...

...and by extension, how likely she is to die if she tries to make a break for the others.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

How close is your room to the mess? 'Camera Room isn't far from there, and once we own the cameras, keeping the sith under control will be a lot easier."

To Alek "You lead, Jetti."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lierolla
    You read around 140 life sings in the base or its vicinity. The number is an estimate, and includes everything living of around human size around, including bystanders.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Lierolla
    "Sorry, but it's too risky. I have no idea what's out there and I'm carrying too many injuries to survive another fight. You're on your own until you've taken the security room."

With that, Lierolla settles down to wait for the outcome of their little quest...