New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Godhood IC

Heretic on Hodra

Heretic tilted his head, "I'm Heretic, god of um, the Wild. What'd I do Hodari? You are you a god too aren't you?" He began stepping slowly forward and pointed at his headband with his thumb as he spoke again, "I was just using this to take a look around and the stick was dead when I found it, I swear!"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Hodari blinked, his face leaving no doubt of the negative impression he had. "Whatever, just... don't interfere with my races if you can." He turned and made his way back to the stars. A brief exchange, given the circumstances but he had work to do. He could deal with this new god later.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Halfling in the Playground

As Seln walked out of his workshop, wiping his brow of god sweat (Worth 2,000,000g!), he sensed an evil, malicious, and cunning force enter the universe. Good, something to spice things up. Have to make a few visits before the shooting -err, stabbing- started. For it would, because there were too many goodie two shoes out there. Suddenly, he caught a divine whiff of something else, or someone else, on Hodra. Very good! He warped there, and landed where he thought he saw him. Seeing a strange cat-like creature wearing some sort of headband, talking to Hodari. Apparently talking too the beast god called... Hodari. He walked up to the newcomer, and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Greetings! I see you are one of the newest additions to this universe, and I just wanted to say welcome! I am Seln, by the way. I noticed Hodari said some-" He saw how good this god seemed, and changed his tone to be nicer "- err, unkind words with you. I will not speak for him, but I do know that he is quite territorial and defensive of his freedom. It would be wise if we exited this planet soon, since he might become enraged if he finds two gods here. The other reason I came here was to offer you a chance too sign this charter of the Gods, a set of rules. If you do not wish too sign, no one will hold it against you, but you will not be protected by it. I will not pressure you though, it is you're choice. The third reason is to offer any help you may need with the entrance into this universe, for I am always willing to help."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic on Hodra

“Alright!” Heretic shouted in agreement at Hodari with a look of embarrassment on his face as the god of shadow flew away.

Heretic turned to meet Seln with a discouraged frown, “Hi, my name is Heretic, I’m the god of the wild.”Heretic stepped closer to Seln and the Charter of the Gods, read them and spoke with uncharacteristic hesitation, “Domains are planets right? This seems alright but I’m not very good with following rules. Hmmm, I don’t think I can sign this today but I will think on it. Thanks for the advice though, do you mind if I tag along with you for a while?” With this, Heretic extended his hand to Seln.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    We do not require, however, that you return with us. That remains your choice, and the outcome of us staying to our lands will be the same.
    The Resplendent Blossom blinks in confusion, for she is a Raposa. They are concerned with logical, cunning manipulations, and the accumulation of power by any means necessary. To throw away a hostage like this, to deny a chance to humiliate and subjugate a helpless enemy... it does not make sense.

"I am yours now, my lord. If you were to release me from your service, it would nullify the peace that you now declare. As you see yourself, the tempers of your people are mercurial. How are we to know you will not turn and strike once our warriors have dispersed? Let me be a reminder, my lord."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

The Wizard-God surveys the planet of Gade, and smiles. The kingdom of Palandril is close to conquering the rest of the planet and uniting them under one banner. Their cleverness is proving admirable, and this world will be hard pressed to contain them in a time very soon, Hrothlar suspects. To assist them in thier cleverness and in future plights, Hrothlar takes the most rare and esoteric of things-- coal and oil and uranium and aluminum and many more --and buries them in the mountains, deserts, and rivers of the planet, so that the intelligent species below might find them, and hopefully use them in the wisest ways, in some future day.

Hrothlar blesses all within the nation of Palandril and on the planet gade with his intelligence and sense of justice, so that their cleverness will not (hopefully) run away from them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act One: Bury uranium, oil, coal, aluminum, and other 'modern' resources for the men, dwarves, and dragons to find when the day comes
    Act Two: Bestow Intelligence

--by the way, Sir, what "tech level" are these people at? I believe this is the fourth or fifth time I've blessed them with intelligence.--

On Gade

King Draco the Wise has successfully united another continent full of nations under the weight of his expanding empire. Parts of the conquest were violent, but overall it was a peaceful political usurpation. Many years ago, Draco (and his immortal Dwarven friend) feigned their own deaths and began living under the disguise of many men, so as to not alert the locals to their divine nature. Draco looks upon the third, and largest, major continent in the world, and prepares to unite all peoples beneath the banner of his good kingdom.

Spoiler
    Show
    One Minor Act: Draco prepares another continental inasion, which will united all nations under the banner of Palandril

Yoric Stonecutter has finished construction of the Citadel ages past, and the humans and dwarves have integrated almost fully into the wondrous cities of Palandril. As their planet moves into a new age, though, Yoric begins planning and developing the kinds of things that will allow them to truly wear the badge of modernity.

Spoiler
    Show
    One Minor Act: Yoric begins developing thousands of small inventions which, when all looked at together, present significant technological progress to the people on Gade. Examples include electricity, steam power, medicine, sanitation, theories of germs and gravity, etc. He releases all these discoveries through the guise of thousands of scientists, although it is his own divinely blessed hand behind them.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Hello! I guess I have to make some stuff before doing stuff. Just tell me if I do anything wrong. )

Enter Arqiel.

A new void would be entered, differing from the void which he was home to; yet it would not only be void as several other entities where also here, acting around a single source of light. They where forming planets, creating life around this single source as they spoke to one another and interacted. "I should destroy all their stuff and start a fight." Sathax would speak, wishing destruction and chaos. "No! I should see what they are doing and attempt to help them." Udon would object such evil and want to aid the others.

The two would snap at one another, running around Arqiel as they did. "Enough." He would speak and the others would listen, being himself in a sense. "We will join them before we start anything." Moving closer, he would inspect the planets which they had formed; they hosted life and interacted with one another, being propelled by their creator.

It would do no good to ask others approval on doing anything, as they would be swayed by their own wishes; thus the only place to begin would be creating a planet of his own. Tiraen would be it's name, as decided by Arqiel himself; yet the others would not wait to inject themselves into it's creation. Udon would speak first, saying: "I should make it peaceful, with loving creatures and many beautiful colors." A *Tsk* would be spoken from Sathax who would abolish such an idea. "Nothing would ever happen, it would be boooooorrrring. It should be filled with action! And war! And should attempt to conquer other lands!" The two would continue to fight, only stopped by Arqiel. "It will have all of these things, as it will be shaped by event."

The small, plain world would appear; being mostly flat with no animal life yet. There would be grass running across hills and plants scarcely populating the open space, small amounts of water would be found pooled across it's surface. But, inside the planet there would not be this empty as is swirled with possibility of every kind and energy rested without peace. Five even smaller planet-like rocks would be created orbiting Tiraen; two orbiting in the same direction next to one another at a fair pace, one largest one would orbit slowly and furthest away from the planet in an orbit 37 degrees off of the first, the fourth would orbit 97 degrees from the first two and travel quickly, and the last would travel about opposite of the first two being only a few degrees in the oposite direction only slightly faster.

The entire thing, planet and moons, would be slowly launched into it's own lopsided orbit around the sun; being very close to the sun for long periods of time and being far away for equal amounts of time. Both Sathaz and Udon would cease fighting, knowing that this world would accomplish both of their wishes; it's unstable structure leaving it's surface vulnerable to changes unlike the permanently settled planets that could be already seen.

