New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    *tucks in, turns out the light*

I take my comforting auntie goddess ITP duties very seriously, you know.
    Which is just strange considering you're 15-16 and think I'm some kind of TedoBear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

Well considering my cousin is the 6 year old Uncle of a 15 year old.... I guess its weird but Auntie Goddess isn't too bad

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Y'know, I'm highly offended. I've been frequenting this part of the forums for closing in on a week now, and I have YET to be kidnapped by Cobra Ikari. I mean, the way he goes around kidnapping people, you'd think he was Candle Jack or someth
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Y'know, I'm highly offended. I've been frequenting this part of the forums for closing in on a week now, and I have YET to be kidnapped by Cobra Ikari. I mean, the way he goes around kidnapping people, you'd think he was Candle Jack or someth
    I haven't been kidnapped by anyone either. especially not Cobra. So I feel you there man.

-Wrath
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    I haven't been kidnapped by anyone either. especially not Cobra. So I feel you there man.

-Wrath
    Maybe we should just kidnap ourselves? O_o

Nice Jace-atar, btw.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Maybe we should just kidnap ourselves? O_o

Nice Jace-atar, btw.
    Perhaps. I suppose thats what I'll do for the next few days. I'll kidnap EndlessWrath and You Kidnap Deth Muncher o.O

-Wrath
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    Perhaps. I suppose thats what I'll do for the next few days. I'll kidnap EndlessWrath and You Kidnap Deth Muncher o.O

-Wrath
    O_o

/brainsplode

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, out of curiosity, what does everyone do when the forum backups are happening? Whatever it is must take a really long time because it seems like it takes hours for people to start posting in threads again once it comes back up. Maybe it's just me.

Me? I go to the vending machine and grab a snack and then come back and top off my coffee. By that time things are usually good to go again.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

9. - Top - End - #1449

NecromancerGuy

TV tropes or web comics or go to bed.

Or check to see if anyone's online on my messengers.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1450

Hmmm. I get all my webcomics out of the way between midnight and 1am eastern time, since that's when most of them update. And I never saw the appeal of TV Tropes.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

11. - Top - End - #1451

NecromancerGuy

I don't think to check at 9-10 PM due to being out here on the west coast, so I just do it at about 12-1 out here which is when the site goes down in my frame of reference.

I'm not exactly sure myself, but it is something to eat up time.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-11-24 at 04:54 AM.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1452

It just seems odd to me that now, nearly an hour after the backups are done, exactly three threads in Friendly Banter have been posted in. Where'd everyone go? FB was moving pretty steadily right up until the backups. This happens nightly while I'm at work.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Could be that the backup makes everyone go 'crap, it's WHAT time? I need sleep.'
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

14. - Top - End - #1454

Well, that might explain one time zone...

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Or in the case of the European playgrounders: "Holy Crap, I should be in school/work!"

Also, OctoPimp has donated over $3000 via the auctions on Desert Bus. The man is just incredible.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm in school. It is annoying. Every day in school I feel I have a fever and a headache. I leave school and arrive at home - nothing, I feel fine. Also, I have a test in German I haven't studied for, and I'm probably gonna skip maths, because there is nothing to do there and I have no intention of
    a)sitting there for an hour, getting off at 4PM
    b)receiving the test that I know is graded as F
    c)feeling feverish, sleepy and tired

Also, what's the rule about getting a new thread? First post on page 49?

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Backup happens at 4AM for me. It's followed by one of two things.

1) Cobra goes to sleep. Or...

2) Cobra's brain shuts down, and Cobra is no longer capable of intelligent...well...coherent...posting. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Banned

There's another storm rolling through. While I will concede that the UK (Cumbria in particular) got the worse end of the flooding, the lack of water combined with the high wind have resulted in the porta-potties at my husband's workplace toppling over in the wind. I seek relief from this mental image by sharing it with you.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Well, that might explain one time zone...
    Heh. I admit I can't speak for everyone, and for me it's only at 1AM or so, but there is a reason the backup happens when it does.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    There's another storm rolling through. While I will concede that the UK (Cumbria in particular) got the worse end of the flooding, the lack of water combined with the high wind have resulted in the porta-potties at my husband's workplace toppling over in the wind. I seek relief from this mental image by sharing it with you.
    Eww. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWW.

I have a bio test today. Wish me luck.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

'Luck Phase. Break a leg or something; preferably not your own.

Here's to hoping I can just make it through my class today without falling asleep.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Heh. I admit I can't speak for everyone, and for me it's only at 1AM or so, but there is a reason the backup happens when it does.
    Well, yes. But the fact of the matter is that this forum has worldwide readership and, while it may not be at it's busiest at that time of night, immediately prior to the backups activity can be noted and followed. But an hour later, and 40 minutes after the backups have completed, no one comes back to continue the interrupted conversation. Or maybe it's just me that gets interrupted. Almost every night I have to repost something because I get caught composing it at 3:58 and trying to submit it at 4:01 (this is where I got very much into the habit of Ctl+A, Ctl+C before I try to post ANYthing).

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Lucky for me, firefox saves those if you hit 'back'. Happens all the time. Or it used to, anyways.

I can see how it'd be annoying

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Firbolg in the Playground

For me, the backup comes around 10am I think? So I'm usually either in bed or in a lecture.
    On the rare occasions I'm online when it happens, I rage quietly for a bit, go check facebook again, then rapidly get bored of the internet and go offline, returning later in the day.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

The backup usually starts just before I have to go to lectures, so that's fine for me. Otherwise I just switch to warseer for a bit.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2009-11-24 at 09:54 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Eww. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWW.

I have a bio test today. Wish me luck.
    That sucks. Take luck.

EDIT: I couldn't help myself from jumping the gun by a few posts so the new thread is up located here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=1#post7373875
    Last edited by Gullara; 2009-11-24 at 10:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tut tut. You're not patient enough to wait for 4 more posts? Shocking.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Tut tut. You're not patient enough to wait for 4 more posts? Shocking.
    I have a tendency to be impatient.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Poor Perenelle having her tread not used up.
    Last edited by Tiger Duck; 2009-11-24 at 10:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Perenelle having her tread not used up.
    Look at that, it only needs one post now.