New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    No....I suggested that the 3 other Suna people should form a squad, unless...

Rakki's a chunin...

*bonks head on keyboard*
    My English seems worse than I thought

Because I don't understand a word of that, care to elaborate?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'd say yes; although I doubt it's common practice, one village hiring another isn't outside realm of possibility. Heck, some smaller villages exist that way; Takumi gets its income from selling weaponry to other people, major ninja villages included.
    Yes and..no. There is a subtle difference between selling weapons, armor, and ninja goods to other villages (that's just basic economics, sell your surplus to those who'll use it) and hiring out shinobi of another village which...is like insulting yourself by saying 'well our ninja can't do it, let's get theirs to do it!'. Unless it's something a village is physically incapable of doing or they are allies, I doubt you'd see much of ninja working in other villages. Even then it'd be rare. For an example...why would Suna hire Konoha shinobi to do a mission, when they've spent years and hundreds of ryo to train their own shinobi? Course one answer to that could be 'because it's really dangerous and there are going to be heavy casualties, so lets make it THEIR casualties'. Or did you mean things like joint-missions or foreign shinobi who play a role in another village (like Haruka is the representative for Kumogakure)?

@Silverraptor: It depends on if Senga caught him or not. If he caught him, then that's...pretty amazing. If not...then Senga's workload of menial tasks might be significantly increased in the near future for not catching him or telling others who WOULD try. And by significantly, I mean the workaholic will be begging for a vacation.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

I was thinking mainly joint mission and very high risk mission, and between allies, mostly. Do I remember right that Suna and Konoha are allies?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    @Silverraptor: It depends on if Senga caught him or not. If he caught him, then that's...pretty amazing. If not...then Senga's workload of menial tasks might be significantly increased in the near future for not catching him or telling others who WOULD try. And by significantly, I mean the workaholic will be begging for a vacation.
    Right. So significantly means he will be added alot more task that is the equivilant of 8 elephants. Senga had better catch Neko then.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and..no. There is a subtle difference between selling weapons, armor, and ninja goods to other villages (that's just basic economics, sell your surplus to those who'll use it) and hiring out shinobi of another village which...is like insulting yourself by saying 'well our ninja can't do it, let's get theirs to do it!'. Unless it's something a village is physically incapable of doing or they are allies, I doubt you'd see much of ninja working in other villages. Even then it'd be rare. For an example...why would Suna hire Konoha shinobi to do a mission, when they've spent years and hundreds of ryo to train their own shinobi? Course one answer to that could be 'because it's really dangerous and there are going to be heavy casualties, so lets make it THEIR casualties'. Or did you mean things like joint-missions or foreign shinobi who play a role in another village (like Haruka is the representative for Kumogakure)?
    I suppose they might work with foreign ninjas as guides in unfamiliar territory. While they are less fragile than normal guides, there's the problem of giving away your abilities.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-03-16 at 02:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

What's happened to ninjas these days?! In the old days they would have hired him and double-crossed him only to figure out he had double-crossed them! And it would continue on for few weeks, months or, more likely, decades!

Besides, he's officially dead so the politics would only matter when (or if) he could prove he's not a fake.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    What's happened to ninjas these days?! In the old days they would have hired him and double-crossed him only to figure out he had double-crossed them! And it would continue on for few weeks, months or, more likely, decades!

Besides, he's officially dead so the politics would only matter when (or if) he could prove he's not a fake.
    That's the era that the Sandaime Hokage came from. He'd like to keep from going back to it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

wink Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

That's going to undermine some of Kazuma's arguments if he gets caught.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

That's the era that the Sandaime Hokage came from. He'd like to keep from going back to it.
    And so would Rakki, not so sure about Yuu, though

Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly a joint-mission is but would it be possible for Rakki to do those or be a representative of Suna when Suna doesn't acknowledge that he's alive?*

*Of course they haven't actually cancelled his status so he would technically be qualified, it all depends on the relationship between the villages really.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

In joint mission, personnel from two allied villages work together to reach a common goal. My memory's a bit hazy on the details, but in canon Naruto, Rescue Gaara Arc was one; have you gotten to that point yet? Another example would technically be Suna and Oto joint attack on Konoha.