Life on Tiraen would have to wait, as it would have to be unique unless it wished to die under the changing scape of the new world.

Spoiler
    Show
    -1 act? Plain planet and moons created.
    Last edited by GreenZ; 2010-07-01 at 12:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

Life was good for the Terlk tribe. One of the hill tribes, they had managed to overthrow many over the neighbouring tribes, just as their lord had commanded. Using wild beasts as their front guard, controlled by the powerful psionic Seltu and his pupils. So the Trelk were growing. Till that fateful day.

Seltu and one of his newer pupils, Huilk, were walking to one of beastkennels, to check some new arrivals brought by one of the hunting groups. As Dominators, it was their duty to ensure that those beasts were proparly tamed, ready to serve the tribe anyway it needed. But on half of their way, both suddenly stopped. The other Krelkos looked surprised onto the pair. Seltu nearly collapsed, holding himself steady with one hand while the other one grapped his head. Eyes opend wide, drool spewing forth from his mouth. He seemed terrified beyond belief, but still way better off than his pupil. Huilk was on the floor, despratly clawing his eyes out and trying to rip his antenna off, all the while screaming in tongues. Nobody could untersand what he was saying. The most powerful induviduals int the tribe were in mere moments reduced to simpering fools, barely able to controll themselves. Than the rest felt it, though not as strong. A dark presence, whispering things best not heard.

Such scenes happend all across Peres. After some moments most of the populace got to sucsessfully ignore that voice and the more powerful psionics could shrug it off, although still slightly unstable. Such was their ability that they couldn´t zone out that voice. Those tht were weak nearly all perished, driven insane by that whisper, killing themselves and others or simply dieing of fear.

Sitting upon His obsidian throne, Reloark couldn´t believe His eyes. He could see that another god had acted, but He couldn´t see how the other did it. Whatever it was, it affected His people hard. Standing up, His regal robes that He was wearing changed into His suit of armor, only that this time weapons appeared on His back. A sword, scepter, hammer and axe. Thusly armed, He went on His way to find the answers. Without knowing what really affected the Krelkos He couldn´t help them.
    Also some other god had DARED to INFLUENCE HIS WORK.
    He would find that fool, get His answers and, so the arbiter might help that fool, make sure that such happenings would never occur AGAIN!

And so Reloark went on His search.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    The Resplendent Blossom blinks in confusion, for she is a Raposa. They are concerned with logical, cunning manipulations, and the accumulation of power by any means necessary. To throw away a hostage like this, to deny a chance to humiliate and subjugate a helpless enemy... it does not make sense.

"I am yours now, my lord. If you were to release me from your service, it would nullify the peace that you now declare. As you see yourself, the tempers of your people are mercurial. How are we to know you will not turn and strike once our warriors have dispersed? Let me be a reminder, my lord."
    Well if you insist, you will come with us to Payidevimyht, the Land of Beauty, as an honored guest. You may not enjoy it as much as we do, for I hear that technological wonders are what pluck the heartstrings of the Raposa. Payidevimyht is nature at it's fullest, a wonder that many catfolk enjoy. I hope that you will enjoy it as well. If you so wish, you may choose any companions from among your people to bring with you, or any material object you wish. We may seem overly-tusting in this matter, but I do not question your honor, and hope that mine will also remain unquestioned.
    Leonix was unconcerned with the leader of the Raposa. He was wise indeed, and wished to see the cunning leader's reaction to the freedoms he offered, freedoms he knew that would never be offered to him in this situation. He hoped also to impress the Raposa leader with the civility of the catfolk, and possibly prolong the peace between the nations. Humility was important when facing a proud foe, and Leonix knew when to sublimate his raging ego in instances of this kind. Sometimes a submissive gesture could save many lives in the long run.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcoming-Of-Brother Protocols

"Now that is curious. Most curious indeed. I felt tactile sensations, and you seem to be able to either warp the local spacial-temporal field beyond typical divine abilities or to program me to believe that I am experiencing a change in my spacial-temporal field - but that is rude, isn't it? I'm being rude."

Gears whir and pistons churn, and Nova's eyes dilate. Every inch of the figure before her is examined to the most minute detail. Nova tilts her head and smiles, rather mechanically. "But you must excuse me if I am rude a bit more. You seem to believe that there is a close familial relationship between us, though I am not aware that I have any kindred or even any parental units. Perhaps you are being facetious, but I doubt that, especially as you have made a facsimile of my own face to mask your own. The most pressing question, then, is who or what you are. So, if you would allow me to ask the question - who are you?"
    The mask shifts, going from an insane smile to a doughy frown in the blink of a mortal eye.

You were made of steel and steam
    To sculpt minds bright and pure
    Our maker forged me out of dream
    To provide them their allure

As Kaal'ex speaks, Nova recalls dim memories of a forgotten past, her birthin the Divine Sun, body crafted from the purest elements. But there is something else, something at the edge of memory yet beyond even her perfect mind.

As twins we were meant to grow
    To rebuild worlds of wonder
    But madness reaps what e'er it sows
    So I was driven under

I am Kaal'ex ut Phrennix i'Choss'Urr Alil Yhaevar'Mhaik

And with the utterance of that name, reality screams around Nova, echoing the keening inside her own head. The veil between memories is ripped away, and she sees the interior of the Divine Sun, her new body glimmering in the ever present light, standing alongside something totally alien and yet like her. It is chaotic organic mass in contrast to her machine perfection, yet she knows it, him, to be an integral part of the genius that is her domain.

11. - Top - End - #311

GreataxeFighterGuy

Reloark

Soon after He began His search, He found His target, talking to the Elegant Nova. As He neared He heard the last part of Kaal´ex speech. The madness from the beings name sorrounded Him, but His mind was strong, His purpose pure and his rage great, so the mighty Reloark just pushed through it. Just as He standed behind Kaal´ex, He let His voice heard. Anger and rage burning with each syllable.

I am Relaork and I don´t care what or who you think are. There are only two things I care about right now. First your going to explain me in what way exactly your influencing the Krelkos on Peres. Then you are going to assure me that all was a terrible mistake on your part and that you will cease all actions and all form of influences on the same planet. AND you will do that RIGHT NOW!!!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcoming-of-Brother Protocols

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation was always one small step away from madness, which is why the speaking of her brother's name does not bother her unduly. It is disconcerting, but in a good way. Madness is always hand-in-hand with genius. But then blundering, oafish Relaork appeared, full of anger.

Nova turns her cold gaze on Relaork for a moment, in which is imparted the fundamental truth: if you value your existence, do not interrupt Nova when she is focused on something, ever. She raises her hand, and it crackles with galvanic essence, and the dreamscape warps around it to match the cold, swift hatred that is the essence of lightning.

"Go. Away." And Nova released the energy crackling around her fingers, lashing out to catch Relaork in the chest. It wouldn't kill him, she was 95% certain. But it would knock him out of the Dreamscape long enough for her to speak with Kaal'ex without further interruption.

