New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Deth Muncher's Destructive and Meandering Random Banter #141

Um, wow . . . Thufir, your avvie? Je l'adore. Je l'adore.

Pratchett fangirling aside . . .
    Whooooboy.
    Busiest five odd days ever, culminating in the heart attack that was yesterday.
    Sent my essay off at the usual time, was relaxing, when on a whim I checked my email at about nine o'clock.
    With a request to fully revise my essay by nine o'clock this morning at the very latest.
    So I do what any normal student would do: have a heart attack. Then narrow my eyes in suspicion at one of Professor's comments. She did not ask me to include analysis of the bonus transcription in the essay. Peeved. Midly snarky reply sent back along the lines of 'NO problem, but you didn't actually ask me to comment on the transcription that was completely voluntary'.
    Then no more than half an hour later my mum phones up in a state of mild panic.
    One of my cousin's children was in hospital. Said child is about seven or eight months old. And was born with a heart murmur that reuqired surgery to fix. Child (as I'll now call him) had been rushed to hospital sometime around lunch because he'd started having trouble breathing while being babysat at his Grandmamma's (my aunt's). My aunt, because she couldn't go in the hospital with Child and his mum rushed down to my mum and had a freak out all afternoon. Child's her second grandchild.
    Around about seven or eight Child was given a mostly-all-clear but'll be in hospital for another day or two to make sure the heart surgery he had when he was even littler will hold out.
    How do I know this?
    Because after Aunt had calmed down enough (and Uncle had arrived with the car (her car's broken down)) she left to go visit CHild. And then mum phoned me and proceeded to have a post-crisis freak-out.
    Lasted until almost one o'clock.
    Cue me getting up at seven o'clock to essentially rewrite my essay. Child's pefectly fine though. He has a very mild case of pneumonia brought on by a slightly weaker heart then normal. But he'll be fine and out of the hospital by the middle of next week. How do I know? Mum phoned up about an hour and a half ago with the good news.
    Glad I don't need to have a third-hand freak-out. Child is ridiculously adorable, and I don't want any of my second cousins to die.

On a much lighter note: went to check out possible second-year accomodation. First house we checked was perfect. Two four bed houses, practically next door. Each one has a kitchen. Each one has a shower and a bath.Best of all? A garden and it's literally one minute from the front door to my faculty.
    I'm going there. No doubt in my mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh yeah, deciding to watch the election while drinking a constant supply of coffee. This will only go well.
    Not like I'm working at 9AM or anything...
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Oh yeah, deciding to watch the election while drinking a constant supply of coffee. This will only go well.
    Not like I'm working at 9AM or anything...
    Which channel? Proper one or the channel 4 one?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Which channel? Proper one or the channel 4 one?
    The channel 4 one. This way I get the same results, but delivered by David Mitchell, which, let's face it, is better.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

The channel 4 one. This way I get the same results, but delivered by David Mitchell, which, let's face it, is better.
    Very true.

Also: WOO!! 10pm, purdah is officially over and my place of employment is flooded with work. YAY earnings
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-05-06 at 03:54 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Very true.

Also: WOO!! 10pm, purdah is officially over and my place of employment is flooded with work. YAY earnings
    Well, no. Purdah's not really over until all the results are through.
    Where do you work?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Well, no. Purdah's not really over until all the results are through.
    Where do you work?
    Ah well I'm not in until next week so it's close enough for me

I work in a call centre doing surveys. Purdah meant we couldn't do research that could be considered impartial which meant we had to postpone two major projects until next week. As such the work dried up (lots of staff + not many hours to go round = lots of sad staff).

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, the election...

I have just spent the past fifteen minutes on MSN with a friend discussing how Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would work with the current politicians (with extra GAR) instead of the standard cast.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    How far has everyone else traced their ancestory (regardless of how certain you are about its correctness)?
    My grandmother managed to trace my family back to 1636, iirc. Which was a wedding of a farmer with my last name with a young lady. This would be on my father's side. On my mother's, I'm not really sure of much.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

10. - Top - End - #310

So, what politicians really need are drill powered spaceships? Why has the news not mentioned this?

11. - Top - End - #311

It's a media conspiracy!

I love the constituencies rushing to be first to declare, and getting delayed by a higher turnout.

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    Most people in Europe may actually be descended from Genghis Khan.

There was a study conducted over here on lineage, descendants and genetics. It was found that everyone is related in some distant manner.

I'm actually descended from Manchurian emperors.
    o rly?

