New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [3.5] Magnus Ereuba

((Lets get things started, shall we?))

You had been skeptical when you first received the summons from the Grand Cathedral, messenger or not. Having dwelt in anonymity to varying extents in the grand scheme of things, receiving such a honor should have been impossible for you. Yet, here in your hand was a scroll, signed and sealed by Archbishop Adonith himself. Requesting your presence, along with select others, so that he could offer you a job on behalf of the Grand Maestro. Naturally, as employment from the Grand Cathedral was widely desired by many (for spectacular pay, a steady stream of subsequent jobs, and recognition in general) and often took weeks if not months to obtain, you found yourself quickly accepting this offer and rearranging your schedule so as to best take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Soon enough, with a few days time, you would find yourself, with the others that were chosen, in what was effectively the Archbishop’s “office”, a room with walls of marble and ornamented with various religious symbols, paintings, carvings, etc. As for the man himself, he was an fairly tall human, with a stern disposition, and dressed in white robes with gold and silver designs sewn into them.

“Your job is but a simple one. Rendezvous with our informant and devotee in the Blue Tavern Inn, find the clergymen that were kidnapped, rescue them, and bring them here; where they and their families shall be permitted to take up temporary residence until their safety is guaranteed. Should you encounter resistance from the marauders, you are permitted to use force as needed, but please keep in mind that the Grand Cathedral would prefer them alive for questioning, for purposes of preserving the peace. If you are successful in this venture, you shall be granted twenty thousand gold pieces to be split evenly amongst yourselves. For Yggdrasil is a just god, and believes in rewarding those who carry out his work with excellence…

…so the Archbishop had said, and the same reason why you, and the others, now found yourselves waiting at a table in the aforementioned, modest inn. Waiting for your informant, who was over an hour late. Although the initial excitement of being presented with such a promising opportunity had been enough to preserve you in a fair mood up till this point, boredom was beginning to set in, as was impatience. Perhaps now would be a good time to introduce yourself to the other “qualified” individuals (by the Cathedral’s standards at any rate) that had been hired...whom you had mostly forgotten about or paid little heed up to this point.

((Summary: You have been briefed of your mission, and most of you (unless special requests to make characters fit in better were sent via PM) are currently waiting at a modest tavern near the edge of the slums ((think dim lights, cheap drinks, somewhat crowded with other travelers...))... Have yet to properly introduce yourselves to each other, asides from names, and a few details perhaps...Yeah. Normally I wouldn't do such a stereotypical opening, (or rather, would have skipped it and added something more interesting), but its six in the morning and...yeah. Feel free to be creative with the setting, logic rule applies. Additional details of the tavern go to whoever posts first/opts to describe it more first, unless I edit it in myself.))

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5] Magnus Ereuba

Meredia O'Keefe
    A young woman in a fine robe lounges at the table. She hadn't entered with the others back in the chancellor's office; she's already been there. Meredia O'Keefe, as she'd been introduced, was now with them in the tavern, holding an azure-colored fan, with long, dark violet locks fall down her shoulders. Her eyes are a sapphire color, and between those and the hair, she's obviously Indigan, a branch of the human race that has only recently found themselves in the cities of mankind. Being new immigrants, the vast majority work in menial or trade jobs, many as servants for the richer landed gentry of Arcadia. Her attire is far too rich for that, however, which is extremely unusual.

Stranger still are the glowing runes that circle her head like a crown. The Illumian Cabal is well-known, and those sigils mark her as a member - but again, it's exceptionally rare for any but a native Illumian to have undergone the Ritual of Word Made Flesh and gained the crown, and almost all who have done so are rich and influential Arcadians...

Despite her extremely unusual appearance, and the fact that her obvious wealth - not flaunted but nonetheless evident in the fine fabrics and pure white of the dress - was extremely conspicuous in this thoroughly blue collar tavern, she could only be described as lounging. She was enjoying herself - she smiled as she observed the bard in the corner singing and dancing, she considered each of her companions with a warmth and comfort that did not seem to fit their new acquaintance, etc. She was simply soaking it all in, and thrilled to be there.