I'm not aware of any joint missions currently in play, but if you pester Callos enough he might agree on one.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rescue Sasuke Arc in the anime and manga, and the arc just before Shippuden started in the anime were both examples of Konoha and Suna working together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    My English seems worse than I thought

Because I don't understand a word of that, care to elaborate?
    Erm...phew. Here goes! I thought that Rakki was a genin, but I guess I was mistaken...I'm tired these days...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    The Rescue Sasuke Arc in the anime and manga, and the arc just before Shippuden started in the anime were both examples of Konoha and Suna working together.
    That never happened. Repeat after me, the filler is just a bad nightmare.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

No, because I liked that arc.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Firbolg in the Playground

That never happened. Repeat after me, the filler is just a bad nightmare.
    Callos is in denial. It is the first step to acceptance. How'd I...oh its not even close.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    No, because I liked that arc.

*Grabs Innis and puts a kidney to his head* I'LL DO IT!! I'LL ****ING DO IT! Now admit the filler never happened, or Innis gets the kidney!

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You don't have the guts. You wouldn't dare.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

I. Liked. That. Arc.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Innis deploys his master plan in 3... 2... 1...

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zerk. My master plan took affect an hour and a half ago. The fact that you are now aware of it means that no one can do a thing to fix it.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Zerk. My master plan took affect an hour and a half ago. The fact that you are now aware of it means that no one can do a thing to fix it.
    ... *Kills with kidney* Whelp, fixed for me anyway. Later suckers.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Innis. He will be missed. *Sniff*

Anyways, what does it say on his will? I'm sure he left each of us some nice stuff.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Dibs on controlling the Shoku. Muahahahahaha!!!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Dibs on controlling the Shoku. Muahahahahaha!!!
    Alright then. I challenge you for leadership of the Shoku! Stabs with large needle in the face. I win.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-03-17 at 09:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Perhaps I should tell poor Leech-kun what's in store for him...

Spoiler
    Show
    In my drawing, I have him sitting on the beach reading and wearing-get this-a t-shirt, Hawaiin boardshorts (that's right, ones with flowers), an army helmet, and a dog tag with a scorpion on it.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Alright then. I challenge you for leadership of the Shoku! Stabs with large needle in the face. I win.
    It would actually be quite fun to see a battle between the most powerful members of the Shoku when (or if) Kyo dies
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #1137

But for now, I ninja all of the Shoku.

Want proof?

Spoiler
    Show
    In the drawing:

Alilah-oblivious of everything. Duh.
    Kaguya-she's evidently never seen someone pass out from alcohol before.
    Shaolong-ever seen a geezer low-riding? Methinks not.
    Leech-wearing an army helmet and yellow flowered boardshorts. In short? Lousy fashion sense.
    Chains-out cold because he had too much to drink.
    Urama-her friend with benefits boyfriend Chains passed out!
    Rei-wearing a very un-sensible bathing suit.
    Kazuma-the ice cream probably adds about a pound to his already very heavy cargo load.
    Sasan-has a very awesome surfboard. But is only holding it because 'chicks dig surfers'.
    Kyo-listening to an iPod. No doubt to something by T-Pain.
    Yoshi's ghost-forced to cosplay captain hook. Poor guy.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Omakes don't count as proof.

29. - Top - End - #1139

I know. You'll just have to wait until I'm finished my drawing to see how evil I can truly be. By the way, what colour is Kazuma's hair? And how long is it? Straight or spiky? Thanks...I'm doing him next.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Have him wear his straw hat. Problem solved.

Okay, not quite. Lets say light brown, short-to-mid-lenght and messy.