New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Have you been using grapple feats and items? Titan's Grip gloves + Improved Grapple nets you +12 on grapples, add in Large and you get +16 on top of strength.
    Ah, didn't think to add items to it. Herp derp on my part.

Still, every grapple past the first is -20, correct? Say 16 + Str 18 plus features bonuses... maybe in the +40ish range? So that's one guy for sure, and maybe two depending on level and enemy. Third guy would have to be a mook, or a caster who got too close.

Pretty good, but doesn't seem overwhelming to me. And anyway, all those features get pretty expensive quickly. I'm having difficulty maintaining more than a 15' - 20' reach without losing out on the attack bonus penalty.

I'm sure mileage will vary though.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Dwarf in the Playground

You need to keep in mind that there's a limit to how many con points you can devour at a time, based on level and how many mouths you manifest. This means that grappling multiple targets at once just slows down the devouring process, making it less useful overall. If you try to raise it by adding more mouths, those points come away from either your grappling ability or your defenses. Sure, with the right feats and gear you can effectively lock down as many people as you have limbs and you'll eventually get around to killing them (probably), but there are several focussed grappler builds that can do better. Devouring seems like an easy game-breaker at first, but it's surprisingly well balanced in actual play.

The Ozodrin isn't the best at anything (except maybe Intimidation), but they're extremely versatile and pretty much good enough at whatever role they apply themselves to, making them a mid-to-high tier 3.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Also, some in the works optional abilities for the ozodrin...
    Well, seeing as a new page was reached shortly after, I'd thought I'd make sure people who may be interested didn't miss my previous post.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Abhorred by nature is a good flaw; it has unique flavor and would make for some exciting scenes in a cities animal markets.

I agree that grappler specific builds are better, but the Ozodrin has far more options. Putting it at Tier 3, so your point is taken
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

5. - Top - End - #605
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Abhorred by Nature and Uncanny Appearance. Being detected and feared by animals is one of the classic "thing that should not be" traits, and add a nice flavor to a character (though you might want to specify that it applies to animals and plant creatures, rather than force the character to make a few thousand Handle Animal checks when confronted with a grassy field). Meanwhile, making the ozodrin's worldly guise a literal disguise is a nice touch, and allows especially perceptive people to notice something off about the character, which is always good for more monstous PCs. It might also pave the way for a feat or something that would allow variable worldly guises for disguise/infiltration purposes. (I know you can do this with Flesh augments, but that isn't until very high levels)

On the other hand, I really don't like Uneasy Guise. Imposing a (fairly large) penalty on all Will saves in the worldly guise makes the character significantly more vulnerable, and often doesn't really make sense (trying to hold my "mask" in place makes me easier to mind control?). The saves to maintain form when critted or knocked unconscious, and the inability to suppress the fear effect when you change are good, but accidentally reverting any time you roll a will save sometimes doesn't work (detect thoughts results in shapechanging?). Finally, keeping at least 1/3 of your form points assigned doesn't seem to work very well; I understand that the manifested form needs to be different from the worldly guise so you need some features up, but restricting the ways in which form points can be reassigned might make some forms unavailable and will almost certainly add more steps to the process of switching between manifested forms, leading to more time required in the worldly guise (exactly what someone with this flaw wants to avoid). I would suggest that if the ozodrin doesn't have their form points assigned properly when they involuntarily manifest, they revert to the last form they manifested, or possibly some predetermined default form. That way the main problem they face will be accidentally manifesting their true form or going to the wrong form, rather than delayed manifestations or underpowered forms with 2/3 of their points unassigned.
    Last edited by Sindri; 2011-06-02 at 06:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
    I like Abhorred by Nature and Uncanny Appearance....
    Glad you like those two. Added creature to the plant part as suggested. Not sure about such feats, though it could make sense. Likely would just allow them to alter their appearance to be any creature of the same type as their original form, but not granting any benefits of being that type (meaning they'd still be treated as if in their normal form), and imposing a penalty on the disguise check (as they'd be even less familiar with such a form).

