New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Altab Homebrew Version

Amycus' eyebrows raised almost imperceptibly at Larisa's comment toward the barker. His jaw clenched and he muttered under his breath. Greedy bastards, he thought dourly. I should have known there would be some money-siphoning catch. Was all this worth the last of his money? He shouldn't have even been entering in the first place. He knew the dangers if he did well. But... But such a challenge, unmet? The very idea made him cringe... He muttered a few more moments before shoving his entire coin purse in the barker's hands. "There's forty in there. It bloody well better be worth it."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quietly, Gara addressed her colleague. "Kangar, I do not think you truly understand. I am a bandit... or was. Banks effectively ungarded are, to me, the ultimate temptation. Whatever the need for guards, I cannot help but think that they would be safer were I somewhere far away."

What hadn't yet occured to Gara is that she'd just admitted to actually being an outlaw in front of a guardsman. Hopefully, he wouldn't be in a hanging mood right now... even better, he may not have been paying attention to her urgent whispering...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kangar went silent and turned towards Gara. His eyes wide incredulously.

"You were a bandit? How were you chosen to become a Seeker then?"

His eyes narrowed as he processed the thought. Bandits in the Halls of Vallia usually have their hands chopped off or are alternatively sent to labor camps to pay for the things they stole, but this is the surface world with different rules and customs.

With a decidedly cool attitude Kangar looked straight into Gara's eyes and said,

"I suppose it doesn't matter now. The past is the past and I hold no authority to punish or judge you by the customs of me kin. We've only just begun our quest and I believe it is best to keep moving forward, perhaps with time the sins of your banditry could be replaced by your actions in the future."
    Benedictus, Venit in Nomine, in Nomine, Domini, Hossanna in Excelsis........

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

For Amycus and Larisa

Spoiler
    Show

"Ah of course it be worth it, that is if you are as mighty of champions as you seem to be. I personally always consider such entry fees as investments," answered the coordinator.

"Now please select which event you will be joining first. Depending on what time you join a certain event, you might face more or less competition."

(You two can join separate events if you want to except for the tag team event. However, you might also consider joining the events together for strategic purposes.)

For Gara and Kangar:

Spoiler
    Show

The guard seems to not have heard the whispers of Gara and Kangar as he was only too happy with their agreement of assistance that he had proceeded to gather more information about the robbery in progress.

"I am so relieved to have both of your presences with us," stated the guard with a smile at Gara.

"It seems the robbers are after part of the gifts that the Impris Empire had sent us. The gifts are powerful from what I know so please make haste to get ready and depart as we do not know who or what we are facing yet."

The tension in the guard's voice seemed to have awoken the little cloud. Blinking away the remaining sleep, Cumulus radiated brightly as if the sun had just risen.

(Feel free to ask the guard any question you may have. Otherwise, do whatever it is you need to get ready to depart.)
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2009-12-05 at 01:03 AM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"I was chosen to become a seeker after a competition. It was a tracking competition - follow the tracks of a guardsman through a field strewn with traps. The person who manages it in the fastest time and with the fewest injuries was recommended to go on to be a seeker. It turns out that all that time I spent playing around with traps and trails as a child was useful to someone after all. But this? It is my vice, Kangar, and just as I try to make a living without it the world conspires to force it back in my face." Still, she seemed to have mostly regained her composure, and everything she'd need for battle was on her - the light armor, the two swords, they were all there.

"Let us get this over with."

6. - Top - End - #96

SamuraiGuy

Kangar turns back to the guard and asks,

"Might you have a shield or a warhammer that I may borrow for this task? Your quartermaster gave me armor and not much else besides the regular survival gear."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Turning back to the barker, Larisa handed him 40 coins. "That will sign me up for all the event except for wrestling. If I find that I need more points later on, I'll come back and pay for the wrestling event. As far as what order I want to do the events in, it doesn't matter to me. I think it might be smart to team up a little, so I'll do whatever he does first."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

For Gara and Kantar

Spoiler
    Show

"Warhammer? Hm...I think there might be a few left over in the guard's room as some paladins have retired their old gear."

The guard's equipment room seemed to be more of a storage closet than an organized holding of weaponry. After rummaging for a good while, the guard was came back to Kantar with a look of surprise.

"Hm..., this is unexpected, there seems to be an old Dwarven waraxe lying about. Might be a left over from one of King Smolt's visit."

(Please feel free to post any additional questions. If not, I will be fast forwarding you guys a bit. Larissa, once Amycus posts, then I will continue on as I do not know which event you guys are going with first.)
    Last edited by Archangelat; 2009-12-06 at 06:55 PM.
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

9. - Top - End - #99

SamuraiGuy

Kangar's eyes narrow, it seemed like the universe was making it difficult for him at that moment. It would have been so easy to travel back a few weeks to catch up with the caravan that brought him here and retrieve his gear, but being a "diplomat" at the time he was forbidden to bring his weapon or his armor to the capitol for whatever reason. He sighed deeply.

"Alright, I'll take whatevah you have. We should probably get going" Kangar said hefty the axe with both hands. He inspected the weapon closely grimacing at the amount of dust on it. He reached into his pack and got a polishing cloth out and starts cleaning it as the group moves to the next destination.

10. - Top - End - #100

Amycus nodded. "I agree. I care little for the order, and we may as well do the events at the same time, more or less. I will enter the wrestling event last, however, as it seems it will be the only event the lady will not be entering for the time being."

11. - Top - End - #101

SamuraiGuy

((Is this thing dead or what? *Pokes threadpossum with a stick* It appears archangelot hasn't made a post since the 8th(I checked his profile). this leads me to believe that either he lost internet access or something terrible must have happened.))
    Last edited by Averagedog; 2009-12-14 at 01:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

((Let's hope it was the former and that we'll be hearing from him soon.))
    If it ain't broke . . . Hit it again.

Spoiler
    Show

DM: "...You're seriously going to charge the tarrasque?!"
    ME: "Yeah, well. I figure you gotta go sometime."
    DM: (sigh) "Fine. You hear dogs barking nearby."
    ME: "Seriously?"
    DM: "Yeah."
    ME: "I run away."

RIP: MethosHazara's Stone Golem Avvie. You will be missed.
    Iron Golem Avvie by Meirnon