New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Birth of America (IC)

The time was ripe: Benedict looked down upon the desert, and upon the sentient maelstrom that was his elemental servant and avatar. He addressed the entity, and made known his will as he Commanded his avatar:

"Fuemor, tear into the depths of the ground, bring me forth rock and metal from the living earth. Refine it, scour it with your divine heat and the swirling storm, shape it into mortal forms. Bodies of metal and rock, elemental souls, capable of building more of their kind with materials they strip from this world, ever forging more of themselves. They will survive in any clime, on any terrain, needing no sustenance from the world around them. They will be my perfect servants upon this earth, my Forged Ones."

And so, through the medium of his Avatar Fuemor, did Benedict command the creation of the first mortal sentient life upon this world. He looked upon their fresh-forged forms, unhindered by the harsh desert, not needing to eat, drink or breathe, and he was well pleased. He bestowed upon them gifts: Since their continuation as a species depended upon being forged from the raw materials of the world, Benedict advanced them to full mastery of metalworking from mining the ores to shaping it to their every whim. From this mastery would hopefully eventually come the great centre of what would be their civilization: In the future, the city of Faurgapolis was intended to eventually be founded here, with the swirling from of Fuemor around and about it as author and protector.

Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Turn|Player|Action
    14|AJ_Impy|Command Avatar-Fuemor-Create Race Forged Ones (Warforged) @(7.5,3)
    14|AJ_Impy|Advance Civilization-Forged Ones-Metalworking @(7.5,3)
    [/table]
    Last edited by AJ_Impy; 2009-12-30 at 06:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Taiia gathers her energy: (2d6+2)[5]

Contemplating her next decision, she waits. [I will skip this turn].
    Last edited by Pyron; 2009-12-30 at 05:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

SwashbucklerGuy

Morrow looks down at his creation and decides that it needs more direct attention. He sends his consciousness downward, into the base of the river. A geyser of water and rock signifies the emergence of Morrow's Avatar-- Walen. He is a blue dragon, fully 100 ft long from snout to tail and a wingspan 4 times that. His scales shimmer in the sun as he opens his mouth and breathes the breath of creation down the canyon. From the water and the walls of the canyon, a new race is born. Superficially resembling their creator, they nonetheless have the characteristics of the earth and water that they sprung from- both sturdy physically and fluid in spirit.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Avatar @ 3,6(10 power points)
    Command Avatar: Create Race(Dragonborn): 2 power points

Power points remaining: 0

My girlfriend(non-gamer) after watching me play an RPG on the Xbox: "So, you're just killing people and taking their stuff?"
    Me-.....Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    "You weak minded fools! If you had the strength of will to look past his illusionary fire, you would see that - OH GOD, IT BURNS! IT BURNS EVEN HOTTER THAN THE REAL THING!"

4. - Top - End - #64

Daarim gathers all his remaining strengh. The task upon is an exhausting one. He strikes down and from fog and air he cretaes a being. A giagantic creature formed solely from air. But that wasn't enough - it had to have a concrete shape. And so Daarim commanded the air to affect the shape of a bird. A great eagle made from air - Tarlish his name. And at the peak of the highest mountain in the world his nest will be.

Create Avatar at 3;5 - Tarlish - Air elemental shaped as a massive eagle

Total 0 points.
    "The proper term is, 'Smite Evil,' not, 'Bump Uglies'." - Miko

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the Laws of Physics to shut up and sit down." - Vaarsuvius

Avatar by one and only Bradakhan!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Round Three

{table=head]Race|Location
    Forged Ones|(7.5,3)
    Dragonborn|(2,6)
    [/table]
    Last edited by SilveryCord; 2009-12-31 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Taiia draws more energy: (2d6+8)[18]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Calvin draws in more energy

(2d6+8)[14]

8. - Top - End - #68

Daarim is exhausted - but not for long

(2d6+3)[9]

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the Laws of Physics to shut up and sit down." - Vaarsuvius

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emboldened, Benedict gathers his strength...

(2d6)[7]+3

10. - Top - End - #70

RangerGuy

Calvin smiles at his handy work. But he senses something missing. He reaches his hands down into the mountains and begins thinking about what he should create. An idea came, and Calvin began to create a great tiger. Large and intelligent, an Avatar. He would call it Hobbes. However he didn't want Hobbes to be lonely, so he told him to create a race to keep him company. Hobbes thought and thought. He soon begat creatures that moved like him. The second race of the world had been created in the snowy mountains. Half Men, and Half Beast

Create Avatar:10 points
    Command Avatar: 2 Point

Race: Shifters

Power Point Total: 2 points
    Last edited by SteveUnicorn; 2009-12-31 at 12:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

@Saintjeebus
    Spoiler
    Show

Uh, are you sure you meant 3,6? That's in Seth's territory

12. - Top - End - #72

SwashbucklerGuy

@silverycord
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops. 2,6 is where I wanted it. Right at the base of the canyon/river.

