New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    So you get BP for bluffing in a card game? Yeah, I could see how that would be broken.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Banned

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    So you get BP for bluffing in a card game? Yeah, I could see how that would be broken.
    No, I, you... blah.
    >>>PRINCESS BRIDE<<<

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

And the Ward Flaw basically means enemies have a method to get to you.

I take the flaw quite often, just because I love the image of a Lawgiver being followed around by his/her daughter/son.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    And the Ward Flaw basically means enemies have a method to get to you.

I take the flaw quite often, just because I love the image of a Lawgiver being followed around by his/her daughter/son.

Such ideas.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    However, it can be hard to come up with the idea. For example, there's a flaw in Scroll of Heroes that involves dragging your child or some other ward around, as well as a Marrige benefit. Those are hard to come up with.
    This was pretty much my reasoning, yeah. My players aren't bad at roleplaying their concepts at all, but are rather horrible at coming up with them, you see. These kinds of things sounded like the kind of stuff that could suggest new possibilities to them.

But anyway, seeing the opinions in this thread, I just ignored the Scroll of Heroes and got myself the pdfs for the two first Books of Sorcery. The Black Treatise part is going to be a real bitch to print . Thanks for the opinions.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2010-03-23 at 06:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    My players aren't bad at roleplaying their concepts at all, but are rather horrible at coming up with them, you see.
    This might help. It's only a list, but you can gather what each one does based on it's name.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    (Out of curiosity, is there anything to indicate that an Abyssal's lowered appearance would involve loss of function in any organ? I would have assumed that that would need to be represented separately via flaws or charms, with the corollary that it doesn't happen by default.)
    It's assumed not. An Abyssal who eventually turns into a skeleton lich thing can still see, hear and smell, and without the right Charm they still need to eat (though you can take Merits and Flaws to represent these). Exaltation is supposed to be an improvement, turning a human into a divine supersoldier; it's assumed to never really impede anyone in that duty, its a sort of rule, so no loss of physical capabilities. Even the low Appearance serves a purpose (the Neverborn's) in making the Abyssal very scary. It's the same reason that Exaltation is supposed to avoid people who are already crippled in some way.

In any case, though, there are ways to get around that sort of thing. Can you say... custom Lunar Charms?

As to Merits and Flaws: I like them myself, but I haven't been an ST for years.

And on the subject of the Blade of Vitality: it has never been seen or mentioned before - in the comic.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Ah google, our friend:

Edit: Just read, and my jaw dropped. This will be fun.
    Last edited by RedScholarGypsy; 2010-03-23 at 02:02 PM.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RedScholarGypsy View Post
    Ah google, our friend:

Edit: Just read, and my jaw dropped. This will be fun.
    I agree this will be fun.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

Has Jukashi perchance read BONE? the world mother dragon who was also an ouroborus was named Mim.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Has Jukashi perchance read BONE? the world mother dragon who was also an ouroborus was named Mim.
    And also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

12. - Top - End - #162

Don't spread it around, please! I want people to find it on their own, if they can. Just as an extra little bonus thing they can feel good about. ;D

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowing that Sights has an excuse if they fail is enough.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

So... I'm guessing Misho forged both his swords into the one Eternal Dawn.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

So...
    Ten Winds is Chejop Kejack, and joined up because he believes Misho will lead him to Mim. After all, he will soon die of old age, and most of the bronze faction are franticly searching for some way to give him more time.
    It all makes sense.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-03-23 at 10:32 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Ten Winds is Chejop Kejack, and joined up because he believes Misho will lead him to Mim. After all, he will soon die of old age, and most of the bronze faction are franticly searching for some way to give him more time.
    Uh. Actually it's canon that the bronze did find a way to give him more time - a hearthstone that makes you unaging - but he turned it down.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Uh. Actually it's canon that the bronze did find a way to give him more time - a hearthstone that makes you unaging - but he turned it down.
    Wow. That's amazing. Jukashi sincerely shooting down a Ten Winds theory.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah.
    Wow, apparently it's even more unlikely then Ten Winds is six squirels in a robe and headress with a ring of levitation.
    I feel stupid now.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-03-23 at 10:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought I remembered reading in one of the splatbooks that said Sidereals can't benefit from any kind of life extension. Seems like a bit of a faux pas, what with the Maiden of Endings being their boss.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Yeah.
    Wow, apparently it's more unlikely then Ten Winds is six squirels in a robe and headress.
    I feel stupid now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    ...Actually. If you note what Jukashi said, he's only shooting down the possibility that Carjack is looking for the sword to continue living.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
    I thought I remembered reading in one of the splatbooks that said Sidereals can't benefit from any kind of life extension. Seems like a bit of a faux pas, what with the Maiden of Endings being their boss.
    It's not that they can't benefit, exactly, but that those benefits don't do anything for a Sidereal. Every Sidereal has a moment he is fated to die, somewhere in the future and usually around 4000 years from his Exaltation. How they die is up to circumstances, but it happens. This is because Sidereal Exaltations have a person fated to receive them and that person is supposed to Exalt at a predetermined moment. Sidereals can find out who their replacement is and meet them, if they want. The Exaltation has to be available before the replacement Exalts, so a Sidereal obviously must die before then.

Sidereals can die of old age, and they max out at 5000 years, but it is a rare Sidereal that makes it there.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2010-03-23 at 11:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Jukashi is Jossing a theory at all. That is amazing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #173

I was just pointing out something that's in the books! That's all! Not trying to distract you or anything.
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-03-24 at 08:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

I was just pointing out something that's in the books! That's all! Not trying to distract you or anything.
    Oh well if that's the case. So, Ten Winds is the Ebon Dragon in the form of the Scarlet Empress, who is masquerading as six squirrels.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

On that note, I really like how the comic's plot interweaves with the story of that weapon.

Edit: Also, I got to learn why Misho earned his moniker. Solar cheese, indeed.

Edit again: And it occurs to me that Misho still even thinks of himself as the Thrice-Radiant (also awesome reference there), even if he doesn't introduce himself as such or anything. We know he retains two of his 'radiances' and Marena hints that he's still got the third.
    Last edited by Indon; 2010-03-24 at 10:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

What Charm is used to create the desk in the first comic?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

What Charm is used to create the desk in the first comic?
    Glorious Solar [Desk], obviously. Since it appears to be a shaping effect, it is either Lore or Occult.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm, I've another JBM question about Exalted- the Neverborn are trying to send Creation to oblivion, whereas the Fae are trying to return it to formless Wyld.

So, are the Neverborn trying to destroy the Wyld as well? If not, why don't they join forces with the Fae?

Also, since the outer elemental poles are an infinite distance away, how does this square with the reachable edges of creation being assailed by Wyld?
    Last edited by Doran; 2010-03-24 at 11:42 AM.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Hmm, I've another JBM question about Exalted- the Neverborn are trying to send Creation to oblivion, whereas the Fae are trying to return it to formless Wyld.

So, are the Neverborn trying to destroy the Wyld as well? If not, why don't they join forces with the Fae?
    There are two reasons 1 The Neverborn still hate the Fae and all they stand for. 2 When the world is devoured by Oblivion the Void will be an area of perfect stasis within the Wyld and unlike creation it can't be unwoven. 3(I know I said two but meh) Most Fair Folk who enter Creation don't want it destroyed they just pretend to because that makes them more interesting antagonists. It's only really the Unshaped who want Creation gone. Also the Fair Folk invasion that led to the Scarlet Empress taking the throne was spurred on by the First and Forsaken Lion(and another Deathlord whose name escapes me at the moment.

Also, since the outer elemental poles are an infinite distance away, how does this square with the reachable edges of creation being assailed by Wyld?
    Not quite sure what you mean here.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

I think, and I could be wrong, but the Neverborn want everything to be subsumed into the Void as the ultimate in Anti-Wyldness, the perfect bastion against the formless chaos. That's what Creation was supposed to be - an island of form for the Primordials. This, coupled with the fact that the Neverborn and Deathlords just hate the Fair Folk on general principle, is why they don't get along.

Also, I thought the Elemental Poles were at the far ends of Creation, with the Pole of Earth in the center on the Blessed Isle, and as you got closer to a Pole, the element became more dominant.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.