On the other hand, I really don't like Uneasy Guise. Imposing a (fairly large) penalty on all Will saves in the worldly guise makes the character significantly more vulnerable, and often doesn't really make sense (trying to hold my "mask" in place makes me easier to mind control?). The saves to maintain form when critted or knocked unconscious, and the inability to suppress the fear effect when you change are good, but accidentally reverting any time you roll a will save sometimes doesn't work (detect thoughts results in shapechanging?). Finally, keeping at least 1/3 of your form points assigned doesn't seem to work very well; I understand that the manifested form needs to be different from the worldly guise so you need some features up, but restricting the ways in which form points can be reassigned might make some forms unavailable and will almost certainly add more steps to the process of switching between manifested forms, leading to more time required in the worldly guise (exactly what someone with this flaw wants to avoid). I would suggest that if the ozodrin doesn't have their form points assigned properly when they involuntarily manifest, they revert to the last form they manifested, or possibly some predetermined default form. That way the main problem they face will be accidentally manifesting their true form or going to the wrong form, rather than delayed manifestations or underpowered forms with 2/3 of their points unassigned.
    Well, you make some good points on this. Many of which were issues I'd also had and been unable to figure out how to properly address. The penalty for will saves could likely be less, and I may make it so that it only applies to one of the will saves (of the players choice before they know the results of the rolls and defaulting to the save for the not changing). The reason the save is triggered by will saves is due to the concentration needed to will oneself into the worldly form, and the fact it would end up split if trying to resist something else. However I personally would prefer to come up with a better way to do that which would take into account that while that may happen with a dominate person (or monster if your 10 levels in) spell that you know of, you likely wouldn't concentrate to resist many will saves you don't know about. I thought about making it be based on when you would need to make a concentration check, but those seem to be a little too easily set off (such as whenever you're attacked rather than just when it's a critical). That said, I may also add something like requiring one every hour or two.
    As for the form points, I had overlooked those issues. The idea of just re-adding the last features removed might work well. Perhaps if they would manifest their true nature while no form points are assigned, it just re-adds up to the last half class level features (rounded up) that were removed, so long as form points allow (so at level 5 it would be the last three features provided that didn't go over their max number of form points, but would always result in the last one being added back on).

On the whole though while I like the basic idea behind it, it is the one I am the least satisfied with the current state of and feel needs the most work. As such suggestions are particularly welcome for it.

Also, while I'm thinking of it, a feat based on the above suggestion:

Altered Guise (Aberrant)
    When assuming your worldly guise, you have learned to look like someone other than yourself.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Uncanny Appearance, Disguise 4 ranks, Charisma 15
    Benefit: When assuming your worldly guise, you may choose to look like any other member of the same race as your normal worldly guise, real or fictitious. However, doing so causes a -5 penalty to your disguise check to look normal, and if trying to mimic another individual, you still must make a separate disguise check to look like them (though you don't receive penalties for varying gender, sizes, or other similar attributes as you normally would) for which you gain a +5 bonus. This does not change any of your stats, abilities, or equipment.
    Normal: When assuming your worldly guise you must look like you once did.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-26 at 09:44 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ozodrin isn't the best at anything (except maybe Intimidation), but they're extremely versatile and pretty much good enough at whatever role they apply themselves to, making them a mid-to-high tier 3.
    Actually, methinks the Barbarian has better intimidation skills than an Ozodrin. Ok, yes, charisma is usually a Barbarian dump stat, but with Imperious Command, Intimidating Rage, and Dreadful Wrath, (even though it can and more than likely will be a glass cannon once the GM throws magic goggles of anti-intimidation upon all of his monsters, yes, even the eldritch horror he keeps in his pocket) the Barbarian can just maniacally laugh as he rages, and the only hindrance would probably be the barbarian himself if he continues to rage after all the monsters are dead...

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of which, I was debating between this and the Ozodrin, and obviously I chose the latter because you've played it before and can help me play it better.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-06-03 at 10:06 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I'm not sure if I've seen this noted anywhere, but would Powerful Build interact with features in any way, shape, or form? From one standpoint, if a feature has a size relative to your own, Powerful Build might declare that your size is +1, and thus its based off (in most cases) Large, rather than Medium. But eh, I'd rather ask for clarification.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, personally I'd rule that it would have an effect on features, but not to that extent. Features would still be made at the size of the character, and deal damage as if that size. However, for grappling, trip, special attacks and abilities, etc. they would count as one size larger than they are. Thus if an ozodrin chose to take advantage of its ability to squeeze a grappled opponent, or were to use the Swiping Tail augment to make a tail sweep, the feature would count as a size larger than it actually is for what creatures it could be used on.

