New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

*does search for own posts* (when did they change the time limit between searches from 300 seconds to 120?)

Results:
    apparently I did nothing but lurk for the first 4 months of membership (also my itp birthday is coming )

Also for the first several months I posted mostly in Roleplaying games and homebrew, with a couple of posts in the request an avatar thread.

As to the content... well... they're slightly better now I think

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Sigh. I couldn't sleep, so I sifted through my backlogs...

I just had to make this now, to redeem myself in my own eyes...

Doesn't look familiar?

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, looks awesome!

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I like it, even if it is a poo wyvern.

Man I'm tired. That was the best I could come up with?

...ION: Running to catch the bus after falling over from the pain of a dozen fire ants biting you from your butt to your knees is not fun and bad for whatever it is that's on the front of your lower leg beneath the knee, that stuff opposite the calf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm listening to Mika's new album.

I played it for everyone else in my house and apparently I have terrible taste in music, because none of them liked it at all.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yes. You're bad and you should feel bad, Deary.

Honestly. Can't even spell his name Micah....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

I played it for everyone else in my house and apparently I have terrible taste in music, because none of them liked it at all.
    See, the real answer is they have terrible taste in music. ;) But actually, the guy sounds really... weird from his wikipedia page (yes, all my musical information usually comes from wiki, sue me).

I dislike my math... argh.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just downloaded this and I love it, so that's two of us with terrible taste. I'm happily singing along to it while I desperately try to finish my methodology chapter. Sure, it's mindless cheesy pop but I like that. I'm happy having poor taste in music.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Firbolg in the Playground

Righ!
    Things done: my first lecture (Introduction to decadence and aesthetes); my first essay was handed in half an hour bbefore the deadline.
    All is good.

Things to do: buy Pratchett's new book and devour it in hours. Then lend it to a friend. Also, eat lunch. And another lecture.

Seriously, for fifty minutes we cram a lot of stuff in, and it's all challenging stuff. Ca't wait for the next one.

Also, I almost missed my first lecture as I was cold and too tired to get to sleep and then I slept until half past nine. Good thing my faculty building's nearby. Missed brekkie though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Righ!
    Things done: my first lecture (Introduction to decadence and aesthetes); my first essay was handed in half an hour bbefore the deadline.
    All is good.

Things to do: buy Pratchett's new book and devour it in hours. Then lend it to a friend. Also, eat lunch. And another lecture.

Seriously, for fifty minutes we cram a lot of stuff in, and it's all challenging stuff. Ca't wait for the next one.

Also, I almost missed my first lecture as I was cold and too tired to get to sleep and then I slept until half past nine. Good thing my faculty building's nearby. Missed brekkie though.
    Hop to it now! chopchop! *pushes along*

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Sigh. I couldn't sleep, so I sifted through my backlogs...

I just had to make this now, to redeem myself in my own eyes...

Doesn't look familiar?

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, I seem to recall a webcomic in the Playground a while back to do with dragons... I wonder what happened to it...

@toasty: How dare you disparage the mightiest and most noble of all academic disciplines. Need any help?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #1122

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hop to it now! chopchop! *pushes along*

Slave driver. Just for that you're not invited to my cyber party.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    @toasty: How dare you disparage the mightiest and most noble of all academic disciplines. Need any help?
    I'm sorry, but toasty wasn't talking about English, maybe you're confused?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Slave driver. Just for that you're not invited to my cyber party.
    *GASP! :O* *Makes you a full fry-up breakfest*

14. - Top - End - #1124

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *GASP! :O* *Makes you a full fry-up breakfest*
    No eggs, no beans, heavy on the bacon, sausages and toast. Lots of butter and jam please.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #1125

Rawr! quick, whats the best way to get rid of a song that's stuck in my head? Can't get Bycicle race by queen out of my head, and it's driving me insane.
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

No eggs, no beans, heavy on the bacon, sausages and toast. Lots of butter and jam please.
    Don't push it. e_e

17. - Top - End - #1127

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    Rawr! quick, whats the best way to get rid of a song that's stuck in my head? Can't get Bycicle race by queen out of my head, and it's driving me insane.

I fail to understand . . .
    Why would you want to get a Queen song, especially such a good one, out of your head?
    I suggest listening to Bohemian Rhapsody. If that fails try Another One Bitea the Dust.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1128

I'm sorry, but toasty wasn't talking about English, maybe you're confused?
    Huh. English, mighty and noble? And you have 1 lecture a week? The glorious heights of mathematics cannot be scaled so easily.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

Get another song in your head. This one normally does it for me.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Its no so much that I don't understand it justs frustrates me sometimes. Assuming I study enough I'll get good enough grades. Its remembering to study enough that is the problem.

I have the same problem with Physics, but only more so. I'm still trying to figure out if its the teacher who expects me to be slightly smarter or that I'm just too lazy and not doing enough review before the tests.