Looking back to the table, she spoke up, "So! Looks like we've got some time to kill; who are you all? My name is Meredia O'Keefe, and I've been hired on for at least an attempt at negotiation, if plausible, and can provide some magical aid should those fail. How about you all?"
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-03-22 at 12:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

In one corner of the bar, in the company of several other capable-looking individuals, Caiaphas Senterra sat nursing a poor ale. The dim lighting was kind to his eyes, but there wasn't much to look at. His exotic darkwood armor seemed out of place with the simple sword he wore at his side, and there were unmistakable fangs protruding from his lower lip. His helmet rested on the table, leaving his dark skin and long hair, tied back in a died earthsilk headwrap, exposed to those whose eyes could pierce the tavern's gloom. He grunted at Meredia's question.

"Alive, he said. He wants prisoners. Years of training in the academy, and years of independent study afterward, all aimed towards killing. And the Cathedral hires me with the hope that I'll bring people back alive. Because that's likely."

He looked across the table to Meredia. "Men call me Caiaphas, when they can be bothered. I was hired to do what needs doing should your negotiations fail."
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Walking into the inn, Raenir Salazar scans the room and notices the others his flash flashing a hint of disdain and boredom. Is this the path to arcane power? He thought to himself... Very well... Best to introduce himself... He walks tall to the table and takes his seat, raising his arm bringing his hand with his index finger pointing downwards to the center of the table and hits the table with a loud four tap rhythm which he repeats to knock on the table with his finger four times.

tap. tap. tap. tap.

tap. tap. tap. tap.

tap. tap. tap. tap.

tap. tap. tap. tap.

My name.... Is Salazar.... Raenir Salazar Conjuror and undergraduate from the Academy of Magic, my purpose is the same as yours, to complete this quest and return safely and quickly we each I assume have better things to do then to waste time as the Church's errand boys.

I do not care who leads or makes the decisions, I only care that when resting I am free to study my spells in peace from trivial distractions and to receive a fair share of the reward, in return I shall be as helpful in any challenge we may face and remove such obstacles to my best ability, I am skilled in the Art and will prove it when the time is right.

That is all.

With that Raenir pulls the cowl of his robes hood back to obscure his face and his thoughts staring impassively at the crowd of the inn resuming his boredom.
    Arcane Scholar for Jephton fan club.

5. - Top - End - #5

A short man sits at a table near where the others congregate, as he has done since before you first arrived. His plain dress fits well with his surroundings. Rough leather boots, simple dark pants and a once-white tunic all mark him as a commoner. Across his shoulders and draped over the back of his chair is a weather-stained and faded green cloak, a long mantle of wool and cotton. He leans forward in his chair, motionless with his eyes closed and the brow of his head touching his folded hands. From behind them, a short, trimmed brown bead lines the man's jaw, the same color as the shoulder-length hair tied back behind his head. The flecks of gray in his beard and hair make plain that his youth is well in this man's past. All in all, the man scarcely merited your notice before now. He was not with you when you met the Archbishop, though the man has up until now not given any sign that he was anything more than another patron of the Blue Tavern.

He opens his eyes as the others converse amongst themselves and after a few moments speaks to them. Despite his calmly even voice, something about this man rubs you the wrong way, and his words seem to come paired with the sensation of the hairs on your neck standing up. "Hired? For what purpose, I wonder? A strange group to be hired to sit in a tavern, by the look of things. And by the Cathedral, no less. Tell me, what is of such interest to the Cathedral that they would hire so many to come here and talk of spell and steel?"
    Last edited by Koretsu; 2010-03-22 at 04:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Julian sat and pondered this very odd situation. He was ashamed of the fact that he had not peppered the archbishop with the usual questions of where the abductions took place, do you have a list of witnesses, how were the kidnappings done, was magic used, etc. He was hoping that the contact wasn't a priest, it would make it easier for him to play detective.

Looks like I'M with a band of adventurers.

He shuddered internally at the thought of a take-down of a drunken wizard he had participated in decades ago. This wizard was part of an adventuring group. Just when he thought they had finished, the wizard's plate-mail clad friend, brain singed on some new alchemical opiate, arrived and decided to teach the guard some manners.

That hurt.