I always found this fairly obivous, and was pretty shocked when fellow students were suprised to discover that they were effectively dating their cousins. Meh. Guess they never thought about it.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Pringles and beer are such natural bedfellows. They should just be sold together and get it over with.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    o rly?

I always found this fairly obivous, and was pretty shocked when fellow students were suprised to discover that they were effectively dating their cousins. Meh. Guess they never thought about it.
    I've thought about it.
    Since I've thought about it, I'm willing to make jokes about incest (using my Facebook "family," which is a joke on its own). Most of them make my friend's uncomfortable.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

15. - Top - End - #315

I'm a walking bunch of recessive genes, so I'm rather used to the idea.

16. - Top - End - #316

OrcBarbarianGuy

I get to make plenty of incest jokes to my friend group, mainly because my great-grandparents were first cousins and I'm pretty physically odd, I'm a little short ('bout 5'7''), very skinny, broad shouldered, extremely long limbs and also extremely flexible. I'm also the first person in two generations of my family to not have brown eyes and the colour of my eyes is also nothing like any of the non-brown members either. I also have red hair in a completely brunette family but since that comes from a bottle I don't think it counts.

I'm not too sure if it's the incest of just general oddness, but it's fun.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm seized with the sudden, urgent, and unexplainable need to see a French version of Hammer's classic. I don't even know if I'd be satisfied, upon seeing a perfect rendition of it. Maybe the idea is funnier than the actuality.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Um, wow . . . Thufir, your avvie? Je l'adore. Je l'adore.
    I thought you would.
    I tried to get the little blue hermit crab in the same thing with the sunrise/sunset wave, but that would've required making him too small to be reasonably seen.

ION: I have decided that some day, I am going to buy a load of oranges, and spend an entire day in bed, eating nothing else. Because I can. And also because I love oranges.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Just noticed, Deth Muncher, the link to the last thread is broken. It's got a xn--http-fb7a// between the http:// and the rest of the URL.
    Fix it, damn you.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-05-06 at 05:28 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Fix it, damn you.
    I TRIED. I have no idea why it's doing that.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

20. - Top - End - #320

All you need to do is edit your post, find the offending xn--http-fb7a// and delete it, and then the link will work again.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

My mum's traced my family back to some Welsh knight in the 1500s, on her side. My dad's mum's is also pretty to follow. But my dad's dad . . well, my grandpa's mother was a Tiffany (of stained glass fame), so we know aaaaaall about her, but Grandpa's dad emigrated from Germany through Ellis Island and was one of about 100 people with his name to come through that year. So we have no idea.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

All you need to do is edit your post, find the offending xn--http-fb7a// and delete it, and then the link will work again.
    Except that that thing doesn't exist in the quoted text. I have NO clue where that's coming from, but the URL in the link is the same URL that was in the bar at the top of my page.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Just use the thread command.

[thread=148462]Curly's Rambunctious and Erudite Random Banter #140[/thread]
    becomes
    Curly's Rambunctious and Erudite Random Banter #140

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Except that that thing doesn't exist in the quoted text. I have NO clue where that's coming from, but the URL in the link is the same URL that was in the bar at the top of my page.
    When I try quoting your OP, it shows that you opened the URL (URL=....) with a quotation mark, but closed it without one. Try putting the second quotation mark in, or removing the first, maybe?

EDIT: @V: *Thumbs up.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-05-06 at 06:52 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Just use the thread command.

[thread=148462]Curly's Rambunctious and Erudite Random Banter #140[/thread]
    becomes
    Curly's Rambunctious and Erudite Random Banter #140
    Good now?

I see those noparses...:P

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm. I wonder what NTSC and PAL mean in terms of my digi-cam's video settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Good now?

I see those noparses...:P
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm. I wonder what NTSC and PAL mean in terms of my digi-cam's video settings.
    They're essentially compression settings for color TVs. You change it depending on what region the device that'll read it will be in.

Here's a handy chart

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what politicians really need are drill powered spaceships? Why has the news not mentioned this?
    I do not know, but word of Lordgenomegordon and his Labourgann mecha must spread.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

holy **** this episode of Community is the best episode of anything ever in the universe ever.

Oh good, it's just blood. I thought it was paint. Stroke of luck.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Gog damn election. I mean drinking. I mean election.

All these votes I mean booze, I mean votes. Too much to handle in this state.

*Phrase disparaging current predicted leader*

edite: WHY ARE THE WALLS SCRATCHING.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2010-05-06 at 08:10 PM.