New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wasp's Sting- IC

Smith casts Repair Moderate Damage on Lock, then offers a hand to help him out of the coffin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Repair Moderate Damage heals (2d8+3)[11]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

After the dancers were all dead Veidro shrinks back to normal. Then Joins his comrades over by the coffin. waiting for them to open it up sword ready to strike anything that has bad intentions. After realizing it was the warforged they all was looking he lowers his blade. Seeing the damage done to Lock Veidro gained pity for the Warforged. All the anger and resentment he felt melted away. So he stands there looking onward whats before him. but he still had questions for Lock but the way Lock looked, he may not get any answers

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

When the spell is cast on the warforged he seems to be reborn and all the major damage seems to be healed. His legs regrow, his skin looks reforged, the acid-damage is removed and both of his eyes look healthy. It's not just his body that looks better, his mind, his spirit, seems to be repaired too. The warforged, who identified himself as Lock, seems to "awaken" from his trauma "into" this world again. He becomes aware of his environment and regains consciousness. As soon as he starts looking around, his majestic demeanor becomes undeniable, there is almost something royal to his entire visage, something wise, something pride. Some wounds though, psychological injury, can't be repaired by any spell, and his royal demeanor can't hide the terrible sadness and pain in his eyes.

He hesitates to speak, but when he does, he does so very fluently and eloquent. "I.. I must thank you for... saving me, strangers. After I was saved years ago from slavery, I took on the name of Lock and people started to call me Lock the Wise, the Honest or just Lock the Good, however, after recent events, I think my old name of Gardener, picked by my former owner, and the titles of the Fool or the Naive, might be more appropriate." He accepts Smith's hand as he helps him out of the coffin.

"Given that you are all here and saved me, I must assume you know something about me or about this place, but undoubtedly you have questions and I'll try to answer them. But first, tell me your names, so I know how to properly address you all."

After looking at the bodies of the dancers lying all over the place, we need to hurry though, there isn't much time, the warforged looks at each one of the group, but looks surprised, and somewhat happy at Veidro. "You must be Veidro. Your friends speak very high of you. It's an honour to meet you at last."

---
    EDIT: Also, Parlity, I'll need some more background on Kio. Such as the name of the warforged Kio is looking for and how well Kio knew these orc that owned the warforged, (if I understand your background correctly). If you don't know a name or more background, I can make one up.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-10-27 at 03:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Thudruk

Thudruk holds his handaxe by his side, but not sheathing it. "I am Thudruk. I was Shields owner, master and friend." he says, with a glare.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Kio backs away from the coffin to give Lock room to stand up. "I'm Kio, Worker's friend. What's happened to him?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Something in his eyes, Lock seems to remember something when he hears those names, he seems to remember there is still hope. Still a way to redeem himself.

"Shield? Worker? I don't know what has become of them, but I fear it can't be good and it is all my fault. I was tricked by lies and illusions, made to believe the inhabitants of this place, whatever they really are, could guide us to the settlement and freedom we seek, I led my followers, who believed in me, into this place. These things, trapped us, locked us up. Somewhere deep inside this hill is a big ink-black pool, silent and deadly. I don't know why, but the dancers wanted to know if it is possible to go through the pool, dive in it, go to what is beneath, whatever it might be. The water of the pool though is poisonous, burns the skin and there are dangerous fish swimming in it. They are too scared to go in it themselves. Each day, they threw one of us inside the pool, to see if we could survive and tell them what we saw, what was beneath. All of my followers though were retreaved completely disfigured and dead, I could hear them scream in agony as their bodies were exposed to the water. Scarred, burned, almost unrecognisable. Parts of them were even eaten away by something. Eventually only 3 of us were left, Shield, Worker and me. I was thrown in yesterday, but pretended to be dead when they retreaved my body, how I survived, I don't know. I fear Shield and Worker might not be so lucky. We don't have much time."
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-10-28 at 02:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

quite relieved but somewhat shocked that Lock knew his name. "hmph they speak highly of Veidro but yet they nearly killed Veidro. Where my friends?, Were they thrown in also?"
    Last edited by Scotty88; 2009-10-28 at 07:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

"I am sorry, but Shield is also dead. We found him in the next room."

Lowering his voice, Smith continues, "I came to warn you that you had made enemies who were moving against you, but it seems you have found enemies here, as well. I think I have a solution, but it can wait until we find Worker."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

After the question of Veidro, Lock seems to have difficulty deciding how to answer. "I... I don't know where they are or what happened. The dancers told us it would be better if we told no one where we would be going. Your friends didn't like what they did, but the dancers convinced us it was... needed..... They liked being with you, but they thought you might not be able to resist coming with them or following them.... I don't know what happens to them, before we came to the hill we had a small... disagreement... and they left us."

After the words of Smith, "WHAT! This can't be true. Show me his body! I must see it!" Accepting the results of your actions isn't always easy.

10. - Top - End - #100

Flumph

Kio sheaths his longsword and says, "Shield's body is in the other room." He walks quickly into the other room.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

As you enter the old first room, you all see you are no longer alone, a horrible black gibbering mass of flesh and teeth, while babbling incoherently, is sitting on top of Shield's body, devouring it. It has the form of an amoeba, but countless of eyes and mouths form and disappear all over the creature, often retreating into its body even as they become apparent. The creature is quite small and it moves over Shield's body in a eerie, disjointed fashion, as it lunges several of its mouths in a direction, bites in the ground or in a part of Shields body and drags its body behind it.

You can all hear gibberish coming from its mouths, yet 1 voice, sounding less insane can be heard, special, not like the others, saying "The void, the emptiness, please, let it stop" is present.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-10-31 at 11:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Initiative of the gibbering mass of flesh and teeth: (1d20+1)[16]

If you decide to attack it, that is. I will include a map tomorrow, but you can all assume that he is within walking distance.

