New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

So Dogmantra hates the Equalizer, can I complain about how much I HATE Natascha? I play Heavy a lot, and I hate using Natascha. I just hate her. So much. And with the Heavy buff, he's now a walking sentry.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

I hate natascha when people use it against me. I don't seem to slow down, I never do.

I just stop moving, and eventually breathing.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    So Dogmantra hates the Equalizer, can I complain about how much I HATE Natascha? I play Heavy a lot, and I hate using Natascha. I just hate her. So much. And with the Heavy buff, he's now a walking sentry.
    <3 Natascha

BFF

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

THE JIBPOCALIPSE

CHAPTER ONE point SEVEN FIVE

Rutskarn paused for a moment, glancing at the tablet for confirmation. "I need something else. I haven't got a base, or resources."

The suited man pulled out a sheet of paper, handing it nervously towards Rutskarn, "We'll can give you everything you need and ask for-"

"Soup."

"Pardon?"

"Get me some soup, tomato if possible. And lots of it. And some Oreos and milk. Damn do those taste good."

The suited man reached into his pocket one last time. "Its good to have you on our side Mr Rutskarn. Consider this a gift from us to you." He tossed a small, old and grubby Polaroid photograph to Rutskarn.

It was a picture of him and Jibar from so long ago. Rutskarn could still see Jibar's coy little smile from that day so long ago in the Alps.

"Tell your boss that it's good to have him on our side," Rutskarn breathed, folding the memento carefully, "If Jibbers gets his way, there won't be anyone left to join."

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

5. - Top - End - #245

I hate to use it.

I always prefer the plain chaingun anyway, since they're better against the firepower classes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

So Dogmantra hates the Equalizer, can I complain about how much I HATE Natascha?
    I hated Natascha until the recent Heavy change. Now I use it all the time, and it's beyond insane how effective it is.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

THE JIBPOCALYPSE

CHAPTER ONE point NINE RECURRING

Suddenly, a shout arose from the crowd, from an uncertain member. Spy! There was, apparently, some confusion as to who the Spy was, some said that it was the Pyro, some said that it was the Medic. Others still joined in and shouted "Spy!" without really even knowing what was going on. The Spy soon revealed himself. A knife stuck out of one of the Sniper's spines. Blood leaked all over the nice carpet. "If only Emlyn had not broken down his only Razorback into scrap metal to create some contraption, some kind of cloth band to wear around his head, he would still be with us today," said Rutskarn, "alas, poor Emlyn. I knew him, Qwazes. I only hope that some Deus Ex Machina of some sort could revive him. Take him to the burial site." Byrn wiped a tear from his eye. "We're all upset, Byrn. Take comfort in the fact that he taught us all a valuable lesson with his last actions. He taught us that we should always, always wear our Razorbacks."
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-18 at 07:53 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #248

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    There isn't an unlock that does lots of damage but makes Snipers on your own team unable to scope in if they're within a certain distance of you. There's no unlock that speeds everyone up but stops Spies from cloaking or disguising. There's not a little flag you can plant in the ground which makes people cap faster at the expense of friendly Engineers being unable to build in that area.

WHY IS THERE A PICKAXE THAT STOPS MEDICS HEALING!?

You know, I bet that if the Equaliser stopped a more popular class from doing its job, Valve would have hung their heads in shame and said "Sorry we messed up guys", before promptly changing it completely.
    Logical fallacy. It doesn't stop the medic from healing. It stops the medic from healing you.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Logical fallacy. It doesn't stop the medic from healing. It stops the medic from healing you.
    Logical fallacy. It doesn't stop the Engineer from building. Just stops him from building dispensers.

It still stops him doing his job. Doesn't matter how much of it.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Except that the obvious, direct parallel, rather than the ridiculous and contrived one, is that it would stop his dispenser from benefiting you.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

11. - Top - End - #251

Healing one hurt person (correction: one hurt SOLDIER) is a big enough thing that the equivalent is losing your entire Dispenser. It charges uber quicker, gives you protection, and lets you charge on someone who can self harm. That's just as important as a steady stream of metal and healing.
    BANG → !

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

How convenient that they can put the equalizer away, then. Seriously, you think someone who can't put away the equalizer to be healed will self harm for charge?
    Last edited by Worira; 2010-05-18 at 08:25 PM.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

I support this position. Nothing like fighting a class that absolutely requires you to be dodging in and out of cover to kill, while completely incapable of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerInPlayground View Post
    I always prefer the plain chaingun anyway, since they're better against the firepower classes.
    This is kinda a random, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The game labels sasha as a minigun. The weapon is actually a gatling gun. It is not, in no way resembles, and is not a chaingun. The word means something else. </irritation>

14. - Top - End - #254

I think that even if they won't self harm, that's, say they're on 50 hp, just recently damaged, almost ten seconds of charging uber at double rate. That's 25% uber charged, or about 31% with Kritz. That is nothing to shrug at.
    BANG → !

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Or you could go heal people in an actual fight, and let equalizer soldiers sprint to the resupply. A competent soldier with the equalizer can take pressure off the medic.

And again? They can put it away.

16. - Top - End - #256

Yeah, it's not like the Equalizer's prevention of healing is permanent no matter what weapon you're using. Only when it's out and the Soldier shouldn't be using it when they're being healed because they should have no reason to try a last-stand desperation strike or flee.

Also, there's no guarantee that when they self-damage, they'll pull out the Equalizer. If they're doing to help build Uber, they won't be using the Equalizer.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

GUYS I JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA
    YOU KNOW HOW EVERYONE HATES THE EYELANDER RIGHT
    SO IN LIGHT OF THE RECENT TF2 BLOG POSTS
    VALVE SHOULD CHANGE IT TO SAY 'HATS HATS HATS HATS HAAAATTTTS' INSTEAD OF THIS 'HEADS HEADS HEADS' NONSENSE

Alright I hope by now no one's actually taking me seriously.
    THAT'D MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER RIGHT?!
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you are misunderstanding Dogmantra's problem, yes a smart soldier will use the Equaliser when appropriate, problem is you are not always healing smart soldiers, and some will get the Equaliser out just because they wanted to melee, or take foolish advantage of their momentary damage.

I think Valve ought to allow healing Equaliser wielding Soldiers, and for those who honestly prefer to remain the threat of the worlds most vicious fly can block the healing with the conveniantly free right mouse button, atleast then it becomes no longer a problem with soldiers getting the equaliser out without thinking and only remains a problem with the truley obnoxious ones.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-05-18 at 08:53 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I think Valve ought to allow healing Equaliser wielding Soldiers, and for those who honestly prefer to remain the threat of the worlds most vicious fly can block the healing with the conveniantly free right mouse button, atleast then it becomes no longer a problem with soldiers getting the equaliser out with thinking and only remains a problem with the truley obnoxious ones.
    This would actually be pretty cool. I haven't gotten a melee kill on a lvl3 since the update...

20. - Top - End - #260

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by TF2 Blog
    We're going to ship an update with another small set of Pyro changes this week. Like our previous update, our goal is to increase the degree to which skill can make a difference between two Pyro players. We received a bunch of useful feedback after the last update, and we think we've managed to address most of it, without removing the skill-based additions. As always, play with it for a bit, and then let us know what you think.
    Looks like Pyro may be a viable class again soon.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-05-18 at 08:58 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

21. - Top - End - #261

There should be no unlock that makes someone else have a weakness. That's my problem. I don't care if the Equaliser gives the Soldier using it a weakness, just I don't want it to give the Medic who's trying to heal him a weakness.
    BANG → !

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

And it doesn't! You can still heal anyone else!

23. - Top - End - #263

I want to charge uber faster and generally contribute to my team better! Point is, no other unlock stops another player from playing to their highest potential.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-18 at 09:42 PM.
    BANG → !

24. - Top - End - #264

I want to charge uber faster and generally contribute to my team better!
    So why can't you use someone else then?

If the soldier is being an idiot, then heal someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah
    I think you are misunderstanding Dogmantra's problem, yes a smart soldier will use the Equaliser when appropriate, problem is you are not always healing smart soldiers, and some will get the Equaliser out just because they wanted to melee, or take foolish advantage of their momentary damage.
    I realize where Dogmantra is coming from, however that is a problem with the Soldier, not the Equalizer.

How about a compromise? Make it so that the Equalizer either doesn't gain overheal, or heals at say 50% rate (uber charge somehow unaffected)?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    How about a compromise? Make it so that the Equalizer either doesn't gain overheal, or heals at say 50% rate (uber charge somehow unaffected)?
    Knee Jerk: I like this. Gives a reason to not use it all the time, and plays to its "intended" play style by letting you start with less health. Is it the smartest playstyle? Probably not. But...100ish health isn't going to be make-or-break on most pubs.

26. - Top - End - #266

The trouble is, people choose an unlock and it hurts other players. I don't care if you want to pick whatever unlock, as long as the weakness only affects you. It is completely like a new Pyro flamethrower that uses your nearby allies' health as ammo: it stops your team-mates from playing their best because you chose an unlock. Messing with healing rates and overheal capacity by anyone other than the Medic doing the healing is not the way the game should be designed. Let the Medic heal, let the Soldier shoot rockets, let the Engineer build stuff. Don't give the Medic a Medigun that slows the Soldier's rockets down when he's being healed. That's not the person who's playing the class's choice. Someone else should not choose how you play for you.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-18 at 09:51 PM.
    BANG → !

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sometimes, I need the extra 60% speed. It helps me get to resupply faster, dodge better, and run for healthpacks. None of these are necessary while being healed. Thus, it gets accidentally pulled out by overscrolling. Stupid design. Should just remove the "can't be healed with this out" bs.

28. - Top - End - #268

How about this then. If that's the case, then here's another example that should be fixed.

You can't heal a spy disguised as an enemy.

Why? Because it gives away their cover. I don't want some medic who doesn't know what he's doing healing me and giving my cover away to the other team. An enemy medic healing your own team mate is a fairly dead give away that it's a spy. So that needs to be fixed because the medic being able to heal me is affecting my play style and it was not my choice to be healed.

This is however keeping the roles of the classes the same, and only relying upon the intelligence of the players to allow it to work correctly.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-05-18 at 10:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Direct your inquiries to Dis, he has the files and still needs to merge the audio with them.
    Like I said before, I had quite a bit of uni work to catch up on and do. Now most of it is done I can start on recording good bits and syncing audio stuff up.

If anyone *really* wants the 133mb mp3 that I've exported, I can upload it, but I'd rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I'm looking to get a new mp3 player for my birthday, and here comes the question:

16 GB iTouch or 16 GB Zune HD?
    I would say Zune. They're better music players overall. Thing is, if all you want it for is music and movies, save some money and get an 80gb iPod.
    Last edited by Dispozition; 2010-05-18 at 10:13 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

The trouble is, people choose an unlock and it hurts other players. I don't care if you want to pick whatever unlock, as long as the weakness only affects you. It is completely like a new Pyro flamethrower that uses your nearby allies' health as ammo: it stops your team-mates from playing their best because you chose an unlock. Messing with healing rates and overheal capacity by anyone other than the Medic doing the healing is not the way the game should be designed. Let the Medic heal, let the Soldier shoot rockets, let the Engineer build stuff. Don't give the Medic a Medigun that slows the Soldier's rockets down when he's being healed. That's not the person who's playing the class's choice. Someone else should not choose how you play for you.
    What? No. Those are terrible, terrible examples. They don't bear a scrap of similarity to the equalizer. There is just no parallel at all.