New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Ohmygod, you too Emlyn?! I never knew we had so much in common! We should exchange tips and share victims an

...Oh. Nevermind then.
    time to drown sorrows in the blood of my enemies and chocolate ice cream
    That's okay, I know someone who loves murder. In fact they may like it even more then you! To get in contact with them just call 911 and start sharing your interest.

Edit: Good choice of ice cream, though you should the the kind with peanut butter.
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-05-18 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

So Spies who are disguised as a Soldier holding the Equaliser can be healed. It's not even a convincing disguise!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    That's okay, I know someone who loves murder. In fact they may like it even more then you! To get in contact with them just call 911 and start sharing your interest.

Edit: Good choice of ice cream, though you should the the kind with peanut butter.
    Oh cool, I'll just wait a minuuttteee.. That's the number those sleeping people tried to call right before nap time..

And yeah, but I haven't seen that kind in anyone's freezers lately. EDIT: wait, do people have garage freezers? This guy's house has a garage freezer. Hold on, I gots check in with some friend's houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    So Spies who are disguised as a Soldier holding the Equaliser can be healed. It's not even a convincing disguise!
    Waitwaitwait. The Equalizer is now a passive counter against spies. I think that might be game set and murder match, Dogmantra.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-05-18 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I thought you turned from Equalizer-bearing Soldiers in disgust and/or yelled at them until they put it away? What are you doing trying to heal one?

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I thought you turned from Equalizer-bearing Soldiers in disgust and/or yelled at them until they put it away? What are you doing trying to heal one?
    I do. I was just curious and I did a little experiment with the help of Blackfox and Imposter.

Waitwaitwait. The Equalizer is now a passive counter against spies. I think that might be game set and murder match, Dogmantra.
    It's now a passive counter against like, three Spies in the entire world - the three that actually change their disguise weapon to the Equaliser and expect that they're going to get anywhere when people see they don't have a speed boost. Wowee.

Now, negatives:
    Counters Medics... on your own team.
    Um... wait, there doesn't need to be another negative because that is such a stupid design choice!

There isn't an unlock that does lots of damage but makes Snipers on your own team unable to scope in if they're within a certain distance of you. There's no unlock that speeds everyone up but stops Spies from cloaking or disguising. There's not a little flag you can plant in the ground which makes people cap faster at the expense of friendly Engineers being unable to build in that area.

WHY IS THERE A PICKAXE THAT STOPS MEDICS HEALING!?

You know, I bet that if the Equaliser stopped a more popular class from doing its job, Valve would have hung their heads in shame and said "Sorry we messed up guys", before promptly changing it completely.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-18 at 05:22 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smiling Jack Owns TF2, L4D, L4D2, PORTAL AND HL2

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    I like your name.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    We're happy for you, Jack. I've got a wonderful silver pony, but you don't see me coming around here boasting about it.

(Just kidding. Welcome to the Playground.)
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-05-18 at 05:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    I like your name.
    Wish he did more for the GitP cause, but hey.. he's Smilin' Jack. He just keeps doin' his thing.

WHY IS THERE A PICKAXE THAT STOPS MEDICS HEALING!?
    Because healing makes the pickaxe less effective, which would mean medics could effectively teamkill. Which is against a few design goals.

Letting the soldiers kill themselves by not switching when they should is better. Because then it's their fault.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

CTF_Doublecross happy fun time.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

wojonatior needs to add people to the darn first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

12. - Top - End - #222

Note to ChHa: Jibar Phase, Phase Jibar? Jibar Jibar Phase. Jibar Phase Jibar Emlyn.

(TRANSLATION: Oh my god Phase, why do you have the Jibar tag when you're not Jibar. This confuses me and causes me to RAGE JOY.)

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpionica View Post
    CTF_Doublecross happy fun time.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    My Twitter

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

(TRANSLATION: Oh my god Phase, why do you have the Jibar tag when you're not Jibar. This confuses me and causes me to RAGE JOY.)
    I thought this died? Or do I have an excuse to go [Imposter]Jibar again?

