New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Banned

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Ah, it's been ages since I've seen that movie. And I try not to consider your true nature, who knows what I might find.

New as in I never had one before. I'm behind the times, ok? You have any recommendations?
    Indeed. Angelic demon or demonic angel, that is the question.

And yes, I have many recommendations. Firstly, Phoenix Wright. There are three games of the series. If you haven't heard of them then it's an adventure series where you play a lawyer.

The localisation from the japanese version is the best in any game series; it makes any number of obscure references to pop culture. All in all an amazing series.

What games do you tend to enjoy? I don't mean to overexaggerate my genius in the field, but my knowledge and skill is known in all three thousand worlds.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-30 at 01:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

P_Z, I imagine you as some sort of black, gelatinous space parasite. You lurk in the cracks between dimensions, as well as in Rutskarn's brain, and ooze out in your tentacled glory.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Banned

Hey, I thought we already had insult Zero day this year.

And Rutskarn is clearly my little brother from an alternate dimension. Less j-j-jaded and more straight-thinking. His thoughts move in parabolas, mine form hyperboloids.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-30 at 01:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

Composing or just working on the lyrics? ...12 gods do we wish that we had that knack...
    Lyrics. I'm told I'm tone-deaf.

...and having the "Men in Tights" song from Robin Hood: Men in Tights is kinda screwing up keeping a coherent thought stream.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Who said it was an insult? It's just my mental image. If you were to use that Microphone of yours, then maybe I'd change that image...

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Banned

I ain't using bodiddly.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

You don't use bodiddley. Bodiddley uses you.

Don't fear him. Embrace him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought the Syfy channel would be smart enough to not play an Uwe Boll movie on their channel. I obviously thought wrong.

@v: Good point.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-12-30 at 03:55 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Uwe Boll movies are only mildly bad compared to the movies Syfy produces themselves.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

"A Uwe Boll [...]", I think? Just like a university?

Also, I hate what they're done with their logo. s00n 1t'll b3 in l33t.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post

Also, I hate what they're done with their logo. s00n 1t'll b3 in l33t.
    "A" or "An", he still makes terrible movies.

And changing it to l33t would only change the S to a 5. I checked a l33t translator.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    "A" or "An", he still makes terrible movies.

And changing it to l33t would only change the S to a 5. I checked a l33t translator.
    Maybe they'd change it teh n00bzorz? sYfyzorz
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Heh herhh, "syfy".

Zero, aren't there 4 games in Ace Attorney?

14. - Top - End - #1394

Yeah. It's pronounced like "yooniversity" so you don't put "an". Unless of course, you're being facetious in which case CONGRATULATIONS!
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-12-30 at 04:19 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Depends - is it "yoo-we" or "oo-we"?

And . . . I'm one of those creeps who still says "an historian" because . . . I don't know why. Because my mother does.

Edit: Oh. Dogmantra answered my question.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-12-30 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Il'deav Ilah'naie View Post
    Heh herhh, "syfy".

Zero, aren't there 4 games in Ace Attorney?
    Noop. There are three Phoenix Wright games and one Apollo Justice.

17. - Top - End - #1397

Which all have the "Ace Attorney" in a title, which makes them one series.
    There's also the upcoming Edgeworth game...

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Banned

I'm sorry, is it Neurotic Nitpick Day already! Gasp!

19. - Top - End - #1399

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Well it takes a certain kind of man to sing comic operettas from the nineteenth century, certainly; but who cares about seeming 'mature and manly'?
    Fools. Idiots. Normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I used to be a fanatical Movies Of Books Must Adhere Strictly To Books sort of person, but then I realised that most movies that did that were horrible.
    I disagree. Particularly because in my experience, there aren't enough movies which adhere strictly to books to reasonably refer to 'most' of them.
    And the ones I can think of are good.

Scenes that work in print don't always work in film.
    This, I'll grant you. But specific scenes are not the core of a book which must be adhered to. The plot and the characters and the general feel of it are more important.

