New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mutants and Masterminds: The Found IC

Quote Originally Posted by Limos View Post
    Pain follows Six through the portal in a vague way and surveys the situation. Or at least tries to. There are a whole lot of people and he doesn't really know (or care) who any of them are. Finally he focuses on the least annoying person he knows. "Dire. What is the situation?" He does a double take, "And where did you get that?"
    Dire glances at Pain as she moves through the portal. "ENTERING THAT WARSHIP VIA TELEPORTER. GOING TO DO HORRIBLE THINGS TO IT UNTIL IT'S DESTROYED, TERRORIZE CREW, AND OTHER ASSORTED ACTS OF VIOLENCE. OR POSSIBLY SEND IT BACK TO CRASH INTO SKRULL HOMEWORLD. HAVE NOT GOT AS FAR AS THAT PART YET... NEXT GEN WILL LIKELY DECIDE, WHEN THE TIME COMES."

At his next question, she hefts her fist, looks at the ring, and chuckles, low and malevolent.

"SCARED THE RING RIGHT OFF OF PREVIOUS WIELDER, AFTER HIS PATHETIC FAILURE AGAINST US. DAMN THING CAME BACK IN MIDDLE OF NIGHT, SAID DIRE WAS WORTHIEST BEARER."

"CANNOT REALLY DISAGREE. USEFUL AT THE MINUTE, AT ANY RATE."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I find these Skrulls infinitely annoying. Do you require assistance with the aforementioned mayhem?" Pain brandishes his death ray meaningfully.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Halfling in the Playground

Collin was relieved that the fearsome armored woman and some of her team would be joining them. He still wasn't used to the fact that less then half an hour into joining Next Gen he would be joining a strike force onto an alien spaceship. He could shake the feeling that he was way out of his depth.

The Mayor wouldn't send us if he didn't think we were ready.

He calms down. For the first time since everything had happened, he wasn't afraid. Instead, he was oddly exhilarated. Maybe this means I’m crazy. Or maybe I’m actually becoming a superhero. Hell, judging from some of my allies, it's probably both.

He considers saying something before going in, then scraps the idea. I’ll probably just say something stupid anyway.

He follows Hikaru through the portal.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Matrix avatar

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by Limos View Post
    "I find these Skrulls infinitely annoying. Do you require assistance with the aforementioned mayhem?" Pain brandishes his death ray meaningfully.
    "PAIN, THE LIST OF PEOPLE YOU DO NOT FIND ENDLESSLY ANNOYING FITS ON AN INDEX CARD. BUT ALL THE SAME, IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER SCIENTIST ALONG. DO AS YOU WILL, DIRE IS NOT IN CHARGE OF THIS OPERATION."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In the other group Fabio tries to stay out of the way while processing the strange events of the day. He nudges one of the others and looks at them sheepishly, "Verily this is confusing. Who art all these strange creatures?"
    "Fabio, I think they're allies...of a sort. At least for now. They at least want to help us protect the school from that large ship....errr demon thing. The plan is to enter this portal and....smite the demon from the inside, " Artifex says, struggling to put it in terms Fabio will easily understand. "Now I believe it is time to be going," Artifex says, stepping through the portal.
    Last edited by DeusPravus; 2010-04-23 at 01:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

Pain rolls his eyes, "It is no fault of mine that the world is filled with fools. But that is a discussion for another day. There are Xenos to kill, and planets to burn. So let us away." Pain armors up with his full tech pack combat gear and strides into the portal with Painbot in tow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gadgets time:
    2 Ranks of Protection, bringing my Toughness to +10. 15 Ranks of Enhanced (Trait) split up among 6 Fortitude, 5 Reflex and 4 Will. That brings all my defenses to +10. I'm going to do the last 3 ranks also in Toughness, one point of which is for Impervious and the flaw Fades.

Basically this gives me 5 ranks of Protection. Anything with less damage bonus than 5 is defeated automatically but every time I get my bonus I lose one rank.