Oh, and English awesome. Essay writing is fun.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Get another song in your head. This one normally does it for me.
    Oh god, i hate you now, i'd finally managed to repress that abomination against music .

Other thna that, i love queen, it's great, but that song has been going around my head all day... OH WAIT! IT ISNT ANYMORE COZ THERES A **** ****** ***** *** ***** ** CHIMPANZEE RIDING ON A SEGWAY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

You're welcome :

In other news, I forgot to eat breakfast today...that was a mistake on my part.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Banned

Only now does it occur to me that the boogie which blesses Random Banter has been to the stiff and self-conscious gestures which accompany Queen--got no rhythm, got no flavor, gotta devote all the white-hot brainpower just to spit out that much with that style. The next boogie will be blessed with the funk. This calls for subtle changes of the wrists of the avatar and at least one foot raised from the floor, high-stepping while trying not to look like a dry run for the Mummers' Parade--yes, that's where I belong, spangled and drained, a dry little breadcrumb crumbling under the strain of keeping a beat, but I want to break free!

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Only now does it occur to me that the boogie which blesses Random Banter has been to the stiff and self-conscious gestures which accompany Queen--got no rhythm, got no flavor, gotta devote all the white-hot brainpower just to spit out that much with that style. The next boogie will be blessed with the funk. This calls for subtle changes of the wrists of the avatar and at least one foot raised from the floor, high-stepping while trying not to look like a dry run for the Mummers' Parade--yes, that's where I belong, spangled and drained, a dry little breadcrumb crumbling under the strain of keeping a beat, but I want to break free!
    But...I have no feet. What a predicament. v.v
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly. Can't even spell his name Micah....
    Well, that might be because it's pronounced "Mee-ka", not "Mai-ka"

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    I just downloaded this and I love it, so that's two of us with terrible taste. I'm happily singing along to it while I desperately try to finish my methodology chapter. Sure, it's mindless cheesy pop but I like that. I'm happy having poor taste in music.
    Yay! Most of the other music I listen to is cerebral and interesting. Besides, Mika writes, arranges, plays, and co-produces his own songs, which is better than you can say about a lot of cotton candy pop. Also from interviews it seems like he doesn't take himself too seriously.

Listen to Mika?

26. - Top - End - #1136

Yay! Most of the other music I listen to is cerebral and interesting. Besides, Mika writes, arranges, plays, and co-produces his own songs, which is better than you can say about a lot of cotton candy pop. Also from interviews it seems like he doesn't take himself too seriously.

. . .

Listen to Mika?
    He's okay, not one of my favourite musical acts, but he' good for fun. Also, that Teenage Dreams of his is horrifically addictive. Also, I could swear that I'd heard the song months before I first heard it.

@Thufir: Ha! One compulsory lecture; I have many other optional lectures, two classes a week and a tutorial.
    Silly mathematicians not being able to research their topics independantly.

Also, I need a good site with Rossinni on it.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

He's okay, not one of my favourite musical acts, but he' good for fun. Also, that Teenage Dreams of his is horrifically addictive. Also, I could swear that I'd heard the song months before I first heard it.
    Yeah, his music is like that. The first time I heard "Grace Kelly" I spent the entire time going "Where have I heard this before?!"

28. - Top - End - #1138

Yeah, his music is like that. The first time I heard "Grace Kelly" I spent the entire time going "Where have I heard this before?!"
    YOu know what we need?
    A music historian/student!
    Then he/she can tell us why it's all so familiar.
    Also: I'm really bored because I hande in my essay before noon and now I've got nothing to do until tomorrow and have had nothing to do since three.
    I mean, I have a chapter of a book to read and a poem. But that's all. And the chapter bit is optional!

I think it's to do with Mika's voice myself. That and the choruses, possibly the rhythm?

EDIT:
    And I can't play music until six! Well, obviously I can, but my door's open and I've misplaced my headphones temporarily.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-13 at 10:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's to do with Mika's voice myself. That and the choruses, possibly the rhythm?
    Likely the chord progression.

His voice is extremely unusual. But having read the wiki article, I have a lot more respect for him. Mostly the bit about his sexuality, because my brother and I keep arguing about it: he says he's GOT to be gay, which is what a lot of people think. but I think it's cool he tells the media it's none of their business.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Likely the chord progression.

His voice is extremely unusual. But having read the wiki article, I have a lot more respect for him. Mostly the bit about his sexuality, because my brother and I keep arguing about it: he says he's GOT to be gay, which is what a lot of people think. but I think it's cool he tells the media it's none of their business.
    Potentially. The parts I do remember are often the chords alongside the lyrics. And yes, he's fairly impressive impressive from what I read in that article. Couldnt really care about his sexuality myself, but a lot of people get hung up about it.

Gods below I'm bored and my head and eyes hurt because of last night. Stupid upstairs neighbour lending me Civ IV Beyond the Sword. And the essay.

So, DeeRee, how's college for you?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!