New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, MK XXI - Death is not Maltak

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Where the last mountain get's tired of waiting for the Orc DDR.
    It would be amusing if the prophecy failed because Luna and Dominic forgot to tell everyone about the whole dancing part of the prophecy. It would be less amusing if the arc has to be extended for them to send out an expedition to find the blasted mountain again.

I guess this is further proof that orcs are abysmal at spot and listen checks, given a whole entire mountain can sneak past them in the middle of the night.

2. - Top - End - #92

Imp

Comic boring. Newspost pathetic. See you guys tomorrow.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    It would be amusing if the prophecy failed because Luna and Dominic forgot to tell everyone about the whole dancing part of the prophecy. It would be less amusing if the arc has to be extended for them to send out an expedition to find the blasted mountain again.

I guess this is further proof that orcs are abysmal at spot and listen checks, given a whole entire mountain can sneak past them in the middle of the night.
    You know, this arc just has not done any of the things it has promised to do.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

I should be angry that Kiya could somehow miss a Mountain vanishing into the earth. But I don't give a damn.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

If Mookie truly had so little going on this weekend, perhaps he could've invested a little bit of it into unraveling the mystery of how to draw a face in profile. I was sketching out some mocking fanart to try and reacquaint myself with my tablet (I have forgotten everything I new about coloring hair and putting down smooth lines, apparently) and man, I really hadn't properly appreciated some of the art problems until I forced myself to really look at them for reference.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

I can almost taste the sweet nectar of real heartbreak storytelling in this post.

I have a secret joy, and that joy is tragedy. The ending of Pirates of the Carribean 3, where Legolas can only be with his true love, what's-her-face for one evening every X number of years was like candy to me. When someone pointed out that it was set up that by waiting for him she freed him of the curse, I was actually disappointed. The idea of Kiya deciding to throw everything away two minutes too late to join her lover for an eternity of bliss is so awesome I can hardly stand it. Unfortunately, it's Dominic Deegan, so I can't even get that enjoyment out of it, because there's no explained reason she didn't just stay on the mountain in the first place, or why the mountain left. It's a bad turn for the sake of story, and that's just plain switching up the order on how tragedy is supposed to work as a storytelling tool.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

"You could be a positive role model for oppressed women throughout orcdom!"
    "Screw that, I'm going to throw myself at my sort-of boyfriend who I met a week or so ago."

Deeganverse feminism in action.

I mean, I realize that the point was supposed to inform us that she was now an enlightened, confident woman who would be a good role model, but Mookie's messages really have a way of shooting themselves in the foot.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

The current strip makes me rage.. The hell I liked Kiya.. Well I have to slam my head against my desk till all the crap that one strip produced goes away.

Damnation Deegan! DOES SUBTLETY MEAN NOTHING?!

Then again... Looking back on Deegan and what I just said..
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2010-01-18 at 04:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

really? i liked todays comic, maybe because i allways have had a thing for heroes who manage to say "screw you" to fate, and seems that Kiya are at least trying to do this.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

I have one question in reguards to the newspost: What does he mean 'turns into'?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

I sense more examples of defying fate ahead and I wouldn't be surprised if Mookie decided to make it one of this arcs' "morals".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #102

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Not a continuity error. That blue grass-like plant is a crop they're growing and harvesting. There's normal grass in the panel right before, and it is clearly a normal green.
    Orcs are a self-admitted nomadic Hunter/Gatherer society. By definition, they're not farmers.

Either Maltak grass turns blue when it's "ripe" and the Orcs just happen to be there to take advantage of it, or Mookie failed his 4th Grade History exams.

On today's strip: Why is Suyan so worried about Kiya walking 50 yards away? He's apparently got a Thing for Melna so he has no romantic interest in Kiya, and the mountain appeared right in the middle of the camp where he lives.
    Perhaps 5 minutes on foot is far, far too much of a commute for the modern working Orc (although given that Maltak is only about 100 metres in diameter, a 5 minute walk is probably equivalent to migrating....)
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I sense more examples of defying fate ahead and I wouldn't be surprised if Mookie decided to make it one of this arcs' "morals".
    Because "screw destiny" is a viable aesop in the real world.

14. - Top - End - #104

Wait, they kinda like each other by each others admission. They're willing to throw everything they've learned to the wind to be together. He's willing to put her above the dignity of Dominus and somehow live.