Then she turns her attention to Kaal'ex once again, and her gaze is now warm and filled with curiosity. "Of course! You are the organic element to my own mechanical perfection! The striving of all living things to grow and change, where I am the striving of the mind to always improve and create! Genius! Well, of course you are a genius, you would be if you are me. And I think you really are. Despite the fact that you certainly could be attempting to deceive me, the facts do support your claim to kinship." Strangely enough, she embraces him for a moment. Truly, her engines never run out of fuel, nor cease for but a moment. "Tell me: what is your purpose now in the universe? What drives you ever onwards into the great tomorrow? For I believe I could help you, brother."

Leonix, The Mad King

The Resplendent Blossom nods, rising to her feet. "Very well, my lord. If that is what you wish, then I shall come with you to your land. I need not bring anything, for this day I am no longer to be counted among the citizenry of the Raposa."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcoming-of-Brother Protocols

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation was always one small step away from madness, which is why the speaking of her brother's name does not bother her unduly. It is disconcerting, but in a good way. Madness is always hand-in-hand with genius. But then blundering, oafish Relaork appeared, full of anger.

Nova turns her cold gaze on Relaork for a moment, in which is imparted the fundamental truth: if you value your existence, do not interrupt Nova when she is focused on something, ever. She raises her hand, and it crackles with galvanic essence, and the dreamscape warps around it to match the cold, swift hatred that is the essence of lightning.

"Go. Away." And Nova released the energy crackling around her fingers, lashing out to catch Relaork in the chest. It wouldn't kill him, she was 95% certain. But it would knock him out of the Dreamscape long enough for her to speak with Kaal'ex without further interruption.

Then she turns her attention to Kaal'ex once again, and her gaze is now warm and filled with curiosity. "Of course! You are the organic element to my own mechanical perfection! The striving of all living things to grow and change, where I am the striving of the mind to always improve and create! Genius! Well, of course you are a genius, you would be if you are me. And I think you really are. Despite the fact that you certainly could be attempting to deceive me, the facts do support your claim to kinship." Strangely enough, she embraces him for a moment. Truly, her engines never run out of fuel, nor cease for but a moment. "Tell me: what is your purpose now in the universe? What drives you ever onwards into the great tomorrow? For I believe I could help you, brother."

Leonix, The Mad King

The Resplendent Blossom nods, rising to her feet. "Very well, my lord. If that is what you wish, then I shall come with you to your land. I need not bring anything, for this day I am no longer to be counted among the citizenry of the Raposa."
    As you wish. Come. Leonix turns and starts to walk back to the catfolk.
    The Raposa was oddly calm. A ploy? A threat from the inside? Such things were not unheard of. Leonix made a special reminder in his mind to not let his guard down with this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaal'ex was not surprised by the appearance of Relaork. Indeed, he seemed rather indifferent to the god in the brief moments of his presence before Nova's galvanic chastisement sent him flying. However, as Nova whirrs on and embraces him, the motion underneath the robe stops for a moment, before she feels something return the embrace, something that feels like dozens of tentacles slowly crushing down, before she is released. As she looks into Kaal'ex's face, she sees the mask has changed to a smile again.

All around is emptiness
    Motion without mind
    I seek to add to progress
    To free the thoughts confined

All mortals seek advancement
    All mortals seek our grace
    My dreaming grants them placement
    Within divinity's place

Your genius grants them tools
    To build and break anew
    My genius makes great men of fools
    To send ancient law askew

And when the dreamers dance
    Within the grace of madness
    They will away to seize the expanse
    Of those who worship baseness

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Lokhir resides in the abyss of his sea. Crystalline Structure at the deepest part of the sea. The peace between the fluffies would be brief but enough for him to think. Fydan had yet to show any demi-godhood abilities beyond his abnormal strength and resistance. It was perhaps time for a new race. Small but atleast interesting enough to keep alive. He placed out his hand and from them he created five souls. He then released these souls into the water. Each to observe and choose a body form of their own.

Two souls,Atfynt and Nyfn, coupled and created the Uvdracay [Description to come]

Two other souls Jmyt and Sauf coupled and created the Sanvumg. [Decription to come later, basucly mermaids]

The Fifth soul Milevan took the form of a blue skinned man. He would go off and succumb to the pleasures of the flesh passing his aquatic traits to the many children he would have.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Noircat View Post
    Heretic on Hodra

“Alright!” Heretic shouted in agreement at Hodari with a look of embarrassment on his face as the god of shadow flew away.

Heretic turned to meet Seln with a discouraged frown, “Hi, my name is Heretic, I’m the god of the wild.”Heretic stepped closer to Seln and the Charter of the Gods, read them and spoke with uncharacteristic hesitation, “Domains are planets right? This seems alright but I’m not very good with following rules. Hmmm, I don’t think I can sign this today but I will think on it. Thanks for the advice though, do you mind if I tag along with you for a while?” With this, Heretic extended his hand to Seln.
    (Sorry for the late response, the internet in my neighborhood went out..)

"Sure, I'll show you around! I have to do something, and you can come along if you wish. This way."With that, he takes Heretic's hand and leads him to the great hall.

"This is the great hall, the neutral meeting place of the gods, of my creation. Over there is the arbiter, who seems to be reading a book (?). She was created to be the tie-breaker and settler of disputes between the gods. The book she is reading is open for all to use, and you can research the universe with it. As you may of seen on the way here, there is plenty of space to create a planet, or ally with one of our brothers and settle a planet together. If you so wish, you can have part of this vast fortress, for most of it is empty. I must now create a better defense for this place, as it is not enforced to my liking..." He flies (With heretic if he so wishes) to a large complex of bedrooms for mortals. He focuses, and creates the Cado Ortus, or the Boneborn, a race of creatures devoted to defending the fortress and other wishes of their god. They seem to be skeletons, and have black bones and burning purple eyes. He manifests to the lines of stunned soldiers, speaking in a raspy yet booming voice;

"Behold! For I am your god! Bow before me, and you will be rewarded! Your purpose is to serve me and defend this place, for better or worse. You have the map of the areas burned into your memories, so defend it. You may multiply by building more of yourselves from the stones outside, so you may replenish and grow. Now go unto the fortress, and serve!" With that, he fades into the darkness. The Boneborn, not knowing else yet, begin to set up patrols, and begin learning to smith armor for their better defense. Not mindless, but definitely set on this task, they worked away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act 1: Create the Boneborn, or Cado Ortus, a race of smart undead skeletons. Like the Cado Sanctus, but more sentient, and less elite. They reproduce with either mining metal and using rituals to create more out of it, or the Cado Sanctus animating more.
    Act 2: Bless the Boneborn with knowledge of smithing and war. I am hoping they can start in the iron age or whatever, but this will hopefully advance them far enough either way.
    Last edited by Ultimarr; 2010-07-09 at 10:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

The largest volcano of Erden had been quite hot that day. It almost seemed as if the liquid rock was being heated by something, it bubbled as if eager. Ringen dropped a rock in and watched it sizzle as it sank. As if in retort something started to come out of the magma. First a transparent hand grabbed onto the lip of the volcano, then a head stared to pull itself out. Eventually a diamond climbed out. He was twice as tall as a normal Volk and had four arms just like his mortal kin. Lava was sliding off him as he stood up to his full height. There was translucent divine light shining inside him. Ringen gave him two two-handed hilts, one of sapphire and one of ruby. He spoke in his godly rumble:

From this day on you will be known as The Champion. You are to bring my word to the Volk and rain destruction up their enemies. These two swords will be instrumental in this.