Fabio perks up. "Demons? Why didst thou not say earlier!" He draws his sword with a steely hiss, throwing his head back so that his perfect bouncy hair flows in the breeze. "For Camelot!" He shouts as he charges through the portal.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

"The Skrull are living on the moon..." Jake decides to be nit-picky at the moment as he and the other Meta move through the portal.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

8. - Top - End - #278

Synapse looks at the motley crew before zipping through the portal. "Lets make them wish their alternate dimension never existed."
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Dire, when this is over we have to talk about that thing. Predictably there are more forces at work here then we know.

'Well guys, I guess this is it. Gotta stop Fabio getting his fool head cut off...' He straighens his back and visibly tighens his resolve, when he speaks again there is some authority in his voice 'Navi, you'd best stay here. See if you can close that wormhole thing, but stay out of harm's way. The rest of you... I took an Oath when I came to this Earth that I would protect it, the rest of you must decide what is best for yourself. The last week has been by far the happiest time I've had since coming here, thank you all.'

Stormcrow decloaks as he destroys most of a wall to get inside the science building. His embarrassment is evident as he speaks over the loudspeaker 'Hi, um, don't worry kids, I'm a friendly'
    As he cloaks the battlesuit again he mutters I'm getting fed up of smashing things to get around... The Mark II had more finesse.
    You lost an eye in the Mark II
    'True, but it wasn't the good one. That counts, in the long term.'

The robot, the inventor and the wizard step through the portal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Albright nods to Beacon II as he departs, moving away from the scene with Ashley and some nearby civilians "give them hell Beacon!"

As the group passes through the portal the New Freedom League descend on the group from the skies, Liberty motions to the ship "NightWatch has already been transported within the ship and is waiting for assistance. All members of the superheroing community here have been elevated to full league membership, lethal force has been authorised."

The unpowered fourth Jake from SkrullErde rushes towards the portal "I'm coming too!"

The teleporter pad is hard pressed to contain the horde of super hereos within its confines. It makes a loud noise as it activates a crackiling roar. The device, now primed and readied can be activated again immediately.

Each member of the group feels like their insides are about to be turned inside out for an instant until they rematerialise within a massive hall like room deep within the hart of the ship. It seems like an almost featureless room save for four dozen Skrull soldiers kneeling in worship of a central column, as featureless as the rest of the purple and grey room.

They turn towards the group enraged at them entering such a supposedly holy place, for invading their home but. . . then the Skrulls realise they do not have their normal benefits of numbers. The alarms begin to blare, none of these soldiers seem to be Super Skrulls but those will arrive soon due the alarm.

A priest like Skrull steps forward, clad in red and black "This World is owed to US, this world will be ours, all will be ours, all will be pure."

The Skrulls grab their rifles from the ground as they fire off shots at the invaders.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 22 Toughness save for Doctor Dire, Ellen, Hikaru & MetaSoul.

The Orange light of Avarice collides with the Shield and seems about to break through when the shield of red light seems to grow darker and denser as every weapon on the ship stops moving and their lights go out.

Orange Sentinel feels his senses return to him and the whispers of the Orange Power Battery in his arms grow almost silent as an Alien in a blue and black uniform comes to a stop flying beside him.

Saint Walker motions to the weapons bristling from the ship "The Skrulls require the power from the weapons to reinforce the shield to withstand your light Orange Lantern; Sword will descend to the others, ensure they are alright. I will stay here to help you stay calm."

At this Sword nods to Sentinel before descending to the group below.

Sword floats above the crowd of heroes including the New Freedom League "is everyone alright? We don't have much time, with the weapons offline the Skrulls will deploy ground forces as soon as possible."

Athena glances after Dire as she departs, "bye mom. . ." she whispers.
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #281

"Oh look, appetizers!" Seeing the Skrulls level their rifles and fire blasts at the assembled team, Synapse moves to action. Seeming to be in dozens of places at once, he goes from Skrull to Skrull, landing a quick combo on each trying to thin their numbers.

Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Attack - (1d20+12)[32] All bad guys in a 50ft radius I think. Move by attack.
    Toughness DC 17
    edit: but CRIT!!!!
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2010-04-23 at 01:38 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

12. - Top - End - #282

Fabio leaps to the fore of the group and flourishes his sword extravagantly. "Demons! Know ye this! We have come to destroy thee and all that thy wizardry has brought to our homes! Thou canst not defeat the heroes of Freedom City!

FLEE COWARDS! FLEE BEFORE US!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fabio uses his Inspiration to give a +4 bonus to Professor Pain, Doctor Dire, Metasoul, Ellen, Painbot and Hikaru. Good for one turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Painbot Interposes for whoever has the lowest Toughness save Ellen I guess. I'm not sure who that would be. Probably not Dire.

(1d20+14)[19] Pain attacks with Disintegrator on Priest
    DC 18 Fort, lose 8 Toughness
    DC 23 Toughness
    (1d20+14)[27] Painbot Throw attacks a guard
    DC 25 Toughness

As the guards open fire Painbot pushes his way to the front and catches one of the beams on his massive chest. It glances off with a spray of sparks, leaving him unharmed.

Pain immediately returns fire with his Death Ray. With a small smirk he ignores the guards and fires on the Priest. "Purify this." At the same time Painbot grabs a chunk of nearby machinery and launches it at the firing guards.
    Last edited by Limos; 2010-04-23 at 03:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Cael leans against the broken wall in the main building by the science lab looking across the motley collection. They have all been deputized by the looks of it. Cael may very well relinquish that badge here soon, as he felt most of the Legacy would do themselves knowing who and what Sword is. But that is for later. Now is for fighting. Cael uses Dire's comm to hack Daniel Sword's com. "We need to organize. I would recommend groups of three to five not to separate. Keeping teams together would be optimal, but many have already been broken. I would recommend bruisers, blasters and skirmishers if possible." Cael really didn't fit into any of those groupings...but he was not about to mention it himself. "And to answer why don't I do it, most of them accept you as the defacto leader as Mayor. No one knows who the Detective is through much fault of my own."
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant thrusts both arms outward toward the group, the eldritch energy crackles between his fingers until Synapse is clear. You guys are in trouble.'
    Meanwhile Asher flips switches inside the battlesuit, readying the Stormbringer 'Aye, all you're owed is a good kicking, and old Stormcrow always pays his debts. The Stormcrow flys before the storm.'
    A field of electrical and magical death surrounds the Skrull.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Blast 8: 10 foot radius Cloud, does damage over two turns. Reflex DC 23, Toughness DC 23/19
    Electrical blast 10: 50 foot radius Blast, Reflex DC 25, Toughness DC 25/20
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2010-04-23 at 05:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

15. - Top - End - #285

Dire stands, arms folded, as the shots ricochet from her energy field.
    Spoiler
    Show

Impenetrable rank 10 means that DC 22 won't quite get through...

"IS THAT ALL?" She inquires of the group, as her allies there unload in their general direction. Ignoring them, she starts looking for a way out of the room.

Spoiler
    Show

search roll says...
    (1d20+5)[14]
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2010-04-23 at 02:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Eiko (assuming she is on the ship) just blast silently the nearest skrull. She's not sure why organics alway feel the urge to quip, shout and grandstand while fighting.
    Personaly, she obeys a much simpler philosiphy

Spoiler
    Show

Mental shapeshift:
    -notice +8 (7)
    -bluff +8 (10)
    Feat: distract.

Electrical blast (6) (19)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-23 at 02:53 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

17. - Top - End - #287

Riley had followed the rest of the Navigation Club, not like she wanted to be alone right now! She didn't even know if she had been on the right Earth- you wonder about these things when you're with Navi too long. What she did know is the people she was with were her real friends and she didn't want to lose them.