And because I might as well:

[roll=Power points]2d6+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Saintjebus; 2009-12-31 at 01:40 PM.
    My girlfriend(non-gamer) after watching me play an RPG on the Xbox: "So, you're just killing people and taking their stuff?"
    Me-.....Right!

"You weak minded fools! If you had the strength of will to look past his illusionary fire, you would see that - OH GOD, IT BURNS! IT BURNS EVEN HOTTER THAN THE REAL THING!"

13. - Top - End - #73

SwashbucklerGuy

Oops. Forgot I can't edit rolls in. Here we go

Power points - (2d6+3)[9]
    Me-.....Right!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Benedict

He watched the Forged ones multiply, watched them master the arts of metallurgy, watched them build more of their kind according to their template, and to give them life though the transfer of elemental spirit, tying each of the Forged Ones in an unbroken chain to Fuemor and through him to Benedict. He watched as some decided of their free will to adore their creator. Benedict was well pleased, and gave further instruction to Fuemor:

"The time has come to found Faurgapolis. Draw together my people from where they wander, and let us found a city, a place where the Forged Ones can band together to aid one another, where graet communal forges can be built to produce more of our people, and more swiftly. A place of learning and improvement, of honing minds and sharpening tools. Raise it out of the desert, and let it be polished by the sandstorms until it gleams in the sun, and glows in the midday heat. Let it be of metal and rock, as are its people."

He looked upon Faurgapolis, and saw how his people drew together at Fuemor's bidding, watched as they fabricated the city from the materials his avatar drew forth. He watched the spires of Faurgapolis rise, and saw them shine in the sun, polished by the sandstorms. He delighted in what he saw, and was well pleased.

Turning to the edges of the desert, he expanded it into the uninhabited borderlands: The northeastern peninsula, the edge of the Florida Barrier,and the edge of the northern mountains. He was mindful not to allow the area of heat and scouring winds to impinge on the handiwork of his fellow creators: The florida barrier and the lands south of it were untouched, the realm of the great river to the west was left untrammeled, and the mountains to the north were free of the heat and wind of his demesne.

"Go forth my people, and make Faurgapolis great! Also to you I give the lands of this desert, where the sun shines and the sand-laden winds blow, exposing the minerals beneath to be mined and made into tools, Forged Ones, and towns with Faurgapolis as their template. Multiply and expand!"

Spoiler
    Show

19|AJ_Impy|Command Avatar-Fuemor-Create City (Faurgapolis) @(7.5,3)
    19|AJ_Impy|Shape Climate-Hot&Dry @(8.5,5)(9.5,5.5), (8,2) (7,4)
    [/table]

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Calvin gathers his power once more,...
    I just noticed this, but there are two gods name Calvin?

16. - Top - End - #76

SwashbucklerGuy

No, SteveUnicorn just rolls his power points separately from his actions.
    Me-.....Right!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    I just noticed this, but there are two gods name Calvin?
    Sorry; was supposed to be Coolidge; that's what I get for giving my god a joke name that relies on someone else's name to be funny. If I understand fourth round has started, correct? If so I'm going to gather power
    (2d6+8)[11]
    And Coolidge does nothing, due to bad luck.
    Last edited by doliest; 2009-12-31 at 04:50 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

18. - Top - End - #78

Taiia looked away world and towards the pantheon. Curious. They seemed content on creating sentience fashioned in their likeliness. The Radiant Trickster wondered what creature could be reflect her will, but she chose the exercise restraint. She is not ready to bestow sentience on the world.

[I will delay my turn because I am still waiting for feedback from Silverycord about some terrain specific questions. While I wait, I rather let SaintJeebus and Seth go ahead.

Note: this is not the same thing as forfeiting my turn.]

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

Morrow looks with pleasure upon his worshippers. He whispers to his avatar, and his avatar lifts into the air, circling the chasm while the Dragonborn look on in awe. When Walen finds what he is looking for, He alights on one side of the chasm and lets out a roar that is heard for hundreds of miles. The Dragonborn flock to the site, and it becomes a great city- The City of Hanging Vines, Val'char.

Spoiler
    Show

Command Avatar: 2 Power points.

Power points remaining: 7

Me-.....Right!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

After a question from Pyron, I've considered adding another available power.

From this point on, the power 'Create Supernatural Area' will be available.