On a slightly different note, does anyone have suggestions for how to improve Uneasy Guise? While the other two optional abilities seem fine, that one certainly needs work, and I'm somewhat uncertain how best to fix it.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

10. - Top - End - #610
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Hi.

Rearding Uneasy Guise

Level 1:
    Uneasy Guise (Ex): An ozodrin's true nature is its natural appearance, and hiding it can be difficult at times. When in its worldly guise, an ozodrin takes a penalty to will saves equal to 1 + 1/4 its class level rounded down due to the focus needed to hide its nature. In addition, whenever it makes a will save in its worldly guise, it must also make a second will save (DC 5 + class level) or fail to maintain its worldly guise, an unwillingly manifest its true nature. If an ozodrin manifests its true nature in such a fashion, it is unable to shield others from the fear effect caused by its manifestation. It must also save against unwillingly manifesting its true nature upon receiving a critical hit, being reduced to 0 hit points or less, and the DMs discretion.
    At all times the ozodrin must have at least 1/3rd its form points (minimum 3) toward features and augments.
    Any class which advances features advances this ability as well.

Notes on the above ability: Needs a better name, and I'm not sure if this is the best way to accomplish the desired effect (so far as what triggers the unwilling manifestation and the save against it). Part of the idea behind this is for people who feel that the ozodrin's ability to easily turn off its being a monster is problematic flavour wise, or feel it should be harder to hide being an otherworldly abomination. This also allows for more easily having it be like a curse or the like in game ([color="black"cursed with[/color] awesome perhaps, but still). Suggestions or recommendations for improvement are welcome.
    I'd suggest broadening the reasons for the will saves, and maybe make them more interfering :

1. Base DC to remain in guise would be equal to character form points (or only form points invested, or half total form points? see balance issue)
    2. 1+1/4 lvl malus on any activity requiring minute activity or done under scrutiny (disguise, diplomacy, decipher, disable device)
    3. Upon failing such a check by 5 points or more, will save to remain in guise (see DC above)
    4. Whenever taking damage exceeding the current character level, will save to remain in guise, DC=damage received
    5. Concentration checks needed to cast when in guise (see DC above), failure does not negate the spell but forces a will save to remain in guise.
    6. Whenever character needs to roll for a save (be it fort/ref or will) and fails (or passes but is within 5 points of failing), will save to remain in guise.
    7. Special conditions (like fear, fatigue, exhaustion, nausea) may require a will save to remain in guise, GM's advice needed.

Additionnaly, the ozodrin should feel more at ease in his true form, and thus, receive an appropriate bonus when in this form.

Maybe envision a small (+1/+2) bonus to skills used in his true form only.

My two cents...
    My Homebrew :
    The Otherworldly Dancer
    The Beautiful Freak
    more to come ...

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, while I'm not sure about most of those suggestions, they do give me some good ideas of how to fix up uneasy guise. Lets try a new version.

Level 1:
    Uneasy Guise (Ex): An ozodrin's true nature is its natural appearance, and hiding it can be difficult at times. When in its worldly guise, an ozodrin takes a -1 penalty to will saves, as well as a penalty to skill checks requiring fine manipulation equal to its total form points / 20 (rounded to the nearest whole, minimum 0), and to concentration checks equal to 1 + total form points /20 (rounded to the nearest whole, minimum 0 before the +1).
    In addition, when ever an ozodrin becomes subjected to a fear effect (each degree counted separately), the confused condition, dazed, the exhausted condition, the fatigued condition, the nauseated condition, the sickened condition, a critical hit, 0 or less hit points, -10 or less hit points (if still alive), the unconscious condition, or DM fiat it must make a will save (DC 5 + class level), or fail to maintain its worldly guise, and thus manifest its true nature as a free action (in the case of these effects having a duration, they only trigger a save when they first occur. If multiple would occur at once, only one save is required). If an ozodrin manifests its true nature in such a fashion, it is unable to shield others from the fear effect caused by its manifestation. If when manifesting its true nature in this fashion the ozodrin has no form points allocated, the form points are then allocated as they were the last time it had at least 1/3 its form points allocated.
    The ozodrin must also always make concentration checks when casting spells in its worldly guise (DC 10 + class level), though if failed rather than losing the spell it must make a will save as above to maintain the worldly guise. In the case of a concentration check normally being required, use the higher DC, add this effect to the effect of what would happen upon failing that one.

If the ozodrin is making use of the Otherworldly Guise ability, do not count redistributed form points toward the total form points for the penalty to skills.
    Any class which grants form points advances ability.

Notes on the changes:Well, this version seems rather longer than the original one, but on the whole seems to be much better. Most of the length comes from specifying conditions triggering the save, which I think is handled better than just "any time a will save is needed". Also the reduction in the penalty to will save to a flat -1 seems to work better as a minor penalty that isn't overly harmful, and the penalty to skills hopefully less problematic. The change to the 1/3 form points must always be allocated hopefully is also an improvement. The concentration check is a minor thing, and hopefully not overly problematic. I may still want to add an every x time period must make a will save thing, but I'll see what everyone thinks first (my current thought would be every 4 or 5 hours the worldly guise is maintained, possibly reducing it an hour or 2 at level 10).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

12. - Top - End - #612
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

I like it, it fits the theme and is simple enough to play fluidly.

Maybe try these (in red) to improve readability:

Level 1:
    Uneasy Guise (Ex): An ozodrin's true nature is its natural appearance, and hiding it can be difficult at times. When in its worldly guise, an ozodrin takes a -1 penalty to will saves and concentration checks, as well as a penalty to skill checks requiring fine manipulation (including concentration) equal to its total form points / 20 (rounded to the nearest whole, minimum 0).

In addition, when ever an ozodrin becomes subjected to
    • a fear effect (each degree counted separately)
    • the confused, dazed, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, or sickened condition
    • a critical hit, 0 or less hit points, -10 or less hit points (if still alive), or the unconscious condition
    • DM fiat

it must make a will save (DC 5 + class level), or fail to maintain its worldly guise, and thus manifest its true nature as a free action (in the case of these effects having a duration, they only trigger a save when they first occur. If multiple effects would occur at once, only one save is required).

If an ozodrin manifests its true nature in such a fashion, it is unable to shield others from the fear effect caused by its manifestation, and must use the last "form" in which he invested at least 1/3 its form points.

The ozodrin must also always make concentration checks when casting spells in its worldly guise (DC 10 + class level). Failing any concentration check forces the ozodrin to make a will save as above to maintain the worldly guise.
    I hope i'm not too intrusive, i just broke down the text a bit to "air" it, and tried stacking some effects to make them simpler to read.

Hope this helps.
    My Homebrew :
    The Otherworldly Dancer
    The Beautiful Freak
    more to come ...

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that does seem to help readability, though such a method may require noting the concentration penalty is cumulative (and the he would need to be changed to it, but all simple fixes). Anyone else have any thoughts?

As a side note, moved the other 2 optional abilities to the first page (in the third post with content).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

14. - Top - End - #614
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

should prepared features & augments be included into the save dcs for Uneasy Guise?
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-06-20 at 06:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd considered that, but decided against it. There is a wide range of variability in how someone can set up their feature, not to mention deciding not to use any form points, and trying to account for all that in a reasonable way could be difficult. It also could cause some players to be more wary of using more creative set ups if it causes increased DCs.
    Any thoughts on adding a regularly occurring check as I mentioned above?

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-20 at 06:48 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like the new version; the penalty to fine manipulation makes sense with the theme that you're sort of "squeezing into a person suit," the checks are more reasonable and come at times that always make sense, etc. The edited for readability version should specify that you use your most recent form if you don't have at least 1/3 of your FP assigned at the time, but other than that it's good.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

So the general consensus then is that the new version is good, and that there is no need to add a check every x time period after assuming your worldly guise? Also looking at it I noticed I forgot to take into account things like powers or spell like abilities on the concentration check part. Any wording suggestions on how to fix that?

On a less related note, when I added the other two optional abilities into the first page I noticed the Cerebrant Horror feat and remembered my plan to eventually add other similar spell feats to the ozodrin's options. While I still haven't come up with any spell lists for things like dreams and the like (nor received any from those who offered to try putting some together), I did remember the necrotic cysts spells from Libris Mortis and think that given the ozodrin and its ability to warp flesh, those could actually make sense for it to be able to use (even if they are initially undead themed, many eldritch horrors have been known to mess with the laws of death). So, what would people think of a feat to let ozodrin make use of those spells similar to the one for cerebrotic spells?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that the "GM Fiat" section makes checks every x hours unnecessary; this way you still have a decent chance of your disguise slipping at inopportune times, but you don't need to bother with, say, making a half dozen checks over the course of an uneventful day. Dunno about the SLAs and powers, but I'd probably say that anything that you'd take an AoO unless you make a Concetration check for it in melee also needs one here. And just in case that last sentence wasn't enough of a hint, I'm the wrong person to ask for wording suggestions.