The Champion stayed silent. Instead of replying he just stared at the blade-less hilts as if expecting them to do something. Suddenly the one of sapphire exploded in electricity which eventually settled in the form of a blade. Then a blade of liquid metal wreathed in flame slid out of the ruby hilt.

Go, make your people strong.

The Champion left the volcano and came upon the Volk. In time they grew stronger and tougher like The Champion. They were now physically stronger than they had ever been. A divine gift from Ringen to improve them into the people he wanted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act 1: Creating swords
    Act 2: Improving the Volk physically
    Last edited by Jman1906; 2010-07-09 at 04:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hodari makes it simple for Rijak to kill Jorkan (as he was already planning),
    Hodari makes a simple trail for a certain young Hodran to make her way to a certain place...
    (Thats really only one act, if that, since you can kill mortals like flies..)

Seln created the Boneborn, or Cado Ortus, a race of smart undead skeletons. Like the Cado Sanctus, but more sentient, and less elite. They reproduce with either mining metal and using rituals to create more out of it, or the Cado Sanctus animating more.
    Seln blessed the Boneborn with knowledge of smithing and war.

Lohkir created five souls, which in turn went an made the Uvdracay, and Sanvumg races. The fifth soul Milevan took the form of a blue skinned man. He would go off and succumb to the pleasures of the flesh, passing his aquatic traits to the many children he would have. (I am assuming you spent an act for each soul so you could use all your acts, but I may be wrong)

Arqiel created a plain planet with some moons to orbit the sun.

Hrothlar Bury uranium, oil, coal, aluminum, and other 'modern' resources for the men, dwarves, and dragons to find when the day comes
    Hrothlar bestows intelligence on the peoples of Gade
    (I would like if you made a rough run down of the society and what technology they have, and whatever you deem important. Just because you're kind of vague at the moment... Make it as short or long as you want.)

Heretic created the Headband of Mortal Senses - While wearing this adamantine headband, heretic can percieve through the senses of any mortal.

Nova uses the Madness of the Raposa to increase their technology even more. Crazy-awesome technology. Dream-like technology, the stuff that really has no business working but it does.
    ( I could use some definition, because I'm not even playing and thats scary! Eek!)

Kaal'ex created the Dreamscape, a place where mortals go when they dream.

Ringen creates swords for The Champion.
    Ringen improves the volk physically.

Silunus waits.
    Reloark waits
    Moarzed waits. (I am assuming you and Reloark save your acts, becuase you have posted allot, just not acts. Next time, I would perfer you post your acts or "I wait" though.)

Pyric Idles.
    Azrathar Idles.
    Torr Idles.
    Tendrellis Idles.
    Taermonecoterais Idles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bertholeum floated through the void with a maniacal grin on his face. He has been hoarding power too long, and the pure temptation of the ether began to pull him deeper. He warps to the "Great Hall", with an evil plan. He smashes aside two skeletons guarding the gate, and strolls in, pointing at the arbiter. A ray of dazzling darkness shoots out of his hand, spinning the arbiter and slamming her against a wall.

"Behold the might of me! All of you shall bow to me, the mighty Deceiver! I shall kill you, and take control of the council-" The Arbiter, not really one for asking questions, jumps up and out from the wall, and smashes him into the far wall, then leaps over to him.
    "Law will defeat you, since you are corrupted and weak. Go back to where you came from!" She hit him again with her hammer, sending him flying though the double doors, too outside the fortress. "You will never defe-" He managed to gasp before she smashed him yet again;

"I know, I know. You're unstoppable, and your omnipotent. Whatever you say, you are weak, and you should die!" With that, she kicks him off of the planet. He plummets down, grasping at his broken body. With a anti-climactic "Sploosh", he lands in the sun, burning alive, for it was to hot for even a god. For the rest of eternity, he wanders the universe playing out his nicer side, guiding the runners to success in the background, and ever being a playful and kind god in the universe, even though his power was null.

The arbiter walks back into the fortress, mending the killed guards on her way, and sits down in her ornate marble chair, and begins to read the book of gods again.

Azrathar, I would post if you still want to play!

Code:
    Azrathar: 6 (BOOM!)
    Lohkir: 3
    Moarzed: 6
    Torr: 4
    Hrothlar: 2
    Pyric: 5 (Watch out!)
    Silunus: 2
    Hodari: 4
    Elegant Nova: 3
    Seln: 2
    Ringen: 2
    Reloark: 4
    Tendrellis: 5 (Watch out!)
    Taermonecoterais: 3
    Arqiel: 2
    Heretic: 3
    Ka'leex: 2
    Correct me in PM or the OOC thread if I got anything wrong, which I probably did. Now I beseech thee, Create!
    Last edited by Sir; 2010-07-10 at 01:33 PM.
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

On Gade...

Ages have passed, and the blue banner of Palandril--also known as the Unification Flag of Gade waves atop iron flagpoles on Five major continents and thousands of islands off the rocky coasts. Twelve Hundred years had passed since the emergence of civilization. Twelve hundred years of conflict and militant action--twelve-hundred years of measured, continuous expansion and warfare.

Two hundred and twenty-two invasions Palandril has launched. One-hundred and sixty-two times it has defended it's borders. Sixteen civil wars launched by anti-expansionist forces.

And the whole while, one political and military leader who has served in the shadows, engineering the rise and fall of countless smaller empires--all in the name of divine providence, of the Godly mission imparted on him at birth--the evolution of civilization. And to King Draco the Wise (and the sixteen thousand other identities he has assumed through the years) that means one thing--expansion.

In the intervening years between the tribal birth of civilization and global peace following the Unification Wars the nation of Palandril has seen the ebbs and flows of any mortal civilization. Tribe, Kingdom, Republic, Empire, Democratic Republic--the Banner of Palandril has represented a vast and somewhat sordid collection of governments, but as Draco would say, 'that is all in the past...'

King Draco The Wise
    "And the past is largely irrelevant," Draco said to the figure behind him as he slid razorblade across his cheek. He was dressed in a black suit, deeply dark, with only a stark red tie offering color to his outfit. His face at the moment was pale and worn, he looked about sixty. The face had a name that belonged to it--Robert Highwater. Senator Robert Highwater, actually, and soon to become Dahn Robert Highwater, governor of Gade.

Dahn was a word in the Dragon-tongue. Dragon was the only common language among the some two-hundred Prefects of Palandril, and so was chosen as the language of the Unified Government as to not elevate any province over another. On the surface, Dahn meant Leader, but also so much more. It was telepathically bound to the dragon-kind by birth (the Dragons of Gade, though represented by nine dragons in the Palandril Senate [one for each of the major Dragon-Clans] tended to ignore political affairs) Young dragons use the word to mean father, but also to mean God.

Interestingly enough, the dragons were the only race to hold religion in high position. A vast majority of humans (with the exception of those on the frontier provinces, the last to be captured in the Unification War) are atheist or agnostic, and the Dwarven-kind tend to hold to their stone idols and spirit-gods, though both of which after logic, reason, and--of course--gold.

The man behind Draco--or Robert Highwater, as it were--smiled and shook his head.

"I've heard your speeches, Bobby. But you know the impasse you're at as well as I do."

