New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I'm actually skipping a meal tomorrow to remain within the safe times. Well, okay, I'm eating a massive late lunch and snacking at dinner, but still.
    My friend managed to convince me (and several other friends) that he was my assassin, but it was completely unintentional. I thought he was trying to trick me, but he was being completely honest the whole time.

Legitimate attempts to help me looked like setups, coincidental timings looked like attempts to catch me unaware, and off-hand comments sounded like jokes he was making to himself because he thought I didn't know. I felt so clever about outsmarting him, but I was only outsmarting myself.

I only learned the truth after somebody else killed me.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

In our assassins, you have to touch your target with a specific object, and you have to be alone with the person at the time.

This one guy and his buddy have been trying to kill my roommate for WEEKS. They keep writing freaky notes on our whiteboard, but they're also incredibly incompetent. One, they're two guys who keep coming into an all-girls dorm. Two, they ask everyone they see, "have you seen [roomie]?" in loud voices and they practically tackled me once when I came out of my room, only to realize I was the wrong person. It's highly amusing.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sounds quite entertaining.. Maybe you should leave them a pair of clever jeans/genes

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That's why Rule 0 is great, Rutskarn.

In case of ****-ups, drug the person who reveals they're after you, and leave them in a ditch naked in the next state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Assassins sounds like lots of fun. Lots and lots of fun.

Today I played DotA and CS for 2 and 1/2 hours with my friends. Twas fun.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Firbolg in the Playground

People of the Playground I ask your advice!
    I am equally well prepared for the following two questions on which I can base my next essay on Class and Representation in Victorian Fiction.
    I therefore ask you to choose which question I should do.
    EITHER:
    How do the authors balance sympathy and judgement?
    OR:
    How do they represent an unknown world to a middle - class reader?

And the rest is up to you.

ION:

G&S was fun. We were in a pub singing through Gondoliers and we had applause from some other patrons in the place; I loved the songs and the wit and the people; I even learnt sightreading a little more and hot to breathe for those amazingly long segments (normally for the chorus) where you have several lines spouted oneaftertheotherlikethistomusic.
    Also; one of the members there only turned eighteen today. And he's a second year undergraduate.
    Also also, after finishing at elevenish we just hung out in the room and then we were given two free pitchers of beer and ale, one free pitcher of water; two free baskets of chips and free pizza, two of.
    I left at quarter to midnight and the 'meeting' was still going on. By this time we'd all degenerated to singing random G&S songs and Disney songs.
    'Twas fun.
    Lots of fun.
    And I seem to have a part in the chorus of The Mikado even though I didn't audition. Plus the landlord of the pub is a member. Not an official member, I think, but member enough to take part in our productions.
    Wow, sounds weird to say that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I am equally well prepared for the following two questions on which I can base my next essay on Class and Representation in Victorian Fiction.
    EITHER:
    OR:

I would say that you should answer how the authors of Victorian Fiction balance sympathy and judgement, as it would be a literary analysis based the structure of the work.

As for assassins, it has been banned where I am, as it would become chaotic and dangerous.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-10-16 at 09:37 AM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

8. - Top - End - #1388

EITHER:
    OR:

A Victorian middle-class reader, I presume? In any case, I choose that one, for no better reason than it strikes me as slightly more interesting. And maybe a little bit because I think starting a class discussion in Oxford will be a little like flinging meat to very upper-class wolves.
    Last edited by Phaedra; 2009-10-16 at 09:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Chaotic and dangerous.
    Chaotic? Dangerous? Sounds like my kind of party.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    A Victorian middle-class reader, I presume? In any case, I choose that one, for no better reason than it strikes me as slightly more interesting. And maybe a little bit because I think starting a class discussion in Oxford will be a little like flinging meat to very upper-class wolves.
    Heehee.
    I was sort of leaning towards that one anyway because then I could use Mary Barton's eponymous character as a way of saying that by representing the working - class by way of a heroine it denegrates the overall impact of the depiction of the working - class because she's a woman. It also doesn't help that two of the other main representatives of the lower - classes:
    One is accused of murder
    The second actually commited the murder.
    And then Mary and Number One are essentially forced into exile and go to Canadia Land to work. Also Number Two dies.
    And I can say the same thing of North and South because the South is represented by a woman, and that although the South is represented, it represents the unmercantile (non - working) South rather than the workers and than, by far, the Southern lower - classes are entirely ignored thus seeming to place the rural lower - classes right outside of the notice of anyone.

Wow, I'm going to pinch that and save it for my essay. That looks good.

EDIT:
    @Assassin: I suppose I could wheedle in some judgement by closely analysing the latter thing about North and South, but primarily representation I believe.

