New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: End Of Champions

Rugo starts to float slightly off the ground and wills himself toward Marrissa.

Team attack on the net?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Right. Let's make it flashy- like it's all part of the show. That'll give Avain time to get out and do what he needs to do."
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

3. - Top - End - #33

Right on.

Rugo flourishes his staff as much as possible without dropping it, then starts a quick stomping dance. While he does this, flames start to appear on the end of his staff. He looks over at Marrissa, waiting for her to start her spell, while at the same time spinning, jumping, and stomping. As soon as her spell is ready, he grunts loudly, throwing his staff up in the air for all the audience to see.

Huh!

Flames continue to dance around the staff as Rugo moves his arms and hands below. Around the staff, air distorts, as if time itself was slowing in the presence of the staff. When the weapon hits the chain, Rugo releases his spell, raising his arms straight into the air, fire exploding from his staff (in reality, it manifested from his mind, but the audience doesn't know that).

When the explosion goes off, Rugo sends his staff back to its dimensional safekeeping. It appears as if the fire consumed his weapon.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #34

[OOC:Just to note, Rugo and Marrissa's spells take place in the following two rounds after this one. Round four is when we start casting, round five is when it hits.]

Marrissa blows a kiss to the crowd and winks. As she starts chanting, she begins mirroring Rugo's movements and carefully spinning her sword. Her cloak exaggerating her flashy movements as light blue energy begins to form around her hands.

"Hah!"

With a flourish, a group of ice particles fly from her hands and circle around the flames of Rugo's staff. The tiny crystalline shards reflect the light of the flames outwards like prisms. At the exact same moment Rugo completes his attack, so too does Marrissa send shards of ice towards the net. The explosion and contact with the net shatters the ice, creating a shower of dust-sized ice particles that reflect in the light- as well as distracting from any damage to the net the spells might have caused.

Homebrewer's signature.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

[Taking place in round 3, before Rugo and Marrissa's spells start their cast time, if I'm understanding this correctly]

With her hit barely connecting, Maria begins to second guess jumping into the fray with her knife. Seeing Marrissa's ice hit the net gave her an idea though. The more distracted our captors and the audience are, the less likely they are to realize what they're preparing... Luckily distraction is something I have in spades. Holding her hands in front of her, three spheres of light form filled with flashing colors. Come on, don't fail me now... As the lights change color with increasing speed, Maria grows nervous.

Round 3:
    Slots - Gambler's Reels:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[5][3][3](11) = Pair of threes
    Normal: +1 Extra XP for the party if the battle ends in 5 rounds.

The orbs crackle with energy as two of them merge together in a burst of green energy, bathing the unwilling combatants with a tingling sensation. "How's that?" She shouts to the audience with renewed energy, spinning back into a defensive stance and hoping that her light show doesn't result in a serving of venom.
    Last edited by Lord Badguy; 2010-03-02 at 04:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

ElfMonkGuy

Round 3

At first, Sangiel seems almost oblivious to the plan. But as he sees the damage being done, his face dawns with enlightenment. "Ah, I see. What must be done..." He runs and slides underneath Patches, firing his gun directly upwards as he does so, so as to hit the ceiling as well as the bug. After finishing the slide, he spins back round on to his feet, blade at the ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Instant action to move just past.

Attack - (2d6+5)[3][6](14)
    13 Damage
    Last edited by Melamoto; 2010-03-02 at 11:19 AM.
    Give me any character, and I will give you a freeform conversion.

7. - Top - End - #37

Default Round I'm Paying Attention To Them, Now.

Patches, after being ripped apart by the Hold-assisted attacks, floats softly to the ground with one last buzz of defiance.

Rugo and Marrissa stop casting their spells, when they see that Sangiel managed to blast a hole in the chain net. The Killer Bee hive, however, stirs, and three more Killer Bees come out (for references, they're called Bee One, Bee Two, and You Killed My Destroyer).

The crowd has been having mixed responses to the show. Some sit and watch with renewed interest at something different, in this place, but more are protesting loudly that they came here to see blood, and when are these people going to turn on each other, as was promised?

They don't seem to notice or are primarily interested because of the net breaking, but Boss Walden, glaring hatefully at you from behind one of the gates, can be seen ordering minions about. They are scattering, but the ones that he's directing towards the ring hesitate.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

8. - Top - End - #38

Round 4

Good to see everyone's up to speed. Marrissa notes as Maria creates a distraction and Sangiel angles his shot to hit both the last bee and the net. Now Rugo and I just need to--- she blinks as the android's shot tears the net, and stops her impromptu dance. That works too.

Marrissa just starts to relax when she spots the commotion behind the gate and a second wave of Killer Bees. Works all the better, actually. From the looks of things, we'll need to take care of some goons on the way out. After a pause, she restarts the incantation for Blizzard, eying Bee One warily.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 20/20
    MP: 12/18
    ACC: 4
    EVA: 9
    ARM: 5
    M.ARM: 5

STR: 4 (1)
    DEX: 6 (2)
    VIT: 6 (2)
    INT: 7 (2)
    CHA: 7 (2)

Weapon: Tier 1 Sword (STRx1)

Items:
    Potion (25 HP)
    Ether (25 MP) x2
    Glowstone (minor light source)
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-03-02 at 09:19 PM.

Homebrewer's signature.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 4

Avain smiled as the shots from the Gun broke through the Net. He didn't know if Boss Walden was unhappy with the lack of bloodshed, or actually knew what was about to happen. It didn't matter either way.

"Good luck, you lot. Take care of the Bees for me, will you?"

With that, Avain pushed off the ground sharply, hurling himself into the air like all Dragoons learned to as a matter of course. The small Dragon followed it's master up.

Move quickly, seize the gate, and get it open. After that, I can really start having fun.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-03-02 at 10:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Round 4...?

Seeing the last bee go down, Kailana gives a small cheer... until three more buzz out, making her glare. "Stupid bees! Get lost!" She put sher hands together, sword stuck into the dirt, as she begins concentrating. Yellow energy crackles between her hands!

Action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Begin casting Choco Ball.

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 17/17
    MP: 20/20
    ACC: 3
    ARM: 2
    M.ARM: 6

VIT: 4 (1)
    INT: 8 (2)
    CHA: 8 (2)

Items:
    Potion (25 hp)
    Ether (25 mp)
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #41

Round Four

Rugo stops his dancing fires, blinking his eyes rapidly, halfway through when he sees the gun's shot tear through the net easily.

He responds to Avain.

Hm. Indeed...on to the new targets then.

The militaristic time mage drops to the ground in a roll, making sure to keep his staff clear of the ground. When in range, he smacks the hive as hard as possible with the butt end of his signature weapon.

Drop the source, then the enemies--check.

Rugo smiles.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Instant action to move within range of the bee hive (or, if not possible, instant action to move within range for next round but as far away from the bees as possible), then standard action to attack it with his staff.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #42

ElfMonkGuy

Round 4

As Sangiel's attack destroys the net, he looks around at his allies. He sees Avain escape, and breathes a sigh of relief. When he sees Boss Walden order the troops around, his stance turns aggressive. He looks to the others, "You may wish to leave here. They're coming to take us back right now. Let's go now, quickly! I'll keep them distracted until I can follow."

He turns to the bees, and stands so low his body is almost touching the floor. Then, he suddenly sprints forward at the bees, jumping at them whilst spinning his blade, slashing all 3 of them at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Instant Action to move within short range of all of the bees.
    Standard Action to cleave attack all of them.

Attack - (2d6+5)[6][6](17)
    (Wow, a critical with the only ability that doesn't allow them...)
    7 Damage before ARM.
    Last edited by Melamoto; 2010-03-04 at 11:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

As the net breaks Maria consider's fleeing, but quickly comes to her senses as she sees the new wave of bees. "We have a much better shot making it out of here as a group, and I'm not too keen on leaving anyone behind." she mentions to Sangiel as she closes the distance and lunges to skewer "You Killed My Destroyer"... And gets parried by the bees stinger, which flabbergasts Maria. How did that thing block my... oh nevermind.

Round 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Instand: Move short distance to the bees.
    Standard: Attack "You Killed My Destroyer", (2d6+4)[1][1](6) Critical failure >_<
    Last edited by Lord Badguy; 2010-03-04 at 12:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Default End Of Round Four.

The crowd is several brands of excited about Avain's escape, but the majority are on the verge of panic. The regular announcer runs off, as Boss Walden arrives in his place before the crowd to growl, "All part of the show, folks! You're safe! Look at him! He's just a coward!" Walden desperately shoots through the net at Avain, attempting to contain his building fury. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6][6](12) +3 to hit, Disabling Shot, no damage, but on a successful hit, Avain's EVA with be reduced by 2 for the remainder of combat.

Bee One is clipped by Sangiel's Cleavage and claws back at him. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[3][1](4)+4 to hit, -4 to the higher result for damage, due to their +5 for damage and his 9 ARM.

Bee Two jerks, managing to resist buzzing a joke about the name of the attack, but that just made him an easy target for it. He claws at Sangiel, buzzing with rage at the distracting attack. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[3][3](6) same as before.