She clutched her stomach after stepping through, glancing around quickly. Everyone else was just so much stronger then her. They were all beating back Skrulls- so many Skrulls. She flushed with fear as she remembered a single Skrull nearly killing her, but she started to summon up her psionic powers anyway. A small evil grin appeared on her face as she blasted the nearest one with the power of her mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Telekinetic Blast.

(1d20+6)[9]

18. - Top - End - #288
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, darn

Toughness - (1d20+7)[20]

The bullets pierce through Hikaru's aura, grazing his side. Grimacing with pain, Hikaru concentrates, channeling his will into the power of Light. Jagged shards of light, too many for the eye to track, stream from Hikaru's hand toward the Priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Extra efforting to power stunt Blast 9 (Extra: Autofire; Flaw: Will Save Required)

Hikaru's will fails him and the shards of light fizzle away before reaching their target.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2010-04-23 at 03:05 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Artifex raises up on his platform, so that he can see the Skrulls over the crowd of heroes. Deciding that there's no room for a soft heart, he steels himself, then unleashes a blast at the nearest Skrull soldier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Autofire blast
    attack (1d20+8)[25]
    DC 23 Toughness, autofire 2 (1 pt interval, max +4)
    Last edited by DeusPravus; 2010-04-23 at 02:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Halfling in the Playground

Collin rose into the air, gathering a large amount of nanites in front of him. More then he had ever used before, but he felt the urge to do something impressive. I hope this works... He blasts the nearby Skrulls.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use power stunt to convert my Blast 8(Homing 2) 18pp
    into Blast(Burst) 6 DC 21 18pp (1d20+6)[8]
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Matrix avatar

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+12)[17] vs DC 22

Ellen braces herself for the oncoming hit, and is relieved when Painbot steps in front of the blast. She gives him (it?) a pat on the shoulder. "Thanks, big guy."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2010-04-23 at 04:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Ellen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Painbot uses Interpose feat to take the hit for you. He is Invulnerable 10 so it doesn't faze him.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Attention: Accessing enemy computer now. Ascertaining strategic situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Datalink to Skrull computer. If it's sentient I can communicate with it, if it's not computer roll: (d20+12)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

SolithKnightGuy

Krag was so stunned by all the insanity that was going on that he barely remembered to follow the others into the portals. "Uh, I'm here to help guys.." The big rocky hero spits out before stomping hard on the ground causing the floor beneath them all to hum with the force. (Ground-strike)

That was really lame. Isaac's inner voice declares to anyone able to catch an accidental burst of mental communication.
    Spoiler
    Show

Isaac has no mental powers, he just felt that thought very strongly.
    Ground-strike: strength check of +8 because of his power limit
    (1d20+8)[9] that's the trip DC -1 for every ten feet away from me.
    Reflex DC of 18 to halve the trip DC.

Grey-Knight recognizes a significant number of the others due to his connection with Daedalus. He listens to the planning, at a couple of moments he starts to say something but someone else beats him to the suggestion he was about to make.

When the Skrulls started blasting, Dylan whipped his energy blade out and snapped it on causing a silvery light and a hissing-hum to radiant from him. He stepped to one side and began using the blades deflection ability to swat at any beams he could reach easily.
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay he uses deflect on anything coming his way trying to reflect the blast back at the skrulls. Move action to position himself. Standard action to deflect any number of attacks back at their source(s).
    To deflect:(1d20+3)[12]
    To hit with reflected blast(s) (1d20+8)[9]
    If you wanna roll each one individually, well, I trust you.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a flash of movement and a blur, after a moment Synapse stands with a dozen unconsious skrulls at his feet. Blasts race out across the room, the priest is disintegrated in front of his followers, the room is filled with fire and death, the forces of angry gods of the modern age.

