New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Demigod Base Class (3.5, WIP, PEACH)

Okay... thanks for the detailed review.

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    Divine Blast: A demigod may manifest a part of his divine power as a powerful blast of energy. This ability manifests in the form of something from the god’s cleric domains, be it water, fire, acid, or blades. This ability can do any form of energy or melee damage. A demigod can only use one type of blast, so they may not burn the opponent with fire then freeze him with ice. A demigod may apply his Wisdom modifier to the damage inflicted by this ability. The damage inflicted by this ability does 1d6 damage, plus 1d6 more damage every odd class level.
    This is kind of confusing. What is the range? When does the Demigod pick the damage type? Does he need to pick the type at creation and stick with it forever? The different energy types could be very unbalancing because sonic damage=/=fire damage. The "blades" thing is kind of vague. Does this kind of blast do slashing damage? Why can't they do clubs or spears in that case to do other types of damage?
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

It can do slashing, piercing, bludgeoning.

This ability can do any form of energy or melee damage
    But you are right.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    Divine Guidance: A demigod demonstrates innate skill on almost anything he does. A demigod adds his full ability score minus 10 to any skill check that he makes. So, a demigod with 18 Strength would add 8 to any skill check that uses your Strength modifier.
    I would also allow this to straight ability checks. It just needs to stay away from saves and attack bonuses. Also, note that this only applies to positive scores.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Death:
    Minor: A demigod gains the ability to bypass up to (class level x 2) points DR of undead, and may remove (class level x 2) points of damage from negative energy, and instead use it to heal themselves. However, positive energy Heals? 2d6 less hit points.
    Standard: By this point a demigod is capable of animating the dead, and can imbue them with extra power. A demigod may add up to (class level/4) HD to any undead they animate, but they take 1 point of nonlethal damage per HD added.
    Major: At this point, a demigod is so close to the power of death that if he is killed, he will reform in 4d8 days at a random location without divine intervention, as true resurrection. This ability may not be used more than twice a year. If this ability is used more than twice a year, then the demigod stays dead until the year is up, plus 6d8 days.
    This is a little confusing. What is the DR mentioned in Minor, is it Damage Reduction (as I assume), or something else? The wording could be better as well, since the way it is now is just confusing. Try something more like, "A demigod gains the ability to bypass undead DR up to twice their class level."

And as for the Negative energy stuff, it might be better to say, "when hit by negative energy negates an amount of the damage equal to twice their class level, and then gains an amount of hitpoints equal to twice class level or the original damage of the attack, whichever is lower." I'd also make the hitpoints temporary at least till Standard.

Does the Standard advantage apply only when the Demigod is creating undead in some other way? If so, that's a bit under powered. You should be providing a way to create undead, like the Warlock's invocation (can't remember the name).

The capstone for this seems a bit high. Basically, you can't be killed. I would say usable no more than once every six months, and if you die when you can't be resurrected, you stay dead.

Haven't looked at any of the others, but they may need review too. I think I'll give this entire class a full review sometime, it's a great idea, and I like it, so I'd like to help make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    This is a little confusing. What is the DR mentioned in Minor, is it Damage Reduction (as I assume), or something else? The wording could be better as well, since the way it is now is just confusing. Try something more like, "A demigod gains the ability to bypass undead DR up to twice their class level."

And as for the Negative energy stuff, it might be better to say, "when hit by negative energy negates an amount of the damage equal to twice their class level, and then gains an amount of hitpoints equal to twice class level or the original damage of the attack, whichever is lower." I'd also make the hitpoints temporary at least till Standard.

Does the Standard advantage apply only when the Demigod is creating undead in some other way? If so, that's a bit under powered. You should be providing a way to create undead, like the Warlock's invocation (can't remember the name).

The capstone for this seems a bit high. Basically, you can't be killed. I would say usable no more than once every six months, and if you die when you can't be resurrected, you stay dead.

Haven't looked at any of the others, but they may need review too. I think I'll give this entire class a full review sometime, it's a great idea, and I like it, so I'd like to help make it better.
    Thank you for the review. The replenishing health ability against undead is not really OP, because it is a singular advantage. Against a Tarrasque, for example, the Air abilities are useful, because you can fly. The Death class abilities are specialized enough that they don't really harm. Also, I believe that the lessened effects of positive energy more than make up for the ability to be healed by negative energy.
    Passing through DR, on the other hand, is my attempt at balancing an occurrence in the Percy Jackson series, which this class is based off of. I believe it is in the third book, when Bianca hits an invincible skeleton with a dagger and it bursts into flame. I view Bianca's ability to hurt the invincible skeleton as bypassing DR.