New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

I don't know... I'd had expected the Lion to use their full names when adressing them. But then again, I suppose even he might not have patience for that (or the page space :P). At least he didn't use Ben for Ben.

That said, these guys are already starting to grow on me ^^ I am looking forward to seeing what Fury and Sights will contribure to their side. Other than increased firepower, of course, for which I am a little worried. Flame's planning has already brought them close to losing, saved only by the Sidereal bell. I wonder what he can orchestrate with increased muscle?

On the whole, I really like the villains in this comic!

Oh, yeah, and Sword of Vitality. I guess the Thrice-Radiant needed some weapon before he forged the Key.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2010-03-22 at 06:12 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Oh, yeah, and Sword of Vitality. I guess the Thrice-Radiant needed some weapon before he forged the Key.
    Didn't he forge the Key from his original weapon, though? So this other weapon is just something he had, not something he had to have.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems that was the case.

I guess a master crafter would have a bit of an armoury. I'm starting to think that sword may not be primarily for fighting, but something related to his Medicine skills, provided that he chose to dual-weild those other daiklaves in the fight against the God of Locks.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    That said, these guys are already starting to grow on me ^^ I am looking forward to seeing what Fury and Sights will contribure to their side. Other than increased firepower, of course, for which I am a little worried.
    They're contributing gender parity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    So, if the Deathlords are crazy? It's all them. Nothing forced them to do what they did.
    Hmm. I can't decide if that's more or less interesting than what I was thinking.

So!

-Flame's not nearly so outnumbered anymore.
    -As it turns out, Misho being a smith means he made more than one set of weapons for himself since the First Age. Go figure.
    -Might the aforementioned Sword of Vitality have to do with why Misho looks so uncannily like his First Age exalation?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a theory that the Solars doing crazy stuff at the end of the High First Age wasn't entirely due to the Great Curse. Solars are required to have a Motivation to achieve something near impossible. This is great when you need Creation saved or the rulers of the world cast down, but it turns into a liability once they've established a magitech utopia across the map. In the waning days of the Solar Deliberative, everything was easy. You want to conquer the Wyld? Here's a contingent of Dragonblooded and a dozen reality generators, have fun. You want to rule a nation? All part of being a god-king. You want to fight legendary battles? You might find the odd behemoth or whatnot, but good luck getting in a swing with all the other invincible Exalts looking for a fight.

As a result, later Solars had to choose something overambitious or unseemly just to find a Motivation that couldn't be solved by the limitless power available to them.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    Might the aforementioned Sword of Vitality have to do with why Misho looks so uncannily like his First Age exalation?
    Everytime I think about Misho perfectly remembering First Age but nothing about his life before his Second Breath, I can't help but remember what I heard about a old PC (related IIRC to a freelancer, don't remember if as a player or as a ST) that developed a spell/artifact that perfectly recorded his memories in his Exaltation Shard, allowing it when taking a new host to burn his soul and replace it with the previous personality.
    The fact the two Misho look alike can be justified by Misho having kept his previous taste in hair-do and clothes
    Last edited by Xelloss; 2010-03-22 at 08:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jerthanis View Post
    I like how the recent fanart of Nova showing off her name getting into the MoEP: Alchemicals book misspells "canon"
    It got into the Alchemicals manual? I might have overlooked it, then, in my haste to absorb all the stuff from Core and Lunars and Alchemicals quickly. A pity - it would have been a serious WTF moment. Does anyone have the number page, just out of curiosity?

As for the current comic - I'm with Weimann. Flame, Ben, and a few special dead dudes playing the band came dangerously close to winning already. With this further muscle, if Misho finds himself ever again in a vulnerable situation again, he's deader than a doornail. The stakes are raising by the second, it seems.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2010-03-22 at 08:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    What make you think that ? Looks more like an "holographic" representation of Misho...
    Because it makes sense for an OCD self-guilt-tripper. Misho goes catatonic when someone else murders nearby, so how many people do you think he failed to 'save'? Doubtlessly that's left a big mark on him, and probably fuels a fetter or two.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Flame's expression in the third panel killed me. Fury's in the fifth panel had a similar effect.

As for the Blade of Vitality... hm. It makes sense that he would have a weapon besides the Keyblade Key of the Sun, but I wonder why we haven't seen it thus far... hm~
    At dusk, I will think of you...

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Because it makes sense for an OCD self-guilt-tripper. Misho goes catatonic when someone else murders nearby, so how many people do you think he failed to 'save'? Doubtlessly that's left a big mark on him, and probably fuels a fetter or two.
    Except Misho Thrice-Radiant's ghost would have been the stock of Deathlords themselves. We have no reason to believe a ghost of such power would have been captured by anything - to our knowledge, these souls either passed on for reincarnation, or they became Deathlords themselves.

Though, if we see a Deathlord running around called Thrice-Damned or somesuch, we'll know what happened with Misho's spirit.
    Last edited by Indon; 2010-03-22 at 08:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Allan A. Aokage View Post
    Flame's expression in the third panel killed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    You, sir, just won this thread

Yeah, Flame always looks extremely deadpan when Fury is near him... I wonder why?
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-03-22 at 10:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Ah you fools. You poor blind fools.
    1. Dual-wielding swords in Exalted = awesome.
    2. Misho = awesome.
    3. Thrice Radiant Misho dual wielded in his previous incarnation.
    4. He bound the soul of the God of Keys in 1 of his swords.
    5. He has a second sword.
    6. FaFL mentions he has a sword named the sword of vitality.
    7. The Key is named Radiant Dawn.
    Therefore, his other sword is the Sword of Vitality.
    Thank you and good night.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    You aren't helping me not laugh D:

@Jokasti: It could be a different sword, since the sword he made Radiant Dawn from is nigh-identical to his other sword.
    At dusk, I will think of you...