You Killed My Destroyer is beaten to the side by Sangiel's attack, giving him the room to parry Maria's attack. He re-orients on her and attacks --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6][5](11) +4 to hit, the higher result is damage, due to their +5 for damage and her 5 ARM.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-03-04 at 06:25 AM.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Round Five

The yellow energy ball grows to surround the little moogle's body. A sudden brief flash of a chocobo's image superimposed on her, and a mighty "KWEH!", and she spreads her arms wide. "Choco Ball!" The energy ball streaks through the air, smacking right into You Killed My Destroyer!

She then rushes in to slash at him and finish him off!

Choco Ball
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+16)[21] damage, doubled due to Killer Bees being Aerial enemies = 42 damage before M.ARM.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+3)[12] accuracy, (2d6+3)[3][1](7) accuracy, 7 damage on hit.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 17/17
    MP: 20/20
    ACC: 3
    ARM: 2
    M.ARM: 6

VIT: 4 (1)
    INT: 8 (2)
    CHA: 8 (2)

Items:
    Potion (25 hp)
    Ether (25 mp)
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-03-04 at 06:35 AM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 5

Avain smiled as the crowd ran off. They were smart. Avain wasn't going to restrain himself because the watchers of this bloodsport got in his way. They were culpable as well.

Irrelevant now.

Boss Walden's shot hits Avain, but the Elvaan does his best to shrug it off and keep running. He swiftly crossed the net, heading into the stands as swiftly as possible.

17. - Top - End - #47

Round 5

With a cry of "Blizzard!", Marrissa finishes her spell and sends a burst of small icy particles at Bee One. Only after Blizzard tears into the Killer Bee does she notice Kailana's spell. That... was that Black magic or...? Focus, Marrissa. You're in the middle of a fight right now. She shakes her head and dashes over to Sangiel's side to assist, making a leap to close the remaining distance and use her momentum to drive her sword through Bee Two.

Blizzard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+14)[17]

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Finish casting Blizzard, targeting Bee One.
    • Lore check to find out what type of magic Kailana's using: (2d6)[3]
    • Move short range to attack Bee Two
    • Attack Bee Two: (2d6)[4][5](9) result+4=accuracy, higher roll+4-Bee's ARM=damage

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    MP: 6/18

Items:
    Potion (25 HP)
    Ether (25 MP) x2

Homebrewer's signature.

18. - Top - End - #48

Default Middle Of Round Five.

You Killed My Destroyer goes down with a spray of fuzz. Kailana's subsequent attack misses, as it falls, though.

Marrissa's Blizzard rips through Bee One, which now looks to be on its last wings. The crowd "Awww..."s with disappointment, when what ice didn't stop at the Killer Bee just flies into the wall, unimpressively. Her leaping attack at Bee Two wounds it, but it is looking much better than its companions.

Marrissa --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    What with the super-imposed Chocobo, the name of the attack being shouted, and the fact that Kailana looks nothing like your typical Black Mage, you're fairly certain that it's not Black Magic. You should probably know what it is, though. Possibly Blue.

As Avain continues to run at them, despite Boss Walden apparently striking true, the crowd closest to him backs away. Several of the weaker-willed run off, though, screaming about wild gladiator escapees challenging their government's highest seats of power.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-03-04 at 05:56 PM.

- Myself

19. - Top - End - #49

Round Five

Rugo studies his nearest target for a moment, then runs forward for a quick strike, jamming his staff straight at the bee, hoping to make something squirt out.

I'll squish you...like a bug.

Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+4)[1][6](11) EDIT: Damage is 10 against Bee Two.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-05 at 12:45 AM.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Maria recoils from the attack that follows her flop, before seeing her attacker explode in a riot of fur and ghostly feathers. The kid did that? I guess she can defend herself better than I gave her credit for. Turning her attention to the remaining bees, she lunges for the next one, hoping to fare better than last time. The attack connects and cleaves a chunk out of her buzzing opposition.
    Round 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 17/23
    Instant: Move to bee 1 (Unless that was Rugo's target, then move to bee 2... the attack is against the bee I move towards)
    Standard: Attack the bee (mentioned above) (2d6+4)[5][1](10) hits for 14 damage before armor.
    Last edited by Lord Badguy; 2010-03-04 at 09:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

ElfMonkGuy

Round 5

"Let's get out of here while we still can. You go ahead, I can take the hits." As Sangiel finishes talking, he jumps at Bee Two, hammering his blade into the top of its body, in an attempt to cleave it in two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (2d6+5)[3][1](9)
    11 Damage before ARM.
    Last edited by Melamoto; 2010-03-05 at 11:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Default End Of Round Five.