And I think the LotR movies did a terrific job of capturing the spirit of the book and adhering to an extraordinary amount of the plot while recognising the need to excise Tom Bombadil.
    I don't know if I'd say terrific, but in general I'd agree with you. However there are still some changes which should not have been made. The general feel they got but they screwed around with the characters for no reason.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #1400

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Indeed. Angelic demon or demonic angel, that is the question.

And yes, I have many recommendations. Firstly, Phoenix Wright. There are three games of the series. If you haven't heard of them then it's an adventure series where you play a lawyer.

The localisation from the japanese version is the best in any game series; it makes any number of obscure references to pop culture. All in all an amazing series.

What games do you tend to enjoy? I don't mean to overexaggerate my genius in the field, but my knowledge and skill is known in all three thousand worlds.
    Oh, you modest thing you. Hokay, I'll trust your infinite wisdom and check out the Phoenix Wright games. I'll play most anything really, but puzzle games and RPGs are my favourite. Something I can just play for 10mins or so at a time on a train.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

I realized I never finished Death Note. I'll go watch it (With dub not sub! Gasp!) now.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I don't know if I'd say terrific, but in general I'd agree with you. However there are still some changes which should not have been made. The general feel they got but they screwed around with the characters for no reason.
    Yeah, I get you. I know they did it because they felt his character didn't evolve sufficiently, but what they did to Faramir in TTT still gets me mad. (though they redeemed themselves in RotK because in it he becomes the character Tolkien made him all along.)

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Banned

RPGs eh? There's Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story. The second and third Mario RPGs. Both fairly amusing. Aaaand Final Fantasy III, if you're feeling in the mood for spoony bard accusations.

I rather liked Trauma Center too. You're a surgeon, you use the stylus to operate on peoples. Green gel stops people from dying. Fact. Also, huge shards of glass through the heart are non-fatal.

And of course, Pokemans. Damn those Elite Four. Damn them to hell...

Puzzle-wise, there is Puzzle Quest. Which is Bejeweled really. With RPG elements and the computer is a cheating swine.

In addition, there is Professor Layton and its sequel. You solve riddles and puzzles and the main character is terribly English. Terribly so.

Hmm... The Zelda game wasn't bad either.

Mario Kart is pretty good, especially if you have someone/people to play with.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-30 at 06:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Cheers hun, you're a veritable fountain of gaming knowledge. First Professor Layton game came with the console, it seems good from the little I've played so far. He is amazingly English. More English than any English person I know.

FF III is easily on the list of potential purchases, I'm a shameless FF nerd. Pokemon's a given too, The Boy'd never forgive me if I didn't get it. I'll look into the others and pass on the green gel info to my real life doctor friend

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    FF III is easily on the list of potential purchases, I'm a shameless FF nerd. Pokemon's a given too, The Boy'd never forgive me if I didn't get it. I'll look into the others and pass on the green gel info to my real life doctor friend
    Be sure to tell him to yell 'NO DISEASE IS INCURABLE, HEALING TOUCH!' when he's operating on a guy full of tiny spiders.

Phoenix Wright though. You gotta play them.

The fifth act of the first game is a filler episode though, not connected with the main plot. Bear that in mind, since it kinda sucks.

Also, call me 'hun' again and I'll spur the Mongol hordes to burn down this damn town, so help me.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-30 at 06:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, why are people always so angry in anime? Even when they're saying things that would be better said quietly.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Man, why are people always so angry in anime? Even when they're saying things that would be better said quietly.
    comedic juxtaposition when considering how different that is from how the japanese are themselves?

They have trouble finding their teeth while they're brushing due to their highly morphic oral/dental fields?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #1408

So... a moddess, a troll and an avatarist drive down to TN...

Oh, you've heard this one? Sorry.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

29. - Top - End - #1409

Sooooo, this is interesting...

I appear to be the only person in the office right now...and there's only one other person that is due to be in...

...I should've brought my novel draft or something...

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    So... a moddess, a troll and an avatarist drive down to TN...

Oh, you've heard this one? Sorry.
    No Faerie?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!