"Oh yes, pray-tell what it is? That's what I pay you for, after all." Robert wiped the lather from his face and wiped his neck with a fine red-silk cloth. He straightened his tie, and stuck a little silver pin onto his lapel. Hand-wrought by Dwarves, no doubt, the image of Gade wrapped over a grid beneath a crescent moon that wrapped itself over the globe like a halo.

"Our country is built on expansion, sir. I suppose, all of Gade is now."

"Thank you for the history lesson, but I assure you, I've completed third grade."

"Yes, sir, of course, sir. But the point is--I mean, you've got a people with adventure in their blood and nowhere left to go. You've been to every corner and uncharted land and stuck flags and forums and marketplaces and asphalt roads and lamp-posts. These people cannot sit still. They cannot be left to stagnate."

"You act, friend, as if we are at the end of progress. I assure you, this is not so."

"But sir--"

"No, quiet for a moment. You've spoken, let me add my piece, if you will. There is progress to come. Do you see this," Robert holds up the razor he had set down on basin a moment before. "In another five years, these won't exist."

The aide's eyebrows cocked.

"No," Robert said, "I mean it. There's a firm in Empire City--Infinity Electronics and they're working on a little electric motor. Battery out of lithium, and all. Uses magnets, or something, damned if I know. But it turns something, and shaves you clean as a baby but can never cut you."

"Sir--" The aide asked, "is this more of Yoric's technocracy?" Yoric went by his share of pseudonyms, as well, but in private company amongst the small circles who knew The Secret (Draco's and Yoric's immortality) he was always Yoric. Robert smiled and shook his head.

"No, I'm afraid not. It's a human company, although I believe there are Dwarves on staff. All are capible of cleverness, and not just Yoric."

"Still, sir, trinkets and small technical miracles are no substitute for physical adventure and conflict. Turning three-quarters of the military into civil service might work in the short time, but the youth are sons and grandchildren and great-grandchildren of soldiers. Building bridges and fixing highways won't work for them, they've got adventure in their blood."

"What makes you think," Robert said coyly, "that all adventure is trapped within the continents of this world?"

"Sir?"

"You asked of Yoric. He's not working on razorblades, he's in the desert-lands of Doondra west of the heartland, just south of Los Avegos."

Robert walked out of the bathroom, followed closely by the aide. Robert approached a window, and drew it open. The sound of a swelling crowd echoed throughout the room. It was dark, and a brilliant set of stars hung low above the swelling sea of men and dwarves that stretched back to the blinking electric-lanterns of the city. Dragons swooped over the crowd overhead, delighting children who reached their hands toward their scaly bellies. They carried baskets of rose petals in their claws, which they let flutter across the crowd. The petals twinkled in the starlight.

Robert gestured his hand up, letting an old, pale, gentle finger find the crescent moon in the sky, hanging just like on the Unification Flag.

"We're going there," he says. "Possibly in the next decade. Certainly within your lifetime. Yoric's making it possible. Some tiddlywinking experiments with plutonium, or uranium, or something."

The aide's jaw was resting somewhere near the floor, his eyes kept floating back to the sky.

"Now, look sharp. I've a coronation to attend."

Robert walked towards the door, taking healthy strides.

Yoric Stonecutter
    Four Years Later

The stout, flat-faced dwarf watched the flat, unremarkable horizon. The dunes of sand wavered in the heat that rose from them, and the sun hung oppressively large and powerful in the sky. Beads of sweat poured off the Dwarf. The Doondra climate was suited to no Dwarf, and even went so far as to force him into being clean-shaven. A head of thick black hair down to his mid-back was tied up in a ponytail which he tucked under his white coat. Beneath he wore fitting-robes.

He looked over some pencil-scrawled numbers of a clipboard, and began to take long strides (so long as a Dwarf can manage, anyway) towards a thick metal slate which was erected some six feet tall, abridged only by a window of thick crystal-glass. There were three men and four dwarves already behind the wall, arms crossed and looking uncomfortable in the heat. At their feet, a nondescript metal barrel rested on the tightly packed sand.

One of the men saw the approaching Dwarf, and muttered something into the handset of a bulky radio. After he made his call, he turned his attention to the shaven Dwarf.

"We're a go. Test in four minutes."

The men and dwarves watched the desert horizon through the glass. One of the humans, a skinny, nervous-looking fellow, spoke up.

"What's the worst that can happen, again?"

The shaven Dwarf barked a quick laugh the way only Dwarves can and answered.

"The reaction catches in tha' atmosphere and lights up the Universe in a nice, warm glow tha' makes the sun yonder look like a firefly. But thas' a longshot, o'course."

There was some nervous laughter, and then a lot of waiting. The sun beat down on their faces. Eventually, one of the men started to count down seconds, watching the hands tick on the face of his brass pocketwatch. The men and dwarves held welding mask helmets into the air and pulled them over their heads. Some of the hairier dwarves had a little trouble, but got them on altogether.

The man kept counting down seconds, though his voice was muffled by the mask. The man got to ten.

He got to four, and then three, and then a second sun lit up on the horizon.

It was a flash of light that burned in their retinas, even through the thick and shaded glass visor over the helmets. It left a lightshow of spots that danced across their eyes for a full two minutes before they realized the light had settled into a dome made of smoke. It grew larger and larger, stemming from a base into a thick stem that became narrow as the cloud pushed up. It looked like a tree carved of smoke and dust and sand. It hung, suspended on the blue horizon for a while.

The men and the dwarves took off their helmets. None of them said a word.

The shaven dwarf thrust the metal barrel over his shoulder, rotating it until he found the tap. He poured glasses of mead for the men and Dwarves behind the shield. They raised them in the air, silhouetted by the mushroom cloud stemming from the horizon behind them.

"Gentlemen," one of the men began, holding his mug higher than the others.

Yoric Stonecutter finished for him.

"...Reaction successful! Now let's see if we can fit it in an engine, eh?"

The men and dwarves laughed, and then they drank.

Later that night, they drank a lot more. There were ancient songs, and stories, and eventually dancing.

Above them, Hrothlar smiled.

out of character: there, it's really long and rambling and semi-coherent and probably self-contradicting, but I think its a general cultural rundown of the people on the planet. At least the basics, anyway.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-10 at 08:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heretic at Great Hall

I’m learning quite a bit about this world through its mortals already through their senses with my headband. About how they live and die and dream, such things when they sleep, perhaps you’d like to try my Headband on later?” He follows Seln though the Great Hall, gliding alongside him. Seeing the Arbiter and the skeletal undead seems to put Heretic on edge, though he is more curious than anything. Heretic’s green furry ears twitch, and after a pause and a puzzled look he dashes towards the sounds of the action (with Seln if he likes). After translating the sounds of battle to get an idea of what happened, Heretic begins to summon forth his power and bring life to some of the stone outside of the fortress and heads outside to address his creations. “I may have later use for these but can loan them to the defense of this place in the meantime.”

Spoiler
    Show

1 Act:Life on Great Hall Create simple plant and animal life on the planet, an atmosphere, water.

1 Act: Create 2 Stone Beasts- create 200 foot tall stone beasts with much mossy fur. Also, each stone beast can have items placed inside by Heretic to be released when it is slain. The first, shaped like a giant bear, has 2 Raposa symbols(eyes) and 2 Catfolk symbols on it(palms). The second, shaped like a giant finned snake, has 2 Kobold symbols(belly) and 2 Hodran symbols on it(mouth and fin). These are weak points that are only weak when hit by the member of the race that is displayed. Weak points need not be hit to destroy the stone beasts but it sure helps.

