New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

The Neverborn need Creation to collapse into the Underworld to set off a chain reaction sending themselves into the Abyss. If it becomes overrun by the Wyld, that would prevent the neccesary shadowlands from forming. On the flipside, if everything collapses into the Abyss there won't be anything for the Wyld to reclaim. So, while both pursue the end of Creation, the result of each desired end is mutually exclusive and thus they are at odds with one another as much as with Creation.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

So for someone unfamiliar with exalted what is up with flame's replacement arm, and how is it a punishment?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twin2 View Post
    So for someone unfamiliar with exalted what is up with flame's replacement arm, and how is it a punishment?
    It's a punishment because someone cut his arm off. That kind of hurts.

The replacement is a Soulsteel Prosthetic of Clockwork Elegance. It probably has features his original arm didn't have, but it also is probably cold and has trouble with touch or other non-game quantifiable drawbacks.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    It's a punishment because someone cut his arm off. That kind of hurts.

The replacement is a Soulsteel Prosthetic of Clockwork Elegance. It probably has features his original arm didn't have, but it also is probably cold and has trouble with touch or other non-game quantifiable drawbacks.
    It could also be a modification made with Bone Graft Technique, and the only reason it went clang instead of scrunch was due to Resistance charms.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Also, since the outer elemental poles are an infinite distance away, how does this square with the reachable edges of creation being assailed by Wyld?
    What?

No, the Elemental Poles are perfectly normal places in Creation. You can reach them on foot (well, actually, you'd need to fly for most of them), if you can survive the pure expressions of their respective elements.

The Pole of Earth is at the center of Ceration. It's called Meru or the Imperial Mountain. The Pole of Wood is the second safest one, although like all the other poles there's no ground to stand on. Hope you like jumping between trees!
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Glorious Solar [Desk], obviously. Since it appears to be a shaping effect, it is either Lore or Occult.
    I know that; is it homebrew or in a book though?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    I know that; is it homebrew or in a book though?
    It's a joke.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's probably an upgrade of Glorious Solar Plate, only slightly more useful.

9. - Top - End - #189

I made it as a joke about Glorious Solar X Charms.

The Elemental poles are at set points on Creation's map, and if you go out into the Wyld you can go "behind" them (inasmuch as you can go anywhere in the Wyld, where distance is measured in events rather than miles), but when you actually enter an Elemental Pole you'll find that it extends infinitely far from Creation.

If you were to fly into the Elemental Pole of Air, and then keep going north, you'd keep going forever.
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-03-24 at 07:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

So, in the South, if you were immune to fire and lava, you could walk in an infinite volcano?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

On another topic:

If anyone wants to head over to the Recruiting Players section, I've got a game looking for an ST (and players, but quite a few have applied already) which would basically be the concept of what Ten used to do- Dragon-Blooded agents of the Sidereals.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

Hint hint, Jukashi

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I still suggest we force him to ST for us at flame piece-point.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah. Just ask nicely.

Of course, anyone else who wants to could, if Jukashi couldn't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    So, in the South, if you were immune to fire and lava, you could walk in an infinite volcano?
    If you can walk on fire, sure.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait, so the elemental pole of earth is a mountain that stretches infinitely up into the sky? Or does it stretch infinitely down into the ground?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Probably the latter, considering there's a city at the top.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Banned

Infinite height plus Air Aspect Anima Ability = awesome jumping fun

19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't think the Pole of Earth is "infinite," it's more the center around which everything else is arranged, and the point where reality is strongest (hence why the Blessed Isle is largely safe from the Fair Folk and Wyld Storms and so forth.)

In CoTD:North, it reveals that the mountain-city of Gethamane was actually designed by the Solars as a replacement Pole of Earth as an emergency measure in case something really bad happened to the Blessed Isle. The idea was that they took a mountain with a connection to Heaven and the Underworld, stockpiled a bunch of reality generators, and (theoretically) if the Imperial Mountain was lost, Creation and the other four poles could restabilize around it.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Wait, so the elemental pole of earth is a mountain that stretches infinitely up into the sky? Or does it stretch infinitely down into the ground?
    Down into the ground. Sort of. The Elemental Pole of Earth is sort of different. It won't instantly kill the unprotected the way the others will.

Still, if you try to dig down in Creation, you'll never reach bottom.
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-03-24 at 10:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Down into the ground. Sort of. The Elemental Pole of Earth is sort of different. It won't instantly kill the unprotected the way the others will.

Still, if you try to dig down in Creation, you'll never reach bottom.
    Turtles all the way down, huh?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    No, it's just you dig to far, find the Underfolk, and are never heard from again.

Curiosity by Mortals is a bad thing in creation.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    No.

Just dirt.

And rocks.

And monsters.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    No.

Just dirt.

And rocks.

And monsters.
    Sometimes all three at once.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

In the deepest pits of Creation, not even Dodge Charms will save you!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    In the deepest pits of Creation, not even Dodge Charms will save you!
    What? Heck no! Dodge Charms will always save you. That's one of the principles of being Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Obviously, the belt Misho has been wearing the entire series has a golden hearthstone. So what would it be?

28. - Top - End - #208

Actually, it's his fold-up windblade.

I do volunteer information when I think someone's misunderstood something. Or if the answer won't come up in the comic itself.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

When Dodge Charms won't suffice, you pull out the Heavenly Guardian Defense.

That will save you.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-03-25 at 07:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll put my money on Resistance. Both Dodge and Parry depend on mobility.