Collin's blast takes out the Skrull a few steps from Ellen, Hikaru manages to take down the skrull attempting to gather the ashes that once were the priest, Riley blasted another in unconsiousness, the skrull rebounding off a nearby wall. Vagrant and StormCrow's combined force level another handful of skrulls. Krag's stomp knocks a few down and Grey Knight redirects the shots to the remaining soldiers.

After a few moment the room goes silent, filled with the bodies of the Skrulls, even the alarm has died off in the fire and death.

Dire sees a pair massive double doors, one behind her and one in front behind the column.

Sentient Six accesses the Cruiser Mother board but is unable to access it in any useful way as he can't speak German.

Athena turns to Cael "We don't have time to organise into teams, not with the ship bearing down on us. We barely had time to get everyone here. . . I wish Dad was here, he'd know what to do. . ."

Mr. Albright stops her "have hope. We can fight them off."

Nemesis speaks up as his head glows a faint white-ish blue, he looks like he is staring off at something far in the distance "there are other Cruisers jumping to coordinates around the world, New York, Tokyo, London, Paris, Dublin, Berlin, They're everywhere, but they're all coming through this wormhole using hyperspace travel. This Cruise must be keeping that wormhole open."

Captain Thunder speaks up "So we blow it up?"

Liberty motions to the ship "No, the League do, from the inside."

"How do we save those on board?!"

Athena speaks up "if they don't take out the shields we get Orange Sentinel to pour as much of his Power Battery as he can into the ship's shield and Cael opens a portal inside the ship before they can reactivate the shield generators."
    Loki Avatar by Me

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda assuming someone down below is broadcasting on radio. Wil change if that's not the case.

Computer accessed. I can download a map to the shield generators and wormhole generator if I can speak German. Professor, do you have a universal translator or something of the sort in your bag of tricks?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2010-04-23 at 07:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

"DOORS AHEAD AND BEHIND." Says Dire. "COULD PRESS THROUGH. OR TRY SOMETHING ELSE, ONCE WE KNOW WHERE WE ARE AND WHERE THE SHIELD GENERATORS MAY BE..."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"If the only problem is translation, I would be happy to oblige." offers Eiko to number 6
    >Accessing library:language.//German.
    opening communication//Transmiting//
    If i may be of any assistance ?

Spoiler
    Show
    Mental shapeshifitng 2 skill point from notice to language:german.(read and speak) then opening a datalink communication with number 6 to silultaneouly translate.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-23 at 07:54 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Cael shakes his head, why does everyone feel the need to call out his name. Cael begins to look around and see who is still in the courtyard waiting for the inevitable ground assault to occur.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot notice - (1d20+15)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raynn View Post
    The Orange light of Avarice collides with the Shield and seems about to break through when the shield of red light seems to grow darker and denser as every weapon on the ship stops moving and their lights go out.

Orange Sentinel feels his senses return to him and the whispers of the Orange Power Battery in his arms grow almost silent as an Alien in a blue and black uniform comes to a stop flying beside him.

Saint Walker motions to the weapons bristling from the ship "The Skrulls require the power from the weapons to reinforce the shield to withstand your light Orange Lantern; Sword will descend to the others, ensure they are alright. I will stay here to help you stay calm."

At this Sword nods to Sentinel before descending to the group below.
    The senses returning to Sentinel felt more like coming off a powerful high than a return from a nightmare. Sentinel felt woozy, a little sick to his stomach, and his head hurt. He held his head like he was recovering from a particularly bad hangover before he regained his composure.

"So basically, this whole plan requires me to run the gambit, pouring my everything into this foe like there is no tomorrow?" Another smile rolled across Sentinel's face. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Sentinel blasted off, away from the strange blue figure, the further away he got, the clearer the Lantern's whispers became.

You should be the hero. You should save the day. They should worship you.

Sentinel liked the idea of being worshiped. He liked it a lot.

"Ok, let's try this on for size!" Sentinel flew above the ship and created massive orange missiles above it. They shot off and raced towards the ship at all different angles. Each blast was an impressive display of orange, explosive energy colliding with the shield around the ship.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!