New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post

You've got me when it comes to May Blossom, though. Winter and summer might exist in the setting, but the Gregorian months? Not so much.
    Because Might Blossom, Could Blossom and Will Possibly Blossom don't really sound that good. Just a guess.
    Truth resists simplicity.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

You should meet the sisters, Contain Blossom and Nuts Blossom.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

wink Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    You should meet the sisters, Contain Blossom and Nuts Blossom.
    I thought the sisters were May Bubbles and May Buttercup.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    You've got me when it comes to May Blossom, though. Winter and summer might exist in the setting, but the Gregorian months? Not so much.
    When she was born, there where complications and at the time it was not certain whether she would live long enough to grow up and become a beautiful woman. Hence her name: a slightly shortened form of "May Or May Not Blossom".

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

'May' is actually another name for hawthorn.

The word is derived from the name of a Greek goddess, so it's not exactly too much of a stretch to assume that some famous Exalt or other supernatural had a similar-sounding name.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    Now I want to play a martial artist Day Caste that wields a shield. And points out the obvious. Obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    'May' is actually another name for hawthorn.

The word is derived from the name of a Greek goddess, so it's not exactly too much of a stretch to assume that some famous Exalt or other supernatural had a similar-sounding name.
    That's a good answer. It also explains something I'd been wondering for a while: why I have the plant in my garden that is called "Cape May" yet flowers in February.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Pixie in the Playground

So Secret was good at hiding before her exaltation.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiko View Post
    So Secret was good at hiding before her exaltation.
    Presumably such is why she was selected to be the ultimate spy. She is day caste, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I think she'd probably have spent less time on combat and more time on social abilities if she was intended as the ultimate spy.

11. - Top - End - #941

Pretty sure Racer is much closer to the Ultimate Spy archetype anyway. He just needs to dress more sharply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

12. - Top - End - #942
    Bugbear in the Playground

Assassin/Ninja rather than Spy, methinks. Difference between James Bond and Solid Snake. That said, if some way to remotely see through her eyes/access her memories/send her berserk was developed by the Silver Prince (who's the exact sort of bastard to do so), then she could be quite useful as a spy precisely because of her lack of guile. Hell, she's already been passed around all the other Deathlords, and is currently travelling with a very interesting Exalted Circle. Who would suspect?

On tenterhooks, here, Jukashi. And then what happened?
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-05-28 at 09:20 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Btw, it's not the most recent comic, but if Abyssal exalts lose their name, what happens when someone says it to them?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    Btw, it's not the most recent comic, but if Abyssal exalts lose their name, what happens when someone says it to them?
    They gain resonance.

15. - Top - End - #945

Well, technically they gain Resonance if they acknowledge the name as theirs. Just calling them by their old name does nothing unless they answer to it. </nitpick>
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

If they respond to their old name, or speak it themselves, they attract the wrath of the Neverborn (meaning they gain Resonance). Aliases are generally exempt, allowing Abyssals to create false identities for themselves, but I seem to recall reading that an Abyssal who gets emotionally attached to a false name risks being punished in the same way.

See here.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Assassin/Ninja rather than Spy, methinks. Difference between James Bond and Solid Snake. That said, if some way to remotely see through her eyes/access her memories/send her berserk was developed by the Silver Prince (who's the exact sort of bastard to do so), then she could be quite useful as a spy precisely because of her lack of guile. Hell, she's already been passed around all the other Deathlords, and is currently travelling with a very interesting Exalted Circle. Who would suspect?
    Yeah, he can do that. He can cast spells and use charms on her Monstrance and it affects her, no matter where she is.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #948

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    Yeah, he can do that. He can cast spells and use charms on her Monstrance and it affects her, no matter where she is.
    Oh, I know that. I just wasn't sure if there were spells that would allow him to access her memories/see what she sees, etc, without her being aware of it. Probably are, this being Exalted and he being a Deathlord, but still.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

There certainly are, but Secret may or may not have Integrity Charms that let her shut down attempts at mental influence. They're not that hard to have.

That's actually part of why Solars and Abyssals are so powerful; they tend to have very basic and easy to qualify Charms that shut down very broad ranges of hostile effects. For instance, they have an anti-Shaping Charm that requires only an Integrity score of 1 and no prerequisites, and it perfectly negates all shaping effects for an entire day.

20. - Top - End - #950

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
    There certainly are, but Secret may or may not have Integrity Charms that let her shut down attempts at mental influence. They're not that hard to have.
    Well, she did buy an awful lot of Dodge Charms...

A little OT, but I've been reading up on some Performance Charms (courtesy of this discussion over in Gaming), and I'm shocked we've yet to see Ben use Haunting Apparition Trick and/or Withering Phantasmagoria.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

That is indeed an awesome charm that I'm sure he has. Maybe he just hasn't deemed it appropriate yet? After all, it's much more efficient as a "kill loads of extras" charm.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

22. - Top - End - #952

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    That is indeed an awesome charm that I'm sure he has. Maybe he just hasn't deemed it appropriate yet? After all, it's much more efficient as a "kill loads of extras" charm.
    True. The minions were doing all the heavy lifting in that department the last time he showed up, and I suppose he's not really had much call to use it otherwise. Just seemed a little sad.

EDIT: ON EFFIN TENTERHOOKS
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-05-31 at 02:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #953

It is done. Lo, and all that.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

By the way the placeholder is stretched, I can tell this page is gonna be tall.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

25. - Top - End - #955

... You best refresh that there page, I reckon.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Whenever I see Secret, I want to give her a hug and tell her everything is going to be okay.

This backstory is not helping.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

This just makes me want to see her interaction with Rouen's ghost even more.

Why is Rouen actively covering his eye in the 7th panel? Is he crying? Or is he savvy enough to know we are watching?

The last panel is great. I hope the flashback doesn't end here, however. Marena got a power rush, Karen seemed to not really notice due to her determination. I'm very eager to see how Secret reacts to her new power.

We've seen Marena, Karen and Secret Exalt so far. Will there be any chance of seeing Ten's and Misho's moments? I do hope so.

Notice how she lost the gleam in her eyes in the last panel? The spark of life, snuffed. Nice touch. I love the whole dock scene at the end, but I think it's a little forced for Secret, even in her state at the time, to casually agree to dooming the world. I understand the page was long enough as it was, and that it should end in Exaltation, but I feel it would have benefited from some further exploration. Maybe Marena will ask her about it when she's finished telling the story?

Great work, Jukashi!
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

28. - Top - End - #958

Panel 8 is far too cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

...damm you, Jukashi. That's one of the saddest things I've ever read in a webcomic.

Good writing. And it gives people an idea of exactly why someone who's not a bad person would accept the Black Exaltation.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #960
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice !
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :