New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Errion N. View Post
    I have a theory on this actually: the First and Forsaken Lion 'threw the fight' so to speak. he only sent two of his abyssal out of ONE of his circles. (the first and forsaken lion, probably has two circles, the other one just isn't in the comic yet.)
    I stopped right there. Falafel is lucky to have 5 Abyssals, I doubt highly that he has more than that. Remember: Falafel has a very, very, very small fraction of his armies on hand. There are 100 Abyssals and 15 Deathlords. Assuming all 100 have not jumped ship and they're divided evenly then that's 6 per Deathlord with 10 left over. So even if Falafel was given the lion's share of 16, he'd be unable to access the other 10 due to his exiled status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerthanis View Post
    Honestly, the Deathlord names that exist are friggin' stupid for the most part. Dowager of Irreverant Vulgate in Unrent Veils? WTF does that even mean? First and Forsaken Lion? He's the first lion, the was forsaken? Princess Magnificent? (Sounds like a character from... friggin Rainbow Bright)
    Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers. Yes, that is her 'name'.

As for Dowager: She's the Widow of an early bible hidden by veils. First Lion implies 'greatest', forsaken means he is 'evil', ergo he is the greatest champion of evil.

The Deathlords names make much more sense when you stop thinking of them as names and instead think of them as titles. They surrendered their name, be it existent and remembered or not, to Oblivion. Now, to be known, they assume a title representative of who they are. FaFL was the greatest of Solar warriors, unbeatable in single combat and invincible in the realm of armed warfare. He is the Lion, a majestic King if you will, who rules over all he sees. He is also the First of the Deathlords, and willingly forsook his name in favor of his lordship of the damned. Hence, First and Forsaken Lion.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-03-20 at 07:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I stopped right there. Falafel is lucky to have 5 Abyssals, I doubt highly that he has more than that. Remember: Falafel has a very, very, very small fraction of his armies on hand. There are 100 Abyssals and 15 Deathlords. Assuming all 100 have not jumped ship and they're divided evenly then that's 6 per Deathlord with 10 left over. So even if Falafel was given the lion's share of 16, he'd be unable to access the other 10 due to his exiled status.
    There are 13 Deathlords and Princess Magnificent doesn't have any Abyssals, so there are 100 Black Exaltations divided among 12 Deathlords. And while the Lion is stuck in the middle of nowhere, his Abyssals can still act for him.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    There are 13 Deathlords and Princess Magnificent doesn't have any Abyssals, so there are 100 Black Exaltations divided among 12 Deathlords. And while the Lion is stuck in the middle of nowhere, his Abyssals can still act for him.
    The Princess has one secret Abyssal, iirc...

So that's 99 among 12 - 8 per Deathlord with 3 left over. Considering the apparently-lowered-seriousness of Resonance in this world, I'd assume a few more renegades than just Secret and Prince.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    None the less, it'd be silly to assume he has more than the five we've seen at his beck and call. After all, he has a massive army and estate elsewhere that needs to be managed.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

FaFL is the coolest character we've met yet, IMO, villain or otherwise. Artwork + text font = ridiculous aura of bad###, and somehow more effective for showing how over-the-top awesome Exalted is than any of the crazy fight scenes so far.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers. Yes, that is her 'name'.
    Still sounds like an 8 year old came up with it.

The Deathlords names make much more sense when you stop thinking of them as names and instead think of them as titles. They surrendered their name, be it existent and remembered or not, to Oblivion. Now, to be known, they assume a title representative of who they are. FaFL was the greatest of Solar warriors, unbeatable in single combat and invincible in the realm of armed warfare. He is the Lion, a majestic King if you will, who rules over all he sees. He is also the First of the Deathlords, and willingly forsook his name in favor of his lordship of the damned. Hence, First and Forsaken Lion.
    Well, okay, they're silly sounding titles instead of silly sounding names.