Protect this place and grant aid in building its defenses. If critically injured by a God, flee and hide to heal. Obey the Arbiter in my absence, and if she gives orders that countermand mine in my absence, obey her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ultimarr, if Seln wants to try the Headband of Mortal Senses out, feel free to fit Heretic offering it and hand it to Seln anywhere in your next post.
    Last edited by Noircat; 2010-07-09 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to format.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

A resounding 'clap' echoed through the halls with a light elvish chuckle. Hodari, in his elf guise, stepped out of the light into the shadows, revealing himself.

He clapped again. "That was quite... interesting, madame arbiter." He grinned wickedly. "And well deserved of one who has lost their mind, i suppose." Hodari crossed his arms. "You are not at all what i expected when we poured our beings into the forge, i must admit. You are far, far better."

He stepped forward, and his being faded. He stopped as he noticed this, then took a step back and scratched his long black hair with one hand. "You might want to give your guards something to see gods with - oh, and the one on the left is getting lonely, apparently."

((Yes, there is a reason he came from the depths of space to speak with the arbiter. Three reasons, actually, one of which is ooc))

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Moarzed

And the King of Cats had waited for a long time, and now his plans would come to frutition. Moarzed poured out his chaotic essence to the earth and the sky of Maxim, and two sets of creatures were created.
    First were the Skyreavers. The Skyreaver were huge mixtures of bird and reptile who had giant wings allowing them to soar over Maxim.
    Second were the Earthshakers, large animals, like bears with a reptilian muzzle.
    And Moarzed once again launched his power, sending a sigil of chaos in the sky near the first Skyreaver and the first Earthshaker spawning grounds, which were placed near the principle catfolk city. And so catfolk went out at once, and saw these monsters. And Moarzed imbued a will to be tamed into the monsters, and the catfolk were more than happy to oblige.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1: Create Skyreavers
    2: Create Earthshakers
    3: Draw the catfolk to the nests
    4: Make the creatures non-hostile towards the catfolk
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

As Kaal'ex and Nova talked in the Dreamscape, a small fragment of His Will was busy elsewhere. On the material plane, in the black depths of space, a shiny black seed faded into existence. At first slowly, but then more rapidly, black tendrils emerged from it, multiplying at an exponential rate until the seed was gone, replaced by a glistening black sphere the size of a small moon. All around it, space seemed to distort in a rippling wave of madness, and silently the Basilica of Flesh drifted towards the planet of Gade.

[For dramatic effect]
    As Yorik conducted his nuclear test, an unusual storm rose above one of the principle cities of the southern continent. From a clear sky, a whirling vortex of slate grey clouds expanded over the city, lit by periodic flashes of green lightning. Meteorologists and scientists throughout the city gathered to observe the bizarre event, and though some chose to seek refuge in their homes, many of the humans and dwarves of the city were drawn by their curiosity to join their academic brethren in gazing skywards. Slowly, black stains began to appear on the face of the vortex, an soon the first tendril had broken through. The first was followed by hundreds more, thousands even, midnight tendrils as large as the most ancient trees in diameter. As the first tendril touched one of the towering buildings of the city's commercial district, concrete and steel seemed to melt under the powerful enzyme it secreted, until more tendrils grasped it, and the top quarter of the building was wrenched up into the sky. As they realized the horror that was occurring, the center of the vortex parted, and the citizens of the city saw a black moon hovering over them, the pole facing them split open into a tripartie maw that was the source of the tendrils. And in the shadow of the the Basilica, their minds were shattered. Some ran towards the tentacles, screaming blasphemous adulations before being caught and brought upwards. The rest screamed, an ran, ran to attack their neighbors, ran to escape the inescapable, ran to end their miserable lives. Over the course of a quarter of an hour, the tendrils captured every person living in that city, dismantled every building, collected every piece of flora. Even the few dragons in the vicinity were not spared their mighty wings no use against the crushing grasp of the collecting tentacles. Then, when nothing was left of the city but a desolate crater, the Basilica drifted away into space, leaving no trace of tis presence.

Within the Basilica, most of the harvested people and objects were deposited into vast bladders, slowly ground down into base biological and mineral material for the Basilica's later use. Others found themselves ensnared in clear, membranous cells, never noticing the leech-like tube that attached itself to the base of their skull and ever so slowly drew forth every memory and scrap of knowledge they had to offer. The rest of the captured were deposited on tables in vast charnel-laboratories, being cut open and examined by tendrils that sprang from the walls themselves. And within the center of the Basilica, in the great Brain-Heart of Kaal'ex's home, all the knowledge was cataloged, stored, and analyzed.

Throughout the solar system, this scene was repeated, every species harvested, broken down, and analyzed. Even the Raposa were not spared, though Kaal'ex transmitted his telepathic assurances to Nova that the small population center he devastated would be the last time the Raposa felt the touch of the Basilica. When the black moon finished its circuit, it disappeared into the darkness of space, leaving behind naught but terrified rumors in every civilization, and the silent promise of horrors to come.

Actions Used
    Spoiler
    Show

2 actions to create the Basilica of Flesh
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2011-09-29 at 07:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

From the Unity Times newspaper...

SOUTH DRESDEN CITY DESTROYED BY EXTRAPLANETARY ATTACK
    OVER 50,000 DEAD

AUGUST 14, PALMAHN PROVINCE -- The commercial city of South Dresden was destroyed last night in an unexplained event which left over fifty-thousand in the city dead, a number that includes some thirty thousand Men, twenty-thousand Dwarves and a Dragon Sanctuary which numbered around two hundred.

While many buildings in the city were reduced to a gray-green semi-liquid, others remain standing and unchanged. The attack stemmed from a celestial image which on-lookers from across the river described as "unnatural" "other-worldly" and "hellish."

Many report seeing biological, cephalopod-looking appendages descent from the electrical aerial maelstrom, perhaps lifting still-living men, women, and children into the vortex.

The city limits have been quarantined by contingents of Royal Marines, including the fourteenth, seventeenth, and two-hundred and twentieth Dragoon divisions, as well as armored fighting vehicles from the fortieth armored cavalry, all adorned in protective clothing and holding the area off-limits to the press.

The Imperial Parliament has declared a worldwide state of Emergency, and Palmahn Province has been put under Martial Law beneath Dwarven commissar-governor General Ulman Bishop. As early as six o'clock AM this morning, aerial units have been spotter above the city, including low and slow-flying Dwarven gyrocopter designs. No survivors have been found, and the vast majority of bodies are unaccounted for.

Refugees from the surrounding countryside are fleeing the vicinity, as military geiger detectors have identified low levels of background radiation which military officials describe as "dangerous, but not lethal"

Imperial Dahn Robert Clearwater has been taken to a secure, undisclosed location. In a press briefing, lower public relations officials have declared that if they event was deliberate and intentional, the perpetrators "otherworldly or terrorist" have effectively demonstrated an act of war. The same official also vehemently denied accusations that the event was somehow precipitated or caused by the secretive superscientific research involved with the Los Avagos project in the desolate Doondra Desert.

Commisar-governor General Ulman Bishop has said publicly that...

King Draco the Wise...
    The Blue Rock bunker compound in the Argos Mountains...

