New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Supagoof's Supa-Sensational Silly Symphonies Set Sizzingly On Fire Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Perhaps your friends were simply mistaken?
    No. No. I knew she was flirting with me. She just stopped once I asked her out to the pictures tomorrow. Which may have been what they wanted because her flirting with me was getting on their nerves. Though I'd thought they'd been amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Supagoof's Supa-Sensational Silly Symphonies Set Sizzingly On Fire Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    No. No. I knew she was flirting with me. She just stopped once I asked her out to the pictures tomorrow. Which may have been what they wanted because her flirting with me was getting on their nerves. Though I'd thought they'd been amused.

Hmmm, maybe there's just something up with her that you don't know about? Her going all quiet when you asked her seems to hint at something being wrong. In that case, it was something only foreseeable only by the girl.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Some women flirt for it's own sake. Guys' habits of pressuring other guys to ask women out annoys me. I do not read women very well, but I have learned that I read women better than most of my male friends!
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wow, I just realized that Finnish sounds totally awesome when it's sung. I need to find more stuff like this.
    I'm pretty sure it's just that Finnish Metal (including Ensiferum) is really high quality stuff. I didn't really like Tumman Virran Taa more than other stuff I've heard by them.

On a more important note: Hello all! This is my first time posting in a Random Banter thread, I've been intimidated by how many threads there are and how often people post.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just that Finnish Metal (including Ensiferum) is really high quality stuff. I didn't really like Tumman Virran Taa more than other stuff I've heard by them.

On a more important note: Hello all! This is my first time posting in a Random Banter thread, I've been intimidated by how many threads there are and how often people post.
    Don't sweat it. I was the same way when I first joined the forums.

Welcome to Random Banter.

In more random news: I've rediscovered my love of KitKat bars.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-10-16 at 08:05 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I had the benefit for being around when the first one was posted.

Now I feel old

EDIT: I had a Kit Kat bar today as well. They're almost as good as Reese's
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2009-10-16 at 08:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

I am very well aware of the quality of Finnish metal, and Ensiferum. But there's something about the sound of the Finnish language that I just love. I can't really explain it.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Some women flirt for it's own sake. Guys' habits of pressuring other guys to ask women out annoys me. I do not read women very well, but I have learned that I read women better than most of my male friends!
    I flirt for flirting's sake...just not very well. =P

And welcome, Zocelot! *snuggles, steals Jack's walker* =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    I flirt for flirting's sake...just not very well. =P
    What percentage of the people you flirt with would you turn down?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

steals Jack's walker
    Hey! Darn kids. GERROFFF MAH LAWHN!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably too many

I just downloaded Kamelot's Ghost Opera album, because our resident Cookiemonster got me addicted to them recently.
    'Tis most excellent.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

What percentage of the people you flirt with would you turn down?
    *thinks*...well, let's keep things simple and go with RL. I flirt with...maybe 3 people. No, wait, 4. One has a boyfriend, one did turn me down, but changed her mind, one would probably run in fear, and one would...I have no clue, but I don't think so.

If we add in internets...most all have turned me down or are already in relationships. Or are men. =P

But it's still fun to be ridiculous sometimes. Or...all the time. >.>

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Probably too many

I just downloaded Kamelot's Ghost Opera album, because our resident Cookiemonster got me addicted to them recently.
    'Tis most excellent.
    Ah yes, Kamelot. A fantastic band. You should get The Black Halo. It easily trumps the Ghost Opera.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #44

On the subject of flirting, I mostly flirt for fun, and mostly with people who I would never consider asking out either because they're good friends or I don't like them very much. I don't even give much thought to it, it pretty much happens naturally.

However, considering that I haven't had a girlfriend for a very long time, I am not sure how well I am flirting with people who I do ask out.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

*thinks*...well, let's keep things simple and go with RL. I flirt with...maybe 3 people. No, wait, 4. One has a boyfriend, one did turn me down, but changed her mind, one would probably run in fear, and one would...I have no clue, but I don't think so.

If we add in internets...most all have turned me down or are already in relationships. Or are men. =P

But it's still fun to be ridiculous sometimes. Or...all the time. >.>
    You took my question completely backwards. I didn't ask how many would turn you down. I asked how many people you flirt with that you would turn down if they came on to you in response to your flirting.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

You took my question completely backwards. I didn't ask how many would turn you down. I asked how many people you flirt with that you would turn down if they came on to you in response to your flirting.
    Oh. Well, lots of them come on to me back. But It's just friendly joking. I'm pretty sure they're not interested.