Rugo's attack connects, and one of Bee Two's limbs does squirt a little ichor, but it's still flying. Maria, noting which Killer Bee Rugo went for before attacking, handily finishes off Bee One. Sangiel leaps at Bee Two, but the nasty thing dodges with a buzz of victory. It then hovers a bit less menacingly, as it starts to cast something.

Meanwhile, Avain sees Hock Eye and Bacherume, Boss Walden's lieutenants, waiting for him at the back of the crowd. Hock Eye, a squat (for a Galkan) Galkan Engineer who's looking plenty peeved at the escapee, raises a hand and commands, "Stop right there, slave! Put down your weapon, and you'll live to entertain, some other day!" Bacherume, an impressive Elvaan Fighter, grins as he fingers his sword eagerly. "Or you could keep trying. You won't get through us, and even if you do, all of the guards are waiting for you. Might wanna calm down."

Boss Walden, on the other side of the ring, sees that his underlings have things in hand, nods at them, then surveys the ring with a confident grin. Beyond the gates to the ring, the guards have hightailed into other positions. Grohm, though, has shown up at the gate that you originally came through, from which he gestures placatingly to stand down.

- Myself

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Avain isn't about to stop. He had few enough options, at the moment. Despite what the Galkan might say, he'd escaped the Arena. If they were smart, they'd kill him. That left him with few options. He could try running of course. Ditch those still in the Arena, and just flee. But that wasn't much of an option either.

They might not be Elvaan, but they did give me aid. I won't disgrace myself by failing to live up to my end.

After that, his option collapsed to just one.

"I don't think I'm ready to calm down yet. So if it is all the same to you..."

Avain leapt skyward, Dakath flying after him.

"...I think I'll take the other option."

Spoiler
    Show

Slow Action: Jump Ability, on Hock Eye.

24. - Top - End - #54

Round 6

I hope Avain can pull this off. In the mean time, I'll have to find an alternate escape route just in case... She looks at the surrounding gates, to see if there's any less defended then the others. She then looks to see if any trees are close enough to the hole for her to climb out and assist the Elvaan- Which, she noted, I should have thought of when I was making the hole.

Marrissa jogs over to the last killer bee at a leisurely pace, then leaps towards it at the last moment. She does a single, midair spin with her blade extended, and lands smoothly. She calmly rises off the ground, adjusting her hat with one hand while regarding the bee carefully.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move short distance to meet the Killer Bee, attack it with a sword swing. Attack roll in OOC

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    MP: 6/18

Items:
    Potion (25 HP)
    Ether (25 MP) x2
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-03-09 at 12:42 AM.

Homebrewer's signature.

25. - Top - End - #55

ElfMonkGuy

Round 6

Seeing himself and his allies trapped, Sangiel pauses to consider the situation. Risk the lives of his allies, or be forced back into the cells? For now, he would have to just keep on protecting them. He takes a quick step forward, swinging his blade straight up at Bee Two, to finish off the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (2d6+5)[1][3](9)
    11 Damage before ARM.
    Last edited by Melamoto; 2010-03-09 at 05:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Default Round Six, Still.

Bee Two wavers under Marrissa's attack but grimly continues casting (Huh. No Spellcraft, here. Lore (Monsters), I suppose). Sangiel tragically misses, with his swing.

Ah, and besides Hock Eye wincing and fumbling for a potion and Bacherume smirking and lazily bringing his sword up for use, the hive that Rugo struck with his staff falls back down after being hit through the net and eventually rolling back through the hole. It buzzes angrily where it bounces in front of Rugo.

- Myself

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Kailana peers at Bee Two. What is it doing...? That looks... almost familiar.

She rushes at the bee anyway, intent on skewering it before it does whatever it's trying to do!

Attacking Bee Two
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[2][5](7)
    10 acc, 9 damage.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-03-11 at 07:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lore (Monsters) roll that I messed up in my previous post
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+3)[11]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-03-11 at 07:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Default Round Six.

Kailana --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is casting Pollen on itself, frantically. Also, you hit it!

Also, she hit it! But Bee Two, being superly awesome, still flies.

- Myself

30. - Top - End - #60

That's it. Come on! I've fought more fearsome mud crabs than you!

Rugo rushes forward, his feet moving supernaturally fast (especially for one of his declining physical power). His trusty staff falls down toward Bee Two, hopefully crushing it into juice he can drink after.

Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+4)[5][2](11) 10 damage
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-17 at 11:54 PM.
    Homebrew