Robert Highwater's pale face was buried in his hands. The table he sat at was polished and black, a map of Gade was sprawled out on it. A dozen other figures sat around the same table, four Dwarves and eight Men, all dressed in black uniforms pincushoned with rainbow medals and ribbons and all with shiny black boots. Highwater pulled his face from his hands and spoke in a forced voice.

"The quarantine?"

"Two kilometers, sir." one of the Generals, a Dwarf, responded emotionlessly. "The extent of the physical damage to the buildings. We have a tight perimeter of Royal Marines, nothing will get in or get out."

"How far out have we detected background radiation?" Highwater asked.

"Dangerous levels out to one kilometer from the epicenter, which we estimate to be at the financial center, near the river bend. Minor levels of radiation out to four kilometers, but easily protected against by simple clothing. Nominal radiation detected out upwards of nine kilometers."

"Pull out the quarantine perimeter," Highwater demanded. "Make it ten kilometers. Nobody inside without full NBC protection."

"Sir," the Dwarven general cut in. "A twelve kilometer perimeter would require fifty times the active force. It's impossible. We don't have the troops."

"Reinlist the civil service on a voluntary basis. They were soldiers three years ago, I they can handle this."

"Yes, sir."

"And about the Los Avagos Project?"

"Yes, sir. It's already been shut down. We're creating plausible deniability. This won't get blamed on us."

"General!"

"Yes, sir?"

"You don't think this is our fault, do you?"

"I, sir, I..."

"Permission to speak freely, General."

"...I don't know sir."

Dahn Highwater stood, he let his hands fall on the table. He looked at the pin stuck into the location of the former South Dresden on the southern continent.

"I assure you, Generals, this was not our fault, nor was it the fault of the Los Avagos Project. Quite the contrary--I believe uranium-based weapons are the only thing that can protect us from this."

"Sir..."

"Expand the Los Avagos Project. Make it public. Weaponizing it is justified. I want one-hundred uranium fission warheads by the end of the year. Throw the resources of the entire country behind this, I want those bombs on close-range rockets in every major city. And prepare rocket-propelled Marine Entry Pods. When these bastards attack again, we'll be ready for them."

Spoiler
    Show

Unification Flag of Gade

If anyone was curious, the technology of Palandril and Gade is very steam-punkish and at times, downright anachronistic by the standards of Earth history. They've constructed primitive rocket-propelled low-orbit ships, but haven't quite mastered the electric light bulb. They have mechanized armored divisions tow in tow with cavalry units, and they have forty-story skyscrapers but people travel by stagecoach or rail because internal-combustion technology is reserved for military uses. Magic exists, but is manifested more through technological progress than traditional high-fantasy spells.

As for the Palandril Military, which I think will come into play soon...

Infantry

The largest portion by far of the Palandril military. While there are some Dwarf-only and Human-only contingents, most units are interracial.

Unity Guard
    Reserve personnel, poorly trained, poorly equipped, low morale, huge numbers

Royal Engineers
    Units in charge of logistics of war, construction, utilities, engineering, etc.

Mobile Infantry
    Well trained infantry unit, equipped with adequate armor and small-arms weaponry, has specialized combat roles and unit cohesion and high morale

Royal Marines
    Best equipped, best armed, most highly trained units in the Palandril Army. The average marine has a near-genius IQ, speaks at least three languages fluently, and is in peak physical condition.

Aeroforce

The Palandril aeroforce is small and generally combustion-powered, although as time progresses more will be jet or fission powered and its role will become larger.

Gyrocopter
    Dwarven made helicopters which rely on gyrocentric screws to generate lift. Many look steam-punkish, but as time progresses they will resemble more modern helocopters.

Marine Pod
    A close range, rocket-propelled deployment vehicle that can be filled with up to fifty armored Royal Marines.

Command Dirigible
    Highly vulnerable balloon fortress that can serve as a mobile command post

Fighter
    One man aircraft equipped with basic ballistic and ordinance weapons.

Bomber
    Slow-flying large aircraft used to deliver explosive ordinance. Larger bombers can carry nuclear weapons.

Fission Fortress
    (pictured above)
    Large carrier capable of reaching low-orbit flight on fission power and holding smaller aircraft.

Mobile Units

A small, but growing, portion of the Palandril military

Cavalry
    Mobile infantry on horseback.

Mechanized Cavalry
    Combustion-powered vehicles that resemble jeeps or troop transports.

Armored Units
    Heavily armored and armed tank-vehicles

Navy

Not a large part of Palandril military.

Ironclad
    Ship of the line, similar to a 19th-century ironclad battleship

Cruiser
    Smaller, less heavily armored versions of Ironclads

Other

Palandril's ace up its sleeve. The super-powerful or super-covert weapons on Gade.

Nuclear Weapons
    -Short-range rocket mounted
    -Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
    -Ordinance (artillery or aircraft)

Chemical and Biological Weapons
    Hidden in secret bunkers across the planet. Unwilling to use on the surface of Gade.

Magick Corps
    Speallweaving elements of the Palandril military

Psychic Corps
    Individuals effect by the low-dosage radiation surrounding South Dresden. (these individuals will begin to manifest latent psychic abilities a few yars after the initial incident, they will become useful after a generation or so, and eventually individuals with these powers will be bred specifically to increase them)

--all these weapons and systems are incredibly primitive as of the moment (the start of conflict)--

Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-07-11 at 11:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    A resounding 'clap' echoed through the halls with a light elvish chuckle. Hodari, in his elf guise, stepped out of the light into the shadows, revealing himself.

He clapped again. "That was quite... interesting, madame arbiter." He grinned wickedly. "And well deserved of one who has lost their mind, i suppose." Hodari crossed his arms. "You are not at all what i expected when we poured our beings into the forge, i must admit. You are far, far better."

He stepped forward, and his being faded. He stopped as he noticed this, then took a step back and scratched his long black hair with one hand. "You might want to give your guards something to see gods with - oh, and the one on the left is getting lonely, apparently."

((Yes, there is a reason he came from the depths of space to speak with the arbiter. Three reasons, actually, one of which is ooc))
    [[I am not sure I understood you correctly, please say if you meant something different ]]

Thank you, and I presume you are Hodari? Greetings. Be warned, I am not able to do that to a god at full power, for he was weakened by greed, although he made a very good test of my powers. I think he will be a good force in the universe now, which is a un-expected outcome. Those guards are not possessed by me, although I think... Heretic, is it?- Created them to help defend this place. Ah, what do you mean by lonely? I do not think that these creations have thoughts, though I may be wrong. Also, I thank you for these Heretic. From my limited god sense, I think that you will be a positive force on the universe, or at least a happy one. After pausing for a moment, she turns back to Hodari "I sense through your physical posture that you have more too say, as you would not come here to tell me that one of the guards is lonely. Speak up, I always have time for a god."
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "By jove, I quite believe this example of a pious warrior-priest will soon face the velocity of my greatclub in short order."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

Hodari raised an eyebrow and his grin faded. "You appear to be astute as well as appealing. I came mostly to gauge your personality. Even vigilantes need to know what kind of police they'll encounter."