Now, the Deathlords are my very favorite villains, I'm just protesting the distinction of hating the name "Falafel" while accepting the name "First and Forsaken Lion"... that they're both at least equally silly while "Falafel" is fewer characters and refer to the same awesome dude.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    There are 3 spikes. All you have to do is agree there are 3 spikes. How many spikes do you see?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

The other two spikes are temporarily absent because they went on a pizza run. They'll be back as soon as they find ten fresh deep-pan chicken/pepperoni without olives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    The other two spikes are temporarily absent because they went on a pizza run. They'll be back as soon as they find ten fresh deep-pan chicken/pepperoni without olives.
    Or, you know. The guy felt like wearing a different helmet today than on the other day.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Or, you know. The guy felt like wearing a different helmet today than on the other day.
    He can't change helmets. That's like, his thing.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    That armor? That armor is bolted onto his incorporeal flesh. He doesn't change helmets. He doesn't even change his ghostly underwear.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

I feel sorry for him. No action in 5000+ years.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Being, you know, dead probably contributes quite a bit to that.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering the existence of Ghostblooded, it doesn't appear to be as much of a problem as you might think.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Considering the existence of Ghostblooded, it doesn't appear to be as much of a problem as you might think.
    Ghost-blooded is not quite what you think it means.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do you think he wants the Keys? He wants to get out of his armor and make out with the Black Heron.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

That armor? That armor is bolted onto his incorporeal flesh. He doesn't change helmets. He doesn't even change his ghostly underwear.
    And you've never used a full on smithy's resources for painful, dangerous cosmetic surgery?

C'mon, guys. This is exalted. Time to step it up.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Personally I just like to call the Deathlord in question "the Lion." It solidly identifies him (at least in context,) is fairly short, and is a bit more dignified than Falafel (and MUCH more dignified than "Faffles.")
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Why do you think he wants the Keys? He wants to get out of his armor and make out with the Black Heron.
    Somehow, I think that this is one of the major reasons that he wants the Keys.

That or to release the Neverborn from their fetters so he can rule over the Underworld without He Who Holds in Thrall breathing down his neck.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    This is why her assignment is a punishment to the Lion. Of all the Deathlords, he's the only one that doesn't even have the option of taking advantage of having an avatar of unearthly beauty waltzing half-naked around his fortress bound to serve his whims.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    This is why her assignment is a punishment to the Lion. Of all the Deathlords, he's the only one that doesn't even have the option of taking advantage of having an avatar of unearthly beauty waltzing half-naked around his fortress bound to serve his whims.
    Being unable to remove his armor would make the inevitable Slap Slap Kiss moment all the more hilariously painful for everyone involved. Which is probably why He Who Holds In Thrall did it.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Being unable to remove his armor would make the inevitable Slap Slap Kiss moment all the more hilariously painful for everyone involved. Which is probably why He Who Holds In Thrall did it.
    I think a good way to deal with the Neverborns is to hitch FaFL and PM and ally with them against their Dark Masters. MoEP:A said Deathlords are all evil - in my point of view evil = selfish. You just have to make them a better offer (Fixing someone sealed in an armour isn't something a twilight can't do.)
    Last edited by Xelloss; 2010-03-22 at 02:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Fury. She's just so Chipper.

(also, I like the Bro fist bump).
    However superb fighters they may be, they've no biological history or traditions to draw from. Thus "Look-It's a Monkey" works every time.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, um, he seems to have the ghost of the original Misho Thrice-Radiant.

Ouch.

-Thayus

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I like how the recent fanart of Nova showing off her name getting into the MoEP: Alchemicals book misspells "canon"

No real comment on the strip itself, new plot point. Enigmatic, but it's got a name and hints to its function. That's more than Karen got before 50+ comics about the search for her. (Some day I promise to stop harping on that, I swear... from a low essence Eclipse)
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

...Do all Day Caste run on adorable nervousness?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thayus View Post
    So, um, he seems to have the ghost of the original Misho Thrice-Radiant.
    What make you think that ? Looks more like an "holographic" representation of Misho...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Flame's shoulder is being consumed by skullboobies.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Flame's shoulder is being consumed by skullboobies.
    Skullboobies! Skullboobies!
    That Flame is hard to get!
    Skullboobies! Skullboobies!
    But she will win him yet!

I couldn't resist.