New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

So... vent frustration = OMNOMNOM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Lunar's gain limit when under the light of the full mood, so she might have been under a limit break. And for Lunars, they play off of their animal tendencies.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seems like a reasonable idea to me...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

I fail to see how this is unusual in any way (on the other hand, that might have been just my ex ). The fact that Marena can instantly get teeth sharp enough to rip your arm off, on the other hand, is a tad problematic .

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    I fail to see how this is unusual in any way (on the other hand, that might have been just my ex ). The fact that Marena can instantly get teeth sharp enough to rip your arm off, on the other hand, is a tad problematic .
    Eh, he's a Solar. He probably has a charm for making his skin as tough as steel plate.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Eh, he's a Solar. He probably has a charm for making his skin as tough as steel plate.
    He's an Exalt. It already is.

Exalts soak lethal damage with their stamina. Mortals do not. Ergo, Exalts have tougher skin than mortals.

Plus he probably has a couple of Ox-Body Techniques.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Firbolg in the Playground

None of which means it isn't still painful to be bitten.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    He's an Exalt. It already is.

Exalts soak lethal damage with their stamina. Mortals do not. Ergo, Exalts have tougher skin than mortals.

Plus he probably has a couple of Ox-Body Techniques.
    It's only leather by default. You have to stack on a Resistance Charm to get steel or better.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2010-05-15 at 01:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I just realized that the second-to-last panel has Misho giving himself Limit for what he did to Secret.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Hey, I just realized that the second-to-last panel has Misho giving himself Limit for what he did to Secret.
    Nope. Any Limit Event is outlined in black border. As per this strip
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

I said he was gaining limit, not that he was having an actual Limit Break. An innocent (Secret) is suffering and he cannot relieve said suffering.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Wouldn't he be gaining Limit either right before or during his "stern teacher" act, as opposed to afterward?

Also, this sort of situation is exactly why Misho should look into Cosmic Transcendence of (Virtue). No more Compassion checks over the little things, like emotional abuse.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
    Wouldn't he be gaining Limit either right before or during his "stern teacher" act, as opposed to afterward?

Also, this sort of situation is exactly why Misho should look into Cosmic Transcendence of (Virtue). No more Compassion checks over the little things, like emotional abuse.
    He would still have his Limit Break Condition though so he would still gain limit from this experience.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Dwarf in the Playground

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for saving us the effort . BTW, I'm not familiar with setting lore - I presume Secret was born to her father's mistress, how are extramarital affairs treated in the region?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2010-05-17 at 02:48 AM.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eco-Mono View Post
    See reference to a previous panel =_=
    Look at the forum to see if someone found the page ?_?
    See this !_!
    YEAH ! *_*
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Thnx Eco.

Well, this is certanly interesting.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

18. - Top - End - #858

Oh. Well, I guess Secret's dislike of homewreckers makes even more sense now. Although it'll be interesting to see if her mother was the seducer, the seduced, or some other relationship.

If the seducer, and Secret born out of wedlock, then Marena and Secret's mother-daughter-esque relationship takes on a new angle.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Her relationship with her father seems quite good, I doubt she'd feel that way if her father had seduced her mother and left her. It is possible, but not too likely.

Judging by the circular ornament, the one in panel 35 her father - it's kinda hard to tell with stick figures, but the lack of a skirt would indicate a male. If he didn't raise her, then at least he was quite close to her imo.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2010-05-17 at 08:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    Her relationship with her father seems quite good, I doubt she'd feel that way if her father had seduced her mother and left her. It is possible, but not too likely.

Judging by the circular ornament, the one in panel 35 her father - it's kinda hard to tell with stick figures, but the lack of a skirt would indicate a male. I presume that means he raised her.
    Well, it's a male body shape, and it's wearing her father's necklace, so I'd assume so.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

I presume it's a personal necklace and not a social status thingy, so yeah. I suppose it would probably indicate he raised her, though why (and how) he'd do that and not recognize her as his child is a little weird.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    I presume it's a personal necklace and not a social status thingy, so yeah. I suppose it would probably indicate he raised her, though why (and how) he'd do that and not recognize her as his child is a little weird.
    Maybe in whatever society they lived in, you aren't officially someone's child if born out of wedlock.

Creation is a big place. All sorts of wacky heritage laws probably exist.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

23. - Top - End - #863

Her mother may have been one of his servants, so Secret got to spend time with her father, but was never recognized as his daughter. Maybe he had a son born shortly after her, and wanted to recognize him more than his slightly older daughter.

Maybe he divorced Secret's mom to marry the homewrecker and then secret got born out of wedlock 6 months later.

Maybe Secret's mom is some form of Godblooded, so the prenancy took longer than normal, so nobody believed her that the child was her ex-husband's because it was 13 months after he divorced her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by RedScholarGypsy View Post
    Nope. Any Limit Event is outlined in black border. As per this strip
    Wow, I never noticed that before, any other events besides Misho's Limit Break in the fire?
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Wow, I never noticed that before, any other events besides Misho's Limit Break in the fire?
    There's also this, where Nemem Yi gains Limit as a Sidereal always does(yay arrogance!) Otherwise, nothing off the top of my head.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

As I understood it, the black frames comes when the Exalts threatens to Limit Break, not simply when Limit is gained.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by RedScholarGypsy View Post
    There's also this, where Nemem Yi gains Limit as a Sidereal always does(yay arrogance!) Otherwise, nothing off the top of my head.
    Sorry if I'm being dense, but where's the black border in this one?
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

28. - Top - End - #868

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    Sorry if I'm being dense, but where's the black border in this one?
    Panel 8.

She might be Limit Breaking there, and suddenly deciding to change plans, though her bit at the end of the chapter implies that she intended to do that all along.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

29. - Top - End - #869

I think her plan was along the lines of "grab blade if they seem too weak to guard it; let them keep it if they prove to be strong enough to defend it". Either outcome was "just as planned".
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A black frame border indicates that the character's actions are being driven by the curse - in game terms, it can (and often does) mean that they've done something that is mainly intended to manage limit.

Here, Misho might have gained limit, but the Curse isn't driving his actions - it's merely in the background. As a result, there's no border.

For the same reason, there was no border when Ten dropped a dead body on him.
    Last edited by lesser_minion; 2010-05-18 at 12:07 PM.