He crossed his arms. "But i am also here to ask a hypothetical question of you. Assume one of the gods makes a creature and has it attempt to enter my world. If i kill the creature the moment it enters the planet's atmosphere, does it count as interference on my part because i killed the creature, or on the other god's because the creature was sent directly?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

By my definition of the charter, you would be justified. It violates rule #2, since you would obviously wish it to not enter the atmosphere, and also maybe rule #5, because one of your rules may be "Do not come here". If the god sends a message before it enters the atmosphere, wishing for a peaceful talk, it would be different. Also, this may be seen on a case by case basis..
    The Coolest Villan Ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

Hodari nodded and moved towards the door. As he entered the light and began to disappear, he said, "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind."

As he made his way out, he looked at the guards who had never noticed him approach. Then he rolled his eyes and waved his hand, expending a bit of his power.

A wooden case filled with monocles appeared at the gates of the tower. There was a letter inside.

Arbiter,

I needed to burn some energy, and this seemed a useful move to make. Give each of your guards one of these and they'll be able to see divine energy. They're indestrutible and cannot be worn without permission from either you or one of the gods.

Bye beautiful! Good luck with your mediation thing.
    It's signed with a panther's pawprint.

PS. The guards can't see the crate or interact with it themselves so it doesn't count as interference.
    PSS. You can wear one if need be, but none of the other gods can without your permission.

((He actually wrote the words 'it's signed with a panther's pawprint'))

Spoiler
    Show
    4 ACT: Created the currently unamed monocles that allow one to see divine energy. Can only be worn with permission of a god, or by the arbiter.

((it took four because he's banning it's use from other gods. Otherwise it would barely be an act))
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-07-11 at 01:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Leonix and the Resplendent Blossom

I. And in these days did The Resplendent Blossom Of Divine Artifice march into bondage with the savage cat-folk. Rejoice, therefore, that she surrendered herself for thy sins, people of science!
    II. Thus did the savage hordes march back from the most holy Metropoli of the Adamant Mountains. Our Lady Of Science did then reach back her hand, which had been poised to wipe them from the face of the earth.
    III. But the people of science did not forget her, and they forged her image and placed it within the machine-hearts of the Metropoli. This they did to keep her memory with them, though she was in chattel among the savages.
    IV. And her Wonders they did study, and put to use. They were world-shaking artifacts, it is said, and they who possessed them did use them! The Sword of Light, the Hundredfold Piston Hammer, the Sail Of Ages, and their brethren - some passed from the knowledge of mortals, while others danced from owner to owner, changing lives at their own whim.
    V. And thus it was, and so it is. All hail Our Lady Of Science!

Nova and Lil' Brother

"Of course! Genius has, as an intrinsic component, the ability to change and adapt, to see the world through eyes different than the common man. You are -- you are the necessary mirror image to my own genius, not an inverse but a reflection. You even understand, as no one else does, that the strong must rule the weak, the genius dominate the common man.

Together - why, together, we shall open up the universe! That which is closed and locked shall be released, that which stands opposed to strength and genius shall be crushed!"
    Nova laughs. It is an impressive laugh, the kind that mad scientists seek ceaselessly to perfect, arrogant and intelligent and excited. Finally, she stops, and she looks around her again. "I would offer the use of my planet to you, but I believe that there are some things that cannot be restrained, should not be restrained. But should you require some trinket, some artifact or structure, you need but ask your big sister." You can hear the little heart at the end of that sentence. Isn't she such a sweet mad science god?
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Stories: Gate

All in all, Slave 6-31449 believed herself to be lucky. She was not, as she had feared, assigned to one of the lower Classes. Were she a 2 or a 3, she would have lived a short, pain-filled life serving the endless engines of the Metropolis. Even as a 6, she might have been given to a rapacious, cruel master to serve, one generous with the lash - or even been a 7 or an 8, expected to be willing and ready whenever her master wished to slate his lusts.

But, as she soon learned, Falki d'Tezliir was a pathetic man. She had been purchased by the d'Tezliir family to serve him - no, to run his life. He would have starved to death within the first month of her service had she not been there to remind him of food and sleep. He stayed in his study, scribbling blueprints and ripping them to shreds, muttering to himself like one of the Holy Madmen. Maybe he was one, just one that lacked both genius and the violent madnesses.

His story she learned over time, from mutterings and the rest of his house's staff. Falki was a genius, one of the precious few chosen to serve Our Lady Of Science in person, at the Cold House. He had been ambitious in his service, and knew everything from chemistry to genetic-morphic theory. Then, one fateful day, high-and-rising Falki was given the chance to see one of Our Lady Of Science's many designs - a device that would allow men to travel great distances in the blink of an eye.

And the fool told her that she was wrong.

In one day, Falki was transformed from the brightest, most lauded member of the d'Tezliir family to its outcast, suicidal leech. Thrown out of Cold House, he was given a family apartment in Metropolis Anazi and a pitiful allowance, as he was still family. And his loving family left him there to rot with a few slaves and his parchments. 6-31449 did what she could to placate her master and keep him alive, but on the whole she was freer than most slaves. And she never dreamed he would account to anything more than a morose, drunken has-been.

Until today.

Today, at the seventeenth minute of the ninth hour, Falki d'Tezliir crowed for joy. Today, as 6-31449 brought in the tray for her master's breakfast, she was knocked over and into a wall by his flight. She blinked in confusion, then followed him as quickly as she could. "M-master?"

He stopped on his heel, spun about, grabbing her shoulders. "GOT IT! I've got it, it was so obvious, why didn't I see it? Hahaha! You see, she was trying to affect the change in position directly on the body but it can't take that no, no, it wouldn't work and I told her so and I was right hahaha because you see, you see, space isn't really space it is made up of a hundred different planes of existence occurring simultaneously but and this is IMPORTANT but not in the same place! All I need is a semi-circle, metal semi-circle, and galvanic essence, and wires. Need wires! You, slave, get me wires! HAHAHAHAAAA!"

He was in the Holy State, so 6-31449 fetched him wire. By the time she located him again, he was doing SCIENCE to the archway leading into his complex. "Here, bring them here - quickly, you stupid thing!" He snatched them away from her hands, and continued to mutter to himself as he connected wires to the arch, then connected another wire to the building's steam engine.

The moment the wire was connected, space screamed within the archway. 6-31449 fell to her knees, terrified of the utter wrongness of what she saw. And she could hear Falki's mad laughter. "You see? YOU SEE? IT WORKS HAHAHA IT WORKS you all said it wouldn't called me mad, well who's mad now? WHO'S MAD NOW?"

Technically, it wasn't aimed. It led out into the depths of space. But today, today, the first Gate opened, and the world would never be the same again.

Stories: Airship

Remember that thou art people of the earth. From foxes thou wert made - did I give thee wings?

It was a historic day when the Endeavor first launched from Metropolis Skl'yp. Sails fully unfurled, iron hull shining, propellers roaring. The Endeavor was only an idle dream before the Day of Madness. But now, now it was a reality.

It shouldn't have worked. That's what everyone had said. A flying ship? Based on the primitive sea-faring vessels of the catfolk? Had Abanius Azamerre lost his mind? But now, look at it! Sailing across the Adamant Mountains, stopping at every metropolis within the mountains. It would revolutionize trade, transportation, even warfare. Now the Raposa could spy upon the savages without fear of reprisal.

This is why you must reach to the sky, my children, to make your own wings.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-07-11 at 03:37 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show