FURTHER EDIT:
    If anything related to my question is dicussed later on (for whatever reason) I freely ask in advance for permission to use any of the ideas that may arise if I find them useful in constructing my essay.
    Just in case.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-16 at 10:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Chaotic? Dangerous? Sounds like my kind of party.
    Chaos? Destruction? My work here is done.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Chaos? Destruction? My work here is done.
    No, no it isn't. I have not seen a single pie all day. You're slacking, Cassie. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

13. - Top - End - #1393

EITHER:
    OR:

Definitely go for "How do the authors balance sympathy and judgement?". The second question has a fault line that's earthquake ready right in it. Which is how does one define a "middle - class reader"? That alone could take any arguement on a very long tangent from it's original point.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

*pops in* Did someone say pie?

15. - Top - End - #1395

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    No, no it isn't. I have not seen a single pie all day. You're slacking, Cassie. =P
    thowwy

*hands out pies*

*half of them poisoned, half of them not, all looking identical*

*and a few random pies that even she isn't sure what they do*

That enough chaos for you? Or do you need MOAR?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

16. - Top - End - #1396

There is no pie. But I do have jam sandwiches. And rich tea biscuits. ANd tea. I'm drinking so much tea it's unbelievable. Cmparatively, I'd only have two or three a week, now it's the same amount in one day.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

There is no pie. But I do have jam sandwiches. And rich tea biscuits. ANd tea. I'm drinking so much tea it's unbelievable. Cmparatively, I'd only have two or three a week, now it's the same amount in one day.
    Jam =

18. - Top - End - #1398

DrowGirl

ooooo jam sandwiches.

Meh to tea. More of a hot chocolate person here.

@^ How can you not like jam?! Jam is...amazing! Wonderful! Scrumptious!
    Last edited by Castaras; 2009-10-16 at 10:50 AM.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Jam is what you get when you take fruit and make it awesome. Also marmalade.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Peh, PEH!

21. - Top - End - #1401

ooooo jam sandwiches.

Meh to tea. More of a hot chocolate person here.

And best when eaten whilst listening to some Stevie Ray Vaughn!

Hot chocolate is good in cold weather. Tea is nice when I'm ill, but really I'm a soda/pop/cola/whatever-it's-called-in-your-area person. I average about 120 oz a day.

@v *Makes note to have Hot Chocolate available should Cassie ever cross the pond to come visit.*
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2009-10-16 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

22. - Top - End - #1402

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    Jam is what you get when you take fruit and make it awesome. Also marmalade.
    You are wise and speaketh the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Peh, PEH!
    Oh well, more jam for me!

@^ Don't like tea or coffee, only a few sodas I like. So hot chocolate when I can get it all the way!
    Last edited by Castaras; 2009-10-16 at 10:54 AM.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #1403

All this talk about food has made me prepare my tea early.
    My tea is sandwiches (two) and tea.
    One of my sarnies is blackberry jam. I can now gaze longingly at it while I delay eating until half five.

And I have now acquired a 'flu buddy. This means I can essentially look after him if he's ill. This amounts to delivering him food and appropriate lecture notes. He's a Phsyics student.
    At least I won't have to go to his classes.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Banned

(nabs a pie) Thankee. In return, have a hot chocolate packet with Daim (wait, it's Dime when marketed here, isn't it? The toffee bar?) flakes added. Most delish. As for the pie, I shall hope it's a pie of Getting the Job +5, in which case I'll share with Cristo Meyers, and not a pie of Stabbity Agony Death -5, in which case I will give it to Mordokai whom will probably pass it along to Cristo Meyers anyway.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Daim in England. Tasty, but it sticks in your teeth too much.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    (nabs a pie) Thankee. In return, have a hot chocolate packet with Daim (wait, it's Dime when marketed here, isn't it? The toffee bar?) flakes added. Most delish. As for the pie, I shall hope it's a pie of Getting the Job +5, in which case I'll share with Cristo Meyers, and not a pie of Stabbity Agony Death -5, in which case I will give it to Mordokai whom will probably pass it along to Cristo Meyers anyway.
    Win. (filler!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Orc in the Playground

off-topic, but who made dibs on the next thread?
    "The Mormons were right."

28. - Top - End - #1408

If no one has, can I?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

29. - Top - End - #1409

Go ahead, it's been fifty threads since your last one, and da Goof deserves another one.
    Plus it can be on fire.
    Cassie'll be right at home.

Why is there sweetcorn in my sarnie? It's chicken, bacon and sweetcorn. I hate sweetcorn (my main reason, aside from the taste and texture, is that they don't digest properly in your stomach, so they come out mostly whole) and it ruins an otherwise delectable sandwich.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Stuff noone around likes and eats has a strange tendency to end up in the food storage and into other food. *nodnod*
    Last edited by Morty; 2009-10-16 at 12:06 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.