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

I belive both of Misho's swords were used to make the key he currently hold, and that he made an additional key from the weapons of the other Exalted who killed the GoL with him.

In that case it would make more sense that the Sword of Vitality was made from the weapon of that dragonbloodet who was present.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I belive both of Misho's swords were used to make the key he currently hold, and that he made an additional key from the weapons of the other Exalted who killed the GoL with him.

In that case it would make more sense that the Sword of Vitality was made from the weapon of that dragonbloodet who was present.
    Um no. He made a key of every magical material save Soulsteel: The Terrestrial's weapon was forged into the Jade Key, The Lunar's into the Moonsilver Key, The Sidereal's into the Starmetal Key, and His own weapon(s) into the Orichalcum Key.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    Except Misho Thrice-Radiant's ghost would have been the stock of Deathlords themselves. We have no reason to believe a ghost of such power would have been captured by anything - to our knowledge, these souls either passed on for reincarnation, or they became Deathlords themselves.
    We can, however, observe that Thrice-Radiant is a Good person. Not good, but objectively non-evil. With this in mind, we can assume he did not become a Deathlord. Further, the creation of ghosts requires a ghost to have fetters(for example, Thrice-Radiant's inability to save the near-countless dead during the Usurpation). These fetters, combined with the knowledge that a ghost seeing it's own fetters and passing onto Lethe willing is very rare, suggest that Thrice-Radiant would not remain a ghost. Not a Deathlord, but also unwilling to absolve himself of crimes he's committed.

I feel it's entirely possible for Thrice-Radiant's mortal ghost to be in the Underworld.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

So... Nobody else thought of the Lion knowing the Haunting Apparation Trick to provide visual aids in briefings and debriefings? He is a deathlord.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    So... Nobody else thought of the Lion knowing the Haunting Apparation Trick to provide visual aids in briefings and debriefings? He is a deathlord.
    Well, I guess that is parlor trick compared to his real powers... I wonder how good he is in combat. Good enough surely to best any of his underlings, but good enough to best them all at same time?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Well, I guess that is parlor trick compared to his real powers... I wonder how good he is in combat. Good enough surely to best any of his underlings, but good enough to best them all at same time?
    Considering that 2/3rds of them would be neutralized by Resonance by taking up arms against him, it'd be more of a matter of whether he could handle Sound and Fury on his own. Between what we've seen of Ben and knowing the Lion can inspire restraint in Fury, I imagine the battle would be soundly in his favor.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering that 2/3rds of them would be neutralized by Resonance by taking up arms against him, it'd be more of a matter of whether he could handle Sound and Fury on his own. Between what we've seen of Ben and knowing the Lion can inspire restraint in Fury, I imagine the battle would be soundly in his favor.
    Actually if the comic is using the Errata and Flame has a positive intimacy for Fury(to early to say for sure whether or not this is the case) he could join in too without worrying about Resonance, not that that would even the odds.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Actually if the comic is using the Errata and Flame has a positive intimacy for Fury(to early to say for sure whether or not this is the case) he could join in too without worrying about Resonance, not that that would even the odds.
    It isn't too early. He doesn't.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Um no. He made a key of every magical material save Soulsteel: The Terrestrial's weapon was forged into the Jade Key, The Lunar's into the Moonsilver Key, The Sidereal's into the Starmetal Key, and His own weapon(s) into the Orichalcum Key.
    This. The soulsteel one was forged from all the souls of the people descended from the three that viewed the GoL's death.

25. - Top - End - #115

Or he doesn't like PDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    This. The soulsteel one was forged from all the souls of the people descended from the three that viewed the GoL's death.
    Not exactly - I think it was forged from the souls of those three people, taken out of the cycle of reincarnation.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

You're opinion, I have seen nothing that conclusively proves to me he doesn't; heck I haven't even seen anything that suggests it strongly. I also feel the fact he kept her from mouthing off to Princess Magnificent shows he doesn't have a negative one otherwise he just would have let her reap what she would have sown. We have seen that he isn't comfortable with her overt displays of affection but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, there are lots of people who don't like public displays of affection.

Edit: ninja'd
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2010-03-22 at 01:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

He clearly has Appearance 0, for all we know it's rotted off. Permanent Corpse Needs No Food should handle the complications that that makes...

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

He clearly has Appearance 0, for all we know it's rotted off. Permanent Corpse Needs No Food should handle the complications that that makes...
    Your point?

29. - Top - End - #119

He's a mummy and she's a lycanthrope. I don't think anyone was assuming their affections were necessarily tied to standard modes of expression.

(Out of curiosity, is there anything to indicate that an Abyssal's lowered appearance would involve loss of function in any organ? I would have assumed that that would need to be represented separately via flaws or charms, with the corollary that it doesn't happen by default.)

30. - Top - End - #120

What would happen to flame if he attained redemption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.