He had practiced an old tactic of sitting and waiting for all of the others to say their piece before opening his mouth.

He hopes Meredia's casual behavior is from competence and not a noble's sense of entitlement. At least the runes glowing around her head seemed genuine, and not some of the illusions sported by young noblefolk today for fashion.

He hoped dearly that none of the locals would chose to pick a fight with Caiaphas - but so far the warrior and comported himself very well in a crowd that was quietly hostile to his presence. Julian respected the fighter's restraint.

Salazar is so far the only one who seems outright trouble.

Calling us errand boys when we are on a holy mission?!

Julian runs a hand through his close cropped hair, and a itches one of his bushy eyebrows streaked with gray. His cloaked is pulled close around his breastplate in an attempt to not stick out more than he already is.

"My name is Julian, and perhaps I sit between Caiaphas and Meredia. I am by no means a diplomat, but finding people has been my trade. In particular, I have often been sent after those who need to be dragged unwillingly before a magistrate. I and my partner by the entrance are good at bashing people without doing any lasting harm."

Cameron crunched merrily into the marrow of a bone at the entrance to the tavern.

OOC Sense motive Koretsu's newcomer
    (1d20+5)[20]

"To speak of spells and steel? Why sir we are a thirsty group. You may either buy the table a round or state your business with us. For why I am always happy to make a new acquaintance - I suspect some of my companions will not."

OOC What are city laws on peacebonding weapons and the like.
    Last edited by cssmythe3; 2010-03-24 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Add color to speaking text
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

A young-looking elf sat at a table in a lower class bar, waiting for his traveling companions to arrive. He seemed a little out of place, as he was quite used to the upper class bars in another part of the large capital city. Around him were a few people, who he presumed were his traveling companions. The word, traveling, still made him cringe, as he'd never left the city in his entire life.

It was then that a rather mediocre bard began to sing and dance in one corner of the bar. It took him quite a bit of composure to keep himself from laughing, as he was quite horrible. He almost had the nerve to step up to where the bard was and begin to play to drown out his terrible performance, but the tips he could receive here were hardly worth the effort. He continued to give an amused smirk to the bard, who seemed completely unaware of just how bad he was.

Then, one of his companions began speaking, and they all followed suit. He gazed at them with his clear blue eyes politely as they spoke, nodding as they talked. One, a guy by the name of Salazar, irked him a bit, but he paid it no attention once his turn was over.

Finally, it came to be his turn. "My name is Hordak Loreweaver. I'm a bard, and I love music." He paused for a moment and thought for a second. "I'm... honestly not quite sure why I was hired to come along, but it's nice to meet you all. I hope we work together well."

He honestly didn't know why he was commissioned to come on this journey, but he knew why he accepted. Money. Money was everything to the bard, and he didn't mind going out of his way if it was worth it in filling his pockets.

OOC: ((I talked to Lokey before posting this and he gave me the okay to assume the Bard was playing pretty terribly. Just thought I should clear that up...))

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Meredia O'Keefe
    Meredia smirked. "Well, if you can play better than this one, then I'll welcome you happily!" she said with a laugh.

9. - Top - End - #9

Julian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: Something about the man strikes you as being off. It takes you a while to put your finger on it, but when you manage to place it, it becomes glaringly obvious: Despite having been seated there since you first entered, the man's table stands empty, utterly devoid of any food or drink.

The man shrugs his shoulders at Julian. "The business of Yggdrasil's Cathedral is no business of mine, sir. I was merely remarking upon the oddity of your presence here. Has the Blue Tavern earned the scorn of the priesthood, that they would send such a group so armed to scare off all her patrons? Poor Emily there," he nods in the direction of a serving woman near the bar, "she's suddenly found herself surrounded by unfamiliar faces. All her regulars seem to have left her here, alone amidst a tavern full of people she knows no names for."

He smiles a smile that is clearly meant to be amiable, if not friendly, at you, and continues. "So, naturally, my curiosity has gotten the better of me, and I feel I must ask, if simply for Emily's sake, what business would the Cathedral have that would bring you here?"

Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[22]

10. - Top - End - #10

OOC Julian spent a lot of time in this neighborhood, and has been in this inn before, though not recently. The diplomacy check will turn my reaction into a gather info instead of an intimidate. If only the stranger wasn't constantly giving Julian the willies!