And yet he doesn't even leave a single goddamn note. What a true and noble hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    On today's strip: Why is Suyan so worried about Kiya walking 50 yards away? He's apparently got a Thing for Melna so he has no romantic interest in Kiya, and the mountain appeared right in the middle of the camp where he lives.
    If Kiya's to be a proper role model, she must be present at the Bikta camp 24-7. Otherwise, the orcs will immediately forget all her lessons and go back to their natural state of rape and murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

What lessons could she teach, exactly? All she's done is kill a man and expressed the need to get saved.

...oh.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joro View Post
    If Mookie truly had so little going on this weekend, perhaps he could've invested a little bit of it into unraveling the mystery of how to draw a face in profile. I was sketching out some mocking fanart to try and reacquaint myself with my tablet (I have forgotten everything I new about coloring hair and putting down smooth lines, apparently) and man, I really hadn't properly appreciated some of the art problems until I forced myself to really look at them for reference.
    Welcome to my plight.

Also: Suicorc's boobage is getting bigger for some reason. Is this a emotional-chemical reaction?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Welcome to my plight.

Also: Suicorc's boobage is getting bigger for some reason. Is this a emotional-chemical reaction?
    I believe it was covered in the epic thread that Dominion apes actually change in boobage when particularly emotional due to those actually being some sort of gland. No one's sure why as we've established that milk from female dominion apes is actually their tears, this being why they seem to be so emotional and weepy: It actually makes them better mothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Given that the mountain moved away, one could assume that it's even more punishment for Hansi because now the one person who could give him company is far away. So unless she doesn't survive the trip and/or the mountain is in an unobtainable location, he's screwed even more. Though there is a chance if she survives the trip, she'll be the new crone.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

New arc: race to be the next crone.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh no, I want nothing more than to be with my true love...eh, I'll just wait til tomorrow morning even though I don't want to be with these people."
    My pronouns are they/them.

Avatar courtesy of Elagune's OotS manga reinterpretation!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course now that Mookie went over his one year set limit there is nothing holding him back from just slugging out more of Maltak, as you can already see...
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    But Fate and Prophecy has been depended upon to protect the world duing Storm of Souls if I recall correctly, and just finished rejuvenating Maltak. The main 'hero' is an oracle, the type of person who lays down prophecy in the first place.

It seems strange and contradictory if it becomes a stated moral that defiance of fate is praiseworthy in Dominic-Deegan, but that almost assuredly means it will take place.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I believe it was covered in the epic thread that Dominion apes actually change in boobage when particularly emotional due to those actually being some sort of gland. No one's sure why as we've established that milk from female dominion apes is actually their tears, this being why they seem to be so emotional and weepy: It actually makes them better mothers.
    Milk is their tears, but it has to be produced in the boobs. Tear glands? What are those?

An emotional woman's breasts swell, therefore, because she is actively lactating. It's just that instead of coming out the nipple like it does with normal humans, it travels through ducts to get to the eyes and come out as tears.
    Last edited by Penquin47; 2010-01-18 at 05:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jerthanis View Post
    But Fate and Prophecy has been depended upon to protect the world duing Storm of Souls if I recall correctly, and just finished rejuvenating Maltak. The main 'hero' is an oracle, the type of person who lays down prophecy in the first place.

It seems strange and contradictory if it becomes a stated moral that defiance of fate is praiseworthy in Dominic-Deegan, but that almost assuredly means it will take place.
    Fate is a joke in Deeganverse pretty much. It's basically the punching bag of the oracles who change it all the time when it doesn't suit them. So calling it fate is misleading. It's more like, "what would happen if nobody did anything"

There's possible slay material in this I think.

26. - Top - End - #116

GnomeWizardGuy

Has Dominic had a prediction of the future that has actually been realised? The ones I remember are always some ghastly event that he successfully averts. The ghastly events that do happen always seem to be visions of the present.

27. - Top - End - #117

He did get the "Tonight someone dies" event back when Siggy died... but I don't think that counts. I don't even think it was really a vision.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Nope, because if he'd seen Siggy dying, he'd have done something to stop Siggy from dying.

Maybe.

I'm sure he'd have given it his best effort.

Well, some effort.

Okay, he'd have talked about how sad he was that he couldn't stop it despite having advance warning.

29. - Top - End - #119

New Comic.

Hey, I have a great idea: Let's pretend that last panel never happened!
    Last edited by Castel; 2010-01-19 at 01:30 AM. Reason: me no spell gud
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

New...what the ****?

Spoiler
    Show
    Grench!

Chief!

Mookie!

Grench!