I agree that the Cyst spells would be a good set for a new spell feat (Necrotic Horror?), as they're a bit more powerful than normal spells of the same level and require a special feat to access, like the Cerebrant ones. For future sets I'd recommend either decreasing the price a bit or looking for other sets that are normally hard to access and a bit more powerful. (though you should take everything I say on this subject with a grain of salt, since I haven't had a chance to playtest a Cerebrant horror yet and thus am not sure about all the balance issues)

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

You make a valid points on the GM fiat part negating the need for a regularly occurring check. Still not sure on what to do with the concentration check part though, so shall wait for more input.

As for the necrotic spells, I'm not quite sure how powerful they are compared to the cerebrotic spells. Mind if the ozodrin finds a way to become undead, they can be a good bit more powerful due to giving all its attacks against a target with a cyst +1d6 damage (note aberrant monstrosity doesn't work for this as it only allows you to count as a type for feat & prc requirements).
    Lets try a sample write up of such a feat though.

Necrotic Horror (Aberrant)
    You have learned to grow necrotic cysts like other features.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Form Points (minimum 4)
    Benefit: You become able to grow a mother cyst thus making you capable of casting cyst-related spells as if you had taken the Mother Cyst feat (Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead, p. 28). However, this power comes at a cost. You must permanently sacrifice 1 form point to gain this ability, and 2 form points must be spent to create the mother cyst, without which you are incapable of casting the spells (though unlike other features the cyst may be maintained in your worldly guise). Furthermore, to learn a cyst-related spell you must permanently sacrifice a number of form points equal to the spell's level. For the purpose of what spells you can cast and their power, you count as a sorcerer of level equal to your ozodrin level. You may normally only cast each spell once per day. However, you may allocate a number of form points equal to the spells level toward additional castings of it for the day. If you use those castings you may not allocate those form points elsewhere until the next day.
    Special: Form points sacrificed for this feat or to learn spells are still counted for abilities or requirements that take into account your total number of form points such as the Horror ability of the ozodrin, and if important are considered assigned.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

20. - Top - End - #620
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, I know you already have a ton of feats for this class, but in terms of an epic one, what about allowing us to control how fast time passes in our stomach? Considering the fact that we can basically keep a good sized village in us by epic levels, it'd perhaps have some interesting applications.

Especially if we use our Shunned Name and Unspeakable Name feats to turn ourselves into a metro system.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

...I can see the conversation now...

"Wait, we quested and conquered all the way to the epic levels, and you evolved into a metro station?"
    "Yup!"
    "Aren't you going to eat the universe or something? Become a dark god of some variety?"
    "Nope. I'm good here."
    "I'm never playing with a Chaotic Neutral party member again."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by babus View Post
    Hey, I know you already have a ton of feats for this class, but in terms of an epic one, what about allowing us to control how fast time passes in our stomach? Considering the fact that we can basically keep a good sized village in us by epic levels, it'd perhaps have some interesting applications.

Especially if we use our Shunned Name and Unspeakable Name feats to turn ourselves into a metro system.
    Something like this?

Hole in Time (Aberrant, Epic)
    You're stomach is outside of normal time, allowing you some control over the flow of it inside.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Monster Within stomach augment, Charisma 25
    Benefit: You gain access to the Warped Time stomach augment.
    Warped Time: Additional cost 15
    Required Level 21: The flow of time is different in your stomach is different inside than outside. Upon taking this augment you choose if you will increase or decrease the flow of time within the chosen stomach. If you increase it, an additional round passes within your stomach for every round that passes outside your stomach. If you decrease it, an additional round passes outside your stomach for every round that passes inside it. You may add this multiple times to the same stomach. The effects stack.
    Special: Upon reaching level 25, you may choose to pay 50 form points for this augment to change the factor of change from rounds to minute. (faster makes a minute pass in your stomach per round per time applied, slower makes a round inside your stomach equate to a minute per time applied). At level 30 you may pay 100 form points to change this to a hour instead.

