New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Malamundus (A 3.5 Campaign Setting)

just gonna say that if you do have the smart minotaurs the gnolls would need some change to make them less in the large muscle catagory.

Since both are going to be viewed as such being large, furred anthromorphs. One idea I suggest it to make it so that the gnolls act much like the dark elves and view violence as an art.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfiend View Post
    just gonna say that if you do have the smart minotaurs the gnolls would need some change to make them less in the large muscle catagory.

Since both are going to be viewed as such being large, furred anthromorphs. One idea I suggest it to make it so that the gnolls act much like the dark elves and view violence as an art.
    To be fair, my gnolls don't get a Strength bonus - they're more lean pack runners than brutes.

I envision the new gnolls as being a swamp-dwelling cannibalistic race symbiotic with the gravetouched - the gnolls find suitable corpses, strip them of meat, and bring them to the gravetouched (who spend most of their time indoors) for raising. Of course, since gnolls can digest bone, sometimes they go too far and eat the whole thing.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've got a new idea for the races here.

The races are divided into three basic castes:

Nobles
    Citizens
    Barbarians

The nobles would be tieflings descended from true tanar'ri - balors, mariliths, hezrou, vrock, nalfeshnee, and glabrezu.

The citizens would be descended from lesser tanar'ri - succubi, nabassu, babau.

Barbarians wouldn't truly be tieflings at all - gnolls, lizardfolk, minotaurs.

Thoughts?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    So, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've got a new idea for the races here.

The races are divided into three basic castes:

Nobles
    Citizens
    Barbarians

The nobles would be tieflings descended from true tanar'ri - balors, mariliths, hezrou, vrock, nalfeshnee, and glabrezu.

The citizens would be descended from lesser tanar'ri - succubi, nabassu, babau.

Barbarians wouldn't truly be tieflings at all - gnolls, lizardfolk, minotaurs.

Thoughts?
    Not following you. Are you saying to divide, say, Cogs and Gnolls into Barbarians, Fiendkin and Gravetouched into Citizens, and Highborn into Nobles? Or are you saying to divide each race into groups of Nobles, Citizens, and Barbarians? Or that everything is Barbarians, except for Tieflings or Demons, which aren't races yet?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Not following you. Are you saying to divide, say, Cogs and Gnolls into Barbarians, Fiendkin and Gravetouched into Citizens, and Highborn into Nobles? Or are you saying to divide each race into groups of Nobles, Citizens, and Barbarians? Or that everything is Barbarians, except for Tieflings or Demons, which aren't races yet?
    Sorry, yeah. Wasn't quite clear.

So, a race like the Fiendkin would be a noble house, descended from Balors (hence their resistance to fire and control over lesser demons). Orochi are likely to become a noble house, descended from mariliths. Whatever the hezrou/vrock races are (Deep Ones / Tengu?) would form the noble militant force - knights, ship captains.

Citizens would be more along the lines of Gravetouched (nabassu / maurhezi), Gremlins (babau), Changeling (yochlol). These would form the basis of the middle class - merchants, doctors, artisans, courtesans.

Barbarians would be those who have no demon blood whatsoever - Gnolls, Minotaurs, Lizardfolk. They'd often be slaves or lower class workers.

It would be a pretty drastic overhaul of the setting. I'm kind of just spitballing and wanting to play up A.) the demonic nature of the world and B.) the scheming conflict between the houses and factions in general

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

A little unorthdox, but I believe you can pull it off.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Hey I was wondering if you could repost the house setting rules. I really liked all of the skill rolls and whatnot.
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Game Class
    Leonardo Del Piero Long Term Game Bard
    Mathitis Desmevoun The Darkwater Operation Soul Disciple
    Vaelann Grishnįkh Tealpeck's Flood Heroic Fighter // Totemist
    God The Prophets Dungeon Master

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afrenchpenguin View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you could repost the house setting rules. I really liked all of the skill rolls and whatnot.
    Oh dear, it seems I forgot to save them.

Pretty sure I consolidated the following skills:

Acrobatics (DEX) (Balance, Escape Artist, and Tumble)

Athletics (STR) (Climb, Jump, and Swim)

Knowledge (culture) (INT) (Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), possibly also Knowledge (local))

Mechanics (DEX) (Disable Device and Open Lock)

Perception (WIS) (Listen and Spot)

Stealth (DEX) (Hide and Move Silently).

Other relevant rules included: all druids are shapeshift druids, all clerics are cloistered clerics, and a few others I don't rightly remember. Sorry.