I had thought one or two of the locals would have gotten drunk enough to make a pass at Meredia by now. It would be an interesting insight into her character to see her handle that. But now Mr Concerned Citizen has to start this...

Julian just then noticed the lack of food and drink were the man was sitting. He turns back to the newcomer.

"Well, you are certainly right about Emily, but you needn't worry, we have no long term plans to stay, and I assure you the church bears no grudge against this fine inn. I'll go smooth things over with her. I'll send her back here after we talk so you can order something - you must be parched."

While Julian gestured at the empty table top where the odd fellow was sitting, he smiled in an almost but not quite friendly way and winked at the stranger. Julian quickly walked over to Emily, fast enough to make it a little difficult for the sitting stranger to follow, but not fast enough to cause any ruckus. He politely interrupts whatever she is doing.

"A thousand pardons dear, I just came over to apologize for the odd collection of folks I'm dining with tonight. While they certainly aren't your regulars, we aren't here to cause trouble. We're on cathedral business that has nothing to do with your fine tavern, and this should help cover any losses in tips you suffer due to my spikey friend's glowering."

He quickly and discreetly slipped her 2 GP.

"I used to come here a lot in the old days, before your time. You know the old joke 'Do you want to eat at Blue Tavern Inn tonight? Naw, the food's better at the Blue Inn Tavern?' Well, I met the guy who built this place, not the current owner, the guy who sold it to him. The first guy wasn't raised speaking Arcadian, and it took him months before he figured out why people thought it funny. Heheh. Name stuck - no such thing as bad publicity, eh?"

Julian sighs and smiles a good natured smile.

"Please forgive the blatherings of an old man, my daughter must be a few years older than you now, what is your name dear?"

Slightly more quickly and just as discretely, the barmaid slips the coins into an apron pocket. "Emily, thank you sir."

OOC Assuming her name IS Emily, things will go much different if she isn't.

"I wanted to point out a particular patron who is acting rather fatherly towards you tonight. It's nice to see people looking out for eachother - he's over there. The old fella with the faded green cloak."

Julian waved enthusiastically at the stranger like he was best chums.

"I was just wondering - has that chap been coming here a while? Not do anything dastardly like have trouble paying his tab?"

OOC Julian proceeds to try to get any info he can about the stranger from the barmaid - name, how long has he been coming here, is he a loner or does he have friends, interspersed with chatter to keep her at ease.
    (1d20+15)[24] Gather Information, assuming Emily is human. -2 if she isn't.
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #11

Emily smiles at Julian, glances back at the man for a moment, and shakes her head. "No, sir. I've never seen him in here before."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Hordak laughs as well, glancing over at the bard again. "Although music may not fight wars, many rely upon bardic lores. I'm very happy to be a part of this group. It's nice to meet you, Meredia." he says with a smile and a friendly nod.

13. - Top - End - #13

//Raenir hasn't been to this Inn before preferring to keep his meals either in the cafeteria of the Academy in his earlier years or in his private dorm.

Raenir currently not hungry pulls out his spellbook to review his spells.

14. - Top - End - #14

Julian almost told the waitress to mind her parents and go to church before realizing she is a grown woman who could well have children of her own.

"Thank you dear. Have a lovely evening and let me know if any of the customers are bugging you - I'll teach them some manners. Oh, almost forgot - the fatherly chap would like to order a drink on your next pass by."

He nodded at Emily, turned and walked back towards the table, scanning the room for the late contact. He stopped abruptly, and bends down to adjust his boot to cover it up.

Gods - I hope Mr. Concerned isn't a vampire - they do this not eating thing, right?

He finished crossing the room and paused by the stranger...

"Emily's interests are well taken care of sir. Yggdrasil's blessing upon you and your household for caring so about someone you just met. I hope you'll extend me and my friends the same courtesy."

Julian sat and looked at his comrades, and saw that Hordak and Meredia chatted merrily and Salaazar was deep in thought. He reached across the table and gingerly pushed Meredia's cup a bit further away from the spellbook - runes and alcohol don't mix well. Julian realized that he had done little to put the Sharakim at ease, so he turned to the warblade...