{table=head]Power|1st Age|2nd Age|3rd Age
    Create Supernatural Area, 1''|4|6|10
    [/table]

This power connects an area to a mystical force or a supernatural effect of your own choosing; it might be an area you've woven to closely intersect with another plane, an area where your people's ancestors appear in dreams to offer prophetic advice, or an area where magic is dampened or amplified.

21. - Top - End - #81

Taiia looked away world and towards the pantheon. Curious. They seemed content on creating sentience fashioned in their likeliness. The Radiant Trickster wondered what creature could be reflect her will, but she chose the exercise restraint. She is not ready to bestow sentience on the world.

For now, she content with the forests and rives that her willpower ignited. And she was content with it being untamed wilderness as the domain of the primordial animals.

Inside her pouch, Taiia carried of ancient rocks. They are the raw shards of time and creation, left over from the forgotten material plane of her parents. Shards empowered with the life force of the arcane. She desired to create more earth and water with these shard, it will serve as a monument to her parents – forgotten deities of a shattered world.

Taiia focus to sun light gaze on the ocean south of her valley. There she placed the shared into the ocean with the thoughts of islands. Then suddenly the energy erupted into an island chain. Each island houses an eerie land that mocked reality itself. The beaches open into grassland populated with luminous fungus and rock formations perched in the air. The woods spawned trees that are sharp and twisted, like daggers. Floating waterfalls conjured rivers of dark water, frigid as ice. Who know what matter of creature that could thrive here.

Even more curious that all the forest on each island are connected – making it possible to travel from one island to another. This archipelago is very much alive with raw arcane essence.

Spoiler
    Show

21?|Pyron|Create Supernatural Area: Feywild Archipelago @(5.5, 0.5) and @(6,5, 0.5).
    21?|Pyron|Shape Land: Feywild Archipelago @(5.5, 0.5) and @(6,5, 0.5).
    [/table]

Remain Power: 4

*If I were to make this, would I need to use another Shape Land to make the islands. Or is Create Supernatural Area enough?
    Last edited by Pyron; 2009-12-31 at 11:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Create Supernatural Area does not physically alter the state of the land, you need a separate Shape Land power use.

23. - Top - End - #83

Daarim looks at his last creation with joy. Tarlish will have work to do but first preparations need to be done. Daarim blowed around his forest - a great wind that transported seeds to the other side of the mountain. In an instant another part of the jungle becomes reality.

But Daarim was only just starting. He struck the mountaint with all his might. His fist created an extraplanar hole, a portal to a place very close to his hearth. Tarlish shriecked with joy as he felt powerful winds and clear air.

Daarim looked at his avatar - "Now my child" he said. Tarlish took out few feathers with his beak and let tem go with the wind. As soon as those touched the side of the mountain, the feather transformed into humanoidal creature. Half men, half air these creatures will feel wonderfully in this surrounding. In the future they will become most noble sages and philosophers. Bu that wasn't to happen today...

Spoiler
    Show

1. Shape land - jungle - just simetrical to what is on the other side of the mountain.
    2. Create supernatural Area - connection with plane of air
    3. Command Avatar - create race - Air Genasi

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Round 5 begins

{table=head]Race|Location
    Forged Ones|(7.5,3)
    Dragonborn|(2,6)
    Shifters|(6,5)
    [/table]

Forged Ones
    Capital City-Faurgapolis (7.5, 3)
    Advanced Civilization-Metalworking

{table=head]Supernatural Areas|Description|Location
    Feywild Archipelago|Linked to the Feywild|@(5.5, 0.5),(6.5, 0.5)
    Genasi Mountain|Linked to the Prime Air Plane|@(3,5)
    [/table]
    Last edited by SilveryCord; 2010-01-02 at 02:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

RangerGuy

Calvin draws in Power

(2d6+5)[13]

26. - Top - End - #86

SteveUnicorn it's your turn so just make your action

27. - Top - End - #87

Taiia draws more energy: (2d6+7)[16]

28. - Top - End - #88

SwashbucklerGuy

Morrow meditates, drawing in energy:

PowerPoints - (2d6+7)[11]

Bah. Stupid roller.....
    Last edited by Saintjebus; 2010-01-01 at 05:17 PM.
    Me-.....Right!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Benedict basks in the feedback of adoration from his people:

(2d6)[5]+3

30. - Top - End - #90

RangerGuy

Calvin looks down at his people and smiles. The shifters were beautiful. However they were cold and disorganized. He commanded Hobbes to build a city buy the lake (6.5,5.5). He called it Harth.

He was not yet satisfied however. He wanted to give his people a gift so he gave them something. He showed himself to his people and gave them access to hunting tools. The Bow and Arrow. They could now shoot their food from affar

Command Avatar:2 Points
    Advance Civilization: 8 Points

Rolling for next turn (2d6+6)[15]