13. - Top - End - #103

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, broke the post

Initiative:
    (1d20-1)[3]

(1d5)[5]
    (1d4)[2]
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-11-07 at 10:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+1)[9]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Thudruk

Seeing Shields body being devoured by the thing, Thudruk yells out in anger, hatred, and just a bit of panic, before screaming at the creature. "taikuutta ohjus!

As he shouts, a glowing orb flies from his outstreched hand, and streams towards the creature with unnerving accuracy.

Spoiler
    Show
    I cast magic missle at the darkness! damage - (1d4+4)[8]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

[OOC] Alright, now how am I going to do this...

Firstly, Thrudruk made an attack and it hits.

Initiative of those involved:
    Monster: 16
    Smith: 3
    Kio: 9
    Veidro and Thruduk: not yet determined.

I'll determine them now:
    Veidro: (1d20+2)[9]
    Thudruk: (1d20+2)[22]

In any case, we are still in the first round of combat. Thudruk already did his turn for this round and depending on the initiatives of Veidro and Thudruk my next post will not only contain a more detailed story of how Thudruk hit the thing, but also its reaction.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

OOC: Alright, so the initiative order is: Thudruk, Monster, Veidro/Kio, Smith, Lock.
    I'll roll again for both Kio and Vediro to determine who is better. I'll roll a d6. if 1, 2 or 3: Kio goes first. If 4, 5 or 6: Veidro goes before Kio.
    (1d6)[4]
    -----
    The map
    Spoiler
    Show

S,T,K,V: the party
    L: Lock, (the warforged NPC)
    G: Gibbering mass with mouths and eyes.
    C: Shield's body
    -,|:wall
    .:floor
    LS....C....|
    |.T...G....|
    |..........|
    |..........|
    |..........|
    |..........|
    |..........|
    ___.._______

So, actually this map is squared, if you count the "squares". If you got confused, you just got through the door on the left, you are in the original room, with the original entrance in the south. The other doors aren't drawn as they are closed.

As Thudruk shouts, a glowing orb flies from his outstreched hand, and streams towards the creature with unnerving accuracy. It hits the target and as it hits it, the monster stops eating and all eyes look into Thudruks direction. Angry, mad, insane and full of hate. All the mouths have stopped saying gibberish and now, in synch, start to say magical words as well, ancient words. As the creature speaks the words of power, the words echo in Thudruk's ears, making the world itself less comprehensible for him, making it difficult for him to concentrate, to focus, to reason. All others can hear the the words to, but as faint murmurs coming from around Thudruk's head and they don't suffer the effects. The echoes (as perceived by Thudruk) become louder and louder and make him confused.

The monster doesn't move towards the party, but waits to see who'll strike next. His eyes seem to be full of joy when seeing the goblin suffer.

Thudruk is entitled to a will save to negate it, or suffer it for 5 rounds. [SoD may throw for the saving throw before next round starts, else I'll throw it instead.]
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-11-02 at 02:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Somewhat shocked to what Lock to him Veidro stare out into open space. Then snapping back into reality after Kio speaks out about Shield and the others head out back to the room where Shield's body was at. He had more questions for Lock but it would have to wait for they had a battle at hand with a disgusting lookin blob. But he looks at Lock "Veidro has more questions for you but they can wait." he looks at the blob and quick draws his weapon then shifts

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

His eyes fixed on the collection of flesh, eyes and mouths sitting on top of the corps of his former friend, Lock stammers: "Yes, ... Veidro... Of course, we will talk..."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Thudruk

will - (1d20+3)[6]

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Thudruk tries to resist the words entering his mind, yet he is too weak. The words dominate his thoughts, his perception, rewrite them, replace them. It's overwhelming and he doesn't know what to do. Confusion fills his entire persona. Beneath the confusion, the madness, however is sanity, one word: Xoriat.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-11-02 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Flumph

Kio draws his longsword and moves closer to the monster. "Who was that speaking before? What were you saying about the void and emptiness?"

23. - Top - End - #113

Smith turns to Lock and tells him, "Here, hold this," passing him the sunrod as he does so. He then casts Bull's Strength on himself.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

[Sorry about the late reply]

Lock accepts the sunrod from Smith and he starts humming in a very morale boosting manner.

The monster doesn't seem to react at all to Kio's words.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    Since nobody else seems to be taking their turns, I'll take mine.

Smith's available maneuvers:
    {table]1|Charging Minotaur
    2|Douse the Flames
    3|Leading the Attack
    [/table]
    (1d3)[1]
    Crusader's Strike
    Vanguard Strike

26. - Top - End - #116

Smith shouts "Get off him!" at the amorphous thing and charges, smashing into it with his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Smith uses the Charging Minotaur strike to bull rush the creature. It doesn't get an attack of opportunity, and must make an opposed strength check, with the usual modifiers for size.

Strength check:
    (1d20+6)[14]

If Smith's roll is higher, he knocks it back 5 feet, plus another 5 feet for every 5 points by which he exceeds its roll, and deals (2d6+4)[10] damage.

If he knocks it back far enough to hit the wall, he deals an additional (4d6+8)[23] damage.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

{OOC: Guys? Everything okay?]

Str check of Monster: (1d20)[7]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Smith smashes in the monster which is thrown back 5 feet. He's body seems to somewhat fall apart, yet it re-assembles itself.

29. - Top - End - #119

Spoiler
    Show
    10 feet, actually. 5 for beating his strength check, and another 5 for beating it by more than 5.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 feet, actually. 5 for beating his strength check, and another 5 for beating it by more than 5.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, right. sorry. I'll post an updated map today, not now, but later.