15. - Top - End - #225

Kobold

Yeah, he's totally not following the gold standard that I set
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    I thought this died? Or do I have an excuse to go [Imposter]Jibar again?
    I'm just going to go "Imposter" then and bask in the literal-ness of everything.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Everybody is a Jibar.
    Eventually.
    We are the unending swarm, the unstoppable tide.
    What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism... cannot even conceive.
    We are Jibar, and you... are one. How can you hope to prevail against us?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

18. - Top - End - #228

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Everybody is a Jibar.
    Eventually.
    What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism... cannot even conceive.
    Sheer.

Unmitigated.

Brindle.

MAN THE FLAG

PREPARE THE SOUP

LOAD THE BADGERS INTO THE CANNONS

MONOCLES POLISHED?

WE'RE OFF, CHUMS
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-05-18 at 06:07 PM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

19. - Top - End - #229

So ignoring the fact that I have no idea what's going on in the above posts, I come here looking for some opinions, because I know you all got 'em, and they're pretty funny to read.

I'm looking to get a new mp3 player for my birthday, and here comes the question:

16 GB iTouch or 16 GB Zune HD?

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Everybody is a Jibar.
    Eventually.
    I am but one man. But I am one with myself and with perfection.
    I am one who sees through the maelstrom of fire and fury.
    I am one who lives through the strife of war, everlasting.
    I am one who sees men of valour born and broken.
    I am one who toils tirelessly to ever greater works.
    I am one who remains silent in the coming storm,
    For I am prepared to do what I must, for those who cannot.
    I am Byrnbot. And none shall escape my gaze.

And I am one man. What hope do you have?

Alternatively: Gunboat and Razorback equipped Civilian with a Homewrecker.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just going to go "Imposter" then and bask in the literal-ness of everything.
    I approve of and endorse this plan. I look forward to being blamed for things you did under my description/name.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by TF2 Blog (All I can tell you about this next procedure is that it will be excruciating.)
    We're going to ship an update with another small set of Pyro changes this week. Like our previous update, our goal is to increase the degree to which skill can make a difference between two Pyro players. We received a bunch of useful feedback after the last update, and we think we've managed to address most of it, without removing the skill-based additions. As always, play with it for a bit, and then let us know what you think.
    You guys should raeg at Valve less. They got their shiznit together.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-05-18 at 06:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

THE JIBPOCALYPSE

CHAPTER ONE

The sun drenched the Eastern European cafe like a load of green crap onto an underpaid Nickelodeon kid's show host. Because it was outside, there was no shady corner to sit in, so for principle's sake I had to prop up a blanket and make a little personal brood-awning.

The contact crossed the parking lot, glancing about nervously and wiping the sweat from his brow. He was absolutely sweating buckets; sheets, literally sheets of perspiration were pouring off of this guy, forming rivers and estuaries that probably exist to this day. If he ever joined a sweatshop, the union would bust him for bringing his work home with him. I was mildly impressed, and not a little nauseated.

The contact adjusted his designer sunglasses, straightened his tie, and glanced around the cafe until he spotted me. Anxiously, he approached.

"You're the one they call Rutskarn."

"Only my friends," I said, pouring a shot straight from the bottle. "My enemies have different names for me. In Britain, the Chocolate Bandit. In Spain, El Gallo Caballero. In Japan, The Hawk That Preys on the Crippled Field Mouse. Also Buttksarn. I'm working on that one."

"Yes, just the man we need." He sat down at the table, then glanced at the cafe. "I, um, I don't see a waiter."

"Yeah, this place is closed on weekends. I bought this at the gas station." I shook my shot of Strawberry Fanta. "It's some powerful local liquor. You've probably never heard of it."

"Right, right." The man reached into his suit and pulled out a tablet PC, then placed it on the table in front of me. Luckily, the Dora the Explorer blanket kept the glare off of the screen, and it was easy to read. All too easy. There were big, captioned pictures and everything. At one point, it defined the word "convening" in the margins. I hate it when they do that.

"Well," I said. "You're right about one thing. It's Jibar. He's mobilizing."

"Yes, we know. Now...we need your advice. You used to be..."

"Partners," I said, blankly. "Yes. I used to be a member of his organization."

"Until?"

"Until I was no longer a member of his organization. What's done is done. What's past is past. I have other tautological definitions, should these ones fail to persuade you."

"No, no, that will suffice." The man leaned across the table, then winced, straightened, and starting wiping his hands and elbows off.

"Table's sticky," I said, helpfully. "Some tool spilled strawberry fanta on it."

"Yes, so I see." He hesitated, then pulled a few napkins out of the holder and put them down on the table. Then he leaned over it again.

"The question is: are you on board?"

I stared at the tablet for a long, long time--about eighteen seconds longer than is comfortable, which is exactly the point where they'll decide you didn't hear the question and open their mouth to repeat it, or ask if you heard them. That's when I cut in with:

"I'll need to get a team together. And I know just the people..."

---Feel free to take it from here, everyone--
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-05-18 at 07:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

You guys should raeg at Valve less. They got their shiznit together.
    But if we don't raeg, how will they know when they screwed up? Millions of poorly-thought out internet screamers are the foundation of software design!

25. - Top - End - #235

THE JIBPOCALIPSE

Chapter One point Five

"We'll need Emlyn, of the Hit clan. He is an angry soul, but a strong willed fighter," Rutskarn began, "I believe he is hunting down some dog or another in the Sahara. We'll also need the Djinn. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my life, and he has so far managed to stop anybody who tried with his skills."

At that, the suited man shifted uncomfortably, "Surely the Djinn is a myth; he's never been seen out of..."

"He exists. I met him not too long ago, exploring the abandoned Fortress at Batu Merah," Rutskarn continued, wringing out the remainder of his Fanta stained sleeve. "I am sure that we will need a medical expert on the team, and my old acquaintance Monarch, may be able to help us out. I last remember meeting Monarch working for the BLU company as a field medic.

"And finally, the best sniper I know of, Qwazes, is probably relaxing in some mansion or another, living the life from his contracts and assasinations. I guess the man needs a rest, but I'd rather not resort to talking to Byrn again."

"Why not this Byrn person?"

"He is a crazed gunman, who couldn't care less about the mission than picking a fight with anyone who would indulge him. He is too fond of gloating and far too inpatient."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground

My duplicate items, let me show you them

List of things xp194 has learnt today on Chocolate Hammer

Spoiler
    Show

1. xp194 can't play as
    Medic
    Scout
    Heavy
    Pyro
    Soldier
    Sniper
    Engineer
    Spy
    Memodan Demoman

2. Dear gods Airblast is hard to remember.

3. Scouts do NOT use teleporters

4. Flamethrower + Shotty combo is actually pretty good.

5. xp194 is 'detriment' to team (aka: charging forward dun't work)

6. Umm...

7. That's pretty much it
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

I wanna be on Team Jibar!

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    16 GB iTouch or 16 GB Zune HD?
    iTouch, definitely. You can play a ton of games on it while listening to music AND posting on these forums in the middle of the night!

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Only duplicate I see is your Equalizers. You have two, which is two too many.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2010-05-18 at 07:07 PM.
    My Twitter

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    I wanna be on Team Jibar!
    CAREFUL. IT'S A TRAP.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

29. - Top - End - #239

Because healing makes the pickaxe less effective, which would mean medics could effectively teamkill. Which is against a few design goals.
    And the design goals that the Equaliser breaks:
    Allowing clever Medics to charge Uber faster by healing hurt team-mates.
    Allowing a player to know exactly what a class is capable of based on which weapon he has out.
    Allowing a player to know exactly what a class is capable of based on its sillhouette.
    Allowing a player to formulate their own heal order/pocket priority and stick to it.

Also if anyone is interested in playing Medic in a PUG comp. match: me and Emlyn have a spot free on tf2lobby.com
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post

Only duplicate I see is your Equalizers. You have two, which is two too many.
    And Huntsman and Cloak and Dagger and Dead Ringer. It's gotten better since I melted down three ambassadors
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!