Also, suggestions on the line about concentration checks for the Uneasy Guise optional class feature would be appreciated so I can finish it up and add it to the first page.

Edit: Another somewhat random feat idea I just had (inspired by Markus Darkmind in post 393 of this thread).
    Flesh Calls to Flesh (Aberrant)
    Your body is now a part of you even when separated.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Decentralized Body, Constitution 13
    Benefit: If parts of you are cut off, they will no longer die on their own, but remain living, though inert, until killed off or you die, and as an extraordinary image you can always detect the direction and distance to them. In addition as a move action you may cause a severed portion of you body to move up to 5 feet in the direction of your main body. As a full round action you may cause all severed body parts to do so.
    Normal: Pieces cut off of you die and cannot move.

One's Form in Miniature (Aberrant)
    Your severed body parts are like your main body on a smaller scale.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Sinister Image, Flesh Calls to Flesh, Constitution 15
    Benefit: If a severed portion of you is still alive and weighs at least a pound, you may treat severed pieces as images depicting you for the purposes of sinister image. Spawn features do not count for the purposes of this feat. In addition when having your severed pieces move, they are no longer limited to moving toward your main body.
    Normal: Pieces cut off of you cannot have features placed on them.

Edit2: Split Flesh Calls to Flesh into two feats, the first having added functionality and being available at a lower level.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-27 at 10:06 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #623
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hole in Time (Aberrant, Epic)
    You're stomach is outside of normal time, allowing you some control over the flow of it inside.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Monster Within stomach augment, Charisma 25
    Benefit: You gain access to the Warped Time stomach augment.
    Warped Time: Additional cost 15
    Required Level 21: The flow of time is different in your stomach is different inside than outside. Upon taking this augment you choose if you will increase or decrease the flow of time within the chosen stomach. If you increase it, an additional round passes within your stomach for every round that passes outside your stomach. If you decrease it, an additional round passes outside your stomach for every round that passes inside it. You may add this multiple times to the same stomach. The effects stack.
    Special: Upon reaching level 25, you may choose to pay 50 form points for this augment to change the factor of change from rounds to days. (faster makes a day pass in your stomach per round per time applied, slower makes a round inside your stomach equate to a day per time applied). At level 30 you may pay 100 form points to change this to a year instead.
    does it really need to be epic? :/
    But I love it.
    The idea of being swallowed then coming out only a few hours later to find a few years have passed... Its quite amusing.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    does it really need to be epic? :/
    But I love it.
    The idea of being swallowed then coming out only a few hours later to find a few years have passed... Its quite amusing.
    Yes, it does, seeing as how the manipulation of time is both incredibly hard to do (fluffwise) and incredibly powerful (mechanically).

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Made a minor edit to the feat reducing the amounts that the higher cost versions offset time by. Mainly because I remembered that a round is only 6 seconds, and I'd intended them to be more like, spend a day in the stomach and a year passes, not spend a hour in the stomach and a few centuries pass.

Other than that, does it seem fine to move to the first page (also the other two feats)?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

26. - Top - End - #626
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agreeing with Cipher, it is excellent, though my unfamiliarity with epic levels makes me wonder if it'd still be fun getting all the way to level 30, given there's no new class features for 10 levels.

Also agreeing with Necroticplague, normally the only people tossing around such powerful mechanics are epic level wizards, and even if this is a less powerful variation of that ability, Ozodrin were never straight up casters to begin with.

The moving limbs feat is also interesting and very in-theme, though I suppose it makes me realize for the first time that losing a limb might affect available form points. That, and that pulling your limbs in might be a good way to avoid losing them.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by babus View Post
    The moving limbs feat is also interesting and very in-theme, though I suppose it makes me realize for the first time that losing a limb might affect available form points. That, and that pulling your limbs in might be a good way to avoid losing them.
    Well, losing a limb would only affect form points if you have conservative form, letting you exchange limbs for form points. If you lose limbs that are features, you can just remove them and use the form points elsewhere or else assume you worldly guise. Also, while thinking of it, an updated version of conservative form (to improve usefulness to the few of limb), and another feat I just thought of.