"Sir, you look to be a veteran and perhaps have faced off against much more fierce foes than the cut-purses and cat burglars I fought through my youth. Would you be willing to tell me of some of your exploits to help pass the time while we wait for our friend to arrive?"
    Last edited by cssmythe3; 2010-03-24 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add color to text
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #15

Caiaphas grinned broadly, his tusks showing clearly. "I've killed before, but it's not a thing I talk about often. Not as often as you'd expect, maybe, but this peace is hard on those aiming to make a name at soldiering." He patted the sword at his side. "This here is the only bit of my kit I didn't inherit. The armor is a family relic, along with the shield. It was probably expected that I become a druid, but I aimed for a more glorious path. The ancestors were never respected for their druidry, and I have an obligation to my family."

"I do wonder, though, if the peace is starting to crack at the edges. Not often we have clergy taken as hostages, I expect. And if anyone wants prisoners for his lordship, best see to that yourself. I don't take alive those that try and kill me, so if it comes to that, I won't settle for less than their blood."
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

16. - Top - End - #16

The stranger chuckles as Emily passes his table and stops to ask him what he'd like to order. He considers her for a long moment, before responding with a wry smile, "An ale, I think, my dear. A dark one, if you can manage. Thank you.". Upon Emily's return, he hoists the tankard in Julian's direction. "Cheers, sir."

He minds his drink for a time, but when Caiaphas speaks up, he interjects again. "Clergy taken as hostages, you say? Not that is quite troubling. If you don't mind my asking, sirs, what brings you here in search of them?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Meredia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+3)[8]

Just for my own personal use.

EDIT: Aha, well then. Meredia's going to be naive and go ahead and tell the stranger the plan.

Looking up, as the stranger asks about their business, "Oh, we were just told that someone was coming to meet us here. Probably nothing really special about this spot, probably just convenient. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name, I was chatting with Hordak here. I'm Meredia."
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-03-24 at 05:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Julian felt a sudden headache coming on. He started drumming his fingers on the table hard. For all we know Mr Concerned might BE a marauder, and right now, we have precious few details left that he doesn't know about our cause. He faced the stranger again. He is struggling with the fact he isn't in a watchman's uniform, there aren't 4 similarly clad militiamen backing him up, and this chap could literally just be some chatty oddball with no friends striking up conversation 'cause he's lonely.

"I think your name and reason for being here would definitely be polite things to share at this point, and I'm quite aware that this isn't your usual watering hole. I'm afraid we can't share any additional details unless you have the proper credentials - and you'll know what they are if you have them. I'm sure that all the details we know will be all over the morning gossip sheets anyway."

Julian nods toward the Sharakim without taking his eyes off the stranger.

"Caiaphas, wouldn't you agree?"

OOC Poor julian has a papa complex and is very sad. Chuck is having lotsa fun
    Last edited by cssmythe3; 2010-03-25 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add newpaper clip
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #19

"I agree that I don't like complications. I was hired to have a man tell me where to find some civilians and get them out, and I'd rather not have anyone make that any more complicated than it needs to be."

He picked up his helmet and settled it on his head. "And the Cathedral should really arrange for contacts to arrive in a timely fashion. Prisoners could be dying while we wait. There's no glory in waiting."
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

//lightish green/yellow text thats hard to read makes Raenir drown his sorrows in mead....

Raenir puts away his spellbook and pulls out his journal and a pen and ink, and begins taking down notes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Meredia
    "Yeah, I'm a little surprised about that, Caiaphas. The Cathedral usually is pretty strict on things like punctuality. But then, I'd guess this is a much more uncertain world, here, off chasing marauders, where you don't always have the luxury of being able to do things and be places exactly when you'd like to? But if there's no glory in waiting, there's really no point in getting impatient; nothing to be done about til he gets here. For now, I think I'm going to just enjoy the good food and bad music til he gets here."
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-03-25 at 03:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

His headache building, Julian craned his neck searching the room, hoping to spot the contact.

By the One Trees twisted root's this is not off to a good start.
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

((I fail at posting on time, or at a reasonable hour...seriously.))

Just as the group’s patience began to wear thin, the telltale sound of the bell above the door would ring out, serving as indication of a new arrival to the tavern. Those who craned their heads to look find the arrival to be a…possibly unpleasant sight. The person that had entered the tavern, was a short, hunchbacked, balding, scrawny, and hideous man, who stunk of sewers and neglect of bathing. Clothing stained with grime, and soiled rags draped across his shoulders, were it not for the contrasting golden holy symbol of Yggdrasil (essentially, a tree with the scales of a balance hanging from it), one would assume that the local beggar or street rat had crawled into the place.

Youuu…youuuu would be from the cathhhededral…yessss?...

The man’s speech was nasally and slurred all in one, ‘complimenting’ his physical appearance. Having looked around, and noticed the group shortly upon his arrival, the man had hobbled over slowly to address them…his steps unsteady, his hands shaking slightly. In his crooked eyes, there was not a trace of courage within them, only the desire for self perseverance, and slight greed. (perhaps, for the reward that the Cathedral had offered…) Chances were, if the man was not receiving some benefit he needed by acting as an informant, he would not be here to begin with…

24. - Top - End - #24

Cameron shook his muzzle trying to get the smell out of his his nose as the contact arrived and growled a bit at the contact. Julian reached over and pulls an empty chair over so the newcomer can sit.

Looks like this won't be too different from my old line of work - a craven and smelly stool pigeon. How much worse would this apprentice rat catcher smell if the city was still stuck on the ground and couldn't just dump all the sewage down to the ground far below? I wonder what will make a bigger dent in Emily's tips, Caiaphas' spikes or this fellow's smell.

"Welcome to the Blue Tavern Inn, here are my credentials."

Julian shows the contact his scroll.

OOC Slightly darker font color for those with rune-strained eyes...
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Meredia
    Meredia raised an eyebrow, but said nothing at this point. This wasn't what she'd expected, certainly. On some level, now being confronted with the man, it shouldn't have been surprising, but it had been. 'Unique appearance' - she'd expected someone rough, possibly violent looking, to fit in with the marauders... but this man was either an incredible actor, or a coward stuck somewhere he very much doesn't want to be, and damn near a beggar, to boot. Beggars were pitiable, and charity to help them was good, but sadly they rarely could be relied on, such has been their lives. Meredia hoped this man was the actor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Meredia's going to be sitting there trying to size up this man - is he the coward he appears to be? Can he be trusted - and why? Is he honestly serving the Cathedral, or only doing so for as long as he can be forced to? What's the motive - money, fear, faith?
    Sense Motive - (1d20+3)[17]
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-03-27 at 11:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

((Shorter posts to get things moving along, although I really should be adding more detail :/...))

The "beggar" of a man, taking his sweet time, hobbles over to the chair slowly before taking a seat. Then, upon being presented with the scroll, seems to look it over for a space of time, before finally nodding and slurring out his approval of it.

"Thhhannk youuuu...Yess...youuuu are certainly from the Cathhhedral...Gooddd..."

Following this, his gaze slowly turns to the rest of the group, apparently desiring similar confirmation from them.

"The resstt?..."
    Last edited by Lokey57; 2010-03-27 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Some grammar fixes...a few more details...

27. - Top - End - #27

Raenir sees the informant and not really paying attention to him hands him the scroll absent mindedly focusing on his note taking.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Meredia
    Meredia pulls out her scroll, holding it out on the table where it can be clearly seen and read, but does not release it.

"Ah, your name, sir? Just to be sure we have the right party."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

The man nods upon looking over the scroll, apparently satisfied with it.

"People call me...Sssneevil..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Hordak eyed the newcomer carefully; he was certainly not what he was expecting. The people at the cathedral were always dressed in nice clothing. This man, besides the holy symbol, really didn't fit this trend. For all the bard was concerned, there were two explanations for him.

One; he attacked the original informant on the way here and stole his holy symbol.
    or
    Two; he was undercover.

However much Hordak wanted to believe the first option, he really didn't doubt that the Cathedral would know to send an undercover informant. "Yes, we are from the cathedral. How may we help you?" He says, taking out his scroll and handing it to him with a friendly smile.