That said...I...don't think I'd turn anyone down without a really good reason. What harm is there in trying something new?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Huh...o.o I actually caught this thread in its infancy? I might stick around for awhile! or at least, until I have to leave for a week

I just sneezed twice, probably dust related, and there's popcorn being made downstairs, so today is a pretty good day. Even though I'm a little worried that I let myself get behind with homework way too easily *Once again, I'm doing it all on the weekend, rather than during the week, like I should* I need some discipline in my life.

Incidentally, for those of you who haven't read the invisitext yet, I'm heading to Disney Land in a week! With my girlfriend! Just about the best thing ever!

Huh...the funk song just faded out...better get some more music.

Billy Joel? Sure, why not?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

That said...I...don't think I'd turn anyone down without a really good reason. What harm is there in trying something new?
    Exactly. So when you flirt, you basically mean it (in that you'd be willing to try them out), while in the case that started this conversation and the descriptions you're giving, the women are flirting without meaning it (in that they're not willing to go out with the people they're flirting with).
    Last edited by Pyrian; 2009-10-16 at 09:10 PM.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

19. - Top - End - #49

For some reason, on Youtube, under videos recommended for me, "The Climb" and "7 Things" by Miley Cyrus keep appearing. I find this hilarious, since I pretty much only listen to metal.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Exactly. So when you flirt, you basically mean it (in that you'd be willing to try them out), while in the case that started this conversation and the descriptions you're giving, the women are flirting without meaning it (in that they're not willing to go out with the people they're flirting with).
    Huh. But I'm not flirting because I'm trying to attract them, I'm flirting solely because I find it ridiculously fun to do?

I think what I'm doing is more flirting for flirting's sake, accidental flirting is flirting without meaning it, and these girls are flirting while meaning the opposite. I am sooo confused. >.<

Semantics argument, go! =P

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. But I'm not flirting because I'm trying to attract them, I'm flirting solely because I find it ridiculously fun to do?

I think what I'm doing is more flirting for flirting's sake, accidental flirting is flirting without meaning it, and these girls are flirting while meaning the opposite. I am sooo confused. >.<

Semantics argument, go! =P
    Sounds like you're flirting with disaster, Cobra.

And while that was a well-timed pun, it really does sound like it could be true. What if while flirting without intent, you really break someone's heart? I mean, I'm all for being a fun and playful guy, but try not to give someone the wrong signal, eh?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Sounds like you're flirting with disaster, Cobra.
    Semi-related. Molly Hatchet rolled through here beginning of last month and I missed it. I'm still kicking myself over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    And while that was a well-timed pun, it really does sound like it could be true. What if while flirting without intent, you really break someone's heart? I mean, I'm all for being a fun and playful guy, but try not to give someone the wrong signal, eh?
    Meh. I really don't see the problem with this. I've got several friends (both guy and gal) who are just flirty. It's just their personality, it's fairly easy to pick up on this type of person rather than one who's flirting because they're interested. One chick keeps surprise hugging me...and every single time my arms are pinned to my side.

Some would say it's being flirty, but I think she's just trying to keep me from retaliating

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

If you say so...*shrug* There is wisdom in moderation though...
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

NecromancerGuy

I think at that point you start retaliating with attacks of opportunity with your fingers and hands, since they should theoretically be able to reach some part of her body.

Also, what does Molly Hatchet mean? I've never heard that expression before.

In terms of who I'd turn down of those I flirt with, a rather low percentage, maybe about 5% all told.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-10-16 at 10:00 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Also, what does Molly Hatchet mean? I've never heard that expression before.
    It's a band

EDIT: I finally read the rest of it...(I don't run into people who don't know Molly Hatchet too often, so it was a bit of a shocker)

I think at that point you start retaliating with attacks of opportunity with your fingers and hands, since they should theoretically be able to reach some part of her body.
    Well, I could quite easily break free as well, but that's entirely besides the point. Also, I probably shouldn't retaliate when my thoughts stray to "can't. reach. knife..."
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2009-10-16 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Put in video when they were younger

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

Well, I meant tickling and such rather than trying to kill her.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #57

Hey! It's you! Welcome to RB! I'm well aware of how intimidating the huge volume of posts can be. Actually, I sort of fell out of RBing for the past few weeks, since I no longer had the time to read every page. Now I just don't bother to do that, I'll read the last page or two and then start bantering. I mean, it's not like topics stay the same for that long anyway.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I meant tickling and such rather than trying to kill her.
    I know. It's not my intent to pull my knife either, as she's a pretty good friend - I just don't take surprise attacks well.

29. - Top - End - #59

Whoo half term starts today! Four more lessons...

Also! I dreamt I was playing God Save the Queen on the Ukulele to former poet laureate Sir Andrew Motion.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Thousand Foot Krutch's new album is good.

Also, my school forums (erm... by school I mean "online tutoring service", which I am using to complete my final year of highschool) have opened. This brings me much joy. I love those forums.