Conservative Form (Aberrant)
    When you manifest your true nature, you are capable of removing limbs you possess normally in order to form more features.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Form Points, Feature (Limb)
    Benefit: Each limb you choose to remove grants an additional form point. Removed limbs are gone and as such can't be used to hold things or perform other functions. If it provides a form of movement, removing all limbs that provide such movement causes you to lose that move speed.
    Additionally you may choose to enhance your existing limbs as if they were features provided you have access to the corresponding feature. In most cases this means you may apply augments to them without having to pay the base cost for the feature, though they do not provide any of the benefits that would be gained by the unaugmented feature (unless they provide it normally). Specifics below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Eyes count as basic eyes or 4 form points extra special eyes.
    • Mouths count as mouths, and may be given a bite attack for 1 fp if they lack one.
    • Tentacles count as tentacles.
    • Arms count as limbs.
    • Legs count as limbs with the leg augment.
    • Spikes count as a single spike.
    • Horns count as a single spike with the horn augment.
    • Fins count as fins.
    • Wings count as fins with the wing augment.
    • Skin (scales, etc.) count as a single flesh feature.
    Special: If you also have the Decentralized Body aberrant feat, you head counts as a limb you are able to remove for this feat. Deepspawn counts as granting 2 fins for the purpose augmenting them with this feat.

Murmuring Horror (Aberrant)
    Your nature allows you to draw on the power of the far realms.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Form Points (minimum 5)
    Benefit: You become a xenothurgist capable of channelling the energy of the far realms into reality. Unlike most, your nature as an ozodrin gives you a slight edge when it comes to controlling these powers. However, this comes at a cost. You must permanently sacrifice 5 form points. Upon taking this feat, select (or randomly select) a murmur, and an incursion and disturbance to go with it. For the purpose of this murmur, your xenothurgy level is equal to your HD (as normal).
    Due to your nature, you have some abilities that other xenothurgists don't. Once every 24 hours you may, as a full-round action, spend 5 form points per murmur level to make a will save (DC equal to what you would make casting a breach of the level your murmur is at). If you succeed on this save, your murmur level is reduced by 1. If you fail this save it is increased by 1. Form points spent for this way may not be spent on anything else for 24 hours.
    In addition, you may allocate 5 times your maximum breach level from points toward your incursion. If you do, when you use your incursion it will occur in the pocket dimension your stomach is in. As such your everything in your stomach will be affected rather than the normal area. However, even so the power it unleashes is too much to completely contain, causing some of the effects to leak out of you. An area centred on you with a radius 10 feet per current level of the murmur the incursion is tied to will be affected as if in the periphery of the incursion. You may not reallocate form points spent placing the incursion in your stomach for the duration of the incursion.
    Special: You may take this feat more than once. Each time pay the form point cost and gain access to a different murmur. You may still only have one murmur active at a time (see murmur description).
    If you have the Displace Incursion feat, you may not make use of it while releasing the incursion in your stomach.
    Form points sacrificed for this feat or to learn spells are still counted for abilities or requirements that take into account your total number of form points such as the Horror ability of the ozodrin, and if important are considered assigned.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-29 at 06:35 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

28. - Top - End - #628
    Barbarian in the Playground

For the purpose of this murmur, your xenothurgy level is equal to your ozodrin level (classes levels that advance all your features advance your ozodrin level for this purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos
    Breach Requirements: The maximum level of breach that a xenotheurgist can access is dependant on their xenotheurgy level (see below), as are the effects of several breaches. A xenotheurgist’s xenotheurgy level equals their Hit Dice (including racial Hit Dice).
    Not sure you need to mention that xenotheurgy level = ozodin level when it already equals hitdice.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    Not sure you need to mention that xenotheurgy level = ozodin level when it already equals hitdice.
    This is intended to be in place of it equalling hit dice, though only for murmurs granted by the feat. Mind looking back on it, probably would be better to leave it as hit dice (since it isn't overly powerful if you try multi classing and lack the form points to make use of things, resulting in being about the same as a blessed or inflicted xenotheurgist).

Edit: Changed it to being HD like normal.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-06-29 at 10:31 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooooh I like that new Xeno feat. Gonna change my class a little so that it's a prerequisite.

Just a heads up though. The DC on Xeno Breaches is, uh, broken. So I suggest against that "Gain One Warp Point" thing. At least until a better formula is worked out